• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Does Colossians 2:16 abolish the Fourth Commandment?

Sawdust, you got your answer! He picks and chooses. I have read most of these posts and will have some things to say tomorrow.
Picking or choosing is someone illegitimately choosing which laws to follow based upon what they want to do, not legitimately choosing to not follow a law that doesn't apply to the current conditions, such as with Jesus not following the laws in regard to giving birth or having a period because he was not a woman. If you want to accuse me picking and choosing, then you need to demonstrate that I don't have a legitimate reason for not following a particular law. If you want to accuse me of picking and choosing while I have a legitimate reason for not following a particular law, then there is nothing wrong with picking and choosing.

If God had given us a list of 100 examples of how to testify about His righteousness in various situations, then we could extrapolate a spiritual principle of righteousness that leads us to do what is righteous in accordance with those examples even in situations that are not one of the ones that God listed. Correctly understanding this spiritual principle will never lead us away from doing the things that God listed as examples of it.

Likewise, there is a spiritual principle of rest that is behind God's commands and correctly understanding this principle leads us to take actions that are examples of it in accordance with what God has commanded, but will never lead us away from taking those examples. In Hebrews 3:18-19, they did not enter into God's rest because of their disobedience/unbelief, and in Ezekiel 20:13, it specifically mentions that hey greatly profaned God's Sabbaths, so we should not think that it will be different for us where we can enter God's rest while profaning His Sabbaths. In Hebrews 4:11, it says that we should strive to enter into that rest so that no one may fall away by the same sort of disobedience, so entering into God's rest should not be used to justify the same sort of disobedience. In Jeremiah 6:16-19, God's law is described as the good way where we will find rest for our souls.

Keeping the 7th day holy bears witness that there is a Creator who created the world in six days, who rested on the seventh, who is holy, who sanctifies us, and who leads us out of bondage, so the way to believe in the truth of these things is by keeping the 7th day holy while the way to bear false witness against the truth of those things is by not keeping the 7th day holy. So the fourth commandment is connected with the ninth commandment against bearing false witness and is to our relationship with God what the ninth commandment is to our relationship with our neighbor.

Christ walked in obedience to God's law, including keeping the 7th day holy, and in 1 John 2:6, those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked, so we should testify about the rest that we have in Christ by keeping the 7th day holy rather than bearing false witness against the rest that we have in Christ.
Seven is complete. Jesus actually spent a Sabbath day in the grave. Complete. He rose on the first day and that is the day Christians typically celebrate the Gentile day of resting from work and corporate worship of God. The day of the risen Lord. Complete. Jesus fulfilled all of the old covenant and it as new day, a new covenant. The Gentiles were never in that covenant and were never under that Law. Believing Jews are no longer under it, it does not exist anymore as a land grant covenant that it was. And I do not speak of obedience to God as to being fulfilled for a creatures are always duty bound to their Creator. It is that relationship that is being restored in Christ. What has been fulfilled and is no longer in effect are the legal aspects.

Can you not recognize the difference between someone not following laws in regard to having period or giving birth because they are a man or someone picking and choosing not to follow a law because they don't want to follow it?
Can you not recognise the Mosaic Law was never given to make people right with God and your obedience to commands is not what pleases God?

Gal.3:1-9
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun with the Spirit, are you now ending with the flesh? 4 Did you experience so many things in vain?—if it really is in vain. 5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?
6 Thus Abraham “believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” 7 So you see that it is men of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9 So then, those who are men of faith are blessed with Abraham who had faith.

Picking or choosing is someone illegitimately choosing which laws to follow based upon what they want to do, not legitimately choosing to not follow a law that doesn't apply to the current conditions, such as with Jesus not following the laws in regard to giving birth or having a period because he was not a woman.
Soyeong, your speech here sounds a awful lot like the Pharisees speaking in the gospel. You are presenting a seemly sound argument, when in truth it is nothing more than a spin to attempt to get a person thinking the way you want them to think before poisoning their understanding with your lies.

If you want to accuse me picking and choosing, then you need to demonstrate that I don't have a legitimate reason for not following a particular law. If you want to accuse me of picking and choosing while I have a legitimate reason for not following a particular law, then there is nothing wrong with picking and choosing.
I do not know enough about you to accuse or excuse you~yet, by the fact you have said you do observe the dietary laws that were given strictly to the nation of Israel, and only to them, tells me that you will pick and chose at your discretion .

Question or two: Why do you observe those laws when they were only given to Israel and only until the time of reformation which reformation Christ brought with his religion/teachings over the Jews' religion?

Do you know that nothing from without man taken into his body can defile him" I assume you do know this truth~per Mark 7, etc.

