• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Gen 6...who are the sons of God?

Gen 6...who are the sons of God?

Are they descendents of Seth?
Are they descendents of Cain?
Are they powerful human rulers?
Are they angels?

Who and or what are the Nephilim the offspring of the marriages?

Gen 6
1 Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

3 So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and afterward as well—when the sons of God had relations with the daughters of men. And they bore them children who became the mighty men of old, men of renown.

I would offer..

Sons of God. born again Christians or believers , previously sons or daughters of men (dying un covered mankind)

1 John 3:1-2 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Believers sons of God refusing to not yoke themselves with unbelievers daughters or sons of mankind. It would affect the spiritual born again invisible seed Christ that was passed down from one generation to the next . . fulfilled at the birth of the Son of man, Jesus

The flood It would appear that the Grand Canyon one many Canyons that changed the earth which was previously inspired. . earthly a mist. .The new to the heaven sky. Bringing clouds to represent the presence of Christ. . the doctrine of rainbow, peace of Christ . Believers lost that privilege' of being reckoned as born again looking to the things from earth .Satan god of this world still the earthly inspired temporal .

2 Corinthians 6:14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

They remained unevenly yoked after the flood. The loving law is still in effect until the last day under the Sun.

It would appear age of mankind was also changed .

Nothing quite like making it up as we go along. As for me, I will just stick to the points being made, the message that is given clearly, and not try and peer into what cannot be seen and is not told----and then present what my imagination conjures as being absolute, to the brethren. Especially since there are alternate views that simply partake of what is given and can be known. And that don't insert an irrelevant confusion into the mix.

But that is just me. And I can be no other than me.
Miss Lioness, be you, you are doing good. (y)

Who and or what are the Nephilim the offspring of the marriages?
Nephilim = hero or conquering giant.

Used 9 times. A neutral word it can apply to the believers sons of God like David or liars like Goliath .

The shorter Nephilim(hero) David with a GPS guided stone defeated the taller Nephilim (hero) Goliath

3 Resurrections you are everywhere I go! I cannot believe you buy into this strange interpretation.
Good to see you posting RB my friend. I'm avoiding a ghastly project in my workroom that I don't want to do. Much more fun to post online.

Yes, I believe Jude, and the Genesis 6 record of what those celestial-fleshed "sons of God" did back before the flood in producing hybrid angelic / human offspring - and also after the flood. And I don't need to lean on the book of Enoch to prove this from scripture (although I have no problem with quoting and considering Enoch's writing where it agrees with scripture.)

Jude is merely giving an example of the false teachers and how serious the matter was for Christ's church.
Jude also used the example of the fallen angels to help prove his points about "defiling the flesh" with that lascivious "doctrine of Balaam" that was then in vogue in the early church. Why are you trying to water down Jude's message by removing one of the examples that he gave? There's no need to do that.

You are free to accuse me of "wild speculation", but everything I wrote is based upon scripture's record of what sins those fallen angels once did, and when God destroyed the entire Satanic realm. That eradication of the entire Satanic realm was also part of God's plan of redemption for mankind. In spite of every wicked device of the evil angelic realm to disrupt those plans of redemption for mankind, God had the victory over them and finally destroyed them all. God is now working towards the final purification of this planet when all human evil will finally be purged out of it in the final judgment.

Last edited:
Jude also used the example of the fallen angels to help prove his points about "defiling the flesh" with that lascivious "doctrine of Balaam" that was then in vogue in the early church. Why are you trying to water down Jude's message by removing one of the examples that he gave? There's no need to do that.
I have watered down nothing. I have removed nothing.Not a single thing I said watered down or removed anything in Jude. I simply don't make more of it----an entire doctrine of angels---that Jude is not teaching or even addressing as doctrine. And I do not decide what is absolute truth based on two passages of scripture, that if interpreted as you do; deriving from them something that is discussed nowhere else in the scripture; would be God giving us a parenthetical of no importance whatsoever to the story of redemption.
You are free to accuse me of "wild speculation", but everything I wrote is based upon scripture's record of what sins those fallen angels once did, and what happened to the entire Satanic realm when God destroyed them all.
It is based on how you interpret the scripture's record. That is not necessarily what the Scripture is actually saying. The statement that the entire satanic realm is destroyed is also both biblically and empirically not true---and yet here it is stated as an absolute.

This cannot be overlooked.
The precise Hebrew term bene ha ‘elohim that is used in Genesis 6 is only used 3 other times in scripture and in each case it refers to heavenly beings.

