• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Is “Easter” in the original Scriptures?

All those who engage in "Easter sunrise services" are not worshiping the true God. This is a pagan practice. Christians often engage in this because they think Jesus rose at daybreak on Sunday morning. This is false. It is a misreading of Scripture. It flows from an absolute ignorance of Jewish culture and practices. And it's because Christianity has believed the lie that the New Testament was originally written in Greek. It was not.
Go down that rabbit hole, if your dare. And if your true faith is strong enough. You'll find the that the original language was Aramaic. And the true time line was a crucifixion on Wednesday. And a resurrection EXACTLY 3 days and nights later on Saturday evening. Just like Jesus predicted many times and that he said would be the PROOF that He is the true Messiah. If you do not believe those facts, you do not truly believe Jesus is the Messiah.
People are worshiping whoever they are worshiping on Easter sunrise services. What pagans did centuries ago has nothing to do with it and neither does a timeline or Jewish culture and practices. God numbered the days at creation as He created time. He did not name them. For all we know the first day would coincide with out Wednesday. Now I am sure there are people who think they have figured that all out with Hebrew calendars and ours, but they haven't. They have just reached a conclusion.

The Hebrew marking of months and days of the month for Sabbaths and Sabbath festivals was established by God for Israel when the Sinai covenant was made during and after the Exodus. The laws given in them were for remembrance of who He is and who He is to them in covenant, and for worship. It was not the month and day that was important but was set so that it was possible for them to obey. It was organized within our time.

To us the first day of the week is Sunday. Jesus rose on the first day of the week. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday following the first full moon, following the Spring solstice. Does this coincide with some pagan festival? I don't know and I don't care. It does not matter. It is a lunar measurement, just as the feasts and festivals of Israel and their calendar was lunar. And Easter is directly linked to the Passover, and Jesus in His redemption is related in the Bible to the deliverance from bondage in Egypt by God, the type of Christ delivering us from our bondage to sin and death in His resurrection.

People are worshiping whoever they are worshiping on Easter sunrise services. What pagans did centuries ago has nothing to do with it and neither does a timeline or Jewish culture and practices. God numbered the days at creation as He created time. He did not name them. For all we know the first day would coincide with out Wednesday. Now I am sure there are people who think they have figured that all out with Hebrew calendars and ours, but they haven't. They have just reached a conclusion.

The Hebrew marking of months and days of the month for Sabbaths and Sabbath festivals was established by God for Israel when the Sinai covenant was made during and after the Exodus. The laws given in them were for remembrance of who He is and who He is to them in covenant, and for worship. It was not the month and day that was important but was set so that it was possible for them to obey. It was organized within our time.

To us the first day of the week is Sunday. Jesus rose on the first day of the week. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday following the first full moon, following the Spring solstice. Does this coincide with some pagan festival? I don't know and I don't care. It does not matter. It is a lunar measurement, just as the feasts and festivals of Israel and their calendar was lunar. And Easter is directly linked to the Passover, and Jesus in His redemption is related in the Bible to the deliverance from bondage in Egypt by God, the type of Christ delivering us from our bondage to sin and death in His resurrection.
Your statements are absolutely incorrect. God DID name the days. He named the 7th one - Sabbath. And yes, I HAVE figured it out. I have mathematically proved the correct Hebrew calendar - the one that God gave originally.

"It was not the month and day that was important". Yes it was. God gave specific commands and He expected them to be followed.

The Lord spoke to Moses in the Desert of Sinai in the first month of the second year after they came out of Egypt. He said, 2 “Have the Israelites celebrate the Passover at the appointed time. 3 Celebrate it at the appointed time, at twilight on the fourteenth day of this month, in accordance with all its rules and regulations.” Number 9:1 (LSV)
"I don't know and I don't care. It does not matter"
It certainly does. God gives very clear instructions and it does matter to Him.

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."

So you know that it was used to supplant the Sabbath,
I do. So what?
and the first day, Sunday has no basis for worship except a pagan festival day to the sun?
That is incorrect. Romans 14 explains how one day need no longer be treated as more holy or honorable than another and we are free to honor one day as more significant but also free to honor all - as long as we 1) do so unto the Lord and 2) don't judge those who do things differently.

It's only those stuck in the Old Testament or the legalism of institutional religion who have problems with that.

Nothing of Easter was about Christ or His being risen, it was sun worship,
Yep. That was true. It is no longer true. Now everything having to do with Easter is all about Jesus and his resurrection from the dead. You're stuck in ancient times. Come up to contemporary times and celebrate the resurrection, do it every day and if you want to set aside any particular day to do so then do it, but don't judge those who worship Jesus and the resurrection victory on different days.

