• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Are all men redeemed?

You're off-topic doing so. This op is about whether or not all men are redeemed. Changing the topic to sola scriptura is either a dishonest bait and switch, a disingenuous effort to avoid scripture's answers to the op's inquiry, complete foolishness, or evidence of a lack of some cognitive faculty. Either way, there's no excuse for it and it has not place in this thread. Furthermore, EVERY time you quote scripture you are appealing to its authority. Every time you argue against sola scriptura saying there are other authorities, you're, again, off-topic AND arguing a straw man because sola scriptura never claims to be the sole authority in all things always and everywhere. It is a very specific doctrine very limited in its scope. A profound ignorance is evident in Posts 72 and 73. You do not know how to stay on topic, you do not know how to post op-relevantly, you do not correctly understand sola scripture, and you do not understand your own contradictions. Most of it is completely avoidable simply by sticking to the answer to the question asked!

Now.....

Do you have anything more to contribute in answer to the question, "Are all men redeemed?" or have you said all you can say on the subject?
I can’t be off topic it’s my thread, I started it!

All men are redeemed! Yes

All men fell in Adam!

Redemption is salvation. It does not lead to sufferings wondering, wondering, wondering in a place called Limbo. . with no end of sufferings in sight.

Ephesians 2. By the powerful work of Christ's work of His faith, as a labor of his loved we are saved. Not anything from there dying powerless bodies of sin
Narrow road leads to life!
End not beginning

You mean eph 2:8 which refers to redemption not salvation
No. You mentioned 2:18 and took it to prove what it does not. As I said, in fact, it supports what I believe. I was not referring to Eph 2:8, though that, and the whole chapter, is important as contextual to 2:18.

By the way, you have not shown how 2:18 supports your premise.

Last edited:
I can’t be off topic it’s my thread, I started it!

All men are redeemed! Yes

All men fell in Adam!
This is amazing! You "can't be off topic" if you started the thread?!?

The OP states subject and direction of conversation, and you think that if YOU go off on a tangent, it can't be off topic?

If indeed you intended all along to go off on a tangent the OP does not mention, then the terms of the OP are deceiving, and you are disingenuous.

No. You mentioned 2:18 and took it to prove what it does not. As I said, in fact, it supports what I believe. I was not referring to Eph 2:8, though that, and the whole chapter, is important as contextual to 2:18.

Without Christ’s redemption we have no access to God’s grace

This is amazing! You "can't be off topic" if you started the thread?!?

The OP states subject and direction of conversation, and you think that if YOU go off on a tangent, it can't be off topic?

If indeed you intended all along to go off on a tangent the OP does not mention, then the terms of the OP are deceiving, and you are disingenuous.
Not intented no, but I’ll say what I like on my thread, you have the same privilege on the threads you start, and I would not go down a rabbit hole one your thread but give you the respect you deserve!
Thks

donadams said:
First we must be redeemed then we have the possibility of justification!

Justification is only by faith and baptism

Ephesians 2:18
For through him we both have accessby one Spirit unto the Father.

makesends said:
Without Christ’s redemption we have no access to God’s grace
You do understand, I hope, that you are making huge jumps in logic? I see no mention of redemption or justification in 2:18. There are whole books of logical progression to go through before you can show this verse proving your premise.

What this verse DOES show directly relates to its context, in which we find, "God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." If I may paraphrase: God regenerated us when we were dead. And it relates this directly to Salvation, which it says is by Grace— subsequently in the chapter described as God's work alone.

See how simple it is? No need to run all over the place to relate and refine and redesignate. And all of Scripture agrees with this.

Not intented no, but I’ll say what I like on my thread, you have the same privilege on the threads you start, and I would not go down a rabbit hole one your thread but give you the respect you deserve!
Thks
Of course you can do as you wish, but call it what it is —a departure from the OP, and bad form.

See all men redeemed

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

One who is sent! Who has authority to send them?
God is the only one I heard of that sends men out to defend the gospel (sola scriptura)

Who sent you to challenge all things writen in the law and prophets sola scriptura

( Why appose it, is it so you can keep the 3500 and rising patron saints as workers with familiar spirits gods )

Who sends out patron saints?

No. see Romans 9
Is Jesus Christ the redeemer of the world?

They may not be justified but they and all men are redeemed which makes justification and the whole process of salvation possible

“Salvation”

Redemption
Justification
Sanctification
Purification
Glorification

Thks

Rev 20:11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Sounds like a no.
But Satan doesn't want anyone to know, thus he brings up the big lie....

Back