• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

True Orthodox Judaism

In my neck of the woods, being nailed to a cross is not considered good luck.

How does it work in your neck of the woods?

Strange stuff, here.

Stauros (σταυρός) is a Greek word for a stake. A army stauros is a "LINE" of defense.

The words "cross" and "crucify" are mistranslations, a "later rendering," of the Greek words stauros and stauroo. According to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, STAUROS denotes, primarily, an upright pole or stake. The shape of the two-beamed cross had its origin in ancient Chaldea and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz. In the third century A.D., pagans were received into the apostate ecclesiastical system and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols.

According to The Companion Bible, crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian Sun-god. The evidence is complete; the Lord was put to death upon an upright stake, not on two pieces of timber placed at an angle.

According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, in the Egyptian churches the cross was a pagan symbol of life borrowed by the Christians and interpreted in the pagan manner.

According to Greek dictionaries and lexicons, the primary meaning of stauros is an upright pale, pole, or stake. The secondary meaning of "cross" is admitted to be a "later" rendering. In spite of the evidence, almost all common versions of the Scriptures persist with the Latin Vulgate's crux (meaning cross) as the rendering of the Greek stauros.

The most accepted reason for the "cross" being brought into Messianic worship is Constantine's famous vision of "the cross superimposed on the sun" in A.D. 312. What he saw is nowhere to be found in Scripture. Even after his so-called "conversion," his coins showed an even-armed cross as a symbol for the Sun-god. Many scholars have doubted the "conversion" of Constantine because of the wicked deeds that he did afterwards.

After Constantine had the "vision of the cross," he promoted another variety of the cross, the Chi-Rho or Labarum. This has been explained as representing the first letters of the name Christos (CH and R, or, in Greek, X and P). The identical symbols were found as inscriptions on rock, dating from ca. 2500 B.C., being interpreted as "a combination of the two Sun-symbols." Another proof of its pagan origin is that the identical symbol was found on a coin of Ptolemeus III from 247-222 B.C.

According to An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Traditional Symbols, the labarum was also an emblem of the Chaldean sky-god. Emperor Constantine adopted the labarum as the imperial ensign. According to Dictionary of Mythology Folklore and Symbols, the symbol was in use long before Christianity. Chi probably stood for Great Fire or Sun. Rho probably stood for Pater or Patah (Father). The word labarum yields "everlasting Father Sun."

Make that the pole.Stauros (σταυρός) is a Greek word for a stake. A army stauros is a "LINE" of defense.The words "cross" and "crucify" are mistranslations, a "later rendering," of the Greek words stauros and stauroo. According to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, STAUROS denotes, primarily, an upright pole or stake. The shape of the two-beamed cross had its origin in ancient Chaldea and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz. In the third century A.D., pagans were received into the apostate ecclesiastical system and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols.According to The Companion Bible, crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian Sun-god. The evidence is complete; the Lord was put to death upon an upright stake, not on two pieces of timber placed at an angle.According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, in the Egyptian churches the cross was a pagan symbol of life borrowed by the Christians and interpreted in the pagan manner.According to Greek dictionaries and lexicons, the primary meaning of stauros is an upright pale, pole, or stake. The secondary meaning of "cross" is admitted to be a "later" rendering. In spite of the evidence, almost all common versions of the Scriptures persist with the Latin Vulgate's crux (meaning cross) as the rendering of the Greek stauros.The most accepted reason for the "cross" being brought into Messianic worship is Constantine's famous vision of "the cross superimposed on the sun" in A.D. 312. What he saw is nowhere to be found in Scripture. Even after his so-called "conversion," his coins showed an even-armed cross as a symbol for the Sun-god. Many scholars have doubted the "conversion" of Constantine because of the wicked deeds that he did afterwards.After Constantine had the "vision of the cross," he promoted another variety of the cross, the Chi-Rho or Labarum. This has been explained as representing the first letters of the name Christos (CH and R, or, in Greek, X and P). The identical symbols were found as inscriptions on rock, dating from ca. 2500 B.C., being interpreted as "a combination of the two Sun-symbols." Another proof of its pagan origin is that the identical symbol was found on a coin of Ptolemeus III from 247-222 B.C.According to An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Traditional Symbols, the labarum was also an emblem of the Chaldean sky-god. Emperor Constantine adopted the labarum as the imperial ensign. According to Dictionary of Mythology Folklore and Symbols, the symbol was in use long before Christianity. Chi probably stood for Great Fire or Sun. Rho probably stood for Pater or Patah (Father). The word labarum yields "everlasting Father Sun.
Non-responsive to my question.
The subject is not about Moses staff.
Make that the pole.