Job 1 NET​
(6) Now the day came when the sons of God [bene ha ‘elohim] came to present themselves before the LORD – and Satan also arrived among them.​
Job 2 NET​
(1) Again the day came when the sons of God [bene ha ‘elohim] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also arrived among them to present himself before the LORD.​
Job 38 NET​
(7) when the morning stars sang in chorus, and all the sons of God [bene ha ‘elohim] shouted for joy?​

No human in the Bible was ever qualified to be called a son of God until after Pentecost.
Not until after the Church age began.
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God."
Romans 8:14​

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."

1 John 3:1

I have watered down nothing. I have removed nothing.Not a single thing I said watered down or removed anything in Jude. I simply don't make more of it----an entire doctrine of angels---that Jude is not teaching or even addressing as doctrine. And I do not decide what is absolute truth based on two passages of scripture, that if interpreted as you do; deriving from them something that is discussed nowhere else in the scripture; would be God giving us a parenthetical of no importance whatsoever to the story of redemption.

It is based on how you interpret the scripture's record. That is not necessarily what the Scripture is actually saying. The statement that the entire satanic realm is destroyed is also both biblically and empirically not true---and yet here it is stated as an absolute.
Yes, Angelus Greek to the English "messenger".

Born again apostles sent on a errand (UPS, FedEx ) as sons of God.

In that way I am my wives apostle .Sent with a written list not to add to or takeaway from .I get the reward of a apostle. Two home made peanut butter cookies and a glass of cold milk.

Not angel a make believe, a wish upon a star creation.

How beautiful are the apostles feet shod with the gospel of peace like wings of a messenger.

Its not a what some call angel fake word (sounds the same different meaning) Homophones . Don't be homophonic (lol)

That ideology was passed on from the unbelieving faithless Pharisee with Sadducees as a law of dying mankind. . Oral tradition. . to the Roman Catholic with Eastern Orthodox .

They have a legion of angels that they called patron saint gods, his and hers gods.. . . .3500 and rising

Christ in us the living hope of his unseen glory .

Not 10,000 angels that can dance on the head of a pin . . .because somehow or other the Spirit of Christ "Let there be" alone is to weak.

4 The Nephilim[b] were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
Yes they were on the earth in those days and it specifies when that was.
It was when offspring were born to the sons of God and the daughters of men.

Yes they were on the earth in those days and it specifies when that was.
It was when offspring were born to the sons of God and the daughters of men.
In the days before and after the flood.

No human in the Bible was ever qualified to be called a son of God until after Pentecost.
Not until after the Church age began.
Good point.
And I would agree it is afterward, but I would apply it further into the future than Pentecost.
When the NT speaks of humans as "sons of God" it always has a future context as it's fulfillment: something we will become, something that has not been fully revealed yet.
While we can be said to be positionally there, it does not yet have it's ultimate fulfillment.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God."
Romans 8:14​
But even that context shows it to be "positionally" now but has it's fulfillment to follow in the verses that follow that one.

Similar to us being said to be "positionally" already buried and resurrected with Christ even though that ultimate fulfillment for us will come later.

In the days before and after the flood.
Which would entirely eliminate the view that sons of Seth mated with daughters of Cain since no descendant of Cain survived the flood and therefore would not be possible after the flood for them to mate again.

Yes, I believe Jude, and the Genesis 6 record of what those celestial-fleshed "sons of God" did back before the flood in producing hybrid angelic / human offspring - and also after the flood. And I don't need to lean on the book of Enoch to prove this from scripture (although I have no problem with quoting and considering Enoch's writing where it agrees with scripture.)

Right.
Even Jude tells us:
Jude 1 NET​
(14) Now Enoch, the seventh in descent beginning with Adam, even prophesied of them, saying, “Look! The Lord is coming with thousands and thousands of his holy ones,​

We don't find any prophesy told to us from Enoch in our OT books of our Bible, but we do find it in the book of Enoch which the ancient Jews were quite familiar with and didn't mind including quotations of it in their scriptural writings.
It was valuable enough for them to keep preserved among their sacred writings that were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, along with the Book of Jubilees that also tells of angels mating with human women.

Which would entirely eliminate the view that sons of Seth mated with daughters of Cain since no descendant of Cain survived the flood and therefore would not be possible after the flood for them to mate again.
It's possible one of Noahs son's wives could have had Nephilim DNA contained in their genetic make up.

