• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

No repentance for God is by our own will power alone

Your reason for rejecting the new covenant of the Lamb Jesus Christ, as being for Jews only, is simple: You harden your heart to repent of your sinning first, and don't want any blood of any covenant, that would wash away your coveted sinning, that you still take pleasure in.
How many times must I tell you I don't reject the New Covenant. I acknowledge that the New Covenant is between God and the House of Israel and Judah.
I also acknowledge that God has made NO COVENANT with Gentiles and yet Gentiles in this present age of the Times of the Gentiles are and have been saved without a covenant.
You don't want to be robbed of your greatest pleasures in life, even if they are only for a season.
And so, you end by also rejecting Jesus' salvation for yourself, as also being for Jews only.
How many times do I have to post the same thing to you before you learn to read and also understand what I have said. I haven't rejected Jesus' salvation for I am already saved and been born again nearly five decades. You have an understanding disability or something. I keep repeating myself and you just don't seem to understand every repeat I make. I am getting weary of your ignorance and your Gentile propaganda.
"Salvation - and all its parts - is of the Jews."
You reject Jesus Christ, and tell Him to stick with the Jews only.
Well, according to covenant He HAS promised to "stick with the Jews only." If God made covenant with the Hebrews, then God will keep all His covenant with the Hebrews. What's wrong with that, Gentile propagandist?
It's amazing how someone would rather deny all gentiles the right to be saved by Jesus in His new covenant of God, just to justify denying it for yourself.
Gentiles have NO RIGHT to be saved. Under covenant Israel has rights. Gentiles don't. It's not a democracy or a Republic with a Bill of Rights, God's government with Israel is a Theocracy. And Yeshua bar Yosef, the legal heir of the covenants is Israel's rightful King.
But God made no covenant with Gentiles. Washington D.C. is not in the bible. Jerusalem is, and they possess the Promised Land and will never depart from it no matter how many non-covenant Gentiles rise up against her. And no matter how many Gentiles Christians rise up against her. Israel is the Church and Bride of God and the apple of His eye. Gentiles are NOT.
But then, that's the nature of covetous envy of unrepented sinners: If you don't want it, then neither do you want anyone else to have it.
It's as simple and old as Cain having a talk with Abel to try and change his mind too.
What the his-ell are you talking about? Make sense.

Temper temper sinner. You reject Jesus' covenant and salvation, but sinners can still keep decent decorum.

I asked if you are a Jew or not. You're the one that started navel gazing about it.
Learn to read.

When religionist make faith or repentance or anything else for that matter conditions man must meet in order to get saved or justified before God they are introducing works into the equation. These acts or human actions become equal determinants for Salvation/Justification which robs Christ of His Glory and gives prideful man an occasion to boast !

How many times must I tell you I don't reject the New Covenant. I acknowledge that the New Covenant is between God and the House of Israel and Judah.
Pretty much the exact same amount of times that you reject the new covenant for yourself.

I also acknowledge that God has made NO COVENANT with Gentiles and yet Gentiles in this present age of the Times of the Gentiles are and have been saved without a covenant. I haven't rejected Jesus' salvation for I am already saved and been born again nearly five decades. I keep repeating myself and you just don't seem to understand every repeat I make
"Salvation - and all its parts - is of the Jews."

So, in all your gentile zeal for everything Jewish, you must have overstepped.

In any case, the salvation your preach for yourself is without the blood of the covenant of the Lamb of God.

"I am going to sin later, tomorrow, and most likely the next day..."

But since you proudly boast of still sinning daily against the Lord, it's not much of a surprise. What do you want with blood that cleanses and takes away your hardened pleasures, that you refuse to repent of?

I am getting weary of your ignorance and your Gentile propaganda.

Does this mean you decided on being a Jew after all?

Do they allow that? Can you also get Israeli citizenship by declaring it?

