• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Is this true of the Reformed Position?

Because...

1 Timothy 2:5 KJV
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Otherwise, you'll have to take your complaint down the hall.
Mediator of justice yes but he gave the apostles authority over the church

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Rejection of the kingdom established by Christ is rejection of Christ. (new covenant church)

rejecting of His revealed truth is rejection of Christ. (Dogma)

and rejection of His authorized ministers is rejection of the king!

The virtues of a Christian are humility, and obedience, faithfulness

The church is of divine origin and cannot be corrupted or reformed by the tradition of men! Truth is immutable!

The church the only ark of salvation, the household of faith and is not spiritual to the exclusion of the physical or invisible to the exclusion of the visible but, visible, invisible, spiritual, physical, and supernatural of divine origin and therefore divine preservation! Matt 16:18-19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Jn 10:16 required 1 cor 13:12

Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth!
False doctrine and error causes spiritual blindness and bondage!

The common priesthood of the people: ex 19:6
Let's take a look at that verse, shall we?

Exodus 19:1-6
In the third month after the sons of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on that very day they came into the wilderness of Sinai. When they set out from Rephidim, they came to the wilderness of Sinai and camped in the wilderness; and there Israel camped in front of the mountain. Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel: 'You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to Myself. Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."

So, we see two things in that passge. First, the sons of Israel being a priesthood was conditioned upon their obedience and NOT something that was automatic or conditioned upon their being Israelites. Second, God was making a prophetic statement, not an existential one. God did not say they are a priesthood; He said they will be a priesthood. Later, centuries later, God plainly, explicitly stated it is the Christian who fulfills the plan of God and the prophecy of Exodus 19:6.

1 Peter 2:1-10
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation — if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

It's the people who believe in the chosen cornerstone that are the royal priests. Those who do not believe are put to shame; they are not royal or priests.

Revelation 1:4-6
John to the seven churches that are in Asia: and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:6-10
And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne. And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.”

God had not yet fully revealed His purpose and plan to the Hebrews in Exodus 19. It had nothing to do with the geo-political nation-state Israel. God's intent was to make people from every tribe, language, people, and nation His priests in His kingdom. As far as Exodus 19:6 goes, Israel did not then exist and not all Israel is Israel.

So, once again, another abuse of scripture is apparent; an abuse of scripture is used to justify a mistaken point of view and once that verse is looked at for what it actually states the claim made fails. In all our recent exchanges I have yet to read a single verse you've referenced actually state what you say it says. Not one. The misuse and abuse of scripture is chronic. I've begun to not this misappropriation of scripture in hopes of improvement, but the problem persists. Let me encourage and exhort you look up the scriptures yourself and read them in the context of their surrounding text so as not to repeat this now-chronic mistake. It might be beneficial to consider how the making of this chronic mistake came to be and make changes there, too.

For now, the notion of old covenant Israelites being royal priests can be discarded and removed from the thread as scripturally incorrect.

Please explain

The Mosaic covenant had three priesthoods:

Arron and His successors: high priests over the low ( ministerial order) priests, the Levites:

There are three new covenant priesthoods: priesthood in scripture is plural.

“Jesus Christ is high priest of the (ministerial) order of melchisedec”.
acts 10:14
heb 5:1
heb 8:1
heb 8:3

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9

Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new and eternal covenant!

The new covenant was a reformation of the mosaic covenant so it has many similarities. Heb 9:10
Why pattern after that which is passing away?.. (since 70 AD, it has passed away)

(Heb 8:13) In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Please explain

The Mosaic covenant had three priesthoods:

Arron and His successors: high priests over the low ( ministerial order) priests, the Levites:

There are three new covenant priesthoods: priesthood in scripture is plural.

“Jesus Christ is high priest of the (ministerial) order of melchisedec”.
acts 10:14
heb 5:1
heb 8:1
heb 8:3

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9

Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new and eternal covenant!

The new covenant was a reformation of the mosaic covenant so it has many similarities. Heb 9:10
See post #45 right above.

Why pattern after that which is passing away?.. (since 70 AD, it has passed away)

(Heb 8:13) In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Did you read my post?

When was the time of reformation? When Luther caused a revolt against Christ, His church, His revealed truth? Or when christ established the new covenant?

The new covenant church is of divine origin and divine revelation and CANNOT be reformed and it requires a ministerial priesthood under Christ the high priest

Did you read my post?

yes I read it.

The New Testament in Heb 8 also says the old formulation is passing away.
When was the time of reformation? When Luther caused a revolt against Christ, His church, His revealed truth? Or when christ established the new covenant?
and?
The new covenant church is of divine origin and divine revelation and CANNOT be reformed and it requires a ministerial priesthood under Christ the high priest
Can you give me Scriptural proof for what is highlighted in red?

Did you read my post?

There is more than one kind of priesthood. Christian with no earthly inspired representative. . Christ in us reigning from heaven . and the dying fleshy seed of mankind. Some might call a succession of oral traditions of dead men named by the Pope patron saints

There is no defence against all things writen in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

Oral traditions as a law of dying fathers is not a higher authority than the living words of God . God never commended to make a dying kings to replace the Holy Spirit that works in all born again from above

You speak as if God set his approval on the foundation of paganism (out of sight out of mind.) . .no faith or understanding from God or Look at my beauty and live surely you will not die. I would think we serve a invisible head the. . . Faithful let there be and the witness seen was God alone good.

