• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Is there a connection?

Luke 10:25-28 And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.”

Jesus affirmed that obedience to the Mosaic Law is the way to have eternal life and he instructed to do that, so he did not deny that we can do it and he did not think that everyone he interacted with was missing spiritual aspects.
29 But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" And then we have the account of the good Samaritan. So you see that even when people think they are obeying the law of God, they are not. And do not forget, that Jesus was speaking to people who were under the Mosaic Law. but to love the Lord God with all out heart--and our neighbor as our self is not strictly a part of the Mosaic Law, It was given in the Law to warn them to not follow other gods, and to treat people as they would have God treat them. Those commands are built into our creation as a creature created by the Creator to mirror Him, an image of Him.

You simply do not make a distinction between the legal written document of the Mosaic Law and the law of God that says be as I am in all you do and think and say. Now tell me---can anyone do that perfectly? Any infraction against that law is sin and condemns a person before God. You also don't take into account that the reason we are unable to to it is because, through Adam, sin dwells in us and we are a slave to it. Our very nature as a sinful being, one who sins, is an affront to God's holiness. And that is what Jesus came to remedy, and did remedy for all whom the Father is giving Him. We are taken out of Adam through faith in the person and work of Jesus alone, and placed in Christ. Not so we can obey the Mosaic covenant written law, (which you have evidently primarily reduced to Sabbath and festival and dietary keeping) but so the law of God placed in us in being created in His image and likeness, is our delight, and not our burden.

As for those He interacted with who did understand WHO HE IS---He says clearly in both John 6 and John 10, it is because they are given to Him by the Father and they are His sheep and He knows who they are.

No, those Jesus not give absolute authority His apostolic church in those verses. Binding and losing refers to having the authority to make ruling about what is prohibited or permitted according to God's law. Jesus did not give his disciples the authority to end the Kingdom of God or to add to or subtract from God's law. For example, the Apostles did not have the authority to command us to commit idolatry.
The sent messengers called apostles are not sent by thier own dying will . the binding loosening does not mean venerate the venerable ones that puff themselves up above all things written in the law and prophecy (sola scriptura

The apostles Paul given living words from the unseen Holy father warning of us those who venerate dying mankind above the invisible head of our Holy Father in heaven, Not earthly dying mankind Rome

1 Corinthians 4:5-7King James Version5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos (two witnesses) for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, (sola scriptura) that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

As in who in whosoever is the greatest gets to be the Pope

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who (the Pope?) maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

1 Corinthian 3:6-8 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God (alone) gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

The word apostle "sent one" is used in everyday language making into secret religious wonderment. . .That is not of God ,

My wife Mrs G lee sent her husband as a apostle on a secret mission to the grocery supermarket with a written list and says no not add from it or subtract from it . Finishing the mission little apostle Mr Lee gets that a good job. . that a boy. You get two peanut butter cookies

I would never violate her law and add by changing the meaning of one word it destroys the whole list And then no more At a boy my little apostle no cookies for you . Get in the attic LOL

Christians preach he does all the teaching and bringing our memory the previous things He in us taught .Remember apostles as nothing the Holy Spirit of our Holy Father our everything.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it(singular), that ye may keep the commandments(plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.

Will you obey the loving commandment today?

Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law by spending his ministry teaching his followers how to correctly obey it by word and by example and he did not establish the New Covenant for the purpose of undermining his entire ministry, but rather the New Covenant involves God putting the Mosaic Law in our minds and writing it on our hearts (Jeremiah 31:33).
Do you really believe that the Mosaic covenant legal written code is the sum total of God's righteousness. In the first place it was a land grant covenant. I will leave it to you to figure out what that is. It was serving an interim purpose until the Savior should arise. And btw no one is called a Savior who just shows how to be saved but does not save. No one is called a Redeemer unless they actually redeem.
so Jesus did not earn his righteousness through his perfect obedience, but rather he became righteous through faith. Jesus did not set an example of how to practice righteousness so that we don't have to, but so that we would have an example to follow, which again we are told to follow and are able to do so. Our salvation is from living in transgression of the Mosaic Law, so Jesus came to save us from that by leading us to live in obedience to it in accordance with his example.
Jesus was righteous because of His perfect obedience. Christianity does not teach that Jesus was righteous so that we don't have to be, so again yo bring a straw man into your premise. Jesus was not setting an example of how to practice righteousness. He knew perfectly well that sinful beings cannot do any such thing perfectly and He knew why, and He also knew that He was the second Adam who would gather a people to the Father by defeating the power of sin and death for them through His vicarious suffering and death on their behalf. He was teaching that the promised Messiah had come and He was Him. The Messiah who would deliver them from their sin. And no one is a deliverer who does not deliver actually. He was showing the Jews that no one comes to the Father except through faith in Him. Not through Law keeping or animal sacrifices or by being a physical descendent of Abraham. Only through faith in Him, that is, in who He is. Son of God, Son of Man, who redeems a people from their sin and reconciles them to God, through His life, death, resurrection, ascenditon. Period. A branch in the Vine through faith, produces the fruit of that Vine.

