• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

No repentance for God is by our own will power alone

In this long submission there are too many misunderstanding of this "so-great salvation" I don't know where to begin. And the fact that this is very long, and the character limit is 10,000, any comment I make to point out your errors would not be adequately addressed.
Well said, and thanks for nothing!

Some things truly are just best left unsaid.

Now that's all cleared up, we'll be going on with the argument...and again, thanks for nothing! We do appreciate it.:)

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

In context; Paul is addressing idolaters as those times God did winked at the sinners' of their ignorance.

Acts 17:
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. 32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

So in this instance, it was necessary to call them to repent from their idols and seeking the presence of God in those temples when those who believe in Jesus Christ & that God has raised Him from the dead, their bodies shall become the temple of the Holy Spirit for that effect in verse 28-29.

Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

In context;

Luke 13:1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

I believe what Jesus is testifying of here pertains to discipleship since it is about being fruitful in living that life of repentance from sin by His grace & by His help; not about how to obtain salvation, but to escape the coming judgment on the earth that other sinners were going to get. That is the whole point of condemning other sinners, and even other Christians, because those that think they are righteous as if they are not as bad as those sinners are, they will perish also, not bearing fruit as His disciples.
All that just to say Jesus is not warning to repent, lest we perish.

No, He's only warning His own disciples to repent, lest they cycle out of the next grade level...

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Luke 13:3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

In context;

Luke 13:1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

I believe what Jesus is testifying of here pertains to discipleship since it is about being fruitful in living that life of repentance from sin by His grace & by His help; not about how to obtain salvation, but to escape the coming judgment on the earth that other sinners were going to get. That is the whole point of condemning other sinners, and even other Christians, because those that think they are righteous as if they are not as bad as those sinners are, they will perish also, not bearing fruit as His disciples.
All that just to say Jesus is not saying repent, lest we perish like others that repent not.

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

What the Bible is telling us, is that there are some that don't want knowledge of the truth, and will also go on to incredibly great lengths of 'study' and 'scholarship', just to believe something different than the plain words of truth.

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

All the pseudo-Bible finery and arguments are just for appearances sake, rather than just being honest and say they don't believe Jesus' own words as spoken.

I mean, isn't it just simpler to say 'nah-ah'? But, what we see here is a great example of how some people find it much more intellectually stimulating, to write a whole treatise on how no disciples of Jesus Christ can ever perish, while not repenting as commanded and warned like all men everywhere.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
And yet, the words remain the same, and will never be changed by any man, much less by Jesus Himself, into something else to justify an hardened unrepented heart before God.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

It's one thing to think we can make up our own saving doctrine for ourselves while sinning with the world. And it's another thing to play it to our ears and conscience when necessary in this life.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

However, the entirely delusional thing is that any man can play his very own doctrine card to God from the grave.

The stay-out-jail-free card while breaking the law, is only good for the willfully blind and unrepenting transgressors.

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

I'm having a hard time making sense out of this.

Let's start with the Title. No repentance for God is by our own will power alone

Can you rewrite this so I can understand the meaning? Does it mean, "There is no repentance, because God is by our own will power alone."; or, "God cannot repent, and here's why: Repentance is by our will power alone."; or, There is no repentance toward God, by our will power alone."; or what?
The accusation against the Bible gospel of repenting unto salvation in 2 Cor 7, is that such repentance is only by man's own will 'to save himself'. (See post #12)

The defense of the Bible gospel of repenting unto salvation, is that it is also by commandment of God.

Since it is the express will of God for all men to repent, then men repenting by His commandment, cannot possibly be repenting by their own will alone, and especially not repenting contrary to His will.

And so, perhaps this works better: No repentance for God, is by our own will and power alone.

The silly accusation is only made by unrepented sinners, trying to justify their continued hardness of hearts in unrighteous works.

And it's usually accompanied with the fraudulent claim of waiting to repent 'by grace'. Which is only grace-talk for only repenting when we feel like it at our own leisurely convenience.

