• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Paul claimed 3 times that Rev 20:4 was a current reality.

Alright

If scripture is interpreting scripture, what would this mark be?

NASB95
Rev 13:17 and he decrees that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

and for KJV only diehards.

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The mark was being apart of society. Everyone had to say hail Cesar

In acts chapter 2 we see that the whole church put their money and possession together that was because they were an outcast to society

Kudos to you for recognizing that this verse about the saints being made to "reign in life by one Christ Jesus" is connected to the millennial period. But the OT saints who looked forward in time to the promised Messiah as their coming deliverer were also able to "reign in life" in the same manner during their lifetime.

God has always reigned over His creation from the beginning of Creation forward. That reign has been manifested in different ways throughout the ages. The literal millennial period of Satan's deception being bound was focused on a particular segment of that everlasting reign. This thousand-year limitation was on Satan's deception - not on Christ Jesus having a reign that would only last a thousand years. Christ's kingdom is a forever thing.

Sort of, but not exactly. The mark was related to the Roman Sea Beast, but it was a literal mark created by the Judean Land Beast and imposed on everybody worshipping in the temple; a mark which gave homage to the Roman Sea Beast with whom the Judean Land Beast was in collaboratiom. "We have no king but Caesar" was the sign that the Judean Land Beast religious leadership was in league with their pagan Roman overlords, and were willing to pander to them in order to preserve "their place and their nation", as Caiaphas once said.

That "mark" was the abominable Tyrian shekel minted in Jerusalem with its forbidden-by-God image of Rome's pagan demi-god Herakles, and abominable inscriptions giving honor to the idol-worshipping city of Tyre and the power of the Romans. The high priesthood required this abominable, forbidden Tyrian shekel to be used by everyone coming to the temple needing to buy or sell sacrificial items for worship. They had to exchange their own foreign currency for this Tyrian shekel for an obnoxious fee, which was collected by the moneychangers - the agents of the corrupt high priesthood. This "mark" was imposed on everyone coming to the temple from 19 BC until AD 66 when the Zealot uprising stopped requiring that Tyrian shekel, and started minting their own currency inscribed with "for the redemption of Zion".

Anyone who was handed this Tyrian shekel in exchange for their own coins was reminded once again of who was holding the reins of power over their nation. "They had no rest day nor night" with this irritating reminder that their own high priesthood was forcing them to give homage to the pagan Romans via this Tyrian shekel that God had given strict commandments against back in Deuteronomy 7:24-26.
True Jesus does reign because satan is bound Jesus reigns because He is God

Kudos to you for recognizing that this verse about the saints being made to "reign in life by one Christ Jesus" is connected to the millennial period. But the OT saints who looked forward in time to the promised Messiah as their coming deliverer were also able to "reign in life" in the same manner during their lifetime.

God has always reigned over His creation from the beginning of Creation forward. That reign has been manifested in different ways throughout the ages. The literal millennial period of Satan's deception being bound was focused on a particular segment of that everlasting reign. This thousand-year limitation was on Satan's deception - not on Christ Jesus having a reign that would only last a thousand years. Christ's kingdom is a forever thing.

Sort of, but not exactly. The mark was related to the Roman Sea Beast, but it was a literal mark created by the Judean Land Beast and imposed on everybody worshipping in the temple; a mark which gave homage to the Roman Sea Beast with whom the Judean Land Beast was in collaboratiom. "We have no king but Caesar" was the sign that the Judean Land Beast religious leadership was in league with their pagan Roman overlords, and were willing to pander to them in order to preserve "their place and their nation", as Caiaphas once said.

That "mark" was the abominable Tyrian shekel minted in Jerusalem with its forbidden-by-God image of Rome's pagan demi-god Herakles, and abominable inscriptions giving honor to the idol-worshipping city of Tyre and the power of the Romans. The high priesthood required this abominable, forbidden Tyrian shekel to be used by everyone coming to the temple needing to buy or sell sacrificial items for worship. They had to exchange their own foreign currency for this Tyrian shekel for an obnoxious fee, which was collected by the moneychangers - the agents of the corrupt high priesthood. This "mark" was imposed on everyone coming to the temple from 19 BC until AD 66 when the Zealot uprising stopped requiring that Tyrian shekel, and started minting their own currency inscribed with "for the redemption of Zion".

Anyone who was handed this Tyrian shekel in exchange for their own coins was reminded once again of who was holding the reigns of power over their nation. "They had no rest day nor night" with this irritating reminder that their own high priesthood was forcing them to give homage to the pagan Romans via this Tyrian shekel that God had given strict commandments against back in Deuteronomy 7:24-26.