Why did God give those dietary laws? If you do know then ask Peter! He now knows whereas before he did not know~until God reveal to him the very purpose of those dietary laws.

So, are you telling me that you do not eat sausage and pepperoni pizza? Then send them to me, I will.

Obedience to God's law has nothing to do with working to acquire rest. To use an analogy, we are not required to have exercised a certain amount first in order to become stronger as the result as if it were earned as a wage, but rather exercising is intrinsically the way to become stronger.
Hi thanks for the reply

To obey is better than sacrificing shadows.just as patience better than pride.

It is a work that God works in us to both reveal his will and empower dying mankind to perform it to his good pleasure . Yoked with him our daily sufferings is made lighter.

The Sabbath is the way to experience rest, not the way to earn it. Keeping the Sabbath holy testifies that there is a Creator who created the world in six days, who rested on the seventh, who is holy, who sanctifies us, and who saves us out of bondage, so if we believe in the truth of these things, then we will keep the Sabbath holy.

The word rest is not a time sensitive word

We can experience His eternal rest if we hear his voice and do not harden our hearts 24/7 . Mankind must learn how to mix faith the unseen things of God with the temporal shadows things seen

No mixing of faith (power) not rest (sabbath)

Hebrews King James Version4:1-2 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it

God can apply his death sentence to those who make the cerinimoinal sabbath a work they can perform like Aaron to sons that offer strange fire (self edifying) I did it it proves it.

One person waited till the day (7th) to prepare it gathering firewood rather than eat and share the gospel. Again a ceremonial shadow . . if every time a person added there personal touch and he killed them I doubt if any would survive .There would not be enough stones to cast

Number15: 31-36 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment,(ceremonial) that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him. And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

There is still the major problem that the Bible never refers to the categories of ceremonial or moral law and never lists which laws fit into which of those categories and the major problem of considering disobedience to any of God's commands to be moral. I could categorize God's laws based upon which part of the body is most commonly used to obey/disobey them, such as with the law against theft being a hand law, but the fact that I can do that does not establish that any of the authors of the Bible categorized God's laws in the same manner. So if I were to interpret the authors of the Bible as referring to the categories that I had created and were to create my own doctrine out of them, such as saying that hand laws were designed to comfort those who display them, then I would still be making far less of an error than you are because I would not be suggesting that it can be moral to disobey God.
All of the ceremonial laws as shadows pointed ahead to the glory the finished work. Every piece of furniture or element Gold. . precious stones veil to represent circumcision has a unseen value of the suffering of Christ beforehand

Remember we receive the end of his eternal rest from the beginning

1 Peter 1: 9-11 Receiving the end of your faith, (christ in us) even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Did the glory follow and shadows disappear?

Soyeong, your speech here sounds a awful lot like the Pharisees speaking in the gospel. You are presenting a seemly sound argument, when in truth it is nothing more than a spin to attempt to get a person thinking the way you want them to think before poisoning their understanding with your lies.
While Jesus had cause to criticize some Pharisees for their pride and hypocrisy, that does not mean that is something inherently wrong with sounding like a Pharisee. Not being a woman is a legitimate reasons to not follow the laws that were specifically given to women, so there are legitimate reasons for not follow a particular law that James 2:1-11 is not addressing while picking and choosing is an illegitimate reason for not following a particular law. I think that this is an important distinction, so I'm not spinning anything and I don't have a motivation for having people think the way that I want them to think other than that I think that it is true. If you want to accuse me of "poisoning people's understanding with my lies", then please demonstrate where I have spoken deceitfully or apologize. In Psalms 119:142, the Mosaic Law is truth, so my goal is to lead people to follow what Scripture says is truth.

I do not know enough about you to accuse or excuse you~yet, by the fact you have said you do observe the dietary laws that were given strictly to the nation of Israel, and only to them, tells me that you will pick and chose at your discretion .

Question or two: Why do you observe those laws when they were only given to Israel and only until the time of reformation which reformation Christ brought with his religion/teachings over the Jews' religion?

Do you know that nothing from without man taken into his body can defile him" I assume you do know this truth~per Mark 7, etc.

Why did God give those dietary laws? If you do know then ask Peter! He now knows whereas before he did not know~until God reveal to him the very purpose of those dietary laws.

