• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Conversion To Catholicism

John 3:14-15 . . Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of
Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

The incident to which Christ referred is located at Num 21:5-9.

Long story short: Moses' people became weary of living in the desert and eating
manna all the time at every meal. But instead of courteously, and diplomatically,
petitioning their divine benefactor for tastier food and better accommodations, they
became hostile and confrontational.

In response to their insolence; God sent a swarm of extremely poisonous snakes
among them; which began striking people; and every strike was 100% fatal, no
exceptions. In no time at all, much people of Israel died. Then those not yet dead
got nervous and appealed to Moses for help. In reply; God instructed Moses to
construct a replica of the beasts and hoist it up on a pole in plain view so that
everyone dying from snake bite could look to it for an antidote.

Now the key issue here is that the replica, lifted up, was the only God-given
remedy for the people's fatal condition-- not purity, not sacrifices and offerings, not
tithing, not church attendance, not missionary work, not sacraments, not holy days
of obligation, not the Sabbath, not charity, not good deeds, not good behavior, not
piety, not scapulars, not Bible study and Sunday school, not catechism or yeshiva,
not rosaries, not the Wailing Wall, not one's religion of choice, not self denial and/or
self control, not the so-called golden rule, not vows of poverty and/or chastity, not
the Ten Commandments, not the Eucharist; no, none of that. The replica, lifted up,
was it; viz: it was all or nothing at all-- there were no exceptions and no other
options. Whoever failed to look to that replica ended up dead.

In other words then: Christ, lifted up on the cross to satisfy justice for the sins of
the world, is the only God-given escape from punishment in the lake of fire depicted
by Rev 20:11-15 wherein people will be executed by a mode of death akin to a
foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

FAQ: How does one go about availing themselves of Christ's crucifixion?

REPLY: The best way is to RSVP God and tell Him-- in your own words --that you've
thus far failed to satisfy His expectations, and you're pretty sure you never will.
Then simply tell Him you would like to take advantage of His son's crucifixion to
avoid the consequences of your chronic impiety.

They say silence is golden but in this case silence could be terminal; so get this
benefit locked in now, while it's on the table; and for God's sake don't take it for
granted that He'll come around every so often to remind you 'cause He's not
obligated.
_

John 6:53 . . Truly, Truly, I say to you: unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man
and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

The kind of life Jesus spoke of isn't normal, rather, it's eternal.

John 6:54 . . He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life

Note the grammatical tense of his statement-- it's present tense rather than future;
indicating that folks who've correctly dine upon Jesus' flesh and blood have eternal
life right now-- no delay and no waiting period.

FAQ: If so, then why do Jesus' followers die the same as everybody else?

REPLY: Eternal life and immortality are not the same. The one pertains to a body
that's impervious to death whereas the other pertains to a nature that's impervious
to death; the reason being that eternal life is the life of God, who always was,
always is, and always shall be. (1John 1:1-2)

I once heard of a preacher going around saying "Millions alive today will never die"
while right behind him came another preacher saying "Millions alive today are
already dead". In a nutshell; according to John 6:53 it's possible to be dead on the
hoof and not know it because not all death is physical, i.e. there is a kind of death
that's metaphysical rotting the very core of our being.

Eph 2:1-5 . .You were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly
walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power
of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among
them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the
flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But
God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even
when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ.

We encounter people with eternal life practically every day. But we don't notice
because it's a kind of life not readily detected.

John 3:8 . .The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you
cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of
the Spirit.

Now the thing is: if true that eternal life is impervious to death, then it stands to
reason that folks shouldn't have to dine upon Jesus flesh and blood more than
once. The trick then is to partake of him correctly the first time and thus spare
one's self an endless succession of booster shots, so to speak.
_

St. Edmund Campion converted and was martyred by the Protestants under bloody Elizabeth!
Catholic faith was treason!

St. Edmund Campion converted and was martyred by the Protestants under bloody Elizabeth!
Catholic faith was treason!

Hi Don,

I would offer. .

Under the authority of a law of dying fathers they murdered and tortured' men and woman who would not get under the foundation of
Paganism (out of sight out of mind.) Like Cain burying Abel and when asked Cain . . I have no idea .. .where he is ? Why ask me? I cross my heart and hope to die. (LOL) The fool .

All of the right qualifications to be venerated by some, as a doctrine of dying puffed up mankind. ,

Acts 22:1-5 King James Version22 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you. (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day. And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women. As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.

Paul became #1 on most wanted dead or alive. Paul yielded the sword the Spirit of Christ our invisible head

Acts 24: 13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets ( Sola scriptura)

They fled the scene. Just like Satan in Mathew 4 when the father of lies performed a lying sign as a wonder . trying to make sola scriptura, as it is written to no efect .Three times our invisible head Christ gave words to his prophet Jesus ,. . . .as it is written again and again . Struck him out . he never saw it coming.

Mathew 4: 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.1 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Back