• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Catholic Attack on Literal Interpretation of Scripture: Full of Holes and Logical Fallacies

Catholics and Protestants have different beliefs. Still we all brothers in Christ. If we believe in Sola Fide then we believe that those who live their faith in Christ will be saved.

Catholics have a lot of freedom in interpreting the Bible as long as it does not interfere with faith or morals. Protestants have thousands of denominations so I imagine that for them it depends on their particular denomination.

Yes, in Matt 28:19 Jesus instructs his disciples to go out into the world, spreading the message of Christianity
Only the apostles not disciples

Faith alone no!

Scripture that opposes “Faith alone”!

Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Rom 8:17 faith and suffering
2 Timothy 2:12
1 thes 1:3 faith, love, patience / 2 thes 1:4 / 1 Tim 6:11 /
Col 1:24 sufferings
Philemon 1:5 love and faith
Phil 1:29 called to suffer not faith alone
Titus 2:2 faith, love, patience
James 2:24 faith & works
Heb 6:12 faith & patience / rev 13:10
Rev 2:19 works, charity, service, faith, patience
Rev 12:17 testimony of Jesus & commandments
Rev 2:19 & rev 13:10 & Rev 14:12 commandments & patience
Three things are eternal! 1 cor 13:13

Faith, Hope, & Charity!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29

Thanks

The gospel includes tradition or oral teaching Matt 28:19-20

I would offer its not puting a stamp of approval on oral traditions of the fathers.

Mathew 28:18-20 And Jesus (powerless ) came and spake unto them, saying, All power (of the father) is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen

It's not a dead commandment .It applies today. Today missionaries are sent out preaching the gospel.

The living word of God is still performing it work as a kingdom of priest sending out mankind from all nations with the gospel as it is written (sola scriptura) and exposing the lies of the oral traditions of the two kinds of fathers)

Oral traditions of men like our brother in the Lord Peter. Peter just reinstated into fellowship forgiven for offering oral traditions of men. Jesus said we would need a bigger planet to hold the volumes upon volume that expose the darkness of oral traditions . They work to make God's tradition (sola scriptura) to no effect.

John 21:21-25 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Apostles sent messengers (not venerable ones) are disciple of Christ. He sends out his disciples two by two . two to represent God has spoken.

The living word still sending out. How beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of Christ . . not the gospel of dying mankind .

Why is there a need to argue over things that should be obvious?

We can say that all apostles were disciples but I agree that not all disciples are apostles.

I would offer its not puting a stamp of approval on oral traditions of the fathers.
Before the gospels were written:

A significant portion of the Bible, particularly the Old Testament originated from oral traditions before being committed to writing. In ancient cultures, including those of the Hebrew people, oral tradition played a crucial role in passing down stories, laws, poetry, and religious teachings from one generation to the next.

The New Testament has many elements influenced by oral tradition. The teachings of Jesus, for example, were transmitted orally by his disciples before being recorded in written form in the Gospels. Overall, both oral and written traditions played crucial roles in the development of the Bible

Why is there a need to argue over things that should be obvious?

We can say that all apostles were disciples but I agree that not all disciples are apostles.

Before the gospels were written:

A significant portion of the Bible, particularly the Old Testament originated from oral traditions before being committed to writing. In ancient cultures, including those of the Hebrew people, oral tradition played a crucial role in passing down stories, laws, poetry, and religious teachings from one generation to the next.

The New Testament has many elements influenced by oral tradition. The teachings of Jesus, for example, were transmitted orally by his disciples before being recorded in written form in the Gospels. Overall, both oral and written traditions played crucial roles in the development of the Bible

Yes very crucial malang the word of God without effect no understanding come God rather coming from I heard it through the grape vine.

Private interpretations have nothing to with the will God. They reveal the will of dying mankind

Why would God promote something that makes his word without effect?

It would seem obvious no man can serve two good teaching masters as one Lord . Moses was moved by God to record one third of human history. The Holy Spirit the eye witness.