So, are you telling me that you do not eat sausage and pepperoni pizza? Then send them to me, I will.
Covenants give terms for how two parties are to have a relationship with each other and the Mosaic Covenant is often described in terms of being a marriage relationship between God and Israel, so while the Mosaic Law was given to Israel, it was given to them for the purpose of teaching them how to have a intimate relationship with the God of Israel. Moreover, the Mosaic Law was given to Israel for the purpose of equipping them to be a light and a blessing to the nations by turning the nations from their wickedness and teaching them to obey in accordance the promise and with the Gospel, so the Mosaic Law is available for anyone who want to know how to have an intimate relationship with the God of Israel.

It is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20), so the Mosaic Law is also for everyone who is obligated to refrain from sin. The time of the reformation refers to when there will be a new heaven and a new earth in Revelation 21. Christ did not teach against Judaism, but rather he set a sinless example for us to follow of how to practice Judaism by walking in sinless obedience to the Mosaic Law, and we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6).

In 1 Peter 1:16, we are instructed to be holy as God is holy, which is a quote from Leviticus where God was giving instructions for how to do that, which includes refraining from eating unclean animals (Leviticus 11:44-45), so God gave those instructions in order to teach us how to know Him through living in a way that testifies about His eternal holiness. In 1 Peter 2:9-10, Gentiles are included as part of God's chosen people, a holy. nation, a royal priesthood, and a treasure of God's own possession, which are terms used to describe Israel (Deuteronomy 7:6), so Gentiles also have the delight of getting to obey the instructions that God gave to Israel for how to fulfill those roles. It is contradictory for a Gentile to want to become part of a holy nation while wanting nothing to do with following God's instructions for how to live as part of a holy nation.

In Acts 10:11-15, Peter said that he had never eaten anything that was common (koinon) or unclean (akatharton) and while both Greek words refer to a type of impurity or defilement, they have distinct meanings which is why Paul used both word, so the Bible does not use them interchangeably. "Akatharton" is consistently used in regard to eating unclean animals while "koinon" is used specifically in context of man-made ritual purity laws. Peter could have chosen to obey God's command in his vision by eating one of the clean animals, so the key to correctly understanding the point that God was making is understanding why he refused to do what the Mosaic Law permitted him to do.

In Matthew 15:20, Jesus said that we are not made common by eating bread with unwashed hands, so they were not discussing the issue of what things are acceptable to eat, but about whether someone is defiled by eating with unwashed hands. In Mark. 7:6-13, Jesus criticized the Pharisees as being hypocrites for setting aside the commands of God, so he should not be interpret as turning around and even more hypocritically doing what he just finished criticizing the Pharisees as being hypocrites for doing. You should be quicker to think that you must have misunderstood Jesus than to think that is makes perfect sense to interpret him as speaking against obeying the Father.

So yes, I do not eat sausage and pepperoni pizza. Sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4) and God's law instructs to refrain from eating unclean animals (Leviticus 11, Deuteronomy 14).

Can you not recognise the Mosaic Law was never given to make people right with God and your obedience to commands is not what pleases God?
I agree that we are not required to have first obeyed the Mosaic Law first in order to become right with God as the result as if it were earned as a wage because that was never the goal of why we should obey it. Faith is what please God that the faith by which we are made righteous apart from having first obeyed God's law does not remove our obligation to practice righteousness sin obedience to it, but rather our faith upholds it (Romans 3:28-31).

While it is true that Abraham believed God, so he was counted as righteous (Genesis 15:6, Galatians 3:6), it is also true that he believe God, so he obeyed God's command to offer Isaac (Hebrews 11:17), so the same faith by which he was justified was also expressed as obedience to God, but he did not earn his justification as a way as the result of having first obeyed God (Romans 4:1-5). In James 2:21-24, it quotes Genesis 15:6 to support saying that Abraham was justified by his works when he offered Isaac, that his faith as active along with his works, and his faith completed his works, so he was justified and please God by his works insofar as they were an expression of his faith, but not insofar as they were earning a wage.

Gal.3:1-9
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun with the Spirit, are you now ending with the flesh? 4 Did you experience so many things in vain?—if it really is in vain. 5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?
6 Thus Abraham “believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” 7 So you see that it is men of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9 So then, those who are men of faith are blessed with Abraham who had faith.
In Acts 5:32, the Spirit has been given to those obey God, so obedience to God is part of the way to receive the Spirit, however, Galatians 3:1-5 denies that that we can receive the Spirit by obeying "works of the law", therefore that phrase does not refer to obedience to God. In Romans 3:27-31, Paul contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, so works of the law are of works while he said that our faith upholds God's law, so it is of faith, and a law that our faith upholds can't be referring to the same thing as the works of the law that are not of faith in Galatians 3:10-11.

