• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Perverted Gospel!

donadams

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The Perverted Gospel!

(Fundamentalist Tradition)

“Accept Christ as your personal lord and savior, there is nothing more you need to do”!

I am saved, I have received Christ, His atoning blood washed all my sins clean, I will not do anything more!

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Matt 26:41

I’m saved, I will not do anything more!

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Lk 9:23

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Matt 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Matt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Thy will be done, behold I come to do Thy will: Matt 21:28-31

Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Matt 19:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Romans 13:9
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

“For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;”
Phil 1:29

Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mk 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Pride, presumption, & arrogance? Yes

Humility, meekness, & obedience?
N E V E R!

The Perverted Gospel!

“Accept Christ as your personal lord and savior, there is nothing more you need to do”!

I am saved, I have received Christ, His atoning blood washed all my sins clean, I will not do anything more!

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Lk 9:23

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Matt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 19:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

“For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;”

Mk 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

N E V E R!

Hi that's one way I would offer another called the way as it is writen.

The Perverted Gospel!

The oral traditions of dying fathers that tried to prove all things written in the law and the prophet (sola scriptura) was a heresy .(Acts 24)

They worshiped a legion of father as if they made up the one unseen Holy Father. Refusing to obey the loving commandment. Calling dying mankind on earth Holy Father, Holy See, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Prince of the apostles with many titles of false fame

Paul worshiped the one God of the fathers not the legion of father as gods. . some cal patron saints

Will you obey the living loving comment?

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Hi that's one way I would offer another called the way as it is writen.

The Perverted Gospel!

The oral traditions of dying fathers that tried to prove all things written in the law and the prophet (sola scriptura) was a heresy .(Acts 24)

They worshiped a legion of father as if they made up the one unseen Holy Father. Refusing to obey the loving commandment. Calling dying mankind on earth Holy Father, Holy See, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Prince of the apostles with many titles of false fame

Paul worshiped the one God of the fathers not the legion of father as gods. . some cal patron saints

Will you obey the living loving comment?

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Are we required to be taught by the apostolic Church?

Are we required to be taught by the apostolic Church?

We are required to be taught be the invisible head God, our Holy Father. He warns of those false apostles who say we do need dying mankind to teach us .

All churches sects utilize messengers sent with the gospel called apostles, sent ones. How beatiful are their feet.

Are we required to be taught of God?

The Perverted Gospel!

N E V E R!
Indeed, our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty for our sin while we continued to live in sin, so there must also be an aspect of our salvation that we are experiencing in the present by obeying God's law. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so it is not the case that we are required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and it is not the case that we are required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us to do those works is the content of His gift of saving from not doing those works that we are experiencing in the present.

The Perverted Gospel!

Where does scripture teach we just have to accept Christ as personal Lord and Savior?

You wont hear a Calvinist say such a thing.

We are required to be taught be the invisible head God, our Holy Father. He warns of those false apostles who say we do need dying mankind to teach us .

All churches sects utilize messengers sent with the gospel called apostles, sent ones. How beatiful are their feet.

We are required to define the word apostle using the Bible, all things written in the law and prophets, sola scriptura.

We are warned of those that change a meaning of one word (singular )it can change all the commandments (plural _.

Deuteronomy 4: 2 Ye shall not add unto the word (singular)which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(singular) that ye may keep the commandments (plural )of the Lord your God which I command you

Are Catholic subject to the warning above?

Those who followed a law of the fathers as oral tradition of dying mankind, are shown of the error venerating themselves up a above the author of God (sola scriptura)

Same ones that say they are the canon assemblers claiming without them we would have no Bible.

1 Corinthians 4:5-7King James Version.And these things, brethren, I have in a figure(parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us (apostles ) not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Abel, the first prophet sent with a message from God as a apostle (sent one) First listed apostle as a martyr. His blood like that of all prophets cries out in a hope of receiving the new incorruptible body.

The Perverted Gospel!

Well 86, I've heard this type of argument before. Some call it easy Christianism.

One might claim to be an electrician...but if they don't demonstrate it by hooking up lights, outlets and stuff are they really an electrician?

Now saying that it is possible to be a Christian and "do little".

1 Cor 3 has this to say.....10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— 13 each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

If you don't "do" as a Christian....then you don't have much built upon the foundation. All you did will be burnt and your rewards will be very little......though that Christian will still be saved...but barely.