Well, according to covenant He HAS promised to "stick with the Jews only."
There is indeed the Jews-only salvation and covenant of Jesus Christ. It's just not the one you pervert after the flesh.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

The Jews of the risen God of Israel are all repented believers, that are circumcised by Christ and graffed into His holy olive tree and house of Israel.
Whether Jew or Gentile after the flesh.

You can worry about being a Jew after the flesh or not, but only circumcised saints in Christ Jesus are His Jews of the promised seed.

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

If God made covenant with the Hebrews, then God will keep all His covenant with the Hebrews.
He did, until they killed Him on a cross.

Wither the death of the Testator, no more Testament.

Gentiles have NO RIGHT to be saved.
No one after the flesh has any right to the Bread of Life, and blood of the Lamb.

Only those repented of sinning for His sake have right to His tree of life and to drink His blood of the Spirit.

Israel is the Church and Bride of God and the apple of His eye. Gentiles are NOT.
All unrepented sinners are now Gentile to God, whether Jew or Greek after the flesh.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

, and they possess the Promised Land and will never depart from it
Possibly not before the Lord's return. However, all will depart from it at the end of His 1000 year reign, when all the earth will be scorched by fire, and flee from the face of the Lord on His throne.

And I certainly root for the Israelis to continue defeating their mongrel enemies.

Attachments

• 1705873391055.png
    1705873391055.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 3
Washington D.C. is not in the bible. Jerusalem is
This is another one of those very few times, when I must agree with your teaching of it.

What the his-ell are you talking about? Make sense.
Sorry. I'll explain it in more detail.

Cain refused the sacrifice of the Lord, and didn't want anyone else making the Lord's sacrifice, lest his conscience be pricked by Abel's righteous deeds.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Same with you. You don't want any Gentiles to be saved and delivered from sinning, let you likewise be pricked by our holy manner of life in all things.

Just as Cain first tried talking with Abel to join his own unrighteous bloodless sacrifice, so have you been calling on me to 'open my eyes' to your unholy bloodless salvation.

Forget it.

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

When religionist make faith or repentance or anything else for that matter conditions man must meet in order to get saved or justified before God
So, Salvation without works nor even faith.

Not just bloodless, but no air to boot.

You don't even claim to be saved by faith. You 'just are'.

they are introducing works into the equation.
What equation? Where there is no blood, nor air, there can't even be numbers nor letters to equate.

These acts or human actions become equal determinants for Salvation/Justification which robs Christ of His Glory and gives prideful man an occasion to boast !
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

No one was saved when Jesus died on the cross. Rather all the world of sinners was condemned by Jesus' unjust judgment and execution.

All men continuing to sin today against Him, are still guilty of His blood.

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

When religionist make faith or repentance or anything else for that matter conditions man must meet in order to get saved or justified before God they are flat out denying the effectualness of His death/blood !

So, Salvation without works nor even faith.

Not just bloodless, but no air to boot.

You don't even claim to be saved by faith. You 'just are'.

What equation? Where there is no blood, nor air, there can't even be numbers nor letters to equate.

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

No one was saved when Jesus died on the cross. Rather all the world of sinners was condemned by Jesus' unjust judgment and execution.

All men continuing to sin today against Him, are still guilty of His blood.

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
I dont know what you talking about, you appear clueless

I dont know what you talking about, you appear clueless
But I do know what you are talking about, unless you made a typo.

When religionist make faith or repentance or anything else for that matter conditions man must meet in order to get saved or justified before God
I've heard from the saved by faith without work crowd, but never you're saved without faith nor works gospel.

Many times people make flowery speeches, that warm their hearts and make themselves feel righteously enlightened. But when it gets repeated back to them without all the flowery smell, they themselves think it's gross after all.

they are flat out denying the effectualness of His death/blood !
Harumph!!!

It would help not to do so, if you would first figure out what you are saying causes it.

Being saved by faith denies the 'effectualness' of Jesus' death and blood?

P.s. using theology-speak doesn't make anything more true nor effectual.