In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and God's law was how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel message, which is in accordance with Jesus being sent in fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26), which is the Gospel that was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise (Galatians 3:8), and which he preached to Gentiles in Haran in accordance with the promise (Genesis 12:1-5). In Psalms 119:1-3, God's law is how the children of Abraham knew how to be blessed by walking in God's way, and in John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works as him, so the way that the children of Abraham are multiplied and are a blessing to the nations in accordance with inhering the promise through faith is not by having many physical descendants, but through turning the nations from their wickedness and teaching them to do the same works as Abraham by walking in God's way in obedience to His law.

So yes, I do not eat sausage and pepperoni pizza. Sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4) and God's law instructs to refrain from eating unclean animals (Leviticus 11, Deuteronomy 14).
Do not call unclean what God has made clean. (Acts 10:9-15)

Gentiles were made "clean" without the Mosaic law.

I agree that we are not required to have first obeyed the Mosaic Law first in order to become right with God
And yet you persist in adding it to your faith. The Mosaic law was given to lead to Christ so that our rest, our vitality, our righteousness could be found in Him. It is so incredibly sad when Christians think they have to add something to Christ's work in order to please God the Father. If you are a Jew brought up under the customs of Mosaic law I could understand to some degree but if you are a Gentile? Just so sad. 😥

Do not call unclean what God has made clean. (Acts 10:9-15)

Gentiles were made "clean" without the Mosaic law.
Act 10:14-15 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.”

There is an important difference between what you said and what the voice said. Peter did not just object by saying that he had never eaten anything unclean, but also added that he had never eaten anything that is common, and the voice did not rebuke Peter for referring to what God has made clean as being unclean, but only rebuked him for referring to what God has made clean as being common. In other word, Peter correctly identified the unclean animals as unclean and correctly knew that he was not permitted to eat them in obedience to Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14, but he had incorrectly identified the clean animals as common and had incorrectly declined to eat them in disobedience to God's command to kill and eat. Peter interpreted his vision three times as being in regard to incorrectly identifying Gentile without saying a word about now being able to eat unclean animals, so his vision had nothing to do with a change in their status. In

And yet you persist in adding it to your faith. The Mosaic law was given to lead to Christ so that our rest, our vitality, our righteousness could be found in Him. It is so incredibly sad when Christians think they have to add something to Christ's work in order to please God the Father. If you are a Jew brought up under the customs of Mosaic law I could understand to some degree but if you are a Gentile? Just so sad. 😥
The fact that we do not earn our righteousness as a wage as the result of obeying God does not mean that we are not obligated to obey God. While we become righteous by faith apart from being required to have first practiced righteousness as though it could be earned as wage, becoming someone who is righteous by faith means becoming someone who practiced righteousness in obedience to the Mosaic Law by the same faith, which is why the faith by which we are declared righteous apart from having first practiced righteousness does not abolish our need to practice righteousness in obedience to God's law, but rather our faith upholds it (Romans 3:28-31).

In Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so the Mosaic Law leads us to Christ because it teaches us to know him, which is the way that our rest, vitality, and righteousness are found in him. The Mosaic Law is God's word and Christ is the embodiment of God's word expressed through living in sinless obedience to it, so embodying God's word is the way to have faith in the one who is the embodiment of God's word.

In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is not adding something something to Christ's work, but rather it the way to believe in Christ's work (Acts 21:20) while returning to the lawlessness that he gave himself to redeem us from is the way to reject his work. It is not sad to rely on God by relying on what He has instructed in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow. Following Christ is not just for Jews, but for Gentiles too.

The fact that we do not earn our righteousness as a wage as the result of obeying God does not mean that we are not obligated to obey God.
It seems to continue going straight over your head. It is Christ's work upon which we rely. It is His obedience to the law that satisfied the Father. Your obedience to the Law means nothing. It does not do a thing for you in terms of building character nor does it impress/please the Father. By continuing to insist you must obey the Mosaic Law you are insulting the work of Christ who died for us. It is His life and work within us that has the value. We must learn to rest in that. It is no longer we who live but Christ in us. (Gal.2:20) The good works that God has prepared for us are not works of the Law. They are works of love, given freely and impartially to all and especially to the brethren. (Jm.2:8) James makes this clear throughout his letter while Paul makes it clear works of the Law avail nothing.