Last edited:
Non-responsive to my question.

Make that the pole.
I did not say: "Make that the pole."

STAUROS means, an upright pole or stake.
The word "cross" was introduced into scriptures; before then the word stauros meant stake or pole only. Dictionaries were redefined to please the Catholics.

Here is what a labarum looks like.

1694369225920.png

Roman building with statue.

1694369861740.png

I did not say: "Make that the pole."

STAUROS means, an upright pole or stake.
The word "cross" was introduced into scriptures; before then the word stauros meant stake or pole only. Dictionaries were redefined to please the Catholics.

Here is what a labarum looks like.

View attachment 594

Roman building with statue.

View attachment 595
The Scripture referred to in Gal 3:13 which Christ fulfilled by becoming a curse for us is Dt 21:23: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree," meaning those impaled on a stick, pole, etc. The issue is wood.

And a cross is simply a pole or stake with a cross bar, on which Jesus was impaled.

The Scripture referred to in Gal 3:13 which Christ fulfilled by becoming a curse for us is Dt 21:23: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree," meaning those impaled on a stick, pole, etc. The issue is wood.

And a cross is simply a pole or stake with a cross bar, on which Jesus was impaled.
Have a nice day.

True Orthodox Judaism.
The defining difference in Orthodox Judaism is that they do not join to Hellenism, Kabbalah, Mysticism, Paganism, or Gnosticism; otherwise they would be a synagogue of Satan.

Hosea 7:8
Ephraim mixes with the nations; Ephraim is a flat loaf not turned over.

Hosea 11:12
Ephraim has surrounded me with lies, Israel with deceit. And Judah is unruly against God, even against the faithful holy one.

Isaiah 2:6
You, Lord, have abandoned your people, the descendants of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and embrace pagan customs.

Revelation 2:9
I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant

Zechariah 11:7-11. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant.

Zechariah 11
7 So I pastured the flock marked for slaughter, particularly the oppressed of the flock. Then I took two staffs and called one Favor and the other Union, and I pastured the flock.
8 In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.
The flock detested me, and I grew weary of them 9 and said, "I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh."
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.
11 It was revoked on that day, and so the afflicted of the flock who were watching me knew it was The Word [Yahshua] of [the Lord / Yahwah.]

The Sanhedrin
(Hebrew and Aramaic: סנהדרין; Greek: Συνέδριον, synedrion, "sitting together," hence "assembly" or "council") was an assembly of twenty-three or seventy-one rabbis appointed to sit as a tribunal in every city in the ancient Land of Israel.

The Sadducees were members of a Jewish sect founded in the second century BC, possibly as a political party. They ceased to exist sometime after the first century AD.

The Pharisee were founded in 167 BC, they were a ("separatist") party that emerged largely out of a group of scribes and sages. Their name comes from the Hebrew and Aramaic parush or parushi, which means "one who is separated.

Thus the Three Shepherds: Sanhedrin, Sadducees, and Pharisees.
Just curious, do you need to believe in Yeshua (Jesus) to be considered of this brand of Judaism? Are you saying Judaism with all its practices- animal sacrifice and Levitical priesthood with its many kosher laws is the teaching of the order of Melchizedek and is Messianic/Christian - anointed of the anointed One -doctrine? Lastly, who are the Judaizers? Thanks.

Stauros (σταυρός) is a Greek word for a stake. A army stauros is a "LINE" of defense.

The words "cross" and "crucify" are mistranslations, a "later rendering," of the Greek words stauros and stauroo. According to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, STAUROS denotes, primarily, an upright pole or stake. The shape of the two-beamed cross had its origin in ancient Chaldea and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz. In the third century A.D., pagans were received into the apostate ecclesiastical system and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols.