When religionist make faith or repentance or anything else for that matter conditions man must meet in order to get saved or justified before God they are denying that Salvation/Justification is a free gift of Gods Grace. Thats in contradiction to Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 5:16

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

The free gift is unto Justification !

When religionist make faith or repentance or anything else for that matter conditions man must meet in order to get saved or justified before God they are introducing a law principle in Justification. When they present anything as a condition to do to get saved, in which if they dont do it, there is the threat of punishment, but if you do do it there is the promise of reward, eternal life, thats a law principle, the same as under the mosaic law, do and live Lev 18:5

Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord.

They're under the principle of Gal 3:10

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Primarily mans religion says that man must do something or he will be lost, that apart from him doing something, salvation isnt possible. All man made religion is under the delusion that they are alive to God, not understanding that by nature we are dead to God. Man was murdered in the garden when he disobeyed God in Adam, and so Jesus called him a murderer Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. Man lost life with God, hes therefore dead to God !

" When they present anything as a condition to do to get saved, in which if they dont do it, there is the threat of punishment,"

Unrepented workers of iniquity are the natural man (whether religious or not), don't believe they are already punished by separation from the God of life, and under sentence of eternal damnation if they repent not in hardness of heart.

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

But after thy hardness and unrepentant heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

"Primarily mans religion says that man must do something or he will be lost, that apart from him doing something, salvation isnt possible."

Unrepented sinners are already lost by sinning against the life of God, and apart from repenting of their sinning, salvation from sinning isn't possible.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation not to be repented of:
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

However, unrepented workers of iniquity can doctrinally save themselves in their sins, by their own gospel of salvation set apart from any repentance.

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Which ends in the grave. God will go ahead as promised and judge everyone of us by our works, doctrinal cards notwithstanding.

When it comes to mans religion, salvation is contingent not solely on God and what has been accomplished by the person and work of Jesus Christ for His People, but it depends on how a sinner responds, so it all rests with the sinner, See Prov 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

There's an accusation going around that first repenting according to the commandment of God, in order to have saving faith toward God, is somehow trusting in 'one's own will' to be saved.

I.e. we that do repent of our sins and trespasses to have faith toward God, are accused of only doing so by our 'own will alone'. We are not doing so by the will that is only of God.
All of the assertions in this entire post begin and end with a straw man. As we go along we see the constant use of "they" putting the full spectrum of Christian's under one umbrella as to the assertions of the OP. In doing so it conflates people with the actual doctrines of Christianity, and never once addresses the doctrines of Christianity as they actually stand. Not to mention the sentence structure is so egregious as to seem even self contradictory at times, and the meaning/message difficult to find. As well, scriptures are used but never identified, are used within no context, and with not a drop of exposition,

As far as I know, no such acustation as stated has been made, but is a misunderstanding of what has been said. The doctrine of traditional Christianity is that repentance does not precede faith, but is a natural product of it. And the disagreement that arises is whether or not an unregenerate person is ever willing to repent. Though they may be sorry for some sins, and that because it makes them feel bad or has done some harm to themselves, or maybe to someone they care about, that repentance of the unregenerate (natural man), is not a repentance from the heart that remains at enmity with God, to a heart that loves God and is grieved at having rebelled against Him. The repentance that regeneration produces is more than a taking stock of all sins and repenting of them. It is a whole hearted turning to God and repenting of ever having been so blind and dumb as to think they were independent of Him as their Creator.

So the accusation you claim is made is faulty to its core. The disagreement is not that thinking repentance is necessary, it is in the assertion that it is the repentance of specific sins, as though sitting in a confessional that will save.
It's an upside-down accusation to justify the unrepented sinners. They do not repent first according to God's commanded will, and condemn them that do obey His will.
It is not even the accusation that is made. And the assertion presumes that it is a teaching of faith alone Christ alone, which it is not. The actual doctrine is that Christ and His person and work alone save, and this through faith alone, not faith plus works, and not works first and then faith. And it does not teach that faith is alone---but only that it is the only means. Faith in anything naturally brings about obedience in accordance with where the faith/trust is placed. And that faith that trusts in Christ alone is a gift of God according to Eph 2. And is the result of a new birth in accordance with John 3. So, condemnation is not being pronounced against obeying the will of God in any way, shape, or form.