I pray your eyes be enlightened. 🙏

There is an important difference between what you said and what the voice said. Peter did not just object by saying that he had never eaten anything unclean, but also added that he had never eaten anything that is common, and the voice did not rebuke Peter for referring to what God has made clean as being unclean, but only rebuked him for referring to what God has made clean as being common. In other word, Peter correctly identified the unclean animals as unclean and correctly knew that he was not permitted to eat them in obedience to Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14, but he had incorrectly identified the clean animals as common and had incorrectly declined to eat them in disobedience to God's command to kill and eat. Peter interpreted his vision three times as being in regard to incorrectly identifying Gentile without saying a word about now being able to eat unclean animals, so his vision had nothing to do with a change in their status. In
The word Sabbath is not a time sensitive word. Mankind as a oral traditions have taken the word rest and turned it into something we must do as a work

The unclean are the certain animals used to represent the un-redeemed .Like the Ass unredeemed. This shows a us God is not served by human hands neither Jew nor gentile

The gospel hid in the parable below

Exodus 13:13And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.

Exodus 34:20But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

It seems to continue going straight over your head. It is Christ's work upon which we rely. It is His obedience to the law that satisfied the Father. Your obedience to the Law means nothing. It does not do a thing for you in terms of building character nor does it impress/please the Father. By continuing to insist you must obey the Mosaic Law you are insulting the work of Christ who died for us. It is His life and work within us that has the value. We must learn to rest in that. It is no longer we who live but Christ in us. (Gal.2:20) The good works that God has prepared for us are not works of the Law. They are works of love, given freely and impartially to all and especially to the brethren. (Jm.2:8) James makes this clear throughout his letter while Paul makes it clear works of the Law avail nothing.

In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is the way to rely upon Christ's work while returning to the lawlessness tha he gave us from is the way to insult Christ's work. All throughout Bible, God wanted HIs people to repent and to return to obedience to His law, and even Jesus began his ministry with that Gospel message, but this would not be the case if our obedience means nothing. God's law could not accurately be described as being holy, righteous, and good, and so forth if it were not God's instructions for how to build His character traits. Jesus lived in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so that is also the way that we live when he is living within us and obedience to it is the way to rest in that. In 2 Timothys 3:15-17, everything spoken by God is profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped to do every good work, so God's law is His instructions for how to equip us to do every good work, which are good works that God has prepared in advance for us. In Matthew 22:36-40, Jesus summarized the Mosaic Law as being about how to love God and our neighbor. James 2:8 say that it is doing well, not that it avails nothin. The Law of God is exceedingly precious (Psalms 19:7-11). Paul delighted in obeying the Mosaic Law (Romans 7:22).

All throughout Bible,
The Mosaic Law is not all throughout the Bible. "Adam to Abraham" never had the Mosaic Law. It was only given to Israel. Paul did not preach the keeping of the Mosaic law, he preached Christ crucified.
so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is the way to rely upon Christ's work
I understand this is what you think but it is not the Christian way to walk. Again I say, the Law was not designed to equip us for good works but to point us to the One who is the good work of God. You are falling into the same error the Pharisees made. The Law is powerless to make us good. Your keeping of the Law does nothing for you.

But, I see you won't see it otherwise so let it be unto you according to your faith.

The Mosaic Law is not all throughout the Bible. "Adam to Abraham" never had the Mosaic Law. It was only given to Israel.
All of God's righteous laws are eternal (Psalms 119:160). In Genesis 4:7, God told Cain that sin was crouching at the door and that he must master it, which implies that he already knew what sin is and was already given laws in that regard. In Genesis 7:2, Noah was told what to do with clean and unclean animals without being told how to tell the difference, and in 8:20, he knew to offer a clean animal, so he must have already been given laws in that regard. In Genesis 26:5, Abraham heard God's voice and guarded His commandments, statutes, and laws. In Genesis 39:9, Jospeh knew that it was a sin to commit adultery.

Paul did not preach the keeping of the Mosaic law, he preached Christ crucified.
Preaching Christ crucified is preaching to keep the Mosaic Law (Titus 2:14).

I understand this is what you think but it is not the Christian way to walk.
Christ set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law and we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22), that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6), and to be imitators of Paul as he is an imitator of Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1). Why does it make sense to you to think that being a follower of Christ involves refusing to follow Christ?

Again I say, the Law was not designed to equip us for good works but to point us to the One who is the good work of God.
According to 2 Timothy 3:15-17, God's law is God's instructions to equip us to do every good work.

You are falling into the same error the Pharisees made. The Law is powerless to make us good. Your keeping of the Law does nothing for you.
The Mosaic Law was not given for the purpose of making us good, but that does not mean that there is no value in keeping it or that we shouldn't keep it for the purposes for which it was given. In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and the Mosaic Law is how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel message, so if there was no value in keeping the Mosaic Law, then there is also no value in repentance or in the Gospel message, but that is not the case.

Marking this so I can post on it later.

