• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Signs & Miracles that are false duplications?

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
How do we sift through all the things that we are seeing as Christ says affliction, violence, false christs and false signs, and wonders so deceptive that even the elect were in danger of being deceived.

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 8:9
But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

For a starting point lets go over how to distinguish true from false gifts, and start with scripture. Since the true gifts are from God, they will:
1. Agree with scripture.
2. Produce the gifts of the spirit.
3. Lead people to a closer walk with God.

It is easy to claim false gifts if one is not firmly grounded in scripture, we also see true gifts and they will be dispensed as God sees fit for the furtherance of the work, not as many say they have. So how can we test whether the Signs & Miracles are true or evils false duplications?

How do we sift through all the things that we are seeing as Christ says affliction, violence, false christs and false signs, and wonders so deceptive that even the elect were in danger of being deceived.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

For a starting point lets go over how to distinguish true from false gifts, and start with scripture. Since the true gifts are from God, they will:
1. Agree with scripture.

It is easy to claim false gifts if one is not firmly grounded in scripture, we also see true gifts and they will be dispensed as God sees fit for the furtherance of the work, not as many say they have. So how can we test whether the Signs & Miracles are true or evils false duplications?
For the most part we can have somewhat of an understanding of what the "mark" is...will be. When it occurs it should be pretty clear.

But as Christians we don't have to really worry about the mark as we'll be raptured prior to the one world government, economy and religion is set up.

1. Agree with scripture.

One thing I would suggest. Spiritual eternal gifts of God move the believer to do his good will. Not something they can see the temporal. they work in Christians as his power to teach comfort .. always two-fold. never self-edifying. The gift of prophecy God sending out his word prophesying. . Giving the gift of hearing the word of God to both the speaker and hearer teaching them mutually by the same power of Christs faith or called labor of love.

Romans 1:10-12 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.
For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me

Christ in us

.2 Corinthians 4:12-14 King James Version So then death worketh in us, but life in you.13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

The spirit of unity as it is written.

1. Agree with scripture.

Discerning of Spirits is one of the listed gifts from the Holy SPirit.

For the most part we can have somewhat of an understanding of what the "mark" is...will be. When it occurs it should be pretty clear.

But as Christians we don't have to really worry about the mark as we'll be raptured prior to the one world government, economy and religion is set up.
The "mark" is not a "sign" there is a difference that must be made.

And.......???
No signs were given other than history repeating itself wars. rumors. earthquakes people getting married etc .These are the beginnings of sorrows.The corrupted dying earth will be destroyed by fire up in smoke .

The last the sign of Jonah was fulfilled at the cross . Jesus says it's a evil generation (666) that does seek after one .

The mark of the beast is Satan the father of lies deceiving Cain a atheist to murder his Christian brother Abel .

Cain trying to bargain with the Spirit of Christ. He had no interest in being a restless wanderer not yoked with Christ as was Abel the prophet The Increased workload his temporal punishment was more than he cared. But there was no early parole. He suffered the pangs of hell his entire life not yoked with Christ. .

The mark. . . what he says comes to pass called the law of faith "let there be" and it comes to pass as testimony God spoke

Genesis 4:13-15 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

No signs were given other than history repeating itself wars. rumors. earthquakes people getting married etc .These are the beginnings of sorrows.The corrupted dying earth will be destroyed by fire up in smoke .

The last the sign of Jonah was fulfilled at the cross . Jesus says it's a evil generation (666) that does seek after one .

The mark of the beast is Satan the father of lies deceiving Cain a atheist to murder his Christian brother Abel .

Cain trying to bargain with the Spirit of Christ. He had no interest in being a restless wanderer not yoked with Christ as was Abel the prophet The Increased workload his temporal punishment was more than he cared. But there was no early parole. He suffered the pangs of hell his entire life not yoked with Christ. .

The mark. . . what he says comes to pass called the law of faith "let there be" and it comes to pass as testimony God spoke

Genesis 4:13-15 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
We're talking about Rev 13...right?

We're talking about Rev 13...right?
Yes.The mark not a visible sign and not literal food. the buying and selling has to do with the gospel the wisdom of God Not a famine for food for these dying bodies but a famine for hearing the word of God

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Yes.The mark not a visible sign and not literal food. the buying and selling has to do with the gospel the wisdom of God Not a famine for food for these dying bodies but a famine for hearing the word of God

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
What you are saying is that unless you have the mark you can't buy gospel the wisdom of God.

Are you sure you want to say that?

What you are saying is that unless you have the mark you can't buy gospel the wisdom of God.