And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

Such unrepented children of disobedience declare God has no grace in commanding men everywhere to repent now, and not later. They will only repent when they're good and ready to by their own grace, and not a moment before.

Like spoiled brats, they only do what they want to do, and when they want to do it, and not just because someone tells them to. Including the Lord Himself.

The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

I make the same defence Paul stood for in the gospel of repentance unto salvation and life. He too had to contend with other gospels that demanded salvation first, with piercements repentance following at will of the 'saved believers'.

We defend the Lord's right of absolute victory over all His enemies by His resurrection from the dead, to command unconditional surrender and full repentance, in order to be shown free mercy.

The gospel of salvation unto partial repentance 'in due time', is the counter-demand of conditional surrender made by the Lord's hardened enemies, that refuse to repent now and fully.

The command to repent is never stand-alone , in a vacuum. It is always after the glory of the grace of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

No repentance for God is by our own will power alone.​

Sometimes just reading the title alone clears things up enough to know what someone is talking about. I understand how some people don't want to read the actual explanation, if they already disagree, but not even the title?

Read Acts 2 and see if you sound like it. It is merely the most important Christian sermon ever. I don’t think you sound like it at all .
Apparently it's not so easy to just shake off certain challenges, when you have to try twice without answering it.

As a disobedient little child, you won't change just because you're told to, but only if you feel like it.

Nowhere does the Bible say that men 'may only repent', when God smothers the children of disobedience with grace and kisses to do so.

Last edited:
This is the exaltation of man over God.
Man repenting by commandment of God for Jesus' sake, is man exalting himself over God...

Some people are so averse to anything that remotely sounds challenging to their own will, that they revert to the usual accusations against others.

Without first stopping to think, that they are in fact accusing God's commandment man to repent now for Jesus's sake, is forcing man to exalt himself over God, by obeying God and repenting now for Jesus' sake.

God must given repentance according to His Own Will 2 Tim 2:25
True. And it's according to His commandment to repent of all sinning now, not later at one's own convenience.

And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

The unrepentant spoiled children will only do what they want, when they want, and not a moment before, just because someone tells them too.

The religious ones call it 'waiting' to repent 'by grace alone', and not by any old lordly 'commandment'.

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
I'm not here to be meek about begging people to repent for their own soul's sake, before it's too late.

Especially not with the hardened hearts, that accuse my Lord's gospel of being overly harsh and demanding of all sinners to repent of sinning now, not later.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

In context; Paul is addressing idolaters as those times God did winked at the sinners' of their ignorance.
Oh, right. Only idolators are 'commanded' to repent. Fornicators, thieves, vile cursers, evil surmisers, etc...they can repent at their leisure.

Especially those of the Christian sort...

Peter is addressing the unbelieving Jews and so by believing in Him is how their sins are blotted out and that refreshing ( the Holy Spirit ) shall come.

Ah yes. The good ol' Jews gospel only. Preached by Christian apostles chosen by the resurrected Jesus Christ.

Amazing the hoops people will go through to not say what the Bible clearly says.

It is how you apply the call to repent to sinners;

No repentance for God is by our own will power alone​

Sometimes the title alone is sufficient to know where someone is coming from...

You acknowledge how sin can have dominion over the lives of sinner
Does. Not just can. Does.

and yet fail to comprehend that those who believe
Only those who do repent for Jesus' sake, do believe God from the heart.

and yet look to themselves to stop sinning as if that is what they should do first before coming to Him and even to look to keeping that commitment to follow Christ as if that is the power for believers in how they follow Him, is why they walk away from that unclear religious apostate altar call.
I do fail to comprehend this.

I'll stick with the simplicity of Christ:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Those wo do repent for Jesus' sake, also walk with Jesus' for His righteousness sake.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

They can't do it; but if you make it clear that Jesus will deliver them from their bondage to sin & death and not just give them eternal life
There is no eternal life with bondage to sin and death.