According to The Companion Bible, crosses were used as symbols of the Babylonian Sun-god. The evidence is complete; the Lord was put to death upon an upright stake, not on two pieces of timber placed at an angle.

According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, in the Egyptian churches the cross was a pagan symbol of life borrowed by the Christians and interpreted in the pagan manner.

According to Greek dictionaries and lexicons, the primary meaning of stauros is an upright pale, pole, or stake. The secondary meaning of "cross" is admitted to be a "later" rendering. In spite of the evidence, almost all common versions of the Scriptures persist with the Latin Vulgate's crux (meaning cross) as the rendering of the Greek stauros.

The most accepted reason for the "cross" being brought into Messianic worship is Constantine's famous vision of "the cross superimposed on the sun" in A.D. 312. What he saw is nowhere to be found in Scripture. Even after his so-called "conversion," his coins showed an even-armed cross as a symbol for the Sun-god. Many scholars have doubted the "conversion" of Constantine because of the wicked deeds that he did afterwards.

After Constantine had the "vision of the cross," he promoted another variety of the cross, the Chi-Rho or Labarum. This has been explained as representing the first letters of the name Christos (CH and R, or, in Greek, X and P). The identical symbols were found as inscriptions on rock, dating from ca. 2500 B.C., being interpreted as "a combination of the two Sun-symbols." Another proof of its pagan origin is that the identical symbol was found on a coin of Ptolemeus III from 247-222 B.C.

According to An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Traditional Symbols, the labarum was also an emblem of the Chaldean sky-god. Emperor Constantine adopted the labarum as the imperial ensign. According to Dictionary of Mythology Folklore and Symbols, the symbol was in use long before Christianity. Chi probably stood for Great Fire or Sun. Rho probably stood for Pater or Patah (Father). The word labarum yields "everlasting Father Sun."
This is all reinvention of the word stauros. A stauros can mean all of the above because it was used in antiquity to refer to impaling. It doesn't matter how the stake was made. Like words today, some have a plural meaning in form depending on what the user of the word is referring to.
If you spoke to an ancient Greek, you knew stauros simply meant impalement in whatever form that took and could include a cross bar. You are reinventing things to suit the synagogue of satan. If you can discredit anything you consider to be static Catholic, you can then put doubt in people's minds about any truth upheld by that denomination. The Roman Catholic Church has especially been in the crosshairs of the synagogue of satan for burning their Talmud and placing them in ghettos during the so called "Holy" Roman empire reign. However, it is not the static Catholic belief you are coming after, but a universal ( the nature of the word in Greek- one mindedness) consensus amongst all ancient and present-day believers that Christ was impaled on a cross bar. Your rendering of the word stauros is a misrepresentation, it actually means to impale. Period.

And what does it matter, it matters because you not only go after Roman Catholics ( which seems your venom is most directed) but all. Protestants not so much because crucifixes are not their thing. You see the depiction of Christ's crucifixion among much older churches that were directly grafted in by way of an apostle. Crucifixes are a thing and why not? The crucifixion actually happened. It was brutal but the crucifix also represents VICTORY!

The synagogue of satan loves the attack on these Queen denominations because with it, many important Christian beliefs can be destroyed. Don't get me wrong, there are some obvious mistakes among denominations especially given their length in existence. However, they are always perpetrated from the wolves which rise up among the true believers. They do not even spare the actual flock.

This kind of stuff with all the double speak and play on words and meanings, destroys the essence of Christianity. Obviously not destroyed for people like me, that look at the history of Christianity and the many churches and branches through impartiality. I have the luxury of being able to see things in hindsight and simply glean through and keep what is considered to be mainstays for the new season coming. I can do that because I can recognize Christ's voice in men and women throughout the ages.

I will call your works clever, but irrelevant and it does a great disservice to Christianity as a whole. It is too inflexible very Law and no love, deceit and trickery and very much Judaizer like in delivery.

In ancient Greek stauros meant either an "upright pale or stake", a "cross, as the instrument of crucifixion", or a "pale for impaling a corpse"
it also was used to mean to straighten up in etymology. People would have used the word when hammering in fence poles too. The point is, it can be any type of pole for impaling.