You simply do not make a distinction between the legal written document of the Mosaic Law and the law of God that says be as I am in all you do and think and say.
Amen, letter of the law "death" never to rise. We are by grace through mercy delivered from death, never to rise . . .to new born again spirit life that will never die

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

(Real Death) not the counterfeit. You shall not really die

You just argued against keeping the 7th day holy by saying that Jesus is our true rest, so that is not a straw man.
No, I said keeping the Sabbath according to Mosaic covenant law according to you is not the true rest, Jesus is. The straw man is that you say Christ alone, faith alone teaches that we don't have to be obedient to God. You reduce that obedience to keeping the Sabbath according to Mosaic Law, when Hebrews clearly tells us that Jesus is our rest, and those who place their faith in Him have entered the true rest. The legal written code of the Mosaic Law has been abolished because it has become obsolete.

Even in the secular world there is a code of law. The laws are stipulated and the penal aspects of it outlined. That is what the Mosaic law is, and it had to do with keeping the land and having God as there God. It was a schoolmaster. Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, one without a legal written code for the simple, clearly stated fact in Romans, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

For you to assert that that means in Christianity, or to any true Christian, that we do not have to obey the God who made us, is ludicrous. Faith produces obedience, otherwise it would not be faith! But it is not obedience to the written law, the legal code, but to the law that is written on our hearts. The law that is given in the very act of our being created in His image and likeness. The law that is who He is, and who we are as His creatures. And out of the heart, this hard and stoney heart that was removed, and a heart moldable and pliable in His hand, comes the fruit of the Spirit. It is quite glorious and every bit of the glory belongs to God.

In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so repenting and becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is the way to believe in what Jesus came to do through both his ministry and through the cross.
This statement presents works as producing faith. It presents the suffering and death of Jesus---the atonement---- as not redeeming anyone actually, but only making redemption possible if we do what we were taught to do before but could not do. You have a Redeemer who does not redeem, a Savior who does not save.

Jesus died on the cross to take the penal aspect of the Law and the law (relating to the sinfulness of man since Adam and Eve)that God's just judgement on sin, death with no hope of redemption, might be met and conquered by His perfect righteousness that death could not hold. He gave Himself as a satisfaction to the Father for sin by bearing our sins on His body on the cross, making propitiation, substituting Himself for the sinner to take the punishment the sinner deserves. In this, their debt to God incurred by their sin was satisfied in full, and through faith they have Christ's righteousness imputed to them in the same as as their sin was imputed to Him. The one placed in Christ through this faith, has been reconciled to God, and God to him, the enmity removed. Through faith in Christ, he has been justified by God, that is, declared righteous.

Col 2
11In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15He disarmed the rulers and authoritiesb and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Jesus actually did something in His atonement. He actually saved. He actually defeated our enemies. He actually redeemed. He actually raised His people to life. He actually provided what was necessary for our forgiveness.

I keep the Sabbath by having a holy convocation with prayer, study, and fellowship while refraining from doing what God commanded against doing on the Sabbath. Yes, I obey dietary laws and God's festivals. I don't claim to be sinless, but I have repented when I have. I have did not bear false witness or slandered believers in my post and Paul did not say that we are that we are liberty to not follow those laws, but rather he said that we are not permitted to sin (Romans 6:15) and that it is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20). In Deuteronomy 13:1-5, the way that God instructed His people to determine that someone is a false prophet who is not speaking for Him was if they taught against obeying the Mosaic Law, so if you think that Paul did that, then according to God you should consider him to be a false prophet, though the reality is that he was a servant of God who never spoke against anyone obeying anything that He has commanded. I have not claimed to be perfect
It's easy to see you obey and worship shadows and not the true fast The Holy Spirit calls that "smiting with the fist of wickedness" Worshiping shadows of ceremonial laws rather that doing what they point to . Preaching the gospel. It loosens the bands of wickedness, makes heavy burdens lighter ,to let the oppressed go free.

