• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What is the Mark of the Beast on the Forehead vs the Hand?

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Revelation 14:9-10
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

The book of Revelation is a very symbolic book. In other words, it uses symbols to teach spiritual lessons. The use of the word hand is symbolic for our works and the forehead is symbolic for what we believe, because its the part of the mind where decisions takes place and moral choices are made. Those who are condemned in the end will either have the Mark of the Beast on their forehead or on their hand.

In other words, those who have the mark on their forehead will be worshiping the Beast and is Image which is with us today. They will stand up for the false worship of the apostate church and follow it by doing what it asks, or really are deceived and believe its false doctrines and teachings. Those who have the mark on their hand may not be truly worshiping the Beast but they follow it nonetheless, they may even be speak against some of its teaching or false worship, but their works will be in line with the beliefs and practices of the apostate church.

The context of the text reveals the difference between those who have the Mark of the Beast as they follow it and the Dragon behind it, and will find themselves losing eternal life, and those who follow God and His Law and will be in His kingdom. We see it in the words of Christ...

Matthew 19:16
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev. 14's "mark" is an OT reference. What does the OT say was on hand or forehead?

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

The book of Revelation is a very symbolic book. In other words, it uses symbols to teach spiritual lessons. The use of the word hand is symbolic for our works and the forehead is symbolic for what we believe, because its the part of the mind where decisions takes place and moral choices are made. Those who are condemned in the end will either have the Mark of the Beast on their forehead or on their hand.

In other words, those who have the mark on their forehead will be worshiping the Beast and is Image which is with us today. They will stand up for the false worship of the apostate church and follow it by doing what it asks, or really are deceived and believe its false doctrines and teachings. Those who have the mark on their hand may not be truly worshiping the Beast but they follow it nonetheless, they may even be speak against some of its teaching or false worship, but their works will be in line with the beliefs and practices of the apostate church.

The context of the text reveals the difference between those who have the Mark of the Beast as they follow it and the Dragon behind it, and will find themselves losing eternal life, and those who follow God and His Law and will be in His kingdom. We see it in the words of Christ...

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
When one looks at technology and current events the mark seem to be taking shape.

The mark will some sort of implant that one voluntarily takes that will interface with a world wide AI computer..."Quantum"...
The mark will be your "digital passport" ....for CBDC, credit system, travel, buying, selling, riding on public transportation..the whole gambit.

The technology is..my guess...is about 95% or higher here.

When one takes the mark.....their DNA will be changed so they are no longer consider made in the image of God but now re-made in the image of Satan....

But if your a christian there really is no worry about the mark as we won't be here. The pre-trib rapture will have already occurred.
If you find yourself becoming a believer in Jeus during the trib....now you know.

The pre-trib rapture will have already occurred.
The pre-tribulation rapture is a man-made myth taught in direct contradiction to what scripture plainly states.

Matthew 24:9, 20-21
Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.............. But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.

Revelation 7:13-14
Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?" I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Christians go through and come out of the great tribulation.

The pre-tribulation rapture is a man-made myth taught in direct contradiction to what scripture plainly states.
No, the pretribulation rapture is a biblical future happening.
Matthew 24:9, 20-21
Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.............. But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.
We see something like that happening in the current news today with the anti-Jew reprecussion from the Gaza war....then again this part of the verse is speaking of the events leading up to the rapture or actual tribulation....the birth pangs.

Verse 15 hasn't happened yet...15 So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation....and will happen after the temple is rebuilt.
Revelation 7:13-14
Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?" I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Christians go through and come out of the great tribulation.
Current christians will not go through the tribulation....the tribulation isn't for them. They will be raptured when Christ returns in the sky.
Now, that's not to say there will be those who become christians after the rapture and the tribulation begins and survive the 7 years.

Remember, Jesus returns twice....in the clouds at the beginning of the trib and on a "white horse" at the end of the trib.

No, the pretribulation rapture is a biblical future happening.
I just proved otherwise.
We see something like that happening in the current news today with the anti-Jew reprecussion from the Gaza war....then again this part of the verse is speaking of the events leading up to the rapture or actual tribulation....the birth pangs.
Dispensationalist have been saying that for 200 years and not a single one of them has EVER been right. They have a 100% fail rate. They are ALL false teachers when it comes to their claim "we're in the birth pangs."
Verse 15 hasn't happened yet...15 So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation....and will happen after the temple is rebuilt........
That verse does NOT say another temple will be built. Matthew 23:38 plainly, explicitly states the temple was already desolate. More importantly.....

You just dodged the matter being discussed and changed the subject.

We were not talking about the AoD or any future temple. We were talking about the belief Christians get raptured prior to the great tribulation. Matthew 24:9, 20-21 and Revelation 7:13-14 explicitly state Christians are handed over to, endure, and come through the great tribulation. Dodging those scriptures and changing the subject does not change the facts in evidence. It shows a doctrinally biased read of scripture and refusal to read it exactly as written.

