• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

If the Wailing Wall is the Remains of the Temple Then Jesus Made A False Prophecy

You should probably stick to making a polite, respectful, reasonable, rational, cogent and coherent case for the position asserted in this op instead of assuming things about others that cannot possibly know and telling others what to do. Especially since I have read the op multiple times, word for word, as well as every single post in these seven pages and no one should ever assume otherwise of ANYONE. Stop trying to make the thread about the posters and not this op's position (see rules 2, 6, 7 and 18).

The facts are as stated.

• Jesus was correct, and he was wholly correct.
  • The temple was destroyed and destroyed exactly as reported in scripture; not one stone of the temple was left atop another.
  • Jesus' words were correct.
  • A wall is not part of the building it surrounds.
  • The Roman fort has nothing to do with Jesus' statements about the temple in the gospels.
  • Posting extra-biblical biases in support of man-made doctrines is worthless.
  • It is because the prophecy HAS come true that we can trust God and His word. He HAS kept His word. We do not need to be in a constant state of unrealized hope because He already kept His word.
  • Every single reply to this op has been that of dissent, every single reply and the uniform dissent has been resisted.
  • Cases built on errors lead to incorrect conclusions and that concept should be self-applied to this op.
  • Assuming others haven't read any post, did not understand the posts, and/or others can be told what to do is all dross.
  • Ignoring any of the above points (especially the previous two) makes things worse, not better, and all that is expected is that a polite, respectful, reasonable, rational, cogent, and coherent case built on well-rendered scripture be posted and an examination of that case be engaged using the exact same metrics.

Stick to the thesis to be proven. Do it now because seven pages of posts have been written and this op still has not been proven correct. Work real hard to keep the mention of every other poster out of that case because none of us are the topic. Keep the posts about the posts, not the posters.
Try being respectful first and not making wild accusations and false statements. You might get somewhere in this thread and not be considered as someone who doesn't know what is being discussed. You are very close to being reported to the mods.

Try being respectful first and not making wild accusations and false statements. You might get somewhere in this thread and not be considered as someone who doesn't know what is being discussed. You are very close to being reported to the mods.
Fail.

Keep the posts about the posts, not the posters. The facts are as stated.

• Jesus was correct, and he was wholly correct.
  • The temple was destroyed and destroyed exactly as reported in scripture; not one stone of the temple was left atop another.
  • Jesus' words were correct.
  • A wall is not part of the building it surrounds.
  • The Roman fort has nothing to do with Jesus' statements about the temple in the gospels.
  • Posting extra-biblical biases in support of man-made doctrines is worthless.
  • It is because the prophecy HAS come true that we can trust God and His word. He HAS kept His word. We do not need to be in a constant state of unrealized hope because He already kept His word.
  • Every single reply to this op has been that of dissent, every single reply and the uniform dissent has been resisted.
  • Cases built on errors lead to incorrect conclusions and that concept should be self-applied to this op.
  • Assuming others haven't read any post, did not understand the posts, and/or others can be told what to do is all dross.
  • Ignoring any of the above points (especially the previous two) makes things worse, not better, and all that is expected is that a polite, respectful, reasonable, rational, cogent, and coherent case built on well-rendered scripture be posted and an examination of that case be engaged using the exact same metrics.

Stick to the thesis to be proven. Do it now because seven pages of posts have been written and this op still has not been proven correct. Work real hard to keep the mention of every other poster out of that case because none of us are the topic. Keep the posts about the posts, not the posters.

If you believe that Messiah Jesus was always correct, how do you explain Mark 13:1-2, Matthew 24:1-2, and Luke 21:5-6?
Done.

Multiple posters have explained in multiple ways (most of them very similar). The uniform consensus is posted. The question asked has been answered.

Done.

Multiple posters have explained in multiple ways (most of them very similar). The uniform consensus is posted. The question asked has been answered.
Just stop already You've been proven wrong time after time. You can't even address the proofs in the original post.

You still have no idea about what architectural construction is all about. Displaying ignorance of this topic does you no favors.

