• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What 'Unorthodox' doctrine has come into the church?

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
I came across a few sites that showed the many doctrines and traditions not sanctioned by the scriptures but here is a few:
  • The festival of Easter (It is the Passover/Pasch, not the pagan festival)
  • Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God
  • Scriptures for the priesthood only, scripture makes clear its for all
  • The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity
  • A infallible vicar of Christ
  • Rote prayer
  • The Rosary or beaded prayer chains
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Worship of Mary or any of the 'saints' for that matter
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
  • The mission, practices, and methods of the Jesuits
  • Eucharistic Christ (The bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ whenever conjured up by a priest)

What Unorthodox Doctrine has Come into the Church?

I came across a few sites that showed the many doctrines and traditions not sanctioned by the scriptures but here is a few:
  • The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity
  • Rote prayer
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
  • Eucharistic Christ (The bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ whenever conjured up by a priest)
?????

Do you consider Protestants the Church. I ask because I do not know any Protestant who subscribes to anything listed in this op. The only ones I do know subscribing to any of those items are Roman Catholics and the website to which we're linked in this op is an overt, explicit criticism of Roman Catholicism.

Therefore, this op should be posted in the RCC Board unless there is room for including Protestant doctrines.

For example, Dispensationalism and the eschatology it propagated are both unorthodox.

• Changes in economy or stewardship should be labeled as "dispensations."
  • There are two different peoples of God with two completely unrelated purposes and outcomes.
  • Ecclesiology and eschatology are more important than Christology and soteriology.
  • Salvation for some is by works+plus+grace.
  • False teachers should not be dealt with but instead be allowed to remain in the Church and preach.
  • Christianity should be Judaized.
  • Scripture is discontinuous.
  • Experientialism the measure of conversion.
  • Tongues are necessary in every Christian.
  • Sinless perfection is possible on this side of the grave.

Not all of those are due to Dispensationalism. I'll add to that lost as germane thoughts occur to me and discussion warrants. If this is intended as a rag on RCC influence, then the op forgot pedobaptism as sacramental and salvific, and stages and lecterns (or pulpits). Otherwise, I think Dispensationalism and Dispensational Premillennialism is close to equal with the RCC when it comes to unorthodox doctrines.

Got a pair of questions for you @Hobie:

1. Do you routinely fellowship and participate in a weekly worship service with others?
  2. If so, how does that group practice the Lord's supper? (do you all use wafers, crackers, pieces of bread, etc.? do you all wine or juice and how is it served?)

Thx for answering immediately, directly, and succinctly.

• Rote prayer
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
Your site is misleading.

"What 'Unorthodox' doctrine has come into the church?"

King James Onlyism is a doctrine that would be absent from the first 1600 years of Christianity, making it unorthodox to anyone not living in the post-Reformation era.

Give me a ring when there additions or subtractions to the true Gospel

Galatians 1:8-9 NKJV
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. [9] As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Same as all the apostates church other doctrines..
This is the first part of the site you attached.... 'The key-word that describes the doctrine of Roman Catholics is: CHANGE'

The Church 'develops'. Do you have issues with Christ's words? 'Whatever you bind....'?

Therefore, this op should be posted in the RCC Board unless there is room for including Protestant doctrines.
I and not suggesting to not divide on another board

I would offer. Protestant's that serve the same kind government of men, venerable after the dying flesh of each other. And not (Philippians 2:13) the working with Christ who does work in all men to show his power as he works in us to both reveal his will and empower us to finish it to His good pleasure.

Not the false authority like that of Nicodemus the blind followers . Nicolaitans

Yoked with his labor of love our daily brudens can a made lighter .We can pray give the daily bread of his will, The doctrine called (hidden manna)

He calls the orthodoxy the confederacy or those of the number. Some call venerable. Puffing oneself above al things writen in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

They that compare themselves to themselves venerating each other and not venerating the living word of God the confederacy .

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Like Nicodemus the leader of Nicolaitanes .who served as a daysman (Pope) a fleshly infalible umpire set bewteen God not sen and dying mankind seen. strike three you're out . ball four enter heaven.

Mankind in the place of our invisible Holy Father, our first love, Christ working in us dying mankind .

venerating dying mankind. The cause of removing the candlestick. . giving glory to the dying creature seen more than our inviable Holy Father

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; (Believe God) or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

Isaiah 8:12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.

