• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Who is the Paraclete?

TonyChanYT

Sophomore
Reaction score
Know your Paraclete/Helper. I can sense God at all times, and when I do, I feel at peace regardless of what is happening around me.

Berean Study Bible John 14:

15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [G243] Helper [G3875 paraklétos Paraclete] to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.
G243 ἄλλον means another of the same kind. The Paraclete is like Jesus.

G3875 occurs five times in the New Testament, only in John's writings. Four instances are in the Gospel and one in the First Epistle.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

STRONGS NT 3875: παράκλητος
The word for "Paraclete" is passive in form: summoned, called to one's side, especially called to one's aid;
From παρα- (para-, “beside”) +‎ κλητός (klētós, “called, invited [one]”).

1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant; an advocate, an attorney
  2. universally, one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor
  3. in the widest sense, a helper, succorer, aider, assistant
Amplified Bible John 14:

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever
ESV John 14:

23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwell in a believer.

The term Paraclete is polysemantic. 1 John 2:

1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate [paraclete] with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
The Paraclete is with the Father and with us.

When the breath of life from God enters a baby in the womb, his soul is formed, and he becomes conscious. This breath of life becomes his human spirit. This is not the Paraclete. This is a detached breath from God.

Later in life, when he is born again, the Holy Spirit directly connects with his human spirit. Jesus called this the Paraclete. He is the Indwelling Spirit, Ephesians 2:

22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
The Paraclete is an extension of the Spirit that connects us. It is described as tongues of fire in Acts 2:3.

He is our anointing and guarantee, 2 Corinthians 1:

21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
2 Corinthians 13:

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Can’t you see for yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you actually fail the test?
The Paraclete is Jesus Christ in my heart.

The Paraclete is a branching out of the Holy Spirit. It tentacularly connects to the human spirits of all true believers born of the Spirit. He is like electric power extension cords (tongues of fire) from the Spirit connecting our human spirits individually.

In the broad sense, the Paraclete represents the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In the narrow sense, he is the spiritual/tentacular/branch connection from God to my human spirit.

Know your Paraclete/Helper. I can sense God at all times, and when I do, I feel at peace regardless of what is happening around me.

Berean Study Bible John 14:

G243 ἄλλον means another of the same kind. The Paraclete is like Jesus.

G3875 occurs five times in the New Testament, only in John's writings. Four instances are in the Gospel and one in the First Epistle.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

From παρα- (para-, “beside”) +‎ κλητός (klētós, “called, invited [one]”).

1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant; an advocate, an attorney
  2. universally, one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor
  3. in the widest sense, a helper, succorer, aider, assistant
Amplified Bible John 14:

ESV John 14:

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwell in a believer.

The term Paraclete is polysemantic. 1 John 2:

The Paraclete is with the Father and with us.

When the breath of life from God enters a baby in the womb, his soul is formed, and he becomes conscious. This breath of life becomes his human spirit. This is not the Paraclete. This is a detached breath from God.

Later in life, when he is born again, the Holy Spirit directly connects with his human spirit. Jesus called this the Paraclete. He is the Indwelling Spirit, Ephesians 2:

The Paraclete is an extension of the Spirit that connects us. It is described as tongues of fire in Acts 2:3.

He is our anointing and guarantee, 2 Corinthians 1:

2 Corinthians 13:

The Paraclete is Jesus Christ in my heart.

The Paraclete is a branching out of the Holy Spirit. It tentacularly connects to the human spirits of all true believers born of the Spirit. He is like electric power extension cords (tongues of fire) from the Spirit connecting our human spirits individually.

In the broad sense, the Paraclete represents the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In the narrow sense, he is the spiritual/tentacular/branch connection from God to my human spirit.

I would offer. .

A Paraclete ....a name as a attribute . "called to one's aid,"

The Son of man Jesus is not called a paraclete. . it was his aid when he cried out. . . . . Not by my will (powerless ) but your will Holy Father the invisible head as, Christ . .the one with (power) to raise the dead to new life and rebuke the father of lies .

Back