Look to the foundation of sola scriptura .Mount Sinai God doing the entire work, hew out two stone tablets two represent God has spoken and with his finger he wrote on both sides (no room or oral traditions of dying mankind .

When Moses came down he was moved to destroy the first set then again a second time using two again to represent one .That time he had Mose hew out two stones and again he with his finger wrote the same.

Developing the witness of two messengers to carry the gospel, message .Sending out apostle two by two it remains the witness of God. has spoke

.How beautiful are the feet of the messengers shod with the gospel of peace .

Mathew 28:18-20 And Jesus (powerless ) came and spake unto them, saying, All power (of the father) is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen

It's not a dead commandment .It applies today. Today missionaries are sent out preaching the gospel.

The living word of God is still performing it work as a kingdom of priest sending out mankind from all nations with the gospel as it is written (sola scriptura) and exposing the lies of the oral traditions of the two kinds of fathers)

Oral traditions of men like our brother in the Lord Peter. Peter just reinstated into fellowship forgiven for offering oral traditions of men. Jesus said we would need a bigger planet to hold the volumes upon volume that expose the darkness of oral traditions . They work to make God's tradition (sola scriptura) to no effect.

John 21:21-25 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
What Jesus Christ commands is truth and the Christian faith

Sacred Tradition / apostolic tradition

Every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ and were commanded to teach to all men!

The truths revealed by Christ and commanded by Christ to be taught by the apostles to all men!

Matt 28:19 does NOT say: go and teach all men to observe “scripture alone”, it does Not say go write books and let the people make their own faith!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Commanded to teach not to write “scripture alone”!

Commanded tradition not “scripture alone”!

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Apostolic tradition (doctrine) Not scripture alone”!

Nor is there more than one Christian faith revealed by Christ and taught by the apostolic church!
Eph 4:5

The Authority of the apostolic church is binds the conscience of every Christian to believe the Christian faith or the truths revealed by Christ and found in the creeds, dogma’s and Decree’s of apostolic councils.

The apostles are commanded by Christ to teach tradition.

We are commanded by Christ to obey tradition. Matt 28:19-20
Tradition (oral teaching) or every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ.

Obedience of faith! Rom 16:26

And scripture supports tradition.

Example of tradition: 1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you…

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Only Christ has authority to establish the one true church and to send the apostles to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation, all sects are full of errors and the tradition of men devoid of grace, truth, and authority.

One mediator:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

On the level of justice Christ is the only mediator, obtaining atonement, grace, mercy, and salvation.

Anyone in the communion of saints can pray and intercede for those in need, and the apostles mediate between Christ and the church, the communion of saints. Matt 28:20

And the angels minister to those who will inherit salvation. Heb 1:14

Sacred tradition

Matt 28:19-20
Acts 1:2-8
Rom 16:26
1 cor 11:23
2 thes 2:15

Yes very crucial malang the word of God without effect no understanding come God rather coming from I heard it through the grape vine.
Not sure what you have against stating the obvious that oral naturally comes before written and that both oral and written traditions played crucial roles in the gospels.

Written and oral traditions found in the Q, M and L gospels played a role in the synoptic gospels. If fact the spread of Christianity in the world was accomplished primarily through the living and oral transmission of the Word of God by the apostles and their appointed successors.
It would seem obvious no man can serve two good teaching masters as one Lord . Moses was moved by God to record one third of human history. The Holy Spirit the eye witness.
That we have varying opinions about oral traditions does not translate to one or the other of us serving more than one Lord. If you think so I wonder what you think about the numerous Protestant denominations that uncountable differences.

A central teaching of Rabbinic Judaism is that at Sinai, not only the Written Scriptures were revealed, but also the Oral Torah—the initially-not-written-down Torah of interpretation, expansion, and application of the Five Books of Moses.
Source...

Not sure what you have against stating the obvious that oral naturally comes before written and that both oral and written traditions played crucial roles in the gospels.