All of God's righteous laws are eternal (Psalms 119:160).
This passage does not say the Mosaic Law is eternal which is what we are talking about. Keeping the Sabbath, the dietary laws, tithing and the festivals etc that pertain to the Mosaic Law have no place in the Christian way of life. To insist this is how a Christian must live is to become as the Judaizers which Paul roundly condemned.

Psalm 119:160
The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

Preaching Christ crucified is preaching to keep the Mosaic Law (Titus 2:14).
No it is not. The law we are under now is variously called the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (Rom.8:2), the Law of Christ (Gal.6:2) or the Law of Love (Gal.5:14). It is not the Mosaic Law. We do not live by "don't eat this or don't do that", we live by grace through faith in the One who died for us. Christ ends the Law of Moses for it's very purpose was to lead to Christ. This is why Christ is the fulfillment.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

According to 2 Timothy 3:15-17, God's law is God's instructions to equip us to do every good work.
This is not saying the Mosaic Law equips us for every good work. It is talking about the scriptures, the word of God. Christ is the word. It is Christ in whom lies the power to produce good in us, not the law. The law is powerless to make one righteous and good.

2Tim.3:15-17
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Romans 8:3
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

The Mosaic Law was not given for the purpose of making us good, but that does not mean that there is no value in keeping it or that we shouldn't keep it for the purposes for which it was given.
It was given to lead you to Christ. Are you in Christ? You have already arrived. You're like a man hoarding bus tickets after he has arrived at his destination. It serves you no purpose now. Now we turn our hearts to grace and truth, learning to walk by means of the Spirit living in accordance with the highest law, the law of love, a law far harder to keep than the Mosaic law.

This passage does not say the Mosaic Law is eternal which is what we are talking about. Keeping the Sabbath, the dietary laws, tithing and the festivals etc that pertain to the Mosaic Law have no place in the Christian way of life. To insist this is how a Christian must live is to become as the Judaizers which Paul roundly condemned.

Psalm 119:160
The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
The Hebrew word "mishpatim" refers to laws in regard to righteousness and justice. God's righteousness is eternal (Psalms 119:142), therefore all of His instructions for how to testify about His righteousness and justice are also eternal (Psalms 119:160). Likewise, God's holiness is eternal, therefore all of His instructions for how to testify about HIs holiness are also eternal, and so forth for other aspects of God's nature. In 1 Peter 1:16, we are told to be holy for God is holy, which is a quote from Leviticus where God was giving instructions for how to do that, which includes keeping God's Sabbaths holy (Leviticus 19:2-3) and refraining from eating unclean animals (Leviticus 11:44-45), so by following those eternal instructions we are testifying about God's eternal holiness. Our good works testify about God's eternal goodness, which is why they bring glory to Him (Matthew 5:16) and so forth. It would be contradictory if God's nature were eternal while the way to testify about His nature were not.

Christ set a sinless example for us to follow of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law and we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6). Being a Christian is about about walking in Christ's example and it is absurd to think that that has no place in the Christian life or to to think that the problem that Paul had with the Judaizers was that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ.

No it is not. The law we are under now is variously called the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (Rom.8:2), the Law of Christ (Gal.6:2) or the Law of Love (Gal.5:14). It is not the Mosaic Law. We do not live by "don't eat this or don't do that", we live by grace through faith in the One who died for us. Christ ends the Law of Moses for it's very purpose was to lead to Christ. This is why Christ is the fulfillment.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
The Spirit is God and the Law of Moses was given by God, so you are giving no basis for thinking that the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is not the Law of Moses, especially when Christ spent his ministry teaching us how to obey the Law of Moses by word and by example. The greatest two commandments of the Mosaic Law are to love God and our neighbor, so obeying those commandments is not doing something other than obeying the Law of Moses. In Psalms 119:29-30, he wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey the Law of Moses, and he chose the way of faithfulness by setting it before him, so that has always been the one and only way to live by grace through faith in the one who died for us. In Psalms 119:142, the Mosaic Law is truth, so grace and truth came through Jesus because he spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example. In John 1:16-17, is says grace upon grace, so it is speaking about one example of grace being added on top of another and there is no "but" in Greek in John 1:17.

In Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so the Mosaic Law leads us to Christ because knowing him through experiencing his nature is the goal of the law. The Mosaic Law does not lead us to Christ so that we can then reject everything that he taught and go back to living in sin. In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said that he came to fulfill the Mosaic Law in contrast with saying that he did not come to abolish it and he warned against relaxing the least part of it, so saying that he ended it is calling him a liar and disregarding his warning. Moreover, in Romans 3:31, Paul confided that our faith does not abolish God's law, but rather our faith upholds it, yet you are seeking to abolish it instead of seeking to uphold it through faith. Eternal instructions for how to testify about God's eternal nature can't be abolished without first abolishing God. If you believe in the existence of the God of Israel, whose nature is testified about by the Law of Moses, then you will live in way that testifies about Him by obeying it.