Your statements are absolutely incorrect. God DID name the days. He named the 7th one - Sabbath. And yes, I HAVE figured it out. I have mathematically proved the correct Hebrew calendar - the one that God gave originally.
You disagree with them. That is not the same thing as being incorrect. And notice I said at creation, God did not name the days. The seventh day, Sabbath, does not mean Saturday, it simply means rest. Every seventh day was a day of rest for man and beast. Is the correct Hebrew calendar the same as it was at creation? We can measure festivals and feasts of Israel through the Jewish calendar but we have nothing before that. Whether or not you have proved the correct Hebrew calendar, I do not know, and do not care. You declare it as absolute fact. Is there anyone anywhere who has also proved the correct Hebrew calendar by fiat, who does not arrive at the same thing you do? But that is not the thrust of the OP---which is to condemn every Christian who celebrates an Easter Sunrise Service as not worshiping the one true God.

So stick with the subject. I merely showed that when we worship God is not measured by the day of the week. It is always and forever. And if people celebrate an Easter Sunrise Service celebrating Christ's resurrection. it is Christ, the one true God, they are celebrating and worshiping.
"It was not the month and day that was important". Yes it was. God gave specific commands and He expected them to be followed.
Christians are not under Jewish Law. Christianity is not Judaism.
Those instructions were given to Israel for their purpose and their time, until Christ would come, live, die, be resurrected, ushering in a new covenant and the beginning of the last days when it will be consummated. A whole new and restored creation. Look at the long term aim and recognize one story----the story of redemption--from the beginning of the book to the end. It was in anticipation of Messiah's coming that the Jews looked forward to. A historical event and historical person. Now we celebrate His resurrection as we look forward to the future fulfillment of our resurrection and the covenant promise that comes with it.
Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."
That is a gross misuse of that scripture.

You disagree with them. That is not the same thing as being incorrect. And notice I said at creation, God did not name the days. The seventh day, Sabbath, does not mean Saturday, it simply means rest. Every seventh day was a day of rest for man and beast. Is the correct Hebrew calendar the same as it was at creation? We can measure festivals and feasts of Israel through the Jewish calendar but we have nothing before that. Whether or not you have proved the correct Hebrew calendar, I do not know, and do not care. You declare it as absolute fact. Is there anyone anywhere who has also proved the correct Hebrew calendar by fiat, who does not arrive at the same thing you do? But that is not the thrust of the OP---which is to condemn every Christian who celebrates an Easter Sunrise Service as not worshiping the one true God.

So stick with the subject. I merely showed that when we worship God is not measured by the day of the week. It is always and forever. And if people celebrate an Easter Sunrise Service celebrating Christ's resurrection. it is Christ, the one true God, they are celebrating and worshiping.

Christians are not under Jewish Law. Christianity is not Judaism.

Those instructions were given to Israel for their purpose and their time, until Christ would come, live, die, be resurrected, ushering in a new covenant and the beginning of the last days when it will be consummated. A whole new and restored creation. Look at the long term aim and recognize one story----the story of redemption--from the beginning of the book to the end. It was in anticipation of Messiah's coming that the Jews looked forward to. A historical event and historical person. Now we celebrate His resurrection as we look forward to the future fulfillment of our resurrection and the covenant promise that comes with it.

That is a gross misuse of that scripture.
Unfortunately, your continued assertion that you don't care about things that God says you should care about, makes your comment not worth commenting on. All proof would be useless with a mindset like that.

Unfortunately, your continued assertion that you don't care about things that God says you should care about, makes your comment not worth commenting on
Nevertheless you found it necessary to comment on it---though yo give no consideration of what I said and you don't address it. It is different than yours, therefore unworthy. Your assertion that I don't care about the things God says I should care about is a fallacious comment. God does not say I should focus on the same things that you focus on. You say that. God does not say I should not recognize the resurrection of Christ on the first Sunday after the first full moon, after the Spring solstice. but I should find out when the Jews celebrate Passover and celebrate the resurrection according to the Jewish calendar. You say that. God does not say that if I don't do that, then I am not worshiping Christ but a pagan god. You say that. God does not say that I have to get it all just right, the month, the day, according to something He prescribed for Israel. You say that.

I am not a Jew, I never was, never will be. I am alive in the time following the OC with Israel that was leading to the NC in Christ. God did not give me Sabbath feast commands.
All proof would be useless with a mindset like that.
Who said I was interested in your "proof?" Why don't you address the points I made concerning the Easter Sunrise Service? Your misunderstanding of the Law is as great as that of the Pharisees. They couldn't see beyond the written code to the principles it taught either. That is legalism.