I have never heard of this before but that still can’t be the mark of the beast it can’t because if it literal it would violate the verses below

Romans 10:13

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

1John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

See post 19

I have never heard of this before but that still can’t be the mark of the beast it can’t because if it literal it would violate the verses below

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

See post 19
The "mark" is not related to eternal salvation, which your list of verses are describing. Christ Himself handled this "mark" during His earthly ministry (the story about the coin in the fish's mouth, etc.). I would encourage you to google information about how that Tyrian shekel copy came to be minted by the orders of the Jews' religious leadership as the only accepted currency to be used for temple transactions. A set of these Tyrian shekel coins were also worn on the forehead of a woman's headdress to denote their marital status (as in Christ's parable about the lost coin). To understand just why this particular coin was considered so abominable to God is quite an interesting subject in and of itself.

Coincidentally, that Tyrian shekel copy began its circulation around 19 BC, close to the time Herod was beginning his expensive temple renovations. The cost of those renovations had to be born by somebody, and I believe the exchange fees which this required Tyrian shekel brought in for the temple at that time provided the needed funds at the expense of anybody from any nation coming to worship at Jerusalem. The collection of the annual temple tax was also the same required Tyrian shekel from every adult male in Israel.

Eternal salvation was not at stake for those who participated either willingly or unwillingly in this literal required "mark" from 19 BC until AD 66. God was concerned with the heart's allegiance - whether the heart worshipped God alone, or gave homage in fearful dependence to any kind of government power to sustain a person in those turbulent times.

The covetous Pharisees (of the Land Beast) were depending on the favor of Rome to support their status and wealth in those days. To maintain that favor, they were willing to break God's ancient commands in Deuteronomy 7:25-26 about not giving homage to the pagan gods in those abominable Tyrian shekel coins circulating in the temple itself, which was totally against God's laws.

Now before I answer this ask yourself does a literal mark violate these verses below?

If anyone had the mark would these verses apply to them? After all none of these verses state unless they have the mark.

You see Jesus death and resurrection is powerful enough to cover all sin. Jesus said the only unforgiable sin is blaphemy of the Holy Spirit
which is the constant rejection of the Holy Spirit thus thegoing to do.... symbolic mark of satan and the beast so it’s on us not God
Now before I answer this ask yourself does a literal mark violate these verses below?

IMO Yes.

But if you are comfortable taking a mark.... BTW Bill Gates was talking a couple years back about the implant for everytone his machine the beast was going to do...

Then Voila.... Covid came and well...

If you want to get a mark dont let me stand in your way.... Do you really want to chance blowing it though?

If there are those with the mark who approach the end and then say "Oh, Golly Gee.... I didnt mean it.... I believe I believe you think all will be forgiven...?

NO... Not when we have had a lifetime to hear and learn and understand...

Not when we wanted to live our lives our way fiduring that... Billy Graham style we will be saved on our death beds. And especially when it has been preached ad nauseum that the mark of the beast is from a demonic source.

We are not in a Kubyah alternate universe..

OK... Sorry... Off my rant.

This is just too important to consider casually.

If anyone had the mark would these verses apply to them? After all none of these verses state unless they have the mark.

You see Jesus death and resurrection is powerful enough to cover all sin. Jesus said that the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which is the constant rejection of the Holy Spirit thus the symbolic mark of satan and the beast so it’s on us not God
"Now before I answer this ask yourself does a literal mark violate these verses below?"

IMO Yes.

But if you are comfortable taking a mark.... BTW Bill Gates was talking a couple years back about the implant for everyone his machine the beast was going to do...

If you want to get a mark dont let me stand in your way.... Do you really want to chance blowing it though?

If there are those with the mark who approach the end and then say "Oh, Golly Gee.... I didnt mean it.... I believe I believe you think all will be forgiven...?

I don't... Not when we have had a lifetime to hear and learn and understand...

Not when we wanted to live our lives our way figuring that... Billy Graham style we will be saved on our death beds. And especially when it has been preached ad nauseum that the mark of the beast is from a demonic source.

This is true..."
You see Jesus death and resurrection is powerful enough to cover all sin.

But then ... Jesus also said in Mathew 7...
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

I know you are likely to say that what we are talking about is not in the context of these verses. People often do take each verse in a chapter within a book and make whatever be all inclusive to that book... but do you truly think that the same chastisements such as vs 23 or self contained... or are they examples to cover the four corners of the Holy Bible.

Okay... Im stopping right now... again sorry for the rant.