True Orthodox Judaism.
The defining difference in Orthodox Judaism is that they do not join to Hellenism, Kabbalah, Mysticism, Paganism, or Gnosticism; otherwise they would be a synagogue of Satan.

Hosea 7:8
Ephraim mixes with the nations; Ephraim is a flat loaf not turned over.

Hosea 11:12
Ephraim has surrounded me with lies, Israel with deceit. And Judah is unruly against God, even against the faithful holy one.

Isaiah 2:6
You, Lord, have abandoned your people, the descendants of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and embrace pagan customs.

I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant

Zechariah 11:7-11. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant.

Zechariah 11
7 So I pastured the flock marked for slaughter, particularly the oppressed of the flock. Then I took two staffs and called one Favor and the other Union, and I pastured the flock.
8 In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.
The flock detested me, and I grew weary of them 9 and said, "I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh."
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.
11 It was revoked on that day, and so the afflicted of the flock who were watching me knew it was The Word [Yahshua] of [the Lord / Yahwah.]

The Sanhedrin
(Hebrew and Aramaic: סנהדרין; Greek: Συνέδριον, synedrion, "sitting together," hence "assembly" or "council") was an assembly of twenty-three or seventy-one rabbis appointed to sit as a tribunal in every city in the ancient Land of Israel.

The Sadducees were members of a Jewish sect founded in the second century BC, possibly as a political party. They ceased to exist sometime after the first century AD.

The Pharisee were founded in 167 BC, they were a ("separatist") party that emerged largely out of a group of scribes and sages. Their name comes from the Hebrew and Aramaic parush or parushi, which means "one who is separated.

Thus the Three Shepherds: Sanhedrin, Sadducees, and Pharisees.
I think you should study whether the word "synagogue" (of Satan) is the correct translation for the word.
It isn't.

I think you should study whether the word "synagogue" (of Satan) is the correct translation for the word.
It isn't.

Greek meaning of σατανα

Strong's Concordance

Satanas: the adversary, Satan, i.e. the devil
Original Word: Σατανᾶς, ᾶ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: Satanas
Phonetic Spelling: (sat-an-as')
Definition: the adversary, Satan, the devil
Usage: an adversary, Satan.

I suppose it could be translated as a synagogue of adversaries.
Strong's Concordance

sunagógé: a bringing together, by ext. an assembling, hence a synagogue
Original Word: συναγωγή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: sunagógé
Phonetic Spelling: (soon-ag-o-gay')
Definition: a bringing together, an assembling, a synagogue
Usage: an assembly, congregation, synagogue, either the place or the people gathered together in the place.

The Greek word translated “synagogue” literally means “an assembly.” The word Satan means “adversary.” So, John was told that the believers in Smyrna and Philadelphia would suffer persecution from “an assembly of the adversary”—literally, “a gathering of Satan.”

The phrase does not mean that Jewish people are satanic or devil worshipers. It means only that Jewish people in Smyrna and Philadelphia persecuted Jewish Christians who accepted their Messiah. They did not comprehend the message of God’s grace as revealed to the fledgling Jewish church. This was so because they were being prejudiced by their teachers and being uninformed, were encouraged to oppose the early Christians, the majority of whom were Jewish.

These two verses (2:9; 3:9) have led to much anti-Semitism down through the centuries. Some Gentiles (including some Christians) have used them to deny the Jewish heritage of Christianity and even go so far as to deny that Jesus Himself was Jewish. However, such people do so because of personal prejudice, blind hatred, and ignorance concerning whom the Bible is identifying in these two verses.

There is not much difference between the unbelieving Jewish people in Revelation and the unbelieving Saul of Tarsus, who persecuted the church unto death (Acts 9:1–2; 22:20). Saul, in his unregenerate state, thought “the Way,” meaning the early Jewish church, was wrong and contrary to Judaism. So, he attacked it, murdered, and sought to destroy it.

Take note:

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:9.

The KJV translators may have been biased against Jews for their treatment of Jesus. But the fact is that these say they are Jews BUT THEY ARE NOT. They are an assembly or gathering of [your] adversary.

The Greek word translated “synagogue” literally means “an assembly.” The word Satan means “adversary.” So, John was told that the believers in Smyrna and Philadelphia would suffer persecution from “an assembly of the adversary”—literally, “a gathering of Satan.”

