• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Case study of justified by the law: Water baptism that saves.

Ghada

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Scripture does not argue against the law, nor doing the works of the law, as some lawless Christians believe. Scripture only teaches against believing that we are not forgiven by the faith of Jesus Christ, until doing a work of His law.

Those who preach that water baptism commanded by Jesus is necessary to be forgiven of sins, are doing the same as believing Jews demanding flesh circumcison, else ye cannot be saved.

Gal 3:17And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Doing a work of law unto salvation, disannulls the promise of salvation through the faith of Jesus Christ. It makes having His Spirit by hearing of faith ineffectual to forgive and save the soul, until the believer is obediently water baptised.

Gal 3:2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Heb 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

I.e. Christ Himself is powerless to purge our sins, until a work of His law is done by hands of men. The hands of the Lord alone are not able to save souls, but He needs the hands of other men to do the baptizing necessary to forgive sins.

Isa 59:1Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Isa 50:2Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver?

The only man the Lord needs to save by His hand, is the man Christ Jesus, not any other man coming with power to save by circumcision, or by water baptism.

Act 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

Some such powerful baptizers limit the power of God to save, only to those believers confessing their water baptism.

Jas 1:18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

We are not born again by the water of the word by the will of Christ, until we are born again by the water of baptism by the will of the baptizer.

Rom 10:10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Any believer water baptised without confession of the baptizer's faith, are not forgiven of sins nor saved by confessing the Lord Jesus Christ through His faith.

The promise of birth by the seed of Christ forbids any convenant made by works, like that of circumcision, so that no man other than Jesus Christ Himself may have the great power of God to save souls.

Isa 50:2Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver?

He doesn't need, nor look, nor call for any great ones coming with their own hands necessary to save by water baptism.

Last edited:
Here are bullet points about justification by law and salvation by water baptism:

-Justification by law is disannulling salvation by the faith of Jesus Christ, until doing a work of law.
-Paul is not arguing against keeping the law, but only against doing a work of law, in order to be forgiven of sins and become sons of God.
-Commanding water baptism, else ye cannot be saved, is justification by law.
-Justification by law makes recieving the Son through faith of none effect, until doing a work of law.
-Christ did not send Paul to water baptise, but only to save by preaching the gospel. Paul thanked God for not baptising many newborn converts. The Lord spared His apostls from being caught up in the new schism made by commanding water baptism for salvation.
-Preaching against justification by law, is not preaching against the law. Preaching against salvation by water baptism, is not preaching against water baptism.
-Some Jews commanded flesh circumcision from law of Moses, else ye cannot be saved. Some Christians command water baptism from law of Christ, else ye cannot be saved.
-In Galatians, the argument is not about the difference between the law of Moses and the law of Christ. The argument is against commanding any work of any law, that is made necessary to be forgiven of sins and become sons of God by Jesus Christ.
-The commandments of the Lord are the law of the Lord. The commanded law of the Lord was first given by Moses for the OT. The commanded law of the Lord is now given by the apostles for the NT.
-Salvation by water baptism makes hands of men necessary to be saved, rather than Jesus Christ purging our old sins by Himself with hands of the Spirit.
-In the doctrine of baptisms, every Scripture on baptism is not by water. The Spirit's baptism and circumcision of Christ save and sanctify the heart and soul through faith in Christ Jesus, not by the commanded works of flesh circumcision nor water baptism.

Simply put: If salvation is by any work of law or faith, then recieving the Spirit of Christ by faith of hearing, is made of none effect, until a work of law and faith is accomplished. Justification by law forbids Jesus Christ purging our old sins, by Himself.

Heb 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Commanding any work with hands of men, else ye cannot be saved, demands other men have a hands-on part in being forgiven and saved by Jesus Christ, which is no longer by Himself from heaven, but now is only with the help of other men on earth.

Scripture does not argue against the law, nor doing the works of the law, as some lawless Christians believe. Scripture only teaches against believing that we are not forgiven by the faith of Jesus Christ, until doing a work of His law.

Those who preach that water baptism commanded by Jesus is necessary to be forgiven of sins, are doing the same as believing Jews demanding flesh circumcison, else ye cannot be saved.

Gal 3:17And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Doing a work of law unto salvation, disannulls the promise of salvation through the faith of Jesus Christ. It makes having His Spirit by hearing of faith ineffectual to forgive and save the soul, until the believer is obediently water baptised.

Gal 3:2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

I.e. Christ Himself is powerless to purge our sins, until a work of His law is done by hands of men. The hands of the Lord alone are not able to save souls, but He needs the hands of other men to do the baptizing necessary to forgive sins.

Isa 59:1Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

The only man the Lord needs to save by His hand, is the man Christ Jesus, not any other man coming with power to save by circumcision, or by water baptism.