We don't repent just to live better, but to be delivered from sinning and have eternal life with God.

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

AND that He will be their Good Shepherd daily in helping them to follow Him by abiding in His words as His disciples to bear fruit, then you move that focus on the habitual sinner to do it themselves to that hope in Jesus Christ.
The habitual sinners haven't repented yet. Their only hope from God is the same for all sinners everywhere, to repent for Jesus' sake, and live holy and righteously with Him with hope of resurrection unto life.

When they realize they can do all things through Jesus Christ without making & keeping that commitment to do so
When they are indoctrinated into believing they have life without repenting...

No man can be resurrected through Jesus Christ without keeping His commandments.

but to believe in Him to help them to do it,

But to believe in doctrine, that we can instead wait around to repent, only when we feel like it 'by grace'.

In a world where religious altar calls have always been calling sinners to do it, even the Jews under the Old Covenant, this is why Jesus Christ is the Good News to man for the religious sinner can find their rest in Jesus Christ

The other news for sinners finding their consciences put to rest from guilt while sinning...

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

The delusion for the Christian ages is the opposing gospel of being saved unto limited repentance, rather than whole hearted repentance unto saving of the soul.

And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

No unrepented sinner will play his own little justification doctrine card from the grave.

for all things as His yoke is easy and His burden is light..
Including the burden of sin, which is made by doctrine no burden at all.

It makes it so much easier to keep sinning, when doctrine says you can while being saved forever. Especially the more the conscience is seared from any conviction of the Spirit to repent and be saved.

Last edited:
Well said, and thanks for nothing!

Some things truly are just best left unsaid.

Now that's all cleared up, we'll be going on with the argument...and again, thanks for nothing! We do appreciate it.:)
And you represent who again?

1) How does one come to know they need repentance?
Several ways.

First off, repentance is simply knowing a change in life is needed. Any person by virtue of being created in the image of God, has power to repent of anything, in order to change our life.

However, such repentance is only for a corruptible crown of this life only, such as health, family, career, etc...(Which is not wrong in itself, but is not the godly repentance unto salvation and resurrection to life.)

The repentance of a godly sort is only granted by God for Jesus' sake, and not just for temporal benefit. And that repentance is from all sinning, and not just from some more grievous deeds and manners. This is the only repentance from God that leads to the incorruptible crown of righteousness and everlasting life

Conclusion: The blessedness of sinners knowing the need to repent, not just for success in this life, but toward God, is only by the grace of God's conviction and draw to repentance, for His name's sake:

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

And so godly repentance of lust and sinning, is for faith toward God Himself, and not just for bettering our life on earth.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2) Are we qualified to judge ourselves as to what is sin in us?
Of course. It's called reading the Bible to know what God says is sin against Him, and believing it.

And, even if we're not sure of the specifics, the law of the Spirit is to keep a clean conscience by only doing or not doing things as unto the Lord by faith.

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

3) If Jesus was correct when He said, "Without me, you can do nothing" and repentance is doing something, then it follows that we cannot repent without having Jesus.
Logic and reasoning are what Christ lightens us all with coming into the world. It only becomes a problem when not conformed to Scripture.

The doctrine taught here is that we must first receive Christ unto salvation, before we can possibly have power to repent toward God.

However, the Bible says we must repent to receive Christ.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation not to be repented of:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

By believing God's words over our own reasoning, then the real question is how to repent to have Christ.

Man's reasoning of being saved first, and only then repent, never results in repenting of all sinning, but of continued unrepented righteousness in part.

God's words always lead to righteousness, with repentance from all sinning.

4) Repentance was given to us (Acts 11:18, 2 Timothy 2:25)

True. By grace God grants repentance with His godly sorrow, to receive Jesus conversion and salvation from sinning.