Obadiah 1:7All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee even to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, and prevailed against thee; they that eat thy bread have laid a wound under thee: there is none understanding in him.

"What 'Unorthodox' doctrine has come into the church?"

King James Onlyism is a doctrine that would be absent from the first 1600 years of Christianity, making it unorthodox to anyone not living in the post-Reformation era.
Scripture alone too!

I will respond these one at a time!

The festival of Easter (It is the Passover/Pasch, not the pagan festival)

Easter is not the Passover Christians cannot participate in Jewish practices that point to the coming of Christ without deny that He did come, it is offensive to Christ and our salvation!

Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ!

The festival of Easter (It is the Passover/Pasch, not the pagan festival)

Easter is not the Passover Christians cannot participate in Jewish practices that point to the coming of Christ without deny that He did come, it is offensive to Christ and our salvation!

Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ!
Easter a oral tradition of dying mankind supports the simplicity of the gospel just as Christmas another oral traditions of dying mankind

In that way there must be heresies (Sects) as oral traditions of dying mankind as long as they do not do despite to the Holy Father's Spirit as the "fullness of His grace". The working of our Holy fathers Spirit working in born agin saints,It does not come by observing the temporal things the eye sees We have a living hope of new bodies beyond the grave.

For who hopes for what they already have. . a dead hope, dead faith or no faith . . .that could please our Holy Father not seen ??? We must follow the mater to the conclusion as a law not subject to change through oral traditons of dying mankind .I heard it through the venerable fathers grape vine.

Having salvation and not just a kick start a remnant in respect to the fullness, the complete cost of salvation It cannot be purchases through what some call sacraments ceremonial laws as shadow of the unseen eternal law as it is written (sola scriptura)

Like many things there are two kinds .Satan would have it the word heresy all one in the same. Heresies, our private commentaries or interpretations (every person has one)

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Those who oppose the fullness of grace "the full part of salvation. (Again not just a kick start ) are identified as false apostles sent, inspired from earth with false prophecy the oral traditions of dying mankind

It is at that point that the rubber hits the road. . the idea of a Queen mother in heaven (his and hers gods) is shown as false prophecy

The Pope teaching that our blessed sister in the Lord, Mary alone received the fullness of Grace while the rest of the planet a unknown remnant and after they take their last breath of oxygen of life. . . they must continue forever to suffer in Limbo for the younger sinners and purgatory for the more mature. Even teaching the Queen mother visits those in purgatory giving comfort even with the Protestant's .

Sounds a little fishy to me ?

Sufferings they No end of faith as grace (Christ's labor of love) the whole salvation of ones soul . Born again of the water of the word the incorruptible seed . . believers receive the end from the beginning.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

They simply is no armor against the armor of God (sola scriptura) the flaming sword of the Spirit it is still guarding the way to eternal life.

Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God.
Purgatory makes no such claim!
Those being purified in purgatory are saved by the blood of the lamb!
Biblical Purgatory:

Psalm 66:12 (RSV) Thou didst let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; yet thou hast brought us forth to a spacious place.

This verse was considered a proof of purgatory by Origen and St. Ambrose, who posits the water of baptism and the fire of purgatory.

Isaiah 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion and cleansed the bloodstains of Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning. (cf. 1:25-26; 6:5-7; Ecc 12:14)

St. Augustine, in the 20th Book of his City of God, chapter 25, interprets this as purgatory. The preceding verse refers to the saved (“called holy” and “recorded for life”) and verses 5 and 6 describe the repose of the blessed.

Micah 7:9 I will bear the indignation of the Lord because I have sinned against him, until he pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me forth to the light; I shall behold his deliverance. (cf. Lev 26:41, 43; Job 40:4-5; Lam 3:39)

St. Jerome considered this verse a clear proof of purgatory.

Malachi 3:3 he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, till they present right offerings to the LORD.

Origen, St. Irenaeus, St. Ambrose, St. Augustine, and St. Jerome all thought this was a description of purgatory.

2 Maccabees 12:44-45 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. [45] But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin. (cf. 1 Cor 15:29)

The Jews offered atonement and prayer for their deceased brethren, who had clearly violated Mosaic Law. Such a practice presupposes purgatory, since those in heaven wouldn’t need any help, and those in hell are beyond it.

Matthew 5:22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, “You fool!” shall be liable to the hell of fire.

