• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Entering His Rest

Where are your scriptures to back up what you are saying? If you don’t know what something means, why are you speaking on the issue and giving your opinion without research? Just because you don’t understand does not mean others don’t understand.

What give you the idea I don't do research? I don't agree with you because you have made up your mind prematurely (as I see it) about what something means. But the notion that I shouldn't object to what you say just because I haven't figured it all out, is a logical monstrosity.
I asked the question because you commented you didn’t understand what Christ meant about the Comforter will not come if He did not go away, yet you were still willing to give your opinion about scripture, after admitting you didn’t understand, and you assumed no one else understand just because you didn’t understand, which is not true.

You said, “nobody is denying that Christ said the Comforter will not come if Christ does not go away. And I easily admit that I don't know all that that means, but I can guarantee that nobody else does either.”

I asked the question because you commented you didn’t understand what Christ meant about the Comforter will not come if He did not go away, yet you were still willing to give your opinion about scripture, after admitting you didn’t understand, and you assumed no one else understand just because you didn’t understand, which is not true.

You said, “nobody is denying that Christ said the Comforter will not come if Christ does not go away. And I easily admit that I don't know all that that means, but I can guarantee that nobody else does either.”
Well, no, that isn't what I commented. Notice I said, "...I don't know all that that means...". See that little word, "all"? That doesn't mean I don't understand something, which I had just said a little about, in that there is some sort of displacement principle obviously there.

It is not because I don't understand, that I assume nobody else does either, but the point is moot. What I had said was that nobody else understands ALL that that means.

Ok guys…let’s just stick to the topic.
Entering His Rest.

Ok guys…let’s just stick to the topic.
Entering His Rest.
Ok, lol. I don't even remember how we got to this little spat.

It would seem all that he brings to our memory of that of which he has taught us .

The key. And a comma,

John 14 :25-26These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Well, no, that isn't what I commented. Notice I said, "...I don't know all that that means...". See that little word, "all"? That doesn't mean I don't understand something, which I had just said a little about, in that there is some sort of displacement principle obviously there.

It is not because I don't understand, that I assume nobody else does either, but the point is moot. What I had said was that nobody else understands ALL that that means.
We all must pray and ask for guidance to discern God’s word! The Holy Spirit is our guide!

God bless!

Back