• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Scripture verses the (5) sola’s!

Greatest commandment

Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Ez 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Faith hope and charity are inseparable!

1 cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Rim 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

The fire is the Love of God!

Fire of divine love!
The greatest loving commandment of Christ the invisible head? By which we miraculously could seek His good approval

2 Timothy 2:14-16King James VersionStudy to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness

Or seek the the approval the Pope according to the Catholic Devine Bible? (CCC)

Paragraph 80 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church states that Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture are closely linked and communicate with each other. Both come from the same divine source and work together to form one thing and achieve the same goal. They also make the mystery of Christ present and fruitful in the Church, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".

With bible today?

DialecticSkeptic said:
Explain [sola fide] and how what you said in the OP refutes it.

“faith alone”

Nothing added period!

See, this is what I am talking about. You fail to demonstrate any understanding of the very thing you presume to oppose. All you have done here is define sola fide—and barely!—when you were asked to explain it. Yes, "sola fide" is a Latin term which translates into English as "faith alone." Great, thanks for defining it.

But what does it mean? What does this doctrine teach? Faith is the subject but what is the object? Exactly what is by faith alone? And why? Do you even know?

Faith alone is impossible!

Learn the meaning of this quote from ancient Reformers who believed and taught sola fide: "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone."

Faith that saves is not an act of naked assent but a controlling existential reality, defining and shaping your entire life. And it is not faith itself that justifies at any rate, but rather the one in whom faith is anchored, as B. B. Warfield rightly observed: It is not faith in Christ that saves, but Christ who saves through faith.

If you think the faith of sola fide is naked and empty, then you don't understand the doctrine nor the Reformers who believed and taught it.

Faith, hope, and charity are inseparable!

Correct. And ...?

If salvation was by faith alone the greatest would be faith, but it aint!

Incorrect. If salvation is by faith alone, then the greatest would be the one in whom faith is anchored, Jesus Christ—and he is!

Scripture verses the (5) sola’s!​

How can this be, when Scripture IS one of the Solas?
Will Scripture challenge itself?
Perhaps the title of this thread needs a bit of adjustment?

You may be in the reformed boat but its sinking! A house of cards built on sand

Only christ has authority ti establish a church the ark of salvation

“Faith alone” condemned by sacred scripture!

Deut 6:4 love of God
Matt 19:17 commandments
Matt 16:25 lose you’re life / rev 12:11
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Matt 24:13 endure
Mk 16:16 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 water & the spirit
Jn 15:4 abide in Christ
acts 2:38-39 repentance & baptism
acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
acts 22:16 name of the Lord & baptism
rom 10:10 faith & confession
1 cor 13:2 faith & charity
1 cor 13:13 faith, hope, & charity
1 cor 16:22 love of Jesus Christ
Phil 1:29 faith and suffering rom 8:17 2 Timothy 2:12
1 thes 1:3 faith, love, patience / 2 thes 1:4 / 1 Tim 6:11 /
James 2:24 faith & works
Heb 6:12 faith & patience / rev 13:10
Rev 2:19 works, charity, service, faith, patience
Rev 12:17 testimony of Jesus & commandments
Rev 14:12 commandments & patience

Rev 12:11 over cane by the blood of the Lamb not by “faith alone”

Three things are eternal! 1 cor 13:13

Faith:
Hope:
Charity:

1 cor 13:2 even all faith without charity (Deut 6:4) avails nothing!

NOTHING!

“Faith alone” is a false gospel!
Hi Don .

Did you try and study to see if it is by faith as it is writen alone (sola scriptura) or did you study another souece as oeral trzdtiomns of dying makind?

Three times (Mathew 4) at the beginning of the work of two revealed by the our invisible head. the father gave words to His prophet Jesus as it is writen again and again as it is written. The the father of lies gave up . having no power to resist . Struct him out never saw it coming. .

Which Christ today? The unseen head our Holy Father or Peter dying mankind,? .The very foundation of Catholicism according to there Bible book of the law of the fathers (CCC) we heard it through the legion of fathers grapevine . Passed on from the Pharisees with Sadaucesss (sign seekers)

Why as it seems make a mockery of God's living abiding word. Teaching others the faith of Christ alone did not provide his labor of love (faith which worketh by love.) needed to purchase dying mankind from the wage of sin (death) .And not limbo for the younger sinners and purgatory for the more mature sinner .

That's the problem when any person runs into two different Christ's (teaching masters).

Peter alone is not the Christ the key that unlocked the gates of hell .We are not saved by faithless Peter or our blessed sister Mary (dying mankind)

Sorry not a earthly family inspired of the father of lies dying mankind.