St. Francis de Sales commented:

It is only the third sort of offence which is punished with hell; therefore in the judgment of God after this life there are other pains which are not eternal or infernal, — these are the pains of Purgatory.

Matthew 5:26 truly, I say to you, you will never get out till you have paid the last penny.

The “prison” alluded to in verse 25 is purgatory, according to Tertullian, St. Cyprian, Origen, St. Ambrose, and St. Jerome, while the “penny” represents the most minor sins that one commits.

Matthew 12:32 And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

If this sin cannot be forgiven after death, it follows that there are others which can be, and this must be in purgatory: precisely the interpretation of St. Augustine, Pope St. Gregory the Great, the Venerable Bede, and St. Bernard, among others.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For no other foundation can any one lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. [12] Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw – [13] each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. [14] If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. [15] If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

This is a clear and obvious allusion to purgatory. Thus thought St. Cyprian, St. Ambrose, St. Jerome, Pope St. Gregory the Great, Origen, and St. Augustine, who wrote with his usual insight:

ecause it is said, he shall be saved, that fire is thought lightly of. For all that, though we should be saved by fire, yet will that fire be more grievous than anything that man can suffer in this life whatsoever. (Expositions on the Psalms, 38, 2)

Hebrews 12:14 Strive for peace with all men, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. (cf. 12:1, 5-11, 15, 23, Eph 5:5; 1 Thess 4:3; 1 Jn 3:2-3)

Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman observed (as an Anglican):

Even supposing a man of unholy life were suffered to enter heaven, he would not be happy there; so that it would be no mercy to permit him to enter . . . There is a moral malady which disorders the inward sight and taste; and no man labouring under it is in a condition to enjoy what Scripture calls the fulness of joy in God’s presence, . . . (Sermon on this verse: “Holiness Necessary for Future Blessedness,” 1834)

Revelation 21:27 But nothing unclean shall enter it, nor any one who practises abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

The abundance of scriptural evidence for purgatory led to a consensus among the Church fathers: summarized by Protestant church historian Philip Schaff:

These views of the middle state in connection with prayers for the dead show a strong tendency to the Roman Catholic doctrine of Purgatory. (History of the Christian Church, vol. 2, “Ante-Nicene Christianity: A. D. 100-325,” 5th edition, New York: 1889; ch. 12, sec. 156, 604-606)

Good thief promised paradise yet is still suffering the just punishment of His sins.

Lk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Revelation 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Isa 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.

6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Matt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Matthew 12:32
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Shall some sins can be forgiven in the world to come and it can’t be heaven cos no unclean thing can enter there.

The children of Israel in bondage down in Egypt are a type of purgatory as the promised land is a type of heaven:

Isa 6:3 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory!

(Scriptures for the priesthood only, scripture makes clear its for all
The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity)

The new covenant apostolic priesthood is what leads the people!

The HS leads them in to all truth, Jn 16:13 and they must teach, instruct, and educate us in the Christian faith! Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 etc.

The Mosaic covenant had two priesthoods:

Arron and His successors: high priests over the low ( ministerial order) priests, the Levites:

The common priesthood of the people: ex 19:6

There are two new covenant priesthoods: priesthood in scripture is plural.

“Jesus Christ is high priest of the (ministerial) order of melchisedec”.
acts 10:14
heb 5:1
heb 8:1
heb 8:3

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9

Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new and eternal covenant!

The new covenant was a reformation of the mosaic covenant so it has many similarities. Heb 9:10

Old Israel:

Ex 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

New Israel:

1 pet 2:5-9
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 6:16
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Apostles / bishops were ordained priests by Jesus Christ at the last supper: 1 cor 11:24-26
do this in memory of me. offer this in memory of me, the Passover was a sacrifice. Ex 12:27 1 cor 5:6-8

Worship:

Adoration: rev 7-12
Propitiatory reparation: Jn 1:29
rom 3:25 1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
1 Jn 2:2 1 Jn 4:10
Thanksgiving: Phil 4:6
Petition: Phil 4:6

Spirit and truth:

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Offering the eternal sacrifice of Christ for the salvation of all men!

There are two parts of the priesthood in the new covenant church:

In the order of Melchisedec,
Christ high priest:

His apostles low priests: or
Ministerial priesthood:

and the royal priesthood of Christians.