Isaig 58 :3-7 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high. Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

The Torah was given to Israel in order to equip Israel to be a light and a blessing to the nations by turning the nations from their wickedness and teaching them to obey it in accordance with the promise and the Gospel. In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, so Jeremiah 31:31-34 affirms that it is used in the New Covenant.

Matt 23 kingdom authority for those successors of Moses and obedience is required by Christ Matt 21:43 taken from them given over to the apostolic church Matt 16:18-19 Lk 22:29

And they also are to be obeyed!

Apostolic church?

1#Messenger bringing messages from God church? Or 2#messages as oral traditions from dying men church. . as highly esteemed venerable sinners ?

Can't serve two teaching masters as coming from one divine God .

Which one today? 1#The things of dying mankind seen, the temporal . Or #2 or the invisible things of the faith of God not seen, the eternal?

2 choices which one? 1# Things of men the temporal, or 2# things of eternal God?
Define the word "apostle" using the source of Christ's faith or called a labor of His love as it is written that works in dying mankind (sola scriptura) as that which God has given, his infalible living word and not the oral tradition of dying mankind

Like our brother in the Lord, Peter when used to teach us of false prophet as false apostles. Peter used as a (do not try this at home )Peter rebuked our unseen Holy Father forbidding the Son of Man Jesus from doing the will of the Holy Father in heaven (not earthly dying mankind Pope)

The kind of apostles eulogize dying flesh??? ?Or the ones that respect our invisible powerful head?

What the one meaning of the word "apostle" today? What does Christ the head of the Church say??
Explain lk 10:16 please
Just one verse if you can

Sorry you are mixed up imo
Luke 16:16
Jesus is the light of the world! Matt 8:12
Lk 2:32

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Soyeong said:

1) The Torah was given to Israel in order to equip Israel to be a light and a blessing to the nations by turning the nations from their wickedness and teaching them to obey it in accordance with the promise and the Gospel.
2) In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, so Jeremiah 31:31-34 affirms that it is used in the New Covenant.

In this first sentence Israel failed. They did not follow the Law and they did not teach other nations to follow the law and they profaned Gods name and were scattered. The only way for them to be redeemed is by accepting Jesus as the Savior some time in the future.Matt 23:39
Notice Israel uses no old law to be saved in Matt 23:39 they are saved by FAITH IN JESUS.

In the second sentence you imo are wrong the Law was set aside By the fulfilling of old law by Jesus and now the only Law is by Faith.
Jere clearly states the New covenant is NOT like the old covenant it is without the old law that man could NOT live by, the New Covenant law is Jesus Spirit is put in our hearts not torah.V6
God did not write the torah in our hearts V6.
The old law Never was intended to give eternal Life. It still can not give eternal Life. Why follow old law w/o eternal life when FAITH IN jESUS can have eternal life cause the Spirit of Jesus (not torah) is put in ones heart.
God was in control until Jesus rose from the dead. When Jesus rose from the dead all Heaven and earth were put under His conntrol John 5:22-23
under the law one is a servant to the law not a son of God. To become a son of God one needs complete Faith that God was 100% satisfied with the sacrifice of Jesus. Only with Faith in Jesus can one become a son of God.

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Matt 23 kingdom authority for those successors of Moses and obedience is required by Christ Matt 21:43 taken from them given over to the apostolic church Matt 16:18-19 Lk 22:29

And they also are to be obeyed!

God has no successors

God knew beforehand that men would venerate other men as oral traditions of "I heard it through the fathers grape vine" a succession of dying mankind seen in the place of God unseen.

So after moving Moses to write sola scriptura, He was to place it on the outside of the ark hiding what is inside. Sola scriptura, the final authority of God God knew as soon as Moses died the idea a succession of dying mankind that some call apostles would make the word of God to no effect through the oral traditions of dying mankind

Deuteronomy 31;26 Take this book of the law(sola scriptura) , and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it (sola scriptura) may be there for a witness against thee. For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death? Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. (again to emphasize) For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way (sola scriptura) which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

Why a succession of dying mankind ?.

Are there any trinitarians who keep the Saturday only sabbath?

Or any Unitarians who worship on sundays?

Is there a connection between denying the trinity and Saturday only worship?

Thanks
That's a great question and there is so much to say. Will you please define what you mean by "worship on Sunday?" I would say, generally speaking, trinitarians are much more likely to deny God's commandments than Unitarians. While that problem is related to trinitarianism, it is more closely related to some of their tertiary doctrines that relate to salvation.

