• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Apostles Creed Missing Ingredient?

prism

Asleep in the boat Lu 8:23-24
Reaction score
Faith
Berean (Acts 17:11)
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Leans Right
The Apostles Creed is a fine summary of the basics of our faith.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?

he descended to hell.
He ascended to heaven

the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,

The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?
Christ left us The Church... The Church preceded the NT writings

he descended to hell.
He ascended to heaven

the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,

Exactly. I would offer I think the main problem is the use word apostolic some use as if truth comes from the feet of dying apostles as sent messengers rather than by what they are sent with the living words of the message sent from the unseen head, Christ .

Sort of like stage coach robbers . . . . robbing the messages (mail) Or given a understanding coming one local malmail 's word he writes , as if he was Christ . Like Charles Mansion for neighborhood mail man or Jim Jones . Sent one. . . not highly venerable ones

Killing the messengers (apostles) does not make the messages void.

Its one of those Greek words that should of been given the English translation (sent messenger) not highly venerable puffed up ones.

A wile of the devil, the seed snatcher taking away our invisible head that works in all believer . Faith does come from the believers as sent ones they are powerless of thier own self .Yoked with Emanuel the daily burden can be lighter with a hope beyond the grave

No such thing as apostolic succession , apostolic church, apostolic time period , apostolic whatsoever .

Using Apostle as a fake word. The unbelievers ,changed adding new meaning) from "sent ones" to Highly Venerable, Puffed Ones". Ones that lord it over the understanding (faith) of the non-venerable pew warmers or show watchers . . . taking away the authority of sola scriptura ,the living abiding sword of the Spirit . attempting to take away the promises of Emmanuel to work in us with us . . .all the days of life. . .nothing could move that promise

In that way one fake word apostle (changed meaning) can cause much confusion violating the law not to add or subtract from the whole.

One fake word can change all the loving commandments. same kind of warning at the end of the book of prophecy the Bible both as two witnesses working as one perfect t protect the whole from I call spiritual; plagiarism . Revelation remains the last chapter or book.

The law of the Holy Spirit protecting the integrity of his living word from what I would call spiritual plagiarism . The father of lies . "surely you will not die look at my beatify and live forever " therefore adding to the word (sola scriptura) mankind died

Deuteronomy 4King James Version Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word (single) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(single) that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.

John 14: 25-26 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The integrity of the living word it defends us lovingly warning us of those what say we do need dying venerated mankind to teach as if his living word has no power to perform its living promises .

Believer should be careful how we hear ,what we hear ,who we hear many false apostles false prophets today

Christ left us The Church... The Church preceded the NT writings
The NT writings are meaningless without the OT writings...which came first and is the base of the NT. I'm not sure if any would have recognized the Son of God's coming without the OT.
The Church came after Christ Mt 16:18 (I will build my Church-future tense)

Last edited:
The NT writings are meaningless without the OT writings...which came first and is the base of the NT. I'm not sure if any would have recognized the Son of God's coming without the OT.
The Church came after Christ Mt 16:18 (I will build my Church-future tense)
I disagree the church came after Christ. I believe the OT was the church in it's infancy.

I disagree the church came after Christ. I believe the OT was the church in it's infancy.
I realize that is the standard Reformed view, but how does one explain the 'future' part of?..

Matthew 16:18 NKJV
And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

explained in...

Ephesians 2:15 NKJV
having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
Ephesians 3:6 NKJV
that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
Ephesians 3:9 NKJV
and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

I realize that is the standard Reformed view, but how does one explain the 'future' part of?..

And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

explained in...

having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
I would offer. I will build . . . .as in continuing.

The time of reformation restored the church to the period of Judges male and female prophets from all the nations of the world sent out as apostles with the gospel.

Seth the second born is used to represent the spiritual seed(one) Christ , the seed of our second birth passed down from one generation to another ending with the birth of jesus the Son of man Cain murdered Abel the first recorded martyr,

Genesis the first mention of the building of the church the spiritual house of God .