This is not saying the Mosaic Law equips us for every good work. It is talking about the scriptures, the word of God. Christ is the word. It is Christ in whom lies the power to produce good in us, not the law. The law is powerless to make one righteous and good.

2Tim.3:15-17
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Romans 8:3
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,
"All Scriptures" is at the very the very least inclusive of the Mosaic Law if not primarily referring to it. In 2 Timothy 3:15-17, Paul referred to Holy Scriptures that Timothy had available to him from childhood, which could only be referring to OT Scriptures because none of the books of the NT had yet been written at the time of Timothy's childhood. The things that OT Scriptures are profitable for are all in regard to our conduct and the code of conduct in OT Scriptures is the Mosaic Law. So the the Mosaic Law is God's instructions for how to do good works, not for how become good, but rather it is God who makes us good and doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic is what that looks like.

The Mosaic Law is truth (Psalms 119:142), the sum of God's word is truth (Psalms 119:142), God's word became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:14), and he is truth (John 14:6), so he set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic. The Mosaic Law is God's word, so the way to be saved through faith in the one who is the embodiment of God's word is by us embodying God's word through following his example.

In Romans 8:3-4, Jesus set us free from sin so that we might be free to obey the Mosaic Law and meet its righteous requirement. In Romana 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh who are enemies of God who refuse to submit to the Mosaic Law.

It was given to lead you to Christ. Are you in Christ? You have already arrived. You're like a man hoarding bus tickets after he has arrived at his destination. It serves you no purpose now. Now we turn our hearts to grace and truth, learning to walk by means of the Spirit living in accordance with the highest law, the law of love, a law far harder to keep than the Mosaic law.
The Mosaic Law leads us to Christ because it was given for the purpose of teaching us how to know him through experiencing his nature, which is eternal life (John 17:3), and which is why those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he did (1 John 2:6), which was in obedience to the Mosaic Law. The purpose of the Mosaic Law teaching us how to be in Christ and have a relationship with Christ is so that we will then spent our life growing in a relationship with Him, not so that we will then reject him and go back to doing what it reveals to be sin. God is gracious to us by teaching us to obey the Mosaic Law and the Mosaic Law is truth and is the way to walk in the Spirit, so you are arguing in favor of turning away from that.

Christ set a sinless example for us to follow of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law and we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6). Being a Christian is about about walking in Christ's example and it is absurd to think that that has no place in the Christian life or to to think that the problem that Paul had with the Judaizers was that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ.
His example was to walk in the filling of the Spirit in accordance with the truth. That is how we are to walk as Christians. As a Jew he was commanded to walk according to the Mosaic Law but that is not what made Him righteous nor were they laws ever given to Gentiles. Paul ought to know as he was apostle to the Gentiles and he never taught Gentiles to follow the Mosaic law. Indeed, Paul constantly wrestled with those who wanted the Gentiles to follow the Law just like you are trying to make us do. Even Peter recognised it was not necessary, but James, knowing there would always be those who insisted on their own way, gave a few rules as a compromise to appease them. You can read all about it in Acts 15:5-21.

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming (a reference to the coming Church) and has now come (a reference to His own walk) when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

What's absurd is to read all Paul's letters and think he taught the Gentiles to follow Christ by keeping the Mosaic Law. Paul lived by grace and taught others to live by grace. There is no law that can define such a life except love.

Have a nice day as there is no more to be said.

His example was to walk in the filling of the Spirit in accordance with the truth. That is how we are to walk as Christians.
Indeed, the Spirit has the role of leading us in truth (John 16:13), the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law (Ezekiel 36:26-27), and the Mosaic Law is truth (Psalms 119:142), so that is how we are to walk as Christians and worship God in spirit and in truth.

As a Jew he was commanded to walk according to the Mosaic Law but that is not what made Him righteous nor were they laws ever given to Gentiles.
Indeed, while the only to become righteous is by faith apart from being required to have first obeyed the Mosaic Law as if our righteousness could be earned as a wage, becoming someone who is righteous through faith means becoming someone who practices righteousness in obedience to God's law through faith, which is why the faith by which we are declared righteous apart from having first done works does not abolish our need to practice righteousness in obedience to the Mosaic Law, but rather our faith upholds it (Romans 3:28-31). Jesus did not become righteous by obeying the Mosaic Law, but rather the fact that he was righteous means that he practiced righteousness in obedience to it.

