• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Mystery of the most holy trinity!

I know because He is worshiped as being God (Revelation 22:3).
no he isn't.

Revelation 21
22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Revelation 22:3 is still there.
And since the Lamb isn't the Lord God Almighty he isn't being worshipped. Revelation 22:3 doesn't say they worship the lamb. It says they worship Him. You should not add to the book the Bible.

Revelation 22:3 doesn't say they worship the lamb. It says they worship Him.

Yes, they worship Him (the Lamb).
It's wonderful that Revelation 22:3 teaches Jesus receives latreuō.

Yes, they worship Him (the Lamb).
It's wonderful that Revelation 22:3 teaches Jesus receives latreuō.
No. Only God is worshipped. See, the Lamb isn't God. I just proved it to you.

Revelation 22
9But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”

Revelation 21
22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

No. Only God is worshipped. See, the Lamb isn't God. I just proved it to you.

Revelation 22
9But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”

Revelation 21

That's not Revelation 22:3.

You set yourself up great for that one!

That's not Revelation 22:3.

You set yourself up great for that one!
the Lamb isn't God in Revelation 21:22, the mesenger said only worship God, Revelation 22:3 says "worship Him" and Jesus plainly taught to worship the Father only. Therefore the Lamb isn't worshipped. He isn't God. Don't play with idolatry.

Great.

Jesus is still the proper recipient of latreuō
Revelation 21:22 is still there proving the Lamb isn't God and is therefore not the proper recipient of worship.

Worship is simple. It's when people want to show respect or honor to others. Lot worshipped the strangers who came to Sodom even though he had never seen them before. He prostrated himself before them to show them respect (Gen. 19:1).
Moses worshipped his father-in-law, whom he respected and honored (Ex. 18:7).
Trinitarians say, "only God can forgive sins." 100% false

"God can be worshipped?" - 100% false.

The biblical record shows that when someone shows honor to another, they would fall down before another. The act of falling down is worship and shows respect and honor to the one being worshipped.
--------------
Exodus 18: 7 "And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance, and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare; and they came into the tent."

Obeisance is šāḥâ and the same word that's translated as worship, bow, bow down obeisance etc. Most translations use the terminology of bowing down.

What does the NT word proskyneō mean?
to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence
among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence
in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication

The meaning and usage is the same in either Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek. These words for worship are also used to indicate false gods.

I'm a biblical unitarian. Jesus can be worshipped and that doesn't make him God.

Correction - the edit feature is gone. I meant to say, "ONLY God can be worshipped?" - 100% false.

That Jesus is God.
If he was - why didn't he come right out and say so? He did say the Father is Greater and the only cop-out Trinitarians have is the nowhere to be found 'hypostatic union' which is another Catholic concoction.

Back