(sola scriptura)
In Acts 17:11, the Bereans were praised because they diligently tested everything that Paul said against OT Scripture to see if what he said was true, so sola scriptura is essentially saying that we should follow that precedent whenever someone tries to teach us something.

Amen, letter of the law "death" never to rise. We are by grace through mercy delivered from death, never to rise . . .to new born again spirit life that will never die

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

(Real Death) not the counterfeit. You shall not really die
In Romans 7:22-23, Paul said that he delighted in obeying the Law of God, but contrasted that with the law of sin that held him captive. In Romans 7:6, we have been released from a law that held us captive, so it is referring to the law of sin. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, God's law is not too difficult to obey and obedience to it brings life and a a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, and Romans 10:5-8 references that as the word of faith that we proclaim. There are many other verses that repeatedly say that obedience to the Law of Moses brings life, moreover, the Spirit also has the role of leading us to obey it (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

It's easy to see you obey and worship shadows and not the true fast The Holy Spirit calls that "smiting with the fist of wickedness" Worshiping shadows of ceremonial laws rather that doing what they point to . Preaching the gospel. It loosens the bands of wickedness, makes heavy burdens lighter ,to let the oppressed go free.

Isaig 58 :3-7 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high. Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
I said nothing about worshiping shadows and not the true fast. The Bible never lists which laws are part of the ceremonial law and never even refers to that as being a category of law. If a group of people were to create lists of which laws of God's laws they thought were part of the ceremonial law, then they would end up with a wide variety of lists and none of those people should interpret the authors of the Bible as referring to a lists that they just crested. If someone's concept of ceremonial law is not identical to that of the authors of the Bible, then they are misinterpreting them by interpreting them as referring to the ceremonial law, however, there is no way to establish that it is identical or even that the authors of the Bible had a concept of the category of ceremonial law.

In Isaiah 58, it notably is not referring to keeping the Sabbath as smiting with the first of wickedness. Moreover, the rest of Isaiah 58 speaks favorably about keeping the Sabbath.

Soyeong said:

1) The Torah was given to Israel in order to equip Israel to be a light and a blessing to the nations by turning the nations from their wickedness and teaching them to obey it in accordance with the promise and the Gospel.
2) In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, so Jeremiah 31:31-34 affirms that it is used in the New Covenant.

In this first sentence Israel failed. They did not follow the Law and they did not teach other nations to follow the law and they profaned Gods name and were scattered. The only way for them to be redeemed is by accepting Jesus as the Savior some time in the future.Matt 23:39
Notice Israel uses no old law to be saved in Matt 23:39 they are saved by FAITH IN JESUS.
The reason why the Gospel went out to the Jew first and then to the nations was so that Jews could fulfill the role of being a light and a blessing to the nations. The good kings tended to live for much longer than the evil kings, so the Israelites were under a good king for a majority of the time even though there were more evil kings, plus there has always been a remnant. Though Israel has succeeded at being a light and a blessing to the nations either by being an example for us to follow or by being an example that we should avoid following, and in 1 Corinthians 10:1-13, we should use Israel's disobedience as an example of what we should avoid following. In Acts 21:20, they were rejoicing that tens of thousands of Jews were coming to faith in Jesus who were also zealous for the Torah, which is in accordance with believing in what Jesus accomplished through the cross in Titus 2:14. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and it is by the Torah that we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is the way that he saves us from not living in obedience to it.

In the second sentence you imo are wrong the Law was set aside By the fulfilling of old law by Jesus and now the only Law is by Faith.
In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law in contrast with saying that he came not to abolish it and he warned against relaxing the least part of it or teaching others to relax the least part, so you should not interpret fulfilling the law as setting it aside. Rather, to fulfill the law means "to cause God's will (as made known through the law) to be obeyed as it should be" (NAS Greek Lexicon: pleroo). After Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law, he then proceeded to fulfill it six times throughout the rest of the chapter by teaching how to correctly obey it as it should be. According to Galatians 5:14, everyone who has ever loved their neighbor as fulfilled the entire law, so again it refers to correctly obeying it as it should be, plus it refers to something that countless people have done, not to something unique that Jesus did to set it aside. Likewise, in Galatians 6:2, bearing one another's burdens fulfills the Law of Christ, which again refers to correctly obeying it, plus you do not consistently interpret that as saying that we set aside the Law of Christ by bearing one another's burdens.