The gospel of being converted and saved first by faith alone, without repenting of sinning, is of man partly surrendering to religion only.

Would you agree that a person is very capable of deceiving themselves about their state of righteousness?

Of course. It's only done by dishonest hearts and in two ways in the Bible:

First there is the unbelieving hearts doing outward righteousness by works of the law only.

Then there is the unrepented hearts doing outward unrighteousness against the law of God, while claiming 'inward' righteousness by their own faith alone.

While the Pharisitical righteousness of unbelieving Jews is most common in the OT, God still foresaw the outwardly unrighteous Christians claiming inward purity:

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

What stops that from happening?
Honesty of heart and believing all the words of Jesus and God in His Book.

Not deluding ourselves into thinking we are somehow so special by our 'heartfelt' faith, that we think the law of sin and death no longer applies to us, but only to 'other people' that don't 'believe' like us.

Thanks for your honest questions and challenge. If you see any error in my reasoning from the verses I give. I'd be glad to see it. It's about perfecting the doctrine of the Bible.

And you represent who again?
Since you made a general post, then that normally means to all the participants.

If it's only to me, then again, Thanks for nothing! I do appreciate it. :)

Of course. It's only done by dishonest hearts and in two ways in the Bible:

First there is the unbelieving hearts doing outward righteousness by works of the law only.

Then there is the unrepented hearts doing outward unrighteousness against the law of God, while claiming 'inward' righteousness by their own faith alone.

While the Pharisitical righteousness of unbelieving Jews is most common in the OT, God still foresaw the outwardly unrighteous Christians claiming inward purity:

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

Honesty of heart and believing all the words of Jesus and God in His Book.

Not deluding ourselves into thinking we are somehow so special by our 'heartfelt' faith, that we think the law of sin and death no longer applies to us, but only to 'other people' that don't 'believe' like us.

Thanks for your honest questions and challenge. If you see any error in my reasoning from the verses I give. I'd be glad to see it. It's about perfecting the doctrine of the Bible.
No, I found your answer quite insightful.

Logic and reasoning are what Christ lightens us all with coming into the world. It only becomes a problem when not conformed to Scripture.

The doctrine taught here is that we must first receive Christ unto salvation, before we can possibly have power to repent toward God.

However, the Bible says we must repent to receive Christ.
That is not what I intended. I can see how what I wrote was confusing. What I intended to convey was that we come to repentance by the power of God. In other words, we are drawn by the Father to the Son. You are very correct to point out that we must repent to receive Christ. I was simply saying that it is the working of Christ and His agencies upon our hearts that brings us to repentance where we then can receive Him. Of course, repentance will still remain necessary for us as the Holy SPirit continues to reveal us to ourselves.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation not to be repented of:

By believing God's words over our own reasoning, then the real question is how to repent to have Christ.

Man's reasoning of being saved first, and only then repent, never results in repenting of all sinning, but of continued unrepented righteousness in part.

God's words always lead to righteousness, with repentance from all sinning.
Amen. If we do not repent, it means we do not hate sin. We still love darkness more than light and thus it will be when our verdict is read.
True. By grace God grants repentance with His godly sorrow, to receive Jesus conversion and salvation from sinning.

The gospel of being converted and saved first by faith alone, without repenting of sinning, is of man partly surrendering to religion only.
You are right on!

Of course. It's called reading the Bible to know what God says is sin against Him, and believing it.

And, even if we're not sure of the specifics, the law of the Spirit is to keep a clean conscience by only doing or not doing things as unto the Lord by faith.

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Every person that you would label as having false beliefs probably would think the same about you. Believing that we are right while others are wrong is one of the major failings of mankind. The bible warns us not to lean onto our own understanding.

The loving living commandment is to all
The commandment to repent is to all.

but only those elected to salvation are given the faith of Christ
Only those that do repent for Jesus' sake are elected to receive His saving faith.

to understand the spiritual things of God not seen.
To know the will of God and obey Him.