God's law was given to Jews in order to equip Jews to be a light and a blessing to the Gentiles by turning then from their wickedness and teaching them to obey it in accordance with the promise and with spreading the Gospel.

Paul ought to know as he was apostle to the Gentiles and he never taught Gentiles to follow the Mosaic law. Indeed, Paul constantly wrestled with those who wanted the Gentiles to follow the Law just like you are trying to make us do. Even Peter recognised it was not necessary, but James, knowing there would always be those who insisted on their own way, gave a few rules as a compromise to appease them. You can read all about it in Acts 15:5-21.
Paul taught Gentiles to repent from their sins in accordance with the promise and spreading the Gospel and the Mosaic Law is how we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so Paul Gentiles to obey it (Romans 15:18-19). Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example and the Jerusalem Council should not be interpreted as ruling that Gentiles shouldn't follow Christ. Paul's problem with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ, but that that they were wanting to require Gentiles to have first obeyed works of the law in order to become justified. When God has commanded something and you think that the Jerusalem Council ruled against obeying what God has commanded, then it should not be difficult for you to determine who has the higher authority and which one we should follow, though the reality is that the Jerusalem Council were servants of God who never taught anyone to rebel against what He has commanded.

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming (a reference to the coming Church) and has now come (a reference to His own walk) when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

What's absurd is to read all Paul's letters and think he taught the Gentiles to follow Christ by keeping the Mosaic Law. Paul lived by grace and taught others to live by grace. There is no law that can define such a life except love.

Have a nice day as there is no more to be said.
In Psalms 119:29, he wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey the Mosaic Law, so that is the way to live by grace. In Matthew 22:36-40, Jesus summarize the Mosaic Law as being about how to love God and our neighbor, so it is the Law of Love.

It is not absurd to interpret servants of God as teaching that we should obey what God has commanded in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow, but rather what is absurd is interpreting servants of God as teaching us to rebel against Him. In Deuteronomy 13:4-5, God did not give His people any room to follow anyone who speaks against following what He has commanded. The bottom line is that we must obey God rather than man, so we should be quicker to disregard everything that man has said than to disregard anything that God has commanded.

Have a nice day.

Indeed, the Spirit has the role of leading us in truth (John 16:13), the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law (Ezekiel 36:26-27), and the Mosaic Law is truth (Psalms 119:142), so that is how we are to walk as Christians and worship God in spirit and in truth.

Indeed, while the only to become righteous is by faith apart from being required to have first obeyed the Mosaic Law as if our righteousness could be earned as a wage, becoming someone who is righteous through faith means becoming someone who practices righteousness in obedience to God's law through faith, which is why the faith by which we are declared righteous apart from having first done works does not abolish our need to practice righteousness in obedience to the Mosaic Law, but rather our faith upholds it (Romans 3:28-31). Jesus did not become righteous by obeying the Mosaic Law, but rather the fact that he was righteous means that he practiced righteousness in obedience to it.

God's law was given to Jews in order to equip Jews to be a light and a blessing to the Gentiles by turning then from their wickedness and teaching them to obey it in accordance with the promise and with spreading the Gospel.

Paul taught Gentiles to repent from their sins in accordance with the promise and spreading the Gospel and the Mosaic Law is how we have knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20), so Paul Gentiles to obey it (Romans 15:18-19). Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example and the Jerusalem Council should not be interpreted as ruling that Gentiles shouldn't follow Christ. Paul's problem with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ, but that that they were wanting to require Gentiles to have first obeyed works of the law in order to become justified. When God has commanded something and you think that the Jerusalem Council ruled against obeying what God has commanded, then it should not be difficult for you to determine who has the higher authority and which one we should follow, though the reality is that the Jerusalem Council were servants of God who never taught anyone to rebel against what He has commanded.

In Psalms 119:29, he wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey the Mosaic Law, so that is the way to live by grace. In Matthew 22:36-40, Jesus summarize the Mosaic Law as being about how to love God and our neighbor, so it is the Law of Love.

It is not absurd to interpret servants of God as teaching that we should obey what God has commanded in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow, but rather what is absurd is interpreting servants of God as teaching us to rebel against Him. In Deuteronomy 13:4-5, God did not give His people any room to follow anyone who speaks against following what He has commanded. The bottom line is that we must obey God rather than man, so we should be quicker to disregard everything that man has said than to disregard anything that God has commanded.

Have a nice day.
It seems you didn't bother reading Acts 15. I'll summarise it for you.

Jewish disciples: "we should teach the Gentiles to obey the Laws of Moses".
Peter: "No, we should not".

Back