He restored, is restoring the foundation of the church just as propmised

Acts 2:15-17King James Version15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;1 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The whole time period there were Kings in Israel a Pagan foundation there was no new prophecy from all the nation and no female prophets during that time. The gospel explosion.

That's self explanatory, isnt it?
explained in...

Christ ushered in the new covenant. A new way, a better way.
Not getting your question here.
Not getting your question here either. Sorry

Anyways back to the OP..."The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?"

(I'm not sure how we got off on the Church and whether it was going on through the OT.)

explained in...

Build my church is a continuation .It began in Genesis with Abel

Build my church is a continuation .It began in Genesis with Abel
I could just as easily say, 'upon this rock, I will build...', is a starting point..to say it is a continuation proves nothing.

AMEN!

AMEN!
Did you study that verse or the one before it as two working as one ? Or are you trussing the Pope?

Is here a difference between trusting the Pope seen and our invisible head ? Our Holy Father . ?

What does the it that the gates of hell could never prevails against? its the key that unlock the context of that chapter as to the conclusion.

Matthew 16:17-18King James Version1 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Do you understand it ? Seems you are confused by it? What di peter our brother in the Lord think it meant?

Figure out the it mystery solved the parable

Why did the unseen Holy Father give words to the Son of man Jesus to rebuke the god of this world ?.

Our Holy Father rebuked Satan and commanded him to get behind or support eternal God not dying flesh and blood Peter as if God was a Jewish man as King of kings

Mathew 16: 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.. . . . . . . . .(Men Like Popes)

Why do you think Peter our brother in the Lord chased after and venerated the things of dying mankind Again why cherry pick and say you understand ? Whats the hope in that?

WILL build my church.... IT [The Church]
The language is to continue to build .

Did it begin with Abel the first martyr ?

Where does Abel fit into the 3500 and rising patron saints registry ?

I could just as easily say, 'upon this rock, I will build...', is a starting point..to say it is a continuation proves nothing.

If you take the chapter out of context then you can make Peter Lord God of the heaven and earth and have him rebuke God and forbid the Son of man Jesus from doing the will of the invisible Father .

The whole thing .Dying mankind called Popes as infalible interpreter make no biblical sense whatsoever.

God is not a Jewish man as King of kings

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

The propmised reformation came (sola scriptura) and restored the govervemnt of Christ reigning from heaven Not from Rome

We already know the starting point of the bride of Christ Abel he first apostle .His blood like all the blood of born again saints cries out in hope of the promised new incorruptible bodies.

Matthew 23:35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Luke 11:51From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation

If you take the chapter out of context then you can make Peter Lord God of the heaven and earth and have him rebuke God and forbid the Son of man Jesus from doing the will of the invisible Father .

The whole thing .Dying mankind called Popes as infalible interpreter make no biblical sense whatsoever.

God is not a Jewish man as King of kings

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

The propmised reformation came (sola scriptura) and restored the govervemnt of Christ reigning from heaven Not from Rome

We already know the starting point of the bride of Christ Abel he first apostle .His blood like all the blood of born again saints cries out in hope of the promised new incorruptible bodies.

Matthew 23:35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Luke 11:51From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation
Here is my main point in this thread. (from the OP)...

"The main problem I see with the Creed is that it leaves out a statement concerning the very foundation upon which the Creed is based on...the Scriptures themselves! Thoughts?"

Are we capable of staying on topic?

Yes -- 'whatever you bind....'

Is it so difficult to be obedient to Christ's One True Church?
Genuine Christians are obedient to Christ (in general). The "Church" (universal) is simply the totality of genuine Christians; although, "church" is a poor translation and it should generally be "assembly" or "congregation". It normally refers to a local congregation, not the totality of believers.

Re. the OP: the Apostles' Creed would indeed benefit from a statement about the Scriptures, since they are God-breathed and our inerrant authority for all matters moral and spiritual.

Back