1 Cor 3 is know as the Bema Seat Judgement.

The Perverted Gospel!

Christ did not do enough to satisfy the just commandment of the father. . the fullness of grace the complete cost of Salvation ?

Do we receive a remnant unknown or again the fullness of grace?The whole cost of salvation

Saved no need to do anything else ?. What about purgatory suffering and wondering, wondering.

The perverted gospel and eternal security!

If God grants irresistible grace to the justified; then we could not sin, we have perpetual perseverance, but if that were true we would not have free will, we could not choose to love God and do His will!

Sin requires free will, we must know it is wrong and still choose to do it!

This concept renders many scriptures meaningless!

Matt 7:14 must choose between the wide or narrow gate, road.

Matt 7:23 must choose acts of righteousness.

Matt 11:29 1 cor 13:2 Deut. 6:4 must choose virtue and love of God.

Matt 24:42 must choose to be prepared.

Jn 15:4 must choose to abide in or reject Christ.

Mk 13:12 & Matt 24:13 must choose to But endure unto the end to be saved.

Phil 1:29, col 1:24, must choose to believe and suffer for Christ’s sake.

Matt 26:41 must choose Watch & Pray to avoid sin, cos we cannot persevere without God’s help.

Jn 3:16 Heb 10:39 must choose to believe and continue in a state of faith.

Th

en explain Matt 28:19-20 and acts 1:2-8 and acts 2:42

Th

Thanks I will try.

Mathew 28: 19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

What are they teaching other than the word of God (sola scriptura)the gospel of salvation? Could false apostles use the same verse?

Acts 2: 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

The apostles doctrine is the living word of God (sola scriptura)

How beautiful are their feet that bring the gospel of salvation as it is writen

Not their own private interpretation called a heresy as a law of the Legion of fathers. . oral traditions of dying mankind

Th

Indeed, our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty for our sin while we continued to live in sin, so there must also be an aspect of our salvation that we are experiencing in the present by obeying God's law. In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so it is not the case that we are required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result and it is not the case that we are required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather God graciously teaching us to do those works is the content of His gift of saving from not doing those works that we are experiencing in the present.
ive never understood that:

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Matt 5:7 blessed are the merciful they shall receive mercy.

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I Never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Please explain?

Thks

Also please reply to this

If God grants irresistible grace to the justified; then we could not sin, we have perpetual perseverance, but if that were true we would not have free will, we could not choose to love God and do His will!

Sin requires free will, we must know it is wrong and still choose to do it!

This concept renders many scriptures meaningless!

Matt 7:14 must choose between the wide or narrow gate, road.

Matt 7:23 must choose acts of righteousness.

Matt 11:29 1 cor 13:2 Deut. 6:4 must choose virtue and love of God.

Matt 24:42 must choose to be prepared.

Jn 15:4 must choose to abide in or reject Christ.

Mk 13:12 & Matt 24:13 must choose to But endure unto the end to be saved.

Phil 1:29, col 1:24, must choose to believe and suffer for Christ’s sake.

Matt 26:41 must choose Watch & Pray to avoid sin, cos we cannot persevere without God’s help.

Jn 3:16 Heb 10:39 must choose to believe and continue in a state of faith.

Where does scripture teach we just have to accept Christ as personal Lord and Savior?

All the self-appointed preachers say it, bully graham etc.

Still with scripture alone?
Acts 2:42

Christ did not do enough to satisfy the just commandment of the father. . the fullness of grace the complete cost of Salvation ?

Do we receive a remnant unknown or again the fullness of grace?The whole cost of salvation

Saved no need to do anything else ?. What about purgatory suffering and wondering, wondering.
We need unseen God’s help and grace to do his will

Thanks I will try.

Mathew 28: 19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

What are they teaching other than the word of God (sola scriptura)the gospel of salvation? Could false apostles use the same verse?

Acts 2: 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

The apostles doctrine is the living word of God (sola scriptura)

How beautiful are their feet that bring the gospel of salvation as it is writen

Not their own private interpretation called a heresy as a law of the Legion of fathers. . oral traditions of dying mankind
So they have the authority! Jn 20:21

Not what Jesus said:

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I Never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those who sin!

Thks
YES!!! Jesus NEVER knew them....they were NEVER saved. If they were saved Jesus would have known them.

Back