Those that keep saying that it does not matter when or how God is worshiped - including at Easter - are very much ignorant about how important the matter really is. It did matter in the past. It does matter now. And it will matter well into the future.

It's very evident that no one wants to deal the anti-Jewish sentiment that the change of "Easter" or Passover is based on.
7th Canon of "The Apostolic Canons"

Canon 7​

If any bishop, presbyter, or deacon, shall celebrate the holy day of Easter before the vernal equinox, with the Jews, let him be deposed.

The Roman Church hated the Jews so much that they enshrined the calculation of Easter that it should never fall during the same time as the Jewish Passover. It is still that way to this day. Every time the Church celebrates on this date, they are continuing the hatred of the Jews (of course most do this in ignorance). But now that you know this, what will be your response? You are no longer ignorant of this information.

And the exact timing will matter well into the future. During the Millennial Kingdom which is soon to come, everyone will be required to observe the Feasts of the Lord. That means Jew and non-Jew alike.

Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.d 17And should any of the families of the earth not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, then the rain will not fall on them. 18And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter in, then the rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 19This will be the punishment of Egypt and of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zech 14:16-19

Those that keep saying that it does not matter when or how God is worshiped - including at Easter -
To be accurate, I never said any such thing, and it was you who implied God could be worshiped only at certain times without explanation.
are very much ignorant about how important the matter really is.
You have yet to evidence that.
It did matter in the past. It does matter now. And it will matter well into the future.
Prove it.
It's very evident that no one wants to deal the anti-Jewish sentiment that the change of "Easter" or Passover is based on. 7th Canon of "The Apostolic Canons"
Completely untrue. That very matter was "dealt with" in Posts 2, 3, 6, 7, and 18 and all that content is what is not being "dealt with."
The Roman Church hated the Jews so much that they enshrined the calculation of Easter that it should never fall during the same time as the Jewish Passover. It is still that way to this day. Every time the Church celebrates on this date, they are continuing the hatred of the Jews (of course most do this in ignorance). But now that you know this, what will be your response? You are no longer ignorant of this information.
All of which has all already been addressed.
And the exact timing will matter well into the future. During the Millennial Kingdom which is soon to come, everyone will be required to observe the Feasts of the Lord. That means Jew and non-Jew alike.

Well, let's see....

Zechariah 14:16-19
Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them. If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Not a single mention of any "millennial kingdom." No mention of the 21st century, either. Those who call Christ Lord and Savior no longer wander. The Festival of Booths (Sukkot) has nothing to do with Passover. Zech. 14 has nothing to do with this topic. Passover has been fulfilled and so too has Sukkot.

And the next post will ignore all these facts and contain non sequitur and ad hominem.
All this discussion and false assumptions. Very typical. What is termed "christianity" lost the connection with the true origin that it was birthed out of Jewish culture. The anti-semitism lives on as is evidenced by this entire thread.

A vey typical response from those that have no clue about the actual history of WHY the unbiblical tradition of Good Friday developed.

All those who engage in "Easter sunrise services" are not worshiping the true God. This is a pagan practice. Christians often engage in this because they think Jesus rose at daybreak on Sunday morning. This is false. It is a misreading of Scripture. It flows from an absolute ignorance of Jewish culture and practices. And it's because Christianity has believed the lie that the New Testament was originally written in Greek. It was not.
Go down that rabbit hole, if your dare. And if your true faith is strong enough. You'll find the that the original language was Aramaic. And the true time line was a crucifixion on Wednesday. And a resurrection EXACTLY 3 days and nights later on Saturday evening. Just like Jesus predicted many times and that he said would be the PROOF that He is the true Messiah. If you do not believe those facts, you do not truly believe Jesus is the Messiah.

Deal with the rest of it. Stop with the buffoonery.

I'm not the one who has to answer you. You answer the issue I put forward. You don't seem to understand how this works

Answer the questions. Your material has proven to be abusive, arrogant and totally without merit.

You answer the questions. Stop with your buffoonery.

There was nothing about "convenience". It was a deliberate decision and because of the intense anti-Jewish hatred.

There are several false statements you are making. Passover was NOT celebrated AFTER the vernal equinox at that time. This is specifically pointed out in the 7th Canon of "The Apostolic Canons"

The Jews themselves had messed up their own schedule of when the Passover MUST occur. According to Exodus, Passover MUST occur when there is ripe winter barley for the priest to offer the first sheaf at the Feast of First Fruits. Passover is tied to the ripeness of that harvest - not the Vernal Equinox. The religious leaders tied the start of the first month Nisan to the OBSERVATION of the harvest and the OBSERVATION of the first sliver of crescent moon after the New Moon phase.