How can it be a sinner's will that repents of sinning, when it is in obedience to the commanded will of God to do so? It's not possible. It's a contradiction to how man begins to sin against God in the first place, which is always by doing our own will.

Are not the ones doing their own will, those that refuse to repent of their sinning in the first place? Of course.

Remember, by their own saving faith alone, they don't ever believe nor preach repenting of all sins and trespasses at once, according to God's commandment.
Who says this? Certainly not the doctrines of Christianity, so who is it? Everyone who believes that faith alone is the way through which salvation comes? I have neither read her nor heard posited any such thing. It is not taught in Christianity, which you umbrella under a "they" as though it were a doctrine of Christianity. Those in Christ have willingly repented of sinning against God. (Not just of individual sins. Having been ignorant and spiritually dead in those sins, they neither recognized or acknowledged them as being against God. Maybe as being morally wrong, but not as being against God.)The question is not whether or not we repent. We do repent. The question is, why do we repent? Is it because of something God has done in us through the Holy Spirit, or is it because completely by our own choosing, and from resources we do not have in us as enemies of God and at enmity with Him, we somehow found this knowledge and understanding that we are blind and deaf and dead to. (1 Cor 2:10-16; John 3:5;John 6:60-65).

When you say "by their own saving faith alone, they don't ever believe nor preach repenting of all sins and tespasses at once-----" you again use "their" and "they" to accuse all people falsely under the same umbrella and misstate a Christian doctrine as though it were the Christian doctrine. First of all you have no way of knowing what all these persons believe or preach. And second of all, the teaching in the doctrines of Christianity is that the first repentance is of sinning/rebelling against God, period, which would include all sins. It is rebellion against God and failing to trust in Him, that results in all sinful acts. It does not teach that saving faith is of themselves but that it is a gift of God. It further teaches that repenting of sinful acts is ongoing as we learn through the Holy Spirit's instruction in His word, what those sins are. It continues all of our life until we either got to be with the Lord through the death of the flesh or at His return and our bodies are raised to life incorruptible. It teaches that the sins we do commit while still in our sinful flesh, and surrounded by sin in this world and the influence of the devil in it, cannot condemn us for we have Chris't own righteousness imputed to us and are sealed in Him. (Rom 8:1; Eph 1:13-14) It does not teach that it is ok to go on sinning without repentance.
They only preach faith in being saved first, with 'gradual' repentance of their sinning in part. They never obey nor preach God's commandment to repent of all our sinning against Him. They only preach a convenient repentance of their own, that is never by 'offensive' commandment.
Again the umbrella of "they" and of identifying persons as the doctrine. Also a false accusation of gross proportions. For the truth of the matter, I refer you to the previous portions of my post. You have completely left out the power of God and the trust in God that is contained in Scripture and the doctrines of traditional Christianity and placed all power or salvation and sanctification, into the hands of man, while accusing all Christians of doing what yourself are doing in that respect.
They applaud going on to sinning less than before, but in fact condemn obeying God's commandment to repent and go to sin no more.
"They's" are persons and you present them as all being as you define them to be, and mistake persons for the doctrines of Christianity. The doctrines do not condemn obeying God's commandments but insist upon it. It even goes so far as to agree with James that faith without works (obedience) is dead. Which means that it is nothing more than a professed faith and not a saving faith that has been given by God. They have not been regenerated. Truly astonishing how disagreement with Jesus alone saves and that through faith alone, brings out armies consisting of nothing but straw men.
What they therefore call 'walking after the Spirit' with casual repentance down the road, and doing so only 'by God's will alone', is just religious terminology for repenting and changing our ways when we feel like it, not when we are still enjoying our old sin.
Another straw man. "They" is persons, not doctrines, and if persons are going to be used in their place, then evidence must be presented. So far, all that is presented are the way in which this poster views persons.
That is in fact the feel-good Christianity of convenience. It is the gospel of being saved, justified, and repenting according to one's own faith and will. Indeed, they have an animus against obeying God by commandment, and call it saving ourselves by 'works of the law'.
Feel-good Christianity is not necessarily Christianity. The doctrines of traditional Christianity never says that it is one's own faith and will, but rather according to Scripture it is by grace (in other words can never be earned or merited no matter how much we repent without faith) through faith and that faith does not come from within ourselves but is a gift of God---that no one should boast. The only doctrinal teaching that claims that faith is one's own and one's own desires apart from regeneration, are those who follow Arminianist leaning teachings of one form or another. And though this will not affect one's salvation as long as this "choosing" is actually a result of the heart being softened first by God in regeneration, it is still incorrect. Anyone who has an animus against obeying God, is still in an unregenerate state, and does not have saving faith.
The dirty little secret coming out here, is that it's not keeping the law without faith, that we preach with Paul against, but it's obeying God at all as by law of commandment, that so offends them. In fact, by hearing such unrepented sinners, the word obedience is not normally used, if ever, it's all about peace, love, and dove with willing desire, but not about crucifying one's own will through obedience to God.
Again "them" is not Christian doctrine but it is you assigning an accusation against "them" (who you never identify) that is meaningless, as it is only expressing your opinion of something that has never been established by you. The offense in Christian doctrine is when it is said that Christ and His work is insufficient to save, that faith in His person and work, is insufficient, but works must be added to the means of salvation, rather than being the fruit of it.
The ongoing sinners' gospel is being with Christ by faith alone, with man's promise of leisurely repentance to follow. The gospel of Jesus Christ is to repent first and eschew evil of our own will, with God's promise of a while new glad heart and life well pleasing to God.
Demonstrate from Scripture that such a thing as man repenting when he is spiritually deading in his trepasses and sins is possible. That he can bring himself to spiritual life through his own will.
The gospel of self-will is that of unrepented sinners, that demand they be saved by their own faith alone, and then consent to please God with some repentance following in their own good time.