Jere clearly states the New covenant is NOT like the old covenant it is without the old law that man could NOT live by, the New Covenant law is Jesus Spirit is put in our hearts not torah.V6
God did not write the torah in our hearts V6.
While it is true that the New Covenant is not like the Mosaic Covenant, it says that the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, so following the Torah is not one of the ways that the covenants are not like each other. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, it says that God's law is not too difficult to obey and that obedience to it brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, and Romans 10:5-8 references that as the word of faith that we proclaim, which is the world of faith that you deny. So man can live by the Mosaic Law, moreover, there are examples in the Bible of man doing that, such as in Joshua 22:1-3 and Luke 1:5-6. You can deny Jeremiah 31:33 if you want, but I believe that the whole Bible is true.

The old law Never was intended to give eternal Life. It still can not give eternal Life. Why follow old law w/o eternal life when FAITH IN jESUS can have eternal life cause the Spirit of Jesus (not torah) is put in ones heart.
The Bible does not state that the Mosaic Law was never intended to give life, but rather it repeatedly says that it gives life (Deuteronomy 30:16, Deuteronomy 32:46-47, Proverbs 3:18, Proverbs 6:23, Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28, Romans 2:6-7, Romans 6:19-23, Hebrews 5:9, Revelation 22:14). Those verses combined with the many verses that say that the way to inherit eternal is through faith in Jesus. means that the Mosaic Law is God's instructions for how to have faith in Jesus. In other words, God's word is the way to have faith in God's word made flesh.

under the law one is a servant to the law not a son of God.
That is illogical. The way for someone to act as a servant of their master is by obeying their master's commands.

It is contradictory to think that we should have faith in God, but not in His instructions. The way to have faith in Jesus is by believing that we ought to be in his image, or in other words that we should be doers of his character traits by following his example of obedience to the Mosaic Law, not by rejecting his example.

The reason why the Gospel went out to the Jew first and then to the nations was so that Jews could fulfill the role of being a light and a blessing to the nations. The good kings tended to live for much longer than the evil kings, so the Israelites were under a good king for a majority of the time even though there were more evil kings, plus there has always been a remnant. Though Israel has succeeded at being a light and a blessing to the nations either by being an example for us to follow or by being an example that we should avoid following, and in 1 Corinthians 10:1-13, we should use Israel's disobedience as an example of what we should avoid following. In Acts 21:20, they were rejoicing that tens of thousands of Jews were coming to faith in Jesus who were also zealous for the Torah, which is in accordance with believing in what Jesus accomplished through the cross in Titus 2:14. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and it is by the Torah that we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is the way that he saves us from not living in obedience to it.

In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law in contrast with saying that he came not to abolish it and he warned against relaxing the least part of it or teaching others to relax the least part, so you should not interpret fulfilling the law as setting it aside. Rather, to fulfill the law means "to cause God's will (as made known through the law) to be obeyed as it should be" (NAS Greek Lexicon: pleroo). After Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law, he then proceeded to fulfill it six times throughout the rest of the chapter by teaching how to correctly obey it as it should be. According to Galatians 5:14, everyone who has ever loved their neighbor as fulfilled the entire law, so again it refers to correctly obeying it as it should be, plus it refers to something that countless people have done, not to something unique that Jesus did to set it aside. Likewise, in Galatians 6:2, bearing one another's burdens fulfills the Law of Christ, which again refers to correctly obeying it, plus you do not consistently interpret that as saying that we set aside the Law of Christ by bearing one another's burdens.

While it is true that the New Covenant is not like the Mosaic Covenant, it says that the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, so following the Torah is not one of the ways that the covenants are not like each other. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, it says that God's law is not too difficult to obey and that obedience to it brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, and Romans 10:5-8 references that as the word of faith that we proclaim, which is the world of faith that you deny. So man can live by the Mosaic Law, moreover, there are examples in the Bible of man doing that, such as in Joshua 22:1-3 and Luke 1:5-6. You can deny Jeremiah 31:33 if you want, but I believe that the whole Bible is true.

The Bible does not state that the Mosaic Law was never intended to give life, but rather it repeatedly says that it gives life (Deuteronomy 30:16, Deuteronomy 32:46-47, Proverbs 3:18, Proverbs 6:23, Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28, Romans 2:6-7, Romans 6:19-23, Hebrews 5:9, Revelation 22:14). Those verses combined with the many verses that say that the way to inherit eternal is through faith in Jesus. means that the Mosaic Law is God's instructions for how to have faith in Jesus. In other words, God's word is the way to have faith in God's word made flesh.

That is illogical. The way for someone to act as a servant of their master is by obeying their master's commands.