The phrase does not mean that Jewish people are satanic or devil worshipers. It means only that Jewish people in Smyrna and Philadelphia persecuted Jewish Christians who accepted their Messiah. They did not comprehend the message of God’s grace as revealed to the fledgling Jewish church. This was so because they were being prejudiced by their teachers and being uninformed, were encouraged to oppose the early Christians, the majority of whom were Jewish.

These two verses (2:9; 3:9) have led to much anti-Semitism down through the centuries. Some Gentiles (including some Christians) have used them to deny the Jewish heritage of Christianity and even go so far as to deny that Jesus Himself was Jewish. However, such people do so because of personal prejudice, blind hatred, and ignorance concerning whom the Bible is identifying in these two verses.

There is not much difference between the unbelieving Jewish people in Revelation and the unbelieving Saul of Tarsus, who persecuted the church unto death (Acts 9:1–2; 22:20). Saul, in his unregenerate state, thought “the Way,” meaning the early Jewish church, was wrong and contrary to Judaism. So, he attacked it, murdered, and sought to destroy it.

Take note:

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:9.

The KJV translators may have been biased against Jews for their treatment of Jesus. But the fact is that these say they are Jews BUT THEY ARE NOT. They are an assembly or gathering of [your] adversary.

The Greek word ekklésia means assembly or congregation.
Strong's Concordance

ekklésia: an assembly, a (religious) congregation​
Original Word: ἐκκλησία, ας, ἡ
Transliteration: ekklésia
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-klay-see'-ah)
Definition: an assembly, a (religious) congregation
Usage: an assembly, congregation, church; the Church, the whole body of Christian believers.

Strong's Concordance

Usage: an assembly, congregation, church; the Church, the whole body of Christian believers.
I know that but "ekklesia" is not in Rev. 2:9. The Greek word is "synagogue", and it merely means "assemblage of persons.

Jesus should know. These fake Jews claim to be Jews, but they are NOT Jews and Jesus should know. So, here's where you get to use your grey matter. If they are NOT Jews, how can they be of a Jewish synagogue (assemblage) as the KJV translators would want us to think by using "synagogue"?
So, there is no such thing as a synagogue of the devil or Lucifer since all the angels that sinned are locked up. Therefore, the word translated "Satan" must be an adjective describing as "adversary" not the fallen angel.

Strong's Concordance

I know that but "ekklesia" is not in Rev. 2:9. The Greek word is "synagogue", and it merely means "assemblage of persons.

Jesus should know. These fake Jews claim to be Jews, but they are NOT Jews and Jesus should know. So, here's where you get to use your grey matter. If they are NOT Jews, how can they be of a Jewish synagogue (assemblage) as the KJV translators would want us to think by using "synagogue"?
So, there is no such thing as a synagogue of the devil or Lucifer since all the angels that sinned are locked up. Therefore, the word translated "Satan" must be an adjective describing as "adversary" not the fallen angel.
Ok. Since you all think you know Greek so well, maybe you can answer this for me. Why in only two letters is there a distinction between what is referred to as the synagogue of satan beit knesset ( Hebrew) in Aramaic (knista)of the adversary, and the rest of the church dealing with this knesset? I'm asking because you both seem to be blurring the lines. How would you bridge the gap? Also, just following your lead, we know, any mention of the adversary means satan unless you know of someone else with that label?

Let's say I am a new student under your tutelage, how would I understand the phonetics that would allow me to know and distinguish between these two assemblies in the two letters addressing an adversarial group? You both in essence deny any distinctions between 'assembly' of satan and assembly of Christ, in those letters. What word equivalents do you think are needed for translation to English, or to Latin from the Greek? Christ spoke Aramaic which is simply a Hebrew/Greek mashup due to cultural intwining over time. But the NT was written in plain Greek. So, what are the two letters saying?

Obviously when interpreting or looking for a word equivalent from one language to another, you have to use the word which best fits the word translated. I am only saying that because you seem to be blurring the lines making no distinction between assembly of believers and those who are of the adversary-satan. What, in the Greek allows for the distinction? And news flash satan is not locked up! You would think all the crazy in the world would be indicative of that fact. Lastly, what constitutes a real Jew? Thank you.

Back