Whosoever does not have the born again Spirit of Christ simply do not below to Him

True. No unrepented sinner knows nor walks with Jesus.

Salvation has nothing to do with the dying flesh of mankind. .
No, that salvation of the body is only in the resurrection unto life.

The salvation of our soul and life in the flesh is now.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When the Bible speaks of the 'body' being blameless now, it is speaking of the life we now live in the body. Even as the old 'body of death' is the old man and life we lived without Christ.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Sinning in the flesh is walking in the flesh, even as not sinning in the Spirit is walking in the Spirit.

Pertaining to our manner of life in the flesh or in the Spirit, is not pertaining to being bodily in the flesh on earth.

Otherwise, Jesus Christ Himself was not come in the flesh.

That is not what I intended. I can see how what I wrote was confusing. What I intended to convey was that we come to repentance by the power of God. In other words, we are drawn by the Father to the Son. You are very correct to point out that we must repent to receive Christ.
Forgive me. I apologize. Iv'e unfortunately become accustomed to people trying to hide what they're really saying, without just saying it. Instead, they try to cloke it in 'better' words. It's what they did with Jesus, and what Paul calls pretty speeches.

And so, it's rare and refreshing to see someone actually teaching the Bible as it's written, without trying to shift it around.

I should have said, if you were teaching it. I'll remember the correction in the future. Thanks.

I was simply saying that it is the working of Christ and His agencies upon our hearts that brings us to repentance where we then can receive Him.
Amen. This is a much better teaching than what I once did. We should always include it is God's repentance, and His godly sorrow given to us by His grace, that we might obtain mercy and enter into His kingdom. It's also His Son's saving faith we are given to do so and keep it that way.

We know that whosoever is born of God is not sinning; but he that is begotten of God is keeping himself, and that wicked one is touching him not.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that are keeping the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keeping yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Of course, repentance will still remain necessary for us as the Holy SPirit continues to reveal us to ourselves.

A slight correction here. Confession of hidden faults revealed for forgiveness, is not still repenting of unrighteous works of the flesh.

It's all such dead works that are repented of by grace of God, in order to receive His promised new heart and life of Jesus' Christs prophesied New Covenant.
Amen. If we do not repent, it means we do not hate sin.
This is almost too good to heart these days. When God says His sons love righteousness and hate iniquity, He's talking about us eschewing evil and doing good.

Some pervert this into a hating of the mind only, which they call 'repenting with the mind'. They therefore now justify themselves by so-called 'hating it' while still sinning, rather than enjoying it.

They not only preach a lukewarm gospel of sinning less, but also of getting 'less fun' out of the unrepented sinning.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man is sowing, that shall he also reap. For he that is sowing to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that is sowing to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

We still love darkness more than light and thus it will be when our verdict is read.
They continue the perversion by declaring they are now 'in the light', by 'hating' sinning in the mind.

All it is, is the unrepented sinners'; gospel for hearers only, that have heard the word of truth, and do have their minds changed about sinning, but they do not the word of truth, by changing the heart from the sinning.

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

You are right on!
You are right on it too. It truly is the case that many are called to repentance, but only few are chosen to do so.

Not because God is not willing for all men to repent, but because not all men are willing to repent. At least not God's way, which is from all sinning, not just some, and for Jesus' sake, not just for better 'Christian' living.

Once man separates repenting of dead works from saving faith, then he separates his toward works from inward faith. They literally make a religion of the unrighteous, preaching a gradual righteousness by works alone.

They claim an inner righteousness by faith alone without works, while preaching an outward righteousness by works alone without faith.

They separate all their works from any faith, just so doctrinally they can keep their 'saving' faith untainted by their works. Which makes sense, since their works are still unrighteous, which cannot be with faith toward God.

The unrepented sinners' gospel is not saved by faith alone without any works, but is in practice unrighteous man's salvation by faith alone with dead works continuing...

Back