In acts chapter 2 we see that the whole church put their money and possession together that was because they were an outcast to society
Hail Caesar or they couldn't buy or sell unless they did? What if he was not around?

Hail Caesar or they couldn't buy or sell unless they did? What if he was not around?

It didn't matter if he was there or not its what they had to do to be apart of society just like Apostate Israel said that they have no king but Cesar

Its the unrepentant ones

IMO Yes.

But if you are comfortable taking a mark.... BTW Bill Gates was talking a couple years back about the implant for everytone his machine the beast was going to do...

NO... Not when we have had a lifetime to hear and learn and understand...

Not when we wanted to live our lives our way fiduring that... Billy Graham style we will be saved on our death beds. And especially when it has been preached ad nauseum that the mark of the beast is from a demonic source.

"Now before I answer this ask yourself does a literal mark violate these verses below?"

IMO Yes.

But if you are comfortable taking a mark.... BTW Bill Gates was talking a couple years back about the implant for everyone his machine the beast was going to do...

I don't... Not when we have had a lifetime to hear and learn and understand...

Not when we wanted to live our lives our way figuring that... Billy Graham style we will be saved on our death beds. And especially when it has been preached ad nauseum that the mark of the beast is from a demonic source.

This is true..."

But then ... Jesus also said in Mathew 7...
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

I know you are likely to say that what we are talking about is not in the context of these verses. People often do take each verse in a chapter within a book and make whatever be all inclusive to that book... but do you truly think that the same chastisements such as vs 23 or self contained... or are they examples to cover the four corners of the Holy Bible.

Okay... Im stopping right now... again sorry for the rant.

But the point is that the bible proves that its not an actual literal mark but an unrepentant devotion to satan and the beast

If I'm in my resurrection body now then the Lord and I need a serious sit down. ;)

But the point is that the bible proves that its not an actual literal mark but an unrepentant devotion to satan and the beast
No it doesn't unless you can prove that those who said mark.... were in error.

That would be...JOHN... as recorded by John in Christ's Revelations to him.

Perhaps Jesus just felt it easier and take less time to write mark rather then expound on your"

The absolute simplest explanation for this mark is from Got Questions.

The main passage in the Bible that mentions the “mark of the beast” is Revelation 13:15-18. Other references can be found in Revelation 14:9, 11, 15:2, 16:2, 19:20, and 20:4. This mark acts as a seal for the followers of Antichrist and the false prophet (the spokesperson for the Antichrist). The false prophet (the second beast) is the one who causes people to take this mark. The mark is literally placed in the hand or forehead and is not simply a card someone carries.
The recent breakthroughs in medical implant chip and RFID technologies have increased interest in the mark of the beast spoken of in Revelation chapter 13. It is possible that the technology we are seeing today represents the beginning stages of what may eventually be used as the mark of the beast. It is important to realize that a medical implant chip is not the mark of the beast. The mark of the beast will be something given only to those who worship the Antichrist. Having a medical or financial microchip inserted into your right hand or forehead is not the mark of the beast. The mark of the beast will be an end-times identification required by the Antichrist in order to buy or sell, and it will be given only to those who worship the Antichrist.
Many good expositors of Revelation differ widely as to the exact nature of the mark of the beast. Besides the implanted chip view, other speculations include an ID card, a microchip, a barcode that is tattooed into the skin, or simply a mark that identifies someone as being faithful to the Antichrist’s kingdom. This last view requires the least speculation, since it does not add any more information to what the Bible gives us. In other words, any of these things are possible, but at the same time they are all speculations. We should not spend a lot of time speculating on the precise details.

The meaning of 666 is a mystery as well. Some speculated that there was a connection to June 6, 2006—06/06/06. However, in Revelation chapter 13, the number 666 identifies a person, not a date. Revelation 13:18 tells us, “This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.” Somehow, the number 666 will identify the Antichrist. For centuries Bible interpreters have been trying to identify certain individuals with 666. Nothing is conclusive. That is why Revelation 13:18 says the number requires wisdom.
When the Antichrist is revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4), it will be clear who he is and how the number 666 identifies him.

AND Caesar was not the Antichrist or false prophet.... and 666 cannot be tied to his name

No it doesn't unless you can prove that those who said mark.... were in error.

That would be...JOHN... as recorded by John in Christ's Revelations to him.

Perhaps Jesus just felt it easier and take less time to write mark rather then expound on your"

The absolute simplest explanation for this mark is from Got Questions.