It's the gospel of rebellious disobedient children, that will only do something they want to do, and never because they are told to.

After all, if we are obeying God's commandment to repent by His will, and not our own, then that would only be before believing we are saved and justified by grace.
Straw man, strawman, and a person who has been united with Christ by faith is going to fall on his knees with grief at the sins he has committed against God.
Unrepented sinners don't even make such an 'offensive' demand on themselves and others. They just suggest it would be better for life and 'discipleship' to repent and sin less and less at their own convenience. Their ministerial leadership cannot based upon growing in purity of heart and holiness in all things, but just on who's doing the less sinning most of the time.
An unrepentant sinner is not saved, and has no faith. And more false accusations based on a lack of knowledge.

Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

This is not a general command to everyone in the world without exception because that wouldnt be evagelical repentance in line wth Jesus charge here Lk 24:44-47

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Paul was in obedience to this charge when he preached repentance in Acts 17:30 and so this repentance, evangelical is joined with remission of sins, and it was to be preached among all nations, or among all men everywhere.

The key however is that repentance is commanded to only the ones amongst men who have by and through the Lord Jesus Christ, His Cross Work and Blood remission of sins.

There is no Gospel reason for anyone to repent if Christ didn't shed His Blood for them, for the remission of sins. Where God gives repentance He has given forgiveness of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Some would repent and believe !

The Call to repent in Acts 17:30 was to an elect remnant of Christ Sheep among them at mars hill, God sent Paul there with the Gospel and they heard Christ's voice and believe Acts 17:30-34

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33 So Paul departed from among them.

34 Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

I had an exchange on Twitter with an atheist who said at one point he expects God to save him with a Damascus road type of experience.

It would be interesting to hear your responses to this oft come across scenario.

Back