• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What is atheism? Nothing more than an unjustified godless assumption.

No, it is not absurd. Jesus, Himself said so.

Matthew 15:3,6 KJV
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

[6] And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
The existence of mere human tradition does not necessarily oppose the divine and apostolic tradition!

By tradition we don’t mean customs and practices but the revelation of God by both word (verbal) and epistle (sacred scripture)

The Christian faith handed once to the saints. Jude 1:3

No, it is not absurd. Jesus, Himself said so.

Matthew 15:3,6 KJV
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

[6] And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Are you dealing with a Romanist? I don't know as I muted them.

The Christian faith handed once to the saints. Jude 1:3
But doesn't the Pope continue with his 'ex-cathedras? (Immaculate Conception & bodily assumption into heaven).

Atheism is properly defined as an unjustified godless assumption