Right.
Even Jude tells us:
Jude 1 NET​
(14) Now Enoch, the seventh in descent beginning with Adam, even prophesied of them, saying, “Look! The Lord is coming with thousands and thousands of his holy ones,​

We don't find any prophesy told to us from Enoch in our OT books of our Bible, but we do find it in the book of Enoch which the ancient Jews were quite familiar with and didn't mind including quotations of it in their scriptural writings.
It was valuable enough for them to keep preserved among their sacred writings that were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, along with the Book of Jubilees that also tells of angels mating with human women.
From the Bible.....(14) Now Enoch, the seventh in descent beginning with Adam, even prophesied of them, saying, “Look! The Lord is coming with thousands and thousands of his holy ones,

From the book of Enoch....1 Enoch 1:9 9 Behold! He comes with tens of thousands of His holy ones to pass judgment upon all,

I have watered down nothing. I have removed nothing.Not a single thing I said watered down or removed anything in Jude. I simply don't make more of it----an entire doctrine of angels---that Jude is not teaching or even addressing as doctrine. And I do not decide what is absolute truth based on two passages of scripture, that if interpreted as you do; deriving from them something that is discussed nowhere else in the scripture
When you remove Jude's comparison of the fallen angels to the same sin "in like manner" that the men of Sodom were trying to do with the angelic visitors, then yes, you have watered down Jude's message. Jude was giving several kinds of past historical episodes as examples of "defiling the flesh". The fallen angels were one of those examples Jude gave of celestial-fleshed beings "defiling their flesh" with marital unions with terrestrial-fleshed human women. 1 Cor. 15:40 gives us the difference between the flesh of the two species.

And why shouldn't Genesis and Jude be enough to prove a point regarding the fallen angels? How many times must God mentions something before you get the point? But there are more examples of giants cropping up again in scripture in the OT conquest of Canaan. God wasn't just commanding genocide of those specified nations in Deuteronomy 20:16-17 for no reason.

Those nations listed in Deut. 10:17 were to be destroyed down to the last one that breathed. This was done to rid the promised land of those who would tempt the Israelites to commit idolatry with the abominations which they practiced. Worship of devils was a real problem with the Gentile nations. Likewise, this eradication of those listed nations was to get rid of more of the same problem with angels having married human women and begetting more giants - which giants were a definite hallmark of the nations which God instructed the Israelites to destroy utterly (fulfilled in Joshua 7-12).
I will have to believe the scripture record of when God got rid of the entire Satanic realm instead of your simply saying it isn't true. There are plenty of scriptures that testify as to Satan, his devils, and the unclean spirits all being destroyed in the AD 70 period when these were all imprisoned within the city of Jerusalem. It IS an absolute. I often post verses about that theme on several different Christian forums, and everybody simply waves their hand in dismissal of those texts. People just can't seem to relinquish their desire to have Satan or his devils around to blame for their misdeeds or for the evil present in the world.

I would offer..

Sons of God. born again Christians or believers , previously sons or daughters of men (dying un covered mankind)
Yeah, yeah, heard that.....but sons of God have several nuances. We know the Job sons of Gods were not born again christians because they didn't witness the earth being made...

Check it out....

4Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?

Tell Me, if you have understanding.

5Who fixed its measurements? Surely you know!

Or who stretched a measuring line across it?

6On what were its foundations set,

or who laid its cornerstone,d

7while the morning stars sang together

and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The question never asked , nor answered?

Why were those angels able to sexually reproduce?
Why did God not provided them with female angels?

...............................................Vines Expository Dictionary......................................................
1angelos
"a messenger" (from angello, "to deliver a message"), sent whether by God or by man or by Satan,
"is also used of a guardian or representative in Re. 1:20, cp. Mt. 18:10; Ac. 12:15 (where it is better
understood as = 'ghost'), superior to man, Heb. 2:7; Ps. . 8:5, belonging to Heaven, Mt. 24:36; Mr. 12:25,
and to God, Lu. 12:8, and engaged in His service, Ps. . 103:20. "Angels" are spirits, Heb. 1:14, i.e., they
have not material bodies as men have; they are either human in form, or can assume the human form
when necessary, cp. Lu. 24:4, with Lu. 24:23, Ac. 10:3 with Ac. 10:30. "They are called 'holy' in Mr. 8:38,
and 'elect,' 1Ti. 5:21, in contrast with some of their original number, Mt. 25:41, who 'sinned,' 2Pe. 2:4,
'left their proper habitation,' Jude. 1:6, oiketerion, a word which occurs again, in the NT, only in 2Co. 5:2.
Angels are always spoken of in the masculine gender, the feminine form of the word does not occur."*
[* From Notes on Thessalonians, by Hogg and Vine, p. 229.] Note: Isangelos, "equal to the angels," occurs
in Lu. 20:36."

:unsure: ..... why?

Back