Written and oral traditions found in the Q, M and L gospels played a role in the synoptic gospels. If fact the spread of Christianity in the world was accomplished primarily through the living and oral transmission of the Word of God by the apostles and their appointed successors.
Hi thanks for the reply.

It would seem you have no scripture to support your offering of law of dying mankind called a law of the fathers .." I heard it through the dying legion of father's grape vine (oral traditions) Called by the Pope patron saints. (3500 and rising disembodied gods)

It's easy to see that some have made a legion of fathers called patron saints as if they all together make our one Holy Father in heaven, We venerate his name not the name of the legion ( Mathew 6 one manner one Father not seen)

The commandment is to call no dying man on earth Holy Father, Holy See, Vicar of Christ. Prince of the Apostles. Pontiff. Servant of the Servants of God. etc.

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

No such thing as appointed successors. Our Holy Father, Holy See in heaven alone is the one teaching master. He teaches us guides us and last but not least brings to our memory the previous things taught.

John14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father (in heaven Not Rome) will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Pope brings nothing to our memory. He is not God as our Holy Father (not seen) .

He warns of the law of the fathers that used to replace the Holy Spirt with their private interpretations. They say dying mankind must teach us and not the promised Holy Spirit that works in those born again. No need for the limbo doctrines as oral traditions of dying mankind. Wondering suffering, wondering suffering with no end in sight.

Protestants do not teach that some queen mother of heaven dying mankind have named Mary after our blessed sister in the lord. Teaching that she alone received the fullness of grace the whole cost of salvation. While the rest of the world receives an unknown remnant of grace. A damnable heresy that does despite to the fulness of grace. the price of salvation

1 John2: 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The obvious is dying mankind trying to make oral traditions of men they call fathers. call sola scriptura a heresy. There simply is no defense against it as it is written in the law and prophets.

Acts 24:5-6 For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes: Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

Acts 24:13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: (sola scriptura)

Rather than worship or venerate a legion of what some call patron saints we worship One Holy Father.

What Jesus Christ commands is truth and the Christian faith

Sacred Tradition / apostolic tradition

Every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ and were commanded to teach to all men!

The truths revealed by Christ and commanded by Christ to be taught by the apostles to all men!

Hi I would offer. .

It seems you simply have another authority other than the word of God alone which would make the authority of God to no effect . No man can serve two good teaching master coming from one Devine God.

There is no such thing as dying succession of men. Called by the Pope patron saints.

God knew beforehand that when Moses died that mankind would continue to serve oral traditions (I heard through the father grapevine )

Our Holy Father moved Moses to finish writing sola scriptura all things written in the law and prophets then Moses placed it as it is written on the outside of the golden ark .

By opening His book of law, It reveals what was inside the mystery of His faith or labor of His love . Teaching us how to approach the faith of Christ that works in Christins to both reveal the will and empower dying mankind to perform it to His glory.

Catholics must deny its authority "sola scriptura" in exchange for their own book of the law as oral traditions of dying mankind of dying mankind (CCC))

Deuteronomy 31:24-29And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death? Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them.

Against them . .
not in support of "I heard it through the father's grapevine pass it around the table hoping it does not change.

Twice to emphasize no succession of dying mankind.

Deuteronomy 31:24 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

Where do you find the idea that would make the Book of his prophecy without effect?

Things of men dying mankind or God?

Peter our brother in the Lord learned that the hard way the difference between the two in Mathew 16 Peter rebuked the Lord of glory forbid Jesus the Son of man from doing the will of God . Peter again was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man Jesus (dying flesh) There is no forgiveness against the unseen Holy Father. The one with power to raise the dead.

It would seem you have no scripture to support your offering of law of dying mankind called a law of the fathers .." I heard it through the dying legion of father's grape vine (oral traditions) Called by the Pope patron saints. (3500 and rising disembodied gods)
There you go again. Show where sola scriptura is directly stated in the scriptures. If you can't you can not use sola scriptura for your own purposes.