Act 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

Some such powerful baptizers limit the power of God to save, only to those believers confessing their water baptism.

Jas 1:18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

We are not born again by the water of the word by the will of Christ, until we are born again by the water of baptism by the will of the baptizer.

Rom 10:10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Any believer water baptised without confession of the baptizer's faith, are not forgiven of sins nor saved by confessing the Lord Jesus Christ through His faith.

The promise of birth by the seed of Christ forbids any convenant made by works, like that of circumcision, so that no man other than Jesus Christ Himself may have the great power of God to save souls.

He doesn't need, nor look, nor call for any great ones coming with their own hands necessary to save by water baptism.
You can be saved prior to baptism. There are several accounts of people being saved prior to baptism.

You can be saved prior to baptism. There are several accounts of people being saved prior to baptism.
And none of people being saved by water baptism.

And none of people being saved by water baptism.
Nor was Jesus saved by water baptism, who fulfilled all righteousness by being the first Head and body of His church baptised with water.

Heb 2:17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 6:20Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Not only did He come in the same flesh and blood of all men, but His body was also water baptised like His brethren that believe on Him. Jesus was the forerunning example of all things, great and small, commanded to His church to follow.

1Pe 2:21For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Yes, it's the blood Christ that washes away our sins...not water.
The great error of salvation by doing a work of law, is that being washed In His blood by faith in Jesus Christ is made worthless, until the believer does a work of the law.

Salvation by works of law is salvation by law, not by having the Spirit promised through faith.

Doing the law is of course good, but compelling believers to do any work of law, in order to first become saved, is bad gospel. Else Christ died and rose again in vain. If we can be saved by faith in the law to do the works of the law, then there is no need to be purified in the heart.

We are first saved by faith in Jesus Christ, and then we begin doing His law the same way He did, with a pure heart washed by His blood and Spirit.

The great error of salvation by doing a work of law, is that being washed In His blood by faith in Jesus Christ is made worthless, until the believer does a work of the law.

Salvation by works of law is salvation by law, not by having the Spirit promised through faith.

Doing the law is of course good, but compelling believers to do any work of law, in order to first become saved, is bad gospel. Else Christ died and rose again in vain. If we can be saved by faith in the law to do the works of the law, then there is no need to be purified in the heart.

We are first saved by faith in Jesus Christ, and then we begin doing His law the same way He did, with a pure heart washed by His blood and Spirit.
Faith produces salvation and salvation produces works. Works doesn't produce salvation. The cults believe it does but the bible says otherwise. It's right there in Eph 2.

8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.

Faith produces salvation and salvation produces works. Works doesn't produce salvation. The cults believe it does but the bible says otherwise. It's right there in Eph 2.

8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.
True. And repentance is is granted with faith toward God to be saved from sins.

Acts{11:17} Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as [he did] unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? {11:18} When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Scripture does not argue against the law, nor doing the works of the law,
True. the LAW has two purposes - to regulate behavior, and to make SIN visible to us when we break it (which we all do).

Murdering somebody, still isn't a good idea, nor is stealing his stuff (including his wife).

The ISSUE that required Jesus is not "Forgiveness" (which doesn't require BLOOD, only being an act of the will (tearing up the I.O.U.).

Jesus' SIN OFFERING" eliminates the SIN ITSELF.

Yes, it's the blood Christ that washes away our sins...not water.

Blood represents the water of the word. The unseen work of Holy Spirit..

Either water or blood represent the unseen eternal things of Christ our husband. .

Living sacrifice (it is finished) show Spirit life was given .The corrupted blood must be poured out (useless)

Literal blood with out the spirit essence must be poured out so it can return to the field of clay

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

The ISSUE that required Jesus is not "Forgiveness" (which doesn't require BLOOD, only being an act of the will (tearing up the I.O.U.).
The issue with justification by works of the law, is that past sins are not forgiven by turning to the law, but by turning to the Lawgiver to be forgiven. The law does not forgive past transgressions. We cannot cover our past with present good. There is no statute of limitations with God's law. Remission of sins is a whole new clean start, with the past no longer remembered by God.

Heb 9:22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Heb 10:17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Men can forgive sins on earth, but remission of the past with God is by shedding of blood.

True. If we repent of His shed blood on earth.

Mat 1:21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Jhn 1:29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

1Jo 3:5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1Jo 3:8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

At the cross all that sin are made guilty of His death, but with His resurrection all that repent are washed clean.

Gal 3:22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom{11:32} For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 4:25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Last edited:
True. the LAW has two purposes - to regulate behavior, and to make SIN visible to us when we break it (which we all do).

Murdering somebody, still isn't a good idea, nor is stealing his stuff (including his wife).

Forgiveness (accounting term = cancellation of debt) is the result of faith in Jesus' atoning work for one's sin.

Sin creates a debt to justice, it is the debt that must be dealt with/paid.

Back