AND Caesar was not the Antichrist or false prophet.... and 666 cannot be tied to his name

I never once said that Caesar was the antichrist or the false prophet he was the beast and 666 was Nero Cesar. The beast is a powerful demon in control of and empire and its leaders mainly Nero

This below was me answer to a different poster

The bible isn't all about specific words or details its about conveying a message. These messages were written to certain people at certain times thus the books of the bible aren't written to us alive today it was for them back then but although it wasn't written to us it is also for us.

So words like you can't buy and sell without the mark is more of a message then a detail and had different meanings back then than it does today. What it meant back then is that they won't be apart of the society if they didn't pay homage to the beast and his empire. But threat not God will provide just like He did to the saints in Acts chapter two.

The mark was on the hand and fore head for a purpose the head for your devotion and the hand for proving your devotion by what you do.

But once again why are you honing in on a detail rather then believing in the very words out of Jesus mouth? Jesus is scripture and told us what the mark is.

I never once said that Caesar was the antichrist or the false prophet he was the beast and 666 was Nero Cesar. The beast is a powerful demon in control of and empire and its leaders mainly Nero

This below was me answer to a different poster

The bible isn't all about specific words or details its about conveying a message. These messages were written to certain people at certain times thus the books of the bible aren't written to us alive today it was for them back then but although it wasn't written to us it is also for us.

So words like you can't buy and sell without the mark is more of a message then a detail and had different meanings back then than it does today. What it meant back then is that they won't be apart of the society if they didn't pay homage to the beast and his empire. But threat not God will provide just like He did to the saints in Acts chapter two.

The mark was on the hand and fore head for a purpose the head for your devotion and the hand for proving your devotion by what you do.

But once again why are you honing in on a detail rather then believing in the very words out of Jesus mouth? Jesus is scripture and told us what the mark is.
Whatever

Also, You cannot cherry pick which books to believe and thenignore another that might counter what you do believe.

Also, You cannot cherry pick which books to believe and thenignore another that might counter what you do believe.
What book did I ignore?

You cannot ignore the very words of Jesus why do you believe in a detail than can have a symbolic meaning but reject what Jesus said what the only unforgivable sin is which is tied by Jesus to the mark?

I always take the direct words from Jesus over the prophets and saints that wrote the books of the bible not because they were wrong but because they can be misunderstood

I always take the direct words from Jesus over the prophets and saints that wrote the books of the bible not because they were wrong but because they can be misunderstood
So Jesus’s words can’t be misunderstood or misinterpreted?

Doug

What book did I ignore?

You cannot ignore the very words of Jesus why do you believe in a detail than can have a symbolic meaning but reject what Jesus said what the only unforgivable sin is which is tied by Jesus to the mark?

Not a specific book.

But why do you feel ~ "Then say The bible isn't all about specific words or details its about conveying a message. These messages were written to certain people at certain times...thus the books of the bible aren't written to us alive today."

Ask yourself then why , for what purpose these 66 books were gathered together and bound into the Holy Bible.

If not for us today... why?

I see the entire 66 books as our basic handbook.

I also feel that the words within Rev that John wrote... being not just inspired but commanded.

Rev 1... 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Are you going to tell me that this statement ... to show unto his servants is not applicable to us today? (Then scrap Daniel too)

Then for Pete's sake, why bother reading it?

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Well there you have it... John's message was only to go to the 7 churches....

Yippee, we don't have to read it anymore. For it was not for us today. Thank you, thank you , thank you

Rev 1:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

What a relief. I sure am glad I was not in one of those churches.... Not for me today, so I can feel free to take that mark that is described in the book of Rev.
(NOT) That had zero mention of anyone saying Hail Caesar. (Read on.)

No thank you. The bible in its entirety I will follow.

Finally... why do you say the mark of the beast is symbolic when it is described in Rev?

But here is the kicker... and I am copying it in full as the type is so small in areas I can enlarge it here.

I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION AND ARE ENTITLED TO IT... So does the author here WHICH I happen to believe.

59-Taking the Mark of the Beast-The Unforgivable Sin of Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit​

October 25, 2016 by Erika Grey
Christians for years have asked and inquired about the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, wondering if they could have possibly committed this sin, and debated who did commit this unforgivable sin that Jesus said would never be forgiven.
Some theologians concluded it was refusing Jesus Christ as personal savior. There have been debates over if the sin can be committed in the age of grace, and how is it committed?

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is mentioned in the Gospels of Matthew and Mark, while Jesus was casting out demons. The Pharisees accused Jesus of casting them out by Beelzebub, the prince of demons. What could be more blasphemous than accusing Jesus of having a demon.