Christ is Eternal priest:

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is High priest:

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Low priests / priesthood:

There must be low priests in the same order for a high priest to be over them. And the word in scripture “priesthood” is plural.

And they are to offer the eternal sacrifice of Christ!

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 5:7 …For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Christ is Eternal priest:

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The office and nature of a priest is to offer sacrifice, so an eternal priest offers an eternal sacrifice!

Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

A pure offering:
A Clean oblation:
An Unbloody sacrifice:

Only a priest offers sacrifice!

Propitiatory Sacrifice of Christ!

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

A infallible vicar of Christ

Isa 22:21-22 father (pope means papa) with key of authority over the kingdom

Matt 16:16-19 Peter declared blessed, head of the church (on earth) key (signs) of jurisdictional authority

Matt 17:27 It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself.

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church

Acts 15:7 God chose Peter

Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

3rd time for Peter to receive “spirit baptism”! He must be special for some reason! Jn 20:22 acts 2:4

1 pet 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

No reason to give the person of Peter the keys of the kingdom, “Thee outward sign” of jurisdictional authority if not to govern and administer the kingdom until Christ returns in glory!

Matt 16:17-19
Why is Peter even mentioned?
Why does Jesus change His name?
Why does Jesus say Peter is blessed?
Why does Jesus give Peter the keys of the kingdom (jurisdictional authority)
Why does Jesus give Peter power to bind and loose?
Why does scripture say God chose Peter? Acts 15:7
What does Peter standing up signify? Acts 1:15 & 15:7

Matt 16:17
Jesus declares Peter’s person not confession to be blessed!

Peter is the rock chosen by God!

Peter’s person is blessed and chosen not Peter’s confession?

Peter’s person has the keys of jurisdictional authority!

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

God chose Peter!

Matt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Is Peter’s person blessed or Peter’s confession?
Does Peter’s confession or Peter’s person receive divine revelation?

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

When God changes a man’s name abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel or Simon to Peter it signifies an office!

Is Peter’s person or Peter’s confession who’s name is changed?

And! Peter and rock are the same!

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Does Christ gives the keys to Peter’s person or Peter’s confession?

Does Christ give the power to bind and loose to Peter’s person or to a confession?

Did the Father send Christ or a confession of Christ?

Jesus Christ is the rock of salvation!

Peter is the rock that the church is built on by Christ!

Christ sends Peter not his confession!

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter alone, and instructed peter to minister to the other apostles

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church

Only Peter and His successors have
Jurisdictional authority from Christ to govern the church!

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediary!

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

First and chief apostle!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth in the place of Christ until His return!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Rote prayer
That just means memorized prayer,

The Rosary or beaded prayer chains
No rosary beads are required it’s only a means to keep track of the devotion, but the devotion itself is Christian prayer or meditation on the life, death, and resurrection of Christ !

Example
Sorrowful mysteries

Agony in the garden:
Scourging at the pillar:
Crowning with thorns:
Carrying the cross:
Jesus Crucified on the cross:

Repetitive prayer vs the repeating of a single prayer.

Repetitive is repeating within a prayer and has nothing to do with the practice of repeating an entire or single prayer more than once.

Example: Christ in the garden prayed the same prayer three times!

Let this cup pass from me, but not as I will, but as thou wills!

Thks

Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God.
Purgatory makes no such claim!
Those being purified in purgatory are saved by the blood of the lamb!
Biblical Purgatory:
I would wonder. How much of a remnant of grace does mankind receive before they take thier last breath of oxygen?

The unbelieving old testament Jews that followed after a legion of gods (he and she gods )as workers with familiar spirits. They are the originator of a queen mother in heaven as one alone that did receive the fullness of grace the whole cost of salvation

Rachel was found guilty of hiding the image idola the family patrons .Revealtives male and female gods in the likeness of dying mankind .3500 officiated by the Pope that men call infalible . . . called a daysman scripture Job 9

Why serve dying flesh of mankind rather than the eternal Sprite our Holy father in heaven ?

Same queen different dying fathers. Same rejecting sola scriptura we will not listen to the living writen word but will do whatsoever I heard it through the father grape will do .Venerate dying flesh and blood

jeremiah 44:15 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women (lib) that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word (sola scriptura) that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil. But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Same make believe queen some today call Mary after our blessed sister in the lord. Different dying fathers same rejection of sola scriptura (we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth)

Back