• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

A Case for Amillennialism

Josheb

Reformed Non-denominational
Reaction score
Faith
Yes
Marital status
Married with adult children
Politics
Conservative
"The Case for Amillennialism," by Kim Riddlebarger.

Riddlebarger's book is one of the best apologetics for Amillennialism there is (I personally like it better than Hoekema's "The Bible and the Future," and that's an excellent book) and one of the better books on eschatology from the Amil pov. Riddlebarger is an excellent exegete. If he cites a verse and the reader looks it up, then what the scripture states and what Riddlebarger claimed are likely to match (which is often not the case with Dispensationalist authors). His examination of this age and the age to come is very good, and he does a fair (if not wholly correct) job of separating partial-preterism from full-preterism, whereas most books on eschatology fail miserably at that. His treatment of Premillennialism in general and Historic Premillennialism in particular is fair, although his criticism of Dispensationalism is one Dispensational Premillennialist may find inaccurate. However, I first read this book when I was a Dispensationalist, and I was persuaded by the book as a whole to re-evaluate my beliefs and this book was one of the impetuses for my dive into reading every book on Dispensational Premillennialism I could lay my hands on. In the end I am persuaded to hold Riddlebarger in much higher esteem than Darby, Chafer, Pentecost, Ryrie, Walvoord, Ice, Vlach, and others. Although I do not agree with all of his conclusions, this is a book I read again and again and consult when contemplating end times.

Reactions: JIM
Can you read this book on line?

I gave my own library away to a young couple with six children, thought they could use it over many years. I had a very large one.... all hardbacks, etc.

Riddlebarger's book is one of the best apologetics for Amillennialism there is (I personally like it better than Hoekema's "The Bible and the Future," and that's an excellent book) and one of the better books on eschatology from the Amil pov. Riddlebarger is an excellent exegete. If he cites a verse and the reader looks it up, then what the scripture states and what Riddlebarger claimed are likely to match (which is often not the case with Dispensationalist authors). His examination of this age and the age to come is very good, and he does a fair (if not wholly correct) job of separating partial-preterism from full-preterism, whereas most books on eschatology fail miserably at that. His treatment of Premillennialism in general and Historic Premillennialism in particular is fair, although his criticism of Dispensationalism is one Dispensational Premillennialist may find inaccurate. However, I first read this book when I was a Dispensationalist, and I was persuaded by the book as a whole to re-evaluate my beliefs and this book was one of the impetuses for my dive into reading every book on Dispensational Premillennialism I could lay my hands on. In the end I am persuaded to hold Riddlebarger in much higher esteem than Darby, Chafer, Pentecost, Ryrie, Walvoord, Ice, Vlach, and others. Although I do not agree with all of his conclusions, this is a book I read again and again and consult when contemplating end times.
One thing I noticed first and foremost the importance he said that words have meaning and then defines eschatology. But does not define Israel especially not seeing all Israel is the born again Israel of God. Some remained a outward Jew according to the dying flesh. The inward born again Israel born of the Spirit seed Christ the husband. Whose praise is not of dying men, but of God. (Romans 2:27-29)

The Amil signified position using the temporal things seen a sign to give the gospel understanding not seen a parable. It seems to work the best . Called hidden manna in 2:17

Revelation 1:1King James Version1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it

One thing I noticed first and foremost the importance he said that words have meaning and then defines eschatology. But does not define Israel especially not seeing all Israel is the born again Israel of God.
Yes, I found that the failure to correctly identify and define Israel as scripture defines the word is a common lapse in eschatology.
Some remained a outward Jew according to the dying flesh. The inward born again Israel born of the Spirit seed Christ the husband. Whose praise is not of dying men, but of God. (Romans 2:27-29)

The Amil signified position using the temporal things seen a sign to give the gospel understanding not seen a parable. It seems to work the best . Called hidden manna in 2:17

Revelation 1:1King James Version1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it
This is the Book Reviews board, not the Eschatology - End Times and Prophecy board. Amillennial matters not specific to a review of this book can be addressed in the thread HERE.

I would recommend to you: "More than Conquerors" By, William Hendriksen.

I believe it is the best book (interpretation) on the subject.

I would recommend to you: "More than Conquerors" By, William Hendriksen.

I believe it is the best book (interpretation) on the subject.
@Josheb But you are right about, Riddlebarger's book is one of the best apologetics for Amillennialism there is. (y)

I would recommend to you: "More than Conquerors" By, William Hendriksen. I believe it is the best book (interpretation) on the subject.
Read it. It's a commentary of Revelation, not an Amillennial apologetic. It's good but I prefer Riddlebarger for that purpose. I have read many commentaries on Revelation. Maybe I'll post some reviews in this board.

Can you read this book on line?

I gave my own library away to a young couple with six children, thought they could use it over many years. I had a very large one.... all hardbacks, etc.
Nice. I bet you miss it though.

I'll have to a have look. Though I do have the book also.
Yup…I bought the book and because I did, I also have put the PDF into my Accordance Bible software, where the text is fully searchable and the scripture quotes are hyper links to whichever bible translations I choose.

Yup…I bought the book and because I did, I also have put the PDF into my Accordance Bible software, where the text is fully searchable and the scripture quotes are hyper links to whichever bible translations I choose.
Awesome!

There is a ton of public domain material available out there.
I have all the church fathers, Calvin, all of the confessions and church histories and much more as included modules I have accumulated over about 25 years as well as just about every translation in most languages and original texts.
Its really quite amazing and a huge blessing.

Credit goes to @David1701

Btw, you guys might want to visit the Adam and evolution thread because things are getting out of hand. The posts have been off topic for many pages but now they're getting personal.
I only found a link to a PDF. There's not much credit in that.

Back