After the destruction of the temple, they could no longer perform the required sacrifices so the observation of the harvest was forgotten. However, they did realize that the ripeness of the barley had been around the time of the equinox. This is where the calculated calendar developed by 360 AD by Hillel II. So the Jews of that time celebrated Passover at multiple times. Some before the equinox. Some after it.

The Christian leaders fought among themselves over several of these issues. Without a complete understanding of these issues, you are completely lost as to what was the actual situation.

Unfortunately, your continued assertion that you don't care about things that God says you should care about, makes your comment not worth commenting on. All proof would be useless with a mindset like that.

Those that keep saying that it does not matter when or how God is worshiped - including at Easter - are very much ignorant about how important the matter really is. It did matter in the past. It does matter now. And it will matter well into the future.

It's very evident that no one wants to deal the anti-Jewish sentiment that the change of "Easter" or Passover is based on.

That is the sum total of everything you've argued. We got it. Christians Christianity bad. The Church bad. @eclipseEventSigns and only @eclipseEventSigns is correct.

Anything op-relevant to post beside ad hominem?

To be accurate, I never said any such thing, and it was you who implied God could be worshiped only at certain times without explanation.

You have yet to evidence that.

Prove it.

Completely untrue. That very matter was "dealt with" in Posts 2, 3, 6, 7, and 18 and all that content is what is not being "dealt with."

All of which has all already been addressed.

Well, let's see....

Zechariah 14:16-19
Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them. If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Not a single mention of any "millennial kingdom." No mention of the 21st century, either. Those who call Christ Lord and Savior no longer wander. The Festival of Booths (Sukkot) has nothing to do with Passover. Zech. 14 has nothing to do with this topic. Passover has been fulfilled and so too has Sukkot.

And the next post will ignore all these facts and contain non sequitur and ad hominem.

That is the sum total of everything you've argued. We got it. Christians Christianity bad. The Church bad. @eclipseEventSigns and only @eclipseEventSigns is correct.

Anything op-relevant to post beside ad hominem?
Got anything else but your abusive rhetoric?

The abusive rhetoric is coming from you, E, as usual. You start and propagate it, then complain about it as though you are the victim, an innocent bystander.

Yes, there is nothing abusive or rhetorical about Posts 2, 3, 6, 7, and 18. I have PLENTY.
The abusive rhetoric is coming from you, E, as usual. You start and propagate it, then complain about it as though you are the victim, an innocent bystander.
It's called gaslighting.

Not true at all. If you would actually examine that members total misrepresentation and belittling comments.

Not true at all. If you would actually examine that members total misrepresentation and belittling comments.
They are not belittling. Do you actually think I just said something without examining the posts? If you take them that way, that is on you. They disagree with you and support the position they put forth, show the flaws in yours. If you find that belittling it is the result of arrogance.
All this discussion and false assumptions. Very typical. What is termed "christianity" lost the connection with the true origin that it was birthed out of Jewish culture. The anti-semitism lives on as is evidenced by this entire thread.
That was your first post in this thread, addressed to no one, therefore all who posted before. Arrogance.
A vey typical response from those that have no clue about the actual history of WHY the unbiblical tradition of Good Friday developed.
Your second, to a post that wasn't even addressed to you. Arrogance.
Your third, addressed to know one and by content everyone Christian who celebrates Christ's resurrection on Easter.
Is it being suggested the true God cannot be worshiped Sunday morning at sunrise?

Are there any other days and times when the true God cannot be worshiped?
Your response:
I'm not the one who has to answer you. You answer the issue I put forward. You don't seem to understand how this works
Is it being suggested the true God cannot be worshiped Sunday morning at sunrise?

Your response:
Answer the questions. Your material has proven to be abusive, arrogant and totally without merit.
Question asked again. Your response:

Your first response to me instead of addressing the point of my post. Instead you told me how wrong I was and how right you are. Arrogance.

You took my statements completely out of the context of what it is I don't care about and what it is that doesn't matter, then used scripture to condemn me.

Arrogance and pomposity.

They are not belittling. Do you actually think I just said something without examining the posts? If you take them that way, that is on you. They disagree with you and support the position they put forth, show the flaws in yours. If you find that belittling it is the result of arrogance.
That was your first post in this thread, addressed to no one, therefore all who posted before. Arrogance.
Your second, to a post that wasn't even addressed to you. Arrogance.
Your third, addressed to know one and by content everyone Christian who celebrates Christ's resurrection on Easter.

Your response:

Your response:
Question asked again. Your response:

Your first response to me instead of addressing the point of my post. Instead you told me how wrong I was and how right you are. Arrogance.

You took my statements completely out of the context of what it is I don't care about and what it is that doesn't matter, then used scripture to condemn me.

Arrogance and pomposity.

Back