I see a lot of Catholic bashing on here but rarely ever about the other thousands of denominations with innumerable differences among them. What makes it even worse is that most of it is over nonsense and at times a disregard for the ninth commandment. No one is going to the hot place for how they interpret the Bible as long as it does not effect faith and morals.

Jesus did not give us sola scriptura nor did he give us a written Bible. Jesus a preacher who taught by word of mouth, in other words oral. The Bible states, “The people were amazed at His teaching, for He taught with real authority—quite unlike the teachers of religious law” (Mark 1:22)

Note: in case you are unaware "the religious law" refers to the Hebrew law. i.e, circumcision, diet, shabbat, etc.

There you go again. Show where sola scriptura is directly stated in the scriptures. If you can't you can not use sola scriptura for your own purposes.

I see a lot of Catholic bashing on here but rarely ever about the other thousands of denominations with innumerable differences among them. What makes it even worse is that most of it is over nonsense and at times a disregard for the ninth commandment. No one is going to the hot place for how they interpret the Bible as long as it does not effect faith and morals.

Jesus did not give us sola scriptura nor did he give us a written Bible. Jesus a preacher who taught by word of mouth, in other words oral. The Bible states, “The people were amazed at His teaching, for He taught with real authority—quite unlike the teachers of religious law” (Mark 1:22)

Note: in case you are unaware "the religious law" refers to the Hebrew law. i.e, circumcision, diet, shabbat, etc.

So then you deny the teaching using the ark of the Covenant (no succession of dying mankind)? The doctrine of Read the word of God to find the mysteries of His faith hidden inside (three items.)

Called hidden manna in Revelation 2:17. the stone tablet written by the finger of God Not a oral tradition of the dying fathers, and the rod of Gods authority.

Again, there must be some scripture to support your offering of " as succession of dying mankind puffed up above all things written in the book of the law (sola scriptura)

The apostle Paul prophecies the living words from the Holy Father to the matter of. . . puffing up venerating dying mankind above the word of God (sola scriptura) The Holy Spirit set the record straight. Just exactly who it is that makes men different (not the Pope)

1 Corinthians 4: 6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure(parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up (venerated) for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

How that was turned the above law upside down in inspired from earth is a mystery. We have the perfect that works in us sealed with 7 seals till the end of time. There are no laws missing by which we could know God more adequately or intimately.

Why seek after the oral traditions of dying mankind?

Apostle sent one messenger. . not highly venerable puffed-up ones. They have their reward.

So then you deny the teaching using the ark of the Covenant (no succession of dying mankind)? The doctrine of Read the word of God to find the mysteries of His faith hidden inside (three items.)
How does the ark of the covenant dismiss the value of the oral teachings of Jesus that only much latter were put into writing?
Called hidden manna in Revelation 2:17. the stone tablet written by the finger of God Not a oral tradition of the dying fathers, and the rod of Gods authority.

Again, there must be some scripture to support your offering of " as succession of dying mankind puffed up above all things written in the book of the law (sola scriptura)
I haven't seen any Catholics denying the value of written teachings. You have not shown where sola scriptura is written in the Bible. Until you can do so it can not suit your purposes.
The apostle Paul prophecies the living words from the Holy Father to the matter of. . . puffing up venerating dying mankind above the word of God (sola scriptura) The Holy Spirit set the record straight. Just exactly who it is that makes men different (not the Pope)
The word of God also comes down through Scared Tradition, i.e, Sacred or apostolic tradition consists of the teachings that the apostles passed on orally through their preaching. If you don't agree show us your proof against it.
1 Corinthians 4: 6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure(parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up (venerated) for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
The Pauline letters were letters to the churches that were meant to be read, i.e. orally, to the church. Why read orally? Likely because not many people of the 1st century were literate.
How that was turned the above law upside down in inspired from earth is a mystery. We have the perfect that works in us sealed with 7 seals till the end of time. There are no laws missing by which we could know God more adequately or intimately.

Why seek after the oral traditions of dying mankind?