The first century reformation spoken of in Hebrew 9 restored the government of Christ" no outward fleshly representative of dying mankind" restoring the order to Judges apostles sent out with prophecy. The first apostle sent with the gospel and first martyr was Abel our brother in the lord

hebrew 9:8-10 The Holy Ghost this signifying,(using the temporal things seen as shadows of the unseen eternal) that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure (parable) for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

The whole time period there were kings in Israel it was used as a parable(figure of speech ) The certimonal shadows did nothing to the user they preached of the coming suffering savior .

God our invisible head rejected the idea of a earthly inspired representatives kings,fathers and queens' to stand in the place of faith the unseen eternal things of Christ.

1 Samuel 8: 6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods,(patron saints) so do they also unto thee. Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

Kings in Israel (earthly inspired government) abomination of desolation . God is not a Jewish man as King of kings The same spirit of error the atheistic Jews took vote with their wives to install king and queen gods. His and her gods in the likeness of dying mankind. The same is applied today with the name Mary the law of fathers dying mankind rejected the law of sola scriptura the living words of God. Words that work from within yoked with him our burden can be lighter .

Remember as the new priesthood our bodies are his living temple not made with the dying hands of the oral traditions of men
Rather than obey the living word (sola scriptura) They boldly replied No way. . .we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven

Jeremiah 44:15-18 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word (sola scriptura) that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil. But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

Two kinds of families.Two kinds of priesthoods. Two kings of fathers .Those who obey the loving comanamnet to call no man earth Holy Father and those the non venerable who must cal dying mankind Holy father . Satan would make it all one in the same .God is a Man a created being .

yes I read it.

The New Testament in Heb 8 also says the old formulation is passing away.

and?

Can you give me Scriptural proof for what is highlighted in red?
No but how many of them!

A high priest has authority over lower priests of the same order who offer the Same sacrifice

With priestly ministry:

The what you call new covenant church according to the fist century reformation restored the government as a priesthood of all believer men and woman, mankind sent out as apostle with prophecy (sola scriptura) the time period of Judges restored no earthly representative (dying mankind) The old system Kings in Israel Jewish men only club came to a end the shadows disappeared.

The gospel explosion men and women from all the nations could gather together as one nation (Christian) under the invisible head. The Holy Father

Joel 2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

The kind of kingdom of priests dying mankind tried to prove a previous member of there sect named Saul as one that sought after Christian murdering torturing because they did not agree with that kind of kingdom of priest the pagan foundation out of sight out on mind

Acts 24: 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:. . . . .(Sola Scriptura)

No but how many of them!

A high priest has authority over lower priests of the same order who offer the Same sacrifice

With priestly ministry:

So your pope who is the vicar of Christ...

Even atheists can go to heaven
When: May 2013

Papal encyclical on the environment
When: June 2015...(Your vicar in no way proclaims the Gospel, (rather he seems to have an ecological gospel) Is that your idea of a vicar?)

A streamlined annulment process
When: September 2015

Last edited:
So your pope who is the vicar of Christ...

Even atheists can go to heaven
When: May 2013

Papal encyclical on the environment
When: June 2015...(Your vicar in no way proclaims the Gospel, (rather he seems to have an ecological gospel) Is that your idea of a vicar?)

A streamlined annulment process
When: September 2015
Vicar of Christ means Christ works thru Peter Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 eph 5:24

There have been imposters and those not valid in election

Vicar of Christ means Christ works thru Peter Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 eph 5:24

There have been imposters and those not valid in election

John 15:5 ESV
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Ephesians 5:32 ESV
This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
Ephesians 5:24 ESV
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Apart from husband wives and fruit, how in the world do you twist those Scriptures into the shape of a 'vicar'?

John 15:5 ESV
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Ephesians 5:32 ESV
This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
Ephesians 5:24 ESV
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Apart from husband wives and fruit, how in the world do you twist those Scriptures into the shape of a 'vicar'?
Jesus said “apart from me you can do nothing” so with Jesus all things

Not “scripture alone”!

Scripture and the apostles are the same effect, no difference

1 John 1:4
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Jesus said “apart from me you can do nothing” so with Jesus all things
That's why I choose to abide in Jesus rather than a self proclaimed vicar (another mediator).
Again...

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

That's why I choose to abide in Jesus rather than a self proclaimed vicar (another mediator).
Again...

Christ made the apostles and delivered the kingdom to them and expects us to obey them

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of fundamentalists!

Again...

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42

Requirements of “Apostles” in the new covenant!

No apostles / no church
No apostles / no truth
No apostles / admistering grace of salvation

Christ is an apostle
Christ has authority to make apostles and send them to teach and sanctify all men!
Matt 28:19

Apostles have the same authority of Christ! Jn 20:21

Apostolic succession is require to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation until the end of the world and to the ends of the earth!

No apostles / no church!
No apostles / no truth!
No apostles / admistering of grace!
No apostles / no priest offering the propitiatory & atoning sacrifice of Christ!
No apostles / no Eucharist!
No apostles / salvation!

No apostles / no church!
Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:17-18
Matt 28:18-20 Jn 20:21-23
Acts 1:2-8 eph 2:20

No apostles / no truth!
1 Jn 4:6

No apostles / admistering of grace!
2 pet 1:11

No apostles / no priests offering the propitiatory & atoning sacrifice of Christ!
Mal 1:11 heb 7:17

No apostles / no Eucharist!
1 cor 11:23-28 1 cor 10:16-17

No apostles / salvation!
Matt 28:19 Acts 16:17
2 cor 8:19-20

Matt 16:17-19

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 18:18

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jn 20:21-23

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Acts 1:8

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Back