• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Signs & Miracles that are false duplications?

Many years ago, there was a fellow in my church who would go off in "Tongues" regular as clockwork every service. AND his utteranced were all THE SAME - same length, same "words" rolled around in the same sequence. and the interpretations were all different. SO I wrote him off as being a phony.

UNTIL I was burdened to interpret one of his utterances. It was the first time I was ever burdened to interpret a tongue. And I learned not to be so judgemental.
Well???? What did he say? (just curious)

Well???? What did he say? (just curious)
As I recall (from 45 years ago), the Interpretation was an exhortation not to limit ourselves with only what we knew was within our experience, because God can and will use us well beyond our perception of our own abilities.

The other thing that I learned was that the Interpretation wasn't necessarily related to the "Tongue", which in some cases was only a "trumpet sound as it were, to get our attention. God's not a "one trick Pony", and how He uses us in giftings isn't controlled by our "theology" about them. WHen "theologians" try to get God into their little "boxes", He often just kicks the ends out, and does what He pleases.

There are cases where a KNOWN language was spoken, AND An Interpretation was spoken which matched the understanding of folks who understood the "tongue" naturally.

For the most part we can have somewhat of an understanding of what the "mark" is...will be. When it occurs it should be pretty clear.

But as Christians we don't have to really worry about the mark as we'll be raptured prior to the one world government, economy and religion is set up.
Well you need it soon as it looks like they have all those parts...

Any that are not done in the holy & powerful name of Jesus!

For a starting point lets go over how to distinguish true from false gifts, and start with scripture. Since the true gifts are from God, they will:
1. Agree with scripture.
2. Produce the gifts of the spirit.
3. Lead people to a closer walk with God.
This is a good summary. We can add good effect on the body.

The devil never healed anyone.

Sometimes it's not the miracle that is the problem, but the one with faith for miracles from God. It goes to the head, and becomes more about themselves than God.

Mat 7:22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Rev 13:14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Being thankful to God for miracles is good, but becoming fixated on them is the downfall from faith in God, to faith by miracles.

If you cannot discern what are true signs and miracles, you are not true Jesus' followers.

It is not so hard to discern if you have been devoted to God and Jesus wholeheartedly.

there are many false miracle workers in the world.

The mark or sign, shows whose authority you follow, God or that of man...

Hi I would offer.

There is a differnce in the use of the word sign and mark.. Satan the King of lying signs to wonder after, its seems would have it be all one in the same. A "sign wonder" a sign to wonder after rather than prophecy

No signs were given except the fulfilment of the prohecy of Jonas three days and nights demonstration of the lamb who was slain during the 6 days the Holy Father did work

The three day and night demonstration is used over and over as a warning to believers who follow prophecy (the elect who not be deceived) when approached by one that does seek after lying wonders .

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 12:41The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Matthew 16:4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Luke 11:29And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Believers have prophecy to the end of time . We are warned not to add or substract. There is nothing missing by which we could known our Holy father more intimately or adequately. We have the perfect till the end of time under the Sun

Satan the king of lying signs to wonder, wonders, wonder after (not believe). His only voice (like purgatory) a lying wonder would have mankind believe the 7 seals were broke and a new opportunities to add . . . . the sky is the limit. . just imagine.

Lucifer tried to pull one of at the beginning of the ministry of the Holy Father and Son ,(Mathew 4)

The liar showed Jesus all the lying wonders and all there false glory.

The Holy Father Christ gave words to his apostle Jesus three times as it is written (sola scriptura) struck him out. He never saw the faith as it is written ball coming . .

Signs as lying wonders on the rise . . a Geyser, explosion.. In need of a gospel explosion.

It is why I think when Jesus spoke with Nicodenmus one that did seek after signs to wonder after. . Those who made Jesus into a circus seal .
Do a trick create a miracle then when we see it with our own eyes maybe we will believe for five minutes.

John 4:48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

In respect to the greatest possible miracle (born again) .He lovingly commanded Nicodenmus to "marvel not." . . the seed snatcher can snatch and replace it a false hope in wondering, sufferings wondering ,wondering ?

Prophecy revealing the unseen things of God for the believers. Signs to wonder after for the unbeliever

Dead faith .Let there be and more wondering came ??????

Back