It is contradictory to think that we should have faith in God, but not in His instructions. The way to have faith in Jesus is by believing that we ought to be in his image, or in other words that we should be doers of his character traits by following his example of obedience to the Mosaic Law, not by rejecting his example.
Everything in New testament your words contradict or try your best to explain it away.

In Acts 17:11, the Bereans were praised because they diligently tested everything that Paul said against OT Scripture to see if what he said was true, so sola scriptura is essentially saying that we should follow that precedent whenever someone tries to teach us something.
Amen

I said nothing about worshiping shadows and not the true fast. The Bible never lists which laws are part of the ceremonial law and never even refers to that as being a category of law. If a group of people were to create lists of which laws of God's laws they thought were part of the ceremonial law, then they would end up with a wide variety of lists and none of those people should interpret the authors of the Bible as referring to a lists that they just crested. If someone's concept of ceremonial law is not identical to that of the authors of the Bible, then they are misinterpreting them by interpreting them as referring to the ceremonial law, however, there is no way to establish that it is identical or even that the authors of the Bible had a concept of the category of ceremonial law.

In Isaiah 58, it notably is not referring to keeping the Sabbath as smiting with the first of wickedness. Moreover, the rest of Isaiah 58 speaks favorably about keeping the Sabbath.

The Bible informs us every item used in the ceremonies were shadows of the sufferings of Christ beforehand ,The old testament born again saints like us received the end of thier new born again faith from the first hearing of the gospel. The glory that followed the cross. We look back by same spirit of faith, Christ that dwells in us they looked ahead to the first century reformation those shadows became sight
(One new shadow or ceremonial law 1 Corinthian 11)

1 Peter 1:9-11 Receiving the end of your (born again) faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time (first century reformation) the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow

Isaiah 58 is a commentary the whole rest not a remnant of rest that some call Sabbath For some odd reason the translators give us the Hebrew word not the Greek *anapauo" and not the english translation rest.

Sabbath = rest . It is not a time sensitive word. Any time we hear his voice and do not harden our hearts we have entered His eternal rest (sabbath)

Those who did not mix the eternal faith of Christ in what there eyes see (the temporal historical ) do not enter the rest .

Hebrews 4King James Version4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with (Christs) faith in them that heard it.

Everything in New testament your words contradict or try your best to explain it away.
No, the authors of the NT considered the Psalms to be Scripture, so I simply choose to interpret them as though they were in complete agreement with the view of God's law expressed in the Psalms (which they were) rather than a way that is contrary to what they considered to be Scripture. You should be quicker to think that the way that you interpret God's word makes no sense than to think that it makes perfect sense to interpret parts of God's word as contradicting other parts of God's word, so I am not contradicting or explaining away anything in the NT, but am simply explaining why I think that there is no sense to the way that you interpret the NT. In Deuteronomy 13:1-5, the way that God instructed His people to determine that someone was a false prophet who was not speaking for Him was if they taught against obeying His law, so even if your interpretation of the NT were correct, then that would just mean that we should follow God instead of the the authors of the NT, though the reality is that they were servants of God who never spoke against obeying anything that He instructed. So we should still obey God's law regardless of whether or not your interpretation of the NT is correct.

That's a great question and there is so much to say. Will you please define what you mean by "worship on Sunday?" I would say, generally speaking, trinitarians are much more likely to deny God's commandments than Unitarians. While that problem is related to trinitarianism, it is more closely related to some of their tertiary doctrines that relate to salvation.
Only trinitarians can accomplish Public worship!

No, the authors of the NT considered the Psalms to be Scripture, so I simply choose to interpret them as though they were in complete agreement with the view of God's law expressed in the Psalms (which they were) rather than a way that is contrary to what they considered to be Scripture. You should be quicker to think that the way that you interpret God's word makes no sense than to think that it makes perfect sense to interpret parts of God's word as contradicting other parts of God's word, so I am not contradicting or explaining away anything in the NT, but am simply explaining why I think that there is no sense to the way that you interpret the NT. In Deuteronomy 13:1-5, the way that God instructed His people to determine that someone was a false prophet who was not speaking for Him was if they taught against obeying His law, so even if your interpretation of the NT were correct, then that would just mean that we should follow God instead of the the authors of the NT, though the reality is that they were servants of God who never spoke against obeying anything that He instructed. So we should still obey God's law regardless of whether or not your interpretation of the NT is correct.
the New testament was written by men Jesus personally taught and they say many time the old Law is done away with dead abolished.

Back