• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Pharaoh’s Heart

Can anyone soften their heart on their own in light of the fall of man and his imputed guilt of Adam's sin?
The law of sin remains until we (the elect) are glorified.
Edit} I thought you said hardens.

Can anyone soften their hearts on their own?
Why not. Total depravity does not mean we are the worse and most sinful we could possibly be. Just that all aspects of us are polluted. If I can use those words.
Which does not mean we cannot soften our hearts some.

If I’m understanding your question

Last edited:
The law of sin remains until we (the elect) are glorified.
Edit} I thought you said hardens.

Can anyone soften their hearts on their own?
Why not. Total depravity does not mean we are the worse and most sinful we could possibly be. Just that all aspects of us are polluted. If I can use those words.
Which does not mean we cannot soften our hearts some.

If I’m understanding your question
I thought "total depravity" meant that we are powerless to please God.

Doesn't that make "softening our hearts some" irrelevant?

Can anyone soften their heart on their own in light of the fall of man and his imputed guilt of Adam's sin?
Without the water of the word all hearts remain hard

Back