Apostle sent one messenger. . not highly venerable puffed-up ones. They have their reward.
Obviously, given the thousands divisions in Protestantism, simply “going to the Bible” hasn’t worked. In the end, a person has no assurance or certainty in the Protestant system. They can only “go to the Bible” themselves and perhaps come up with another doctrinal version of some disputed doctrine to add to the list.

You talk about the law but not the "law of Christ" which are his two commandments and that he gave orally.
But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.​
Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?​
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.​
This is the first and great commandment.​
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.​
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.​
Matt 22:34 - 40

Last edited:
How does the ark of the covenant dismiss the value of the oral teachings of Jesus that only much latter were put into writing

The word of God in its entirety was placed on the "outside" of it as it is written. it works to define the hidden mystery inside. Teaching us all things written in the law and prophets alone reveals the mysteries hid in parables. It was against those that insisted on I heard it through the fathers grapevine. God knew as soon a Moses dies "how much more after my death?", They would look for a replacement to teach doctrines of dying mankind men (CCC)

Deuteronomy 31;25-27 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

I would ask to explain where oral tradition after a succession of dying mankind gets it approval from? Teaching the opposite to the law above law (sola scriptura).

The word of God in its entirety was placed on the "outside" of it as it is written. it works to define the hidden mystery inside. Teaching us all things written in the law and prophets alone reveals the mysteries hid in parables.
Let me make this simple for you. Did Jesus preach Christianity from a written text?
It was against those that insisted on I heard it through the fathers grapevine. God knew as soon a Moses dies "how much more after my death?", They would look for a replacement to teach doctrines of dying mankind men (CCC)
Deuteronomy 31;25-27 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?
I already covered this in a previous comment with references. What Moses received from God was both written and oral.
I would ask to explain where oral tradition after a succession of dying mankind gets it approval from?
Jesus and his apostles were preachers. They did not pass out tablets made of wax or clay with written words to the crowds they preached to. Even, as I wrote before, Paul's letters were meant to be read in the Churches because only ~10% were literate in the first century BCE.
Teaching the opposite to the law above law (sola scriptura).
Where did you get the idea that there is a Law of Sola Scriptura. Perhaps you meant something else.

If Sola Scripture can be found taught in Scripture (and if Scripture teaches what Sola Scriptura denies: that neither Tradition nor Church possess binding, infallible authority, as Scripture does), then it would be a true and binding belief (just like anything else taught in inspired Scripture.

But Sola Scriptura cannot be found in Scripture (You have not succeeded in showing the contrary, that it is there. Not even close, and Scripture indeed teaches that Authority of Tradition of the Church:

"So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter." 2 Thessalonians 2:15 (NIV) (note: spoken word)​
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:18-19 (NIV)​

Once again. No one is going to the hot place for their belief or non belief of SS. If you live your faith in Christ there is no need to worry about what doesn't matter.

Faith alone no!

Scripture that opposes “Faith alone”!

Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Rom 8:17 faith and suffering
2 Timothy 2:12
1 thes 1:3 faith, love, patience / 2 thes 1:4 / 1 Tim 6:11 /
Col 1:24 sufferings
Philemon 1:5 love and faith
Phil 1:29 called to suffer not faith alone
Titus 2:2 faith, love, patience
James 2:24 faith & works
Heb 6:12 faith & patience / rev 13:10
Rev 2:19 works, charity, service, faith, patience
Rev 12:17 testimony of Jesus & commandments
Rev 2:19 & rev 13:10 & Rev 14:12 commandments & patience
Three things are eternal! 1 cor 13:13

Faith, Hope, & Charity!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29

Thanks
Faith the labor or power of Gods love or called work of His faith is never alone it provide a testimony seen
The work of faith God decaling let there be as law and the testimony is good

In that way we are loving command not to have the powerful faith of Christ as the power of God in respect to dying mankind seen to give over the faith of Christ to dying mankind like the Pope is blasphemy God is not a man .

7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Faith is a work that God performs in us yoked with Him

God is not a man a person must be born again of the unseen Holy Father in heaven not Rome.

Back