Jesus stated in response in Matthew 12:32, “Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.”

This story is also recapped in Mark and Jesus states in response in Mark 3:27-28, “Truly I tell you, the sons of men will be forgiven all sins and blasphemies, as many as they utter. But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation.”

In both of these passages Jesus provides insights into Satan’s kingdom by stating in Matthew 12: 25-28:

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Jesus is telling us here that in Satan’s kingdom demons enter into people and by the Holy Spirit they are cast out.

The third time blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is mentioned is in the Gospel of Luke and it is in a different context. Luke 12:4-11 provides a setting that is in the context of persecution. Luke 12:4-5 reads:

4 “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

This verse is essentially telling the believer to fear God and not man and what man can do to them.

6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

This next verse reiterates the value God has on the believer. One questions God’s love and value for them during times of persecution, tribulation or tumultuous and difficult life circumstances. Jesus adds:

8 “Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. 9 But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

While each of these verses apply to all of our lives at any time, we are looking at them in the context of persecution. It is obvious that while being persecuted there will come the moment when the believer will confess Christ before men. Jesus affirms that He will also confess their names before angels. Jesus also warns that if they deny knowing Him, He will deny knowing them. The next verse is the warning of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which may seem like it does not fit. Notice the next verse.

10 “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

After this verse, we have more on the persecution. The next verse reads:

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12
For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will be committed by taking the mark of the Beast. We see that when the mark is refused the next verse tells them that they will go before authorities, but the Holy Spirit will teach them in that hour what they ought to say.​

Notice also the correlation with Revelation 3:5, which speaks of the denial and adds that their name is blotted out of the book of life signifying a loss of salvation to those who started out as believers and then denied Christ and took the mark. Revelation 3:5 states:

5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

The mark of the Beast is the ultimate idolatry and mimics the Trinity, and especially the Holy Spirit. It blasphemes and desecrates the Holy Spirit in the process.

Jesus in the Gospels spoke to Christians in two dispensations; those in the age of grace and also the Tribulation believers. He tells them in Matthew 24:13, that those who endure to the end will be saved. Because, by taking the mark they commit the unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

The age of grace ends with the Rapture of the Church and the start of the Tribulation. It also begins the final seven years of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9:24 of desolations on Jerusalem.. This ushers in a dispensation of salvation that can be lost or prevented via the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which would result from taking the mark of the Beast.

Not a specific book.

But why do you feel ~ "Then say The bible isn't all about specific words or details its about conveying a message. These messages were written to certain people at certain times...thus the books of the bible aren't written to us alive today."

Ask yourself then why , for what purpose these 66 books were gathered together and bound into the Holy Bible.

I also feel that the words within Rev that John wrote... being not just inspired but commanded.

Rev 1... 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Are you going to tell me that this statement ... to show unto his servants is not applicable to us today? (Then scrap Daniel too)

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Yippee, we don't have to read it anymore. For it was not for us today. Thank you, thank you , thank you

Rev 1:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

What a relief. I sure am glad I was not in one of those churches.... Not for me today, so I can feel free to take that mark that is described in the book of Rev.

Finally... why do you say the mark of the beast is symbolic when it is described in Rev?

But here is the kicker... and I am copying it in full as the type is so small in areas I can enlarge it here.

I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION AND ARE ENTITLED TO IT... So does the author here WHICH I happen to believe.

I’ll get back to this later but you missed quoted me I actually said that the bible was written for but not to us

Not a specific book.

Rev 1:

So you did misquote and misunderstand me as that wasn't what I meant or said. Thats okay we all make mistakes no harm done.

Each book of the bible was written to different people over thousands of years but all of it does apply and is for us alive today. So we have to read each book of the bible standing in the shoes or sandals of the people that each book was written to at their time to see what those words would of meant to those people living in the times and situations that they were living in to fully understand the entire message to them.

Meanings or words and symbolic messages would be different to them during there times than it would be for the north American church today. For example revelation was written to seven literal churches to warn them of a soon coming persecution but also a promise of Jesus that He will walk through it with them and that the church would prevail. But it didn't end their because it shows us our future too.

You say that I ignore the buying and selling with the mark which I didn't but you then side step that revelation was given because it must soon take place because the time is near and that Jesus was coming quickly. Also near the end of the book when John was told to not seal up the message of the scroll because the time was near.

More than anything you don't let the scriptures interpret the scriptures when Jesus said that blasphemy of the Holy spirit is the only unforgiveable sin and then Jesus says that receiving the mark can't be forgiven. That point is the true authority of understanding what the mark is

Back