I would offer.

Architectural construction has it purposes in the Bible to hide the gospel understanding in parables. Parables use the temporal things seen to give us the unseen eternal understanding.

Like hiding what's in the ark of Noah or again the golden ark in the wilderness hiding what is inside . The bible was placed on the side of it. God's word as it is written revealed inside , called the hidden manna. Literally meaning what is it ?.

It would appear God's way of drawing the whole world towards his living word. God knew beforehand when Moses would die they would go back to thier own oral tradition of dying mankind like all the pagan nations .

Deuteronomy 31:24 -29And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death? Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

Peter was not given the meaning of the parable Peter one that sought after signs to wonder after like Nicodemus. When God brought a vision using Moses and Elias to represent sola scriptura saying to them hear it . Peter thought he could contain a spirit gods, 3 in the likeness of men in a literal temple made with the dying hands of mankind

Many today think they were reincarnated as literal flesh and blood and not what they represented (God's word)

Matthew 17:3-5King James Version And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he (Peter) yet spake, (God interjected interrupted) behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

He did not say build three temples

The Jews in the wilderness 40 years they demanded a King to reign over them like all the surrounding pagan nations that had no faith in a work of unseen eternal God. thinking it had something to do with there Jewish dying flesh They demanded a stationary temple be made like all the pagan nations as kingdoms of the world It would seem they were looking back to the glory of God working conquering the kingdom of this world in the wilderness 40 year a moving witness not a temple of stationary dead stones.

That moving temple in the wilderness it that spoke of sufferings of Christ before hand and the glory the cross (the shadows of the ceremonial laws revealed the gospel to all the nations or whole world again in a hope of drawing mankind to that which reveals the hidden things of God .

Ok what the facts ? Kings in israel is not the abomination of desolation ? And temples build with human hand is approved by God?

What does the abomination of desolation make desolate?

Just what is that I am supposed to agree with?
Jesus Himself called it His Father's house.

Yes, and in doing so he told them they had defiled it. Later, in Acts we are twice told God does not dwell in houses built by human hands (Acts 7:48 & 17:24). In 2 Samuel 7 and Isaiah 66 God asked, "What kind of house will you build for Me?" indicating and foreshadowing what we read in Acts, namely God does NOT live in houses built by human hands! In John 2, when Jesus mention's "my Father's house," he says that during the Passover buying and selling of animals. Jesus is the Passover lamb!

John 14:1-2
Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. "In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

His Father's house is NOT a building made by human hands. The Jws thought so, but the entirety of scripture says otherwise.

Do you think John 2:16's "my Father's house" is about the temple of stone? If so, why?

People should study exactly what Ezekiel said about the upcoming Temple in the Millennial Kingdom. Christians will be worshiping at the temple in Jerusalem. You'd better get used to the idea.

People should study exactly what Ezekiel said about the upcoming Temple in the Millennial Kingdom. Christians will be worshiping at the temple in Jerusalem. You'd better get used to the idea.
According to the New Testament's explanation of Ezekiel,

Hebrews 12:18-24
For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched. But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

And...

Revelation 21:22
I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

People quote the Bible and then make absolutely false statements. You can learn to read but you really can't LEARN to read without the Spirit.

I don't know if the wailing wall is part of the "buildings of the temple" that Jesus said would be thrown down in Matthew 24:2 but spiritually I believe that Jesus was referring to the end of the church age in the last days.

To fully detail would require an inadept study, but briefly: Jesus spoke in parables (Matt 13:34), we are stones of the spiritual temple (1 Peter 2:5), we are told to come out the churches when they are apostate and ruled by Satan in the end times (Rev 18:4) so no two stones (believers) are left together (in churches) in this period.

Attached is a large Revelations study on the "end of the church age" if anyone is interested. It is based on only what is in the Bible (not looking at the world situation). There are other studies, including from the prophetic books of the OT, that confirm this understanding but the attached study is my favorite.