The Loving commandment remains. Call no man on earth Holy Father, Holy See. King of the Apostles, Christ the Vicar ETC

Peter our brother in the Lord tried to usurp the true Christ (invisible head) and forbid the Son of man Jesus from doing the will of Christ, the Husband . He was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man over and over One time 3 little girls challenged his faith to see if it was of Christ .He said you got the wrong guy again .

Mathew 16: 22-23 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee .But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Why did Peter not chose the same one our invisible head (Christ) His work of faith was represented by dying Son of man Jesus .

Was Peter taller, bigger muscles, better looking, higher IQ??

Why did Perter blaspheme Jesus the Son of man ?

What do you think the object lesson above teaches us?

Does it as it is written teach Christ's faith alone falls short of the Holy Father the invisible head ?

See, this is what I am talking about. You fail to demonstrate any understanding of the very thing you presume to oppose. All you have done here is define sola fide—and barely!—when you were asked to explain it. Yes, "sola fide" is a Latin term which translates into English as "faith alone." Great, thanks for defining it.

But what does it mean? What does this doctrine teach? Faith is the subject but what is the object? Exactly what is by faith alone? And why? Do you even know?

Learn the meaning of this quote from ancient Reformers who believed and taught sola fide: "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone."

Faith that saves is not an act of naked assent but a controlling existential reality, defining and shaping your entire life. And it is not faith itself that justifies at any rate, but rather the one in whom faith is anchored, as B. B. Warfield rightly observed: It is not faith in Christ that saves, but Christ who saves through faith.

If you think the faith of sola fide is naked and empty, then you don't understand the doctrine nor the Reformers who believed and taught it.

Correct. And ...?

Incorrect. If salvation is by faith alone, then the greatest would be the one in whom faith is anchored, Jesus Christ—and he is!
The heresy is “justification by faith alone”!

“Ancient reformers”?

Ancient fathers? yes!
Ancient reformers? No

Where does scripture say yo have a Protestant reformation?

By lawful authority is christ rejected and the reformers take his place?

And the church is rejected and new sects take her place?

And the truth revealed by christ is rejected and new doctrines “the tradition of men” takes their place?

Reform? No
Revolt? Yes
Rebellion? Yes

So you dont believe alone means alone, why should I?

Lee your yes be yes and your no be no! Say what you mean and mean what you say!

Cannot enter the kingdom without baptism the “sacrament of justifying grace”! Jn 3:5

Thks

Scripture verses the (5) sola’s!​

How can this be, when Scripture IS one of the Solas?
Will Scripture challenge itself?
Perhaps the title of this thread needs a bit of adjustment?
Scripture is not one if the sola’s but the false doctrine “scripture alone” is!

The law of the fathers "oral traditons of dying mankind" was passed on from the Pharisees with Sadducee at the time of the first century reformation .

That law of men that justified , murdering, men and women burying the evidence as in out of sight out of mind (Paganism) Acts 22

Faithless Cain . . . . . . I know not where my brother is?

They got together put Paul on the most wanted dead or alive Christian . . tried to judge Paul who had become member of a Nazarene sect according to there law of dying mankind

They called sola scriptura all things writen in the law and prophets a heresy so they could keep their own heresy (opinion private interpretation ,personal commentary .Born again Paul worshipped the one Holy father the invisible head Rather than worshiping, venerating a legion of what some call patron saints

Acts 24:12-14 And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city: Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

In that way there can be diffidence in traditons as long as they do not do despite the the fullness of grace he whole cost of salvation and attribute that grace to a queen mother in heaven .That's not a biblical teaching

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

What does purgatory the doctrine of suffering wondering. . . . deny ?

Psalm 138:2 KJV
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

If His Word is exalted above all else, where does one go? Traditions or Rome?

Psalm 138:2 KJV
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

If His Word is exalted above all else, where does one go? Traditions or Rome?
To whom christ the “word incarnate” appointed!

Oh, you mean this one?...

2 Corinthians 5:16 NASB95
Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.

1 Corinthians 15:25 NASB95
For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

Peter who rebuked Christ is not the Christ our husband . Christ is the gospel key that locks the gates of hell

Christ's living word is eternal If he did not give us ears to hear his interptation then mankind is lost

he has appointed a ear.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

He warns of of them that would seduce a born again believer to believe we need dying mankind to teach as if God was on vacation (1 John2:26 27)

Oh, you mean this one?...

2 Corinthians 5:16 NASB95
Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.

1 Corinthians 15:25 NASB95
For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
In His kingdom with his authorized ministers lk 22:29

Back