I just proved otherwise.
No you didn't.

Dispensationalist have been saying that for 200 years and not a single one of them has EVER been right. They have a 100% fail rate. They are ALL false teachers when it comes to their claim "we're in the birth pangs."
So what? That doesn't in no way disprove a pre-trib rapture.
That verse does NOT say another temple will be built. Matthew 23:38 plainly, explicitly states the temple was already desolate. More importantly.....
The bible describes a temple during the tribulation...now, it's apparent to many there is no temple now and one will have to be built.
You just dodged the matter being discussed and changed the subject.

We were not talking about the AoD or any future temple. We were talking about the belief Christians get raptured prior to the great tribulation. Matthew 24:9, 20-21 and Revelation 7:13-14 explicitly state Christians are handed over to, endure, and come through the great tribulation. Dodging those scriptures and changing the subject does not change the facts in evidence. It shows a doctrinally biased read of scripture and refusal to read it exactly as written.
At the rapture it will be like the days of Noah....

Keep in mind Jesus said when He leaves He's building a mansion for the elect....and will come back for us...which fits like a glove concerning the Jewish wedding process at the time of Jesus.

You should be thrilled there is a pre-trib rapture.

I would offer the mark is not the same as a sign they must be distinguished .

Satan like all doctrine from above would make it all one in the same earthly inspired .

In many parables (good news) the metaphors forehead and hand are used together as thoughts on dying mankind or of God .You could say 666, what I refer to as the mark (not a sign. . . . . the evil generation 666 seeks after one they have no faith coming from God not seen, Abel did have that new faith yoked with Christ . Cain remained a restless (no gospel)faithless wanderer.

The mark of God's word. (Not sgn)What our Faithful Creator says comes to pass . "Let there be" and His testimony was "God alone good"

Genesis: 15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark (666 not a literal sign ) upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

No early parole for Cain the registered cold blooded murder.

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man (666 number of dying mankind) ) worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark (666) in his forehead, or in his hand,

It would appear we are born with that mark 666 number of mankind . .soon as born we tell lies not having the gospel truth and in need of a new faith as a way of understanding the mysteries of God of Christ. One like that of the martyr Able yoked with Christ he had rest in his labor . To much sufferings for Cain he had no help of the Spirt of Christ no understanding coming our invisible Holy Father

In the gospel below David (beloved of God )is used to indicate the will or forehead of God giving David a hand to finish the will of the Father working with his thoughts to reach in with his hand and he would guide the stone with his GPS . . . and it would hit the forehead of the enemy as the will of the father of lies cutting off the hand as a will of the enemy.

The Holy Spirit gave him a little 500 miles and hour push from behind fell with his face six feet under never to rise to new spirit life the corrupted dust returns to the field of clay (666)

1 Samuel 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

The new born again mark 777 the completeness of the matter

When one looks at technology and current events the mark seem to be taking shape.

The mark will some sort of implant that one voluntarily takes that will interface with a world wide AI computer..."Quantum"...
The mark will be your "digital passport" ....for CBDC, credit system, travel, buying, selling, riding on public transportation..the whole gambit.

The technology is..my guess...is about 95% or higher here.

When one takes the mark.....their DNA will be changed so they are no longer consider made in the image of God but now re-made in the image of Satan....

But if your a christian there really is no worry about the mark as we won't be here. The pre-trib rapture will have already occurred.
If you find yourself becoming a believer in Jeus during the trib....now you know.
It's what it always was, what you believe and what you do, as many follow evil out of ignorance, but some knowingly follow it.

What was the mark?

What was the mark?

I would offer

Not a visible sign .There is clear difference between a mark and sign No signs were given to wonder after.

Matthew 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

The sign of Jonas was made complete in the Son of man,Jesus. Three days and nights

His Mark. . . . . Mark my word what I say comes to pass

Genesis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him

Job 7:20 I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?

Job 33:31 Mark well, O Job, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I will speak.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Why impossible? The elect heed the warning not to add or subtract from the perfect, sealed with 7 seals till the end of time

Satans only voice is signs to wonder after .Wondering is not believing ..

Believers must be careful how they hear and who we hear.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

What was the mark?

I would offer

Not a visible sign . There is clear difference between a mark and sign No signs were given to wonder after.
Well....

Exodus 13:9, 16
And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt............. So it shall serve as a sign on your hand and as phylacteries on your forehead, for with a powerful hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 6:8
You shall also tie them as a sign to your hand, and they shall be as frontlets on your forehead.

It's not rocket surgery.

Revelation 13:16-18
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name...