Attachments

• MYSTERY BABYLON - Daniel Webster.pdf
    889.3 KB · Views: 1
I don't know if the wailing wall is part of the "buildings of the temple" that Jesus said would be thrown down in Matthew 24:2 but spiritually I believe that Jesus was referring to the end of the church age in the last days.

To fully detail would require an inadept study, but briefly: Jesus spoke in parables (Matt 13:34), we are stones of the spiritual temple (1 Peter 2:5), we are told to come out the churches when they are apostate and ruled by Satan in the end times (Rev 18:4) so no two stones (believers) are left together (in churches) in this period.

Attached is a large Revelations study on the "end of the church age" if anyone is interested. It is based on only what is in the Bible (not looking at the world situation). There are other studies, including from the prophetic books of the OT, that confirm this understanding but the attached study is my favorite.
If someone spells "Revelations" with an "s", you know they can be safely ignored.

The temple made with the dying hands as the will of man? The abomination of desolation.

Our the house that our brother in the Lord, Jesus will share with all born again from the Holy Father .Marvel not the the Son of man Jesus was born again he informs us whosoever does the will of the father has been born again

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Jesus could be a next door neighbor.

God is not a man like Jesus the Son of man, born as a man, reborn as a son of God just like all Christians. Marvel or wonder not. Wondering is marveling. . believing is believing . . exercising the faith of Christ that works in all born again sons of God

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

The family that cries out Abba our adopting Holy Father. He lovingly commands sons of God , Call no man on earth Holy Father

.God is not dying mankind

People quote the Bible and then make absolutely false statements. You can learn to read but you really can't LEARN to read without the Spirit.
Non sequitur insinuated ad hominem.

Who in this thread you prove does not have the Spirit?

The temple made with the dying hands as the will of man? The abomination of desolation.
That's because it was the Father's house according to Jesus, right? The abomination of desolation is the Antichrist entering the temple and declaring himself God.
Our the house that our brother in the Lord, Jesus will share with all born again from the Holy Father .Marvel not the the Son of man Jesus was born again he informs us whosoever does the will of the father has been born again

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

No, He's the King. He won't be a next door neighbor.
God is not a man like Jesus the Son of man, born as a man, reborn as a son of God just like all Christians. Marvel or wonder not. Wondering is marveling. . believing is believing . . exercising the faith of Christ that works in all born again sons of God
Are you unitarian?
Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

The family that cries out Abba our adopting Holy Father. He lovingly commands sons of God , Call no man on earth Holy Father

That's because it was the Father's house according to Jesus, right? The abomination of desolation is the Antichrist entering the temple and declaring himself God.
Not not the Father house God does not dwell in temple made with human hands as a will never di never will .
Are you unitarian?
No

The abomination of desolation is the Antichrist entering the temple and declaring himself God.
Normally I would ask something like, "Please prove that statement," and expound upon that request with the following....

Do not assume it's constituent elements. Please do not repeat doctrinal statements learned from others and assumed to be correct.​
  • Start by proving the abomination of desolation is a person.
  • Then prove the abomination of desolation is the antichrist.
  • After that then prove the abomination of desolation enters the temple at some time other than what Jesus stated in Matthew 23.
  • Since the temple has been destroyed, please prove another temple of stone will be built AND prove that it will be God's house since God does not live in houses built by human hands. Start this proof first with some verse explicitly stating a future temple of stone will be built.
  • Since the 2 Thessalonians text identifies the self-deifying individual is the "man of lawlessness," please prove the abomination of desolation is not just a male human, but THE lawless man.
Do you see how many assumptions are contained in that one statement in Post #156? Nowhere does scripture state the AoD is a person and nowhere does scripture state the AoD, the lawless man, and the antichrist are all the same person.​

But more importantly...............

What does ANY of that have to do with whether or not the wailing wall is the remains of the temple?

Because if 156 is a violation of the forum's rules 3 and 6 the effort will be reported. Stick to the topic of discussion. Don't hijack the op. That applies to everyone, @Mr GLee.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

When Jesus said the temple would be destroyed in Matthew 24, was he talking about the temple of stone he'd just exited?

Back