Are you sure you want to say that?
If you have the mark you would have no desire to hear the gospel If they can't buy it they can't sell by preaching it it

.Like Cain the marked man buried Abel the prophet under out of sight out of mind as in who believes in a God not seen ? God mark them as restless wanderers no salvation in sight .

If you have the mark you would have no desire to hear the gospel If they can't buy it they can't sell by preaching it it

.Like Cain the marked man buried Abel the prophet under out of sight out of mind as in who believes in a God not seen ? God mark them as restless wanderers no salvation in sight .
Rev 13 has nothing to do with what you're speaking of.

You can't but or sell the gospel.

1. Agree with scripture.

If you know your Bible, then that's the largest part of it. Biblical ignorance makes you fair game for deception. One only has to hear what the Phony "Apparitions" of the Roman Catholic "Blessed Virgin thing" say to know that they're false.

The Revelation of John, gives the warning against false worship, and the mark is the final attempts of the Beast to enforce false worship, and it will use control over buying and selling, and we seen it can be done with the technology we have today. This will be followed by the fall of Babylon and the judgment upon the Beast and its followers at the Second Coming...

The Revelation of John, gives the warning against false worship, and the mark is the final attempts of the Beast to enforce false worship, and it will use control over buying and selling, and we seen it can be done with the technology we have today. This will be followed by the fall of Babylon and the judgment upon the Beast and its followers at the Second Coming...

I would think like in most doctrines what God calls together as one, Satan multiplies .The word sign and mark are used differently Satan is the god of this world not will be, is . We are under the world system as a wisdom ($$$) of mankind.

The mark (not a literal sign) is the number of man created on day 6 given as 666. Natural uncovered mankind . The buying and selling has to do with the gospel. Not worldly goods what the eyes see . as a sign to avoid

I would think a big difference between the usage of the word mark and sign. No signs were given . The word mark is used 8 times in Revelation . The word sign not used at all. The mark refers to the unseen eternal things of God.

Jesus said it a evil generation that looks to a sign as in buying an selling of worldly goods . The word sign is not used in the same way as a mark.

I believe the buying and selling has to do with the gospel . John knew the meaning of the mark as it is applied in Genesis.4 the foundation of the doctrine Again is was not a sign to wonder after (when where how)? . .It did not take future technology to solve the parable.

In Genesis 4: There God increased the amount of labor required to eat and live . Cain not yoked with Christ as was Able in effect complained and thought he could inform God that when others saw him they would murder him, like he murdered born again Abel .

God informed him that he does not get to choose the easy way out (death ) But he would continue to suffer the pangs of hell daily until his last breath .Again Cain not yoked with Christ (a future hope beyond the grave)

In that way by the mark of His living word .What he says comes to pass .The let there be and it was (law of faith)

Genesis 4 13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark (666) upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

He was a restless wanderer watching his own back in fear of death (no gospel rest) all the days of his life .

Those people are insane!
Insanely confused . It's not work to gain salvation. But work out the salvation seeing it is God doing the work to both will and do to his pleasure

Murmuring, making sound without meaning that some call tongues is not the gospel . Jesus did the will of the father with delight strengthened by the Holy Father

Philippians 2:12-14 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out (not work to gain) your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Rev 13 has nothing to do with what you're speaking of.

You can't but or sell the gospel.
Buying includes believing the truth .The truth is the object, opposite of buying the bull. . . the lie .

Because he has bought us with his life we can believe as in buying his truth. He is the storeroom. His barn is overflowing with the gospel.

Matthew gives us a example (parable) for buying the wisdom of God and not that of this world (what the eyes see.the temporal

Matthew 25:8-10King James Version8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Christ poured out His Spirit life on us in jeopardy of His own Spirit ..

The buying and selling is not a warning for a famine of eating food or drinking . It could indicate God sends a famine for hearing the word of God the gospel of truth . No signs were given to wonder after .

In that way I think we must be careful how we hear or say we hear the understanding of the "faith of Christ" labor of love that works in believers,.

Satan the king of lying signs to wonder after is still deceiving some to look for signs to wonder after .God sends a strong delusion to those who look to sign to wonder after rather than his living word.

Philippians 3:9-10King James Version 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Wondering or marveling is not believing (exercising faith) its wondering.. marveling

We have Prophecy the perfect till the end of time . Buy it and not that to wonder or marvel after as the things of this world . Not of our Holy Father.

1 John 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Buying includes believing the truth .The truth is the object, opposite of buying the bull. . . the lie .

Because he has bought us with his life we can believe as in buying his truth. He is the storeroom. His barn is overflowing with the gospel.
I doubt it.
According to Rev 13 there will be christians present.

Back