Scripture rendering scripture is a lot more effective than throwing darts and guessing.

Well....

And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt............. So it shall serve as a sign on your hand and as phylacteries on your forehead, for with a powerful hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt.

You shall also tie them as a sign to your hand, and they shall be as frontlets on your forehead.

It's not rocket surgery.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name...

Scripture rendering scripture is a lot more effective than throwing darts and guessing.
Then there is Ez. 9, which is part of a vision the LORD gave to Ezekiel (it begins in Ez. 8), about the abominations that Israel was committing and the judgment they deserved; however, it includes protection for those who sigh and cry about the abominations.

Ez. 9:4 (WEB) Yahweh said to him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark on the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry over all the abominations that are done in its midst.

It's not surprising that the devil would mimic this protective mark, for those in his kingdom.

Well....

It's not rocket surgery.

LOL throwing darts ....ouch. Watch out for flying rockets.

Exodus 13:9King James Version9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the Lord's law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the Lord brought thee out of Egypt.

Exodus, for a memorial not a sign to wonder after

Deuteronomy 6:8King James Version8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eye

Ceremonial shadows of the true. Hand will, forehead mind . Love the Lord with one's heart soul and mind.

Not a sign to wonder after

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand,(will) or in their foreheads:(mind) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Mark not sign. Not a sign to wonder after. (666) The number of uncovered mankind . Again hand (will) forehead mind

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

The buying and selling has to do with the gospel buy it dont sell it and with it get the understanding of God.

Not a famine for worldly goods

Then there is Ez. 9, which is part of a vision the LORD gave to Ezekiel (it begins in Ez. 8), about the abominations that Israel was committing and the judgment they deserved; however, it includes protection for those who sigh and cry about the abominations.

Ez. 9:4 (WEB) Yahweh said to him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark on the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry over all the abominations that are done in its midst.

It's not surprising that the devil would mimic this protective mark, for those in his kingdom.
Yep. We've discussed this before (you and I). My main point is there's no reason to speculate, especially not sensationally hypothesizing things like computer implants (in someone's forehead?), or bitcoin, or anything unrelated to scripture and things the original readers would never have understood. It's just nonsense.

Yep. We've discussed this before (you and I). My main point is there's no reason to speculate, especially not sensationally hypothesizing things like computer implants (in someone's forehead?), or bitcoin, or anything unrelated to scripture and things the original readers would never have understood. It's just nonsense.

I would offer.

I think simply a lying sign to wonder after rather than believing all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura ) No sign was given to wonder after . Jesus said that kind of idea marks those who have no faith coming from the Faithful Creator our Holy Father .

The faithless pagan foundation "out of sight out of mind" or "what you see is what you get" no vision coming from our unseen God .Calling them of no faith not little none .

Faith is power to see the unseen spiritual things of our Holy Father It is the gift of His grace. Previously we had no faith, none .

Wondering,marveling not believing, , a weapon or tool of Satan, the king of lying signs to wonder after . .

"Wondering marveling" is not "believing" as a anchor to ones newborn again soul ,

Believers have prophecy sealed to the end of time. No need to wonder (?) wonder(?) wonder(?) ?

Wondering,(?) maveling(?) as lying signs replaces faith, God's unseen power working his Holy Spirit in us, Yoked with Him he it can make our daily burdens lighter

A good example is with Nicodemus, one that did require as sign before he would believe, exercise the exclusive faith that comes hearing the living word of God. He is the storeroom of faith or power .He gives us little of His faith, calling us of little faith. Just enough to strengthen us to please himself .

In effect they made Jesus into a circus seal .Perform a trick work a miracle, when we see it with our own eyes then and only then will believe
Not one moment before.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Nicodemus one that did seek after signs. Christ gave the apostle/prophet Jesus words ."You must be born again". Then lovingly the Holy Spirt commanded Nicodemus to "marvel not" but rather believe . I think he was shown as later, a born again believer .It could of been the work of his salvation

Nicodemus confused "not having" any faith as Christ's labor of Love working in him, the kind of faith as power . as it is written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

Not seeing the unseen things of God (faith).Nicodemus when revealed by God . . .a man must be born again.He questioned how can humans be born again .If what you see is what you get ? Again he had no vision that comes by faith as it is written

John 3:4-7 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

In the 1st C. A.D., worshippers of gods and servants were often marked on the hand or forehead; however, I do think that it's worth paying attention to the principles involved, because they tend to be repeated in cycles, throughout history. In modern times, it's certainly possible that a chip in the hand or implant in the forehead, could be needed to buy or sell and could be a necessity to participate in the devil's kingdom.

Some people are already getting chips in the hand (for company ID, entry to secure doors, etc.); and there are experiments ongoing with brain implants. It would also tie-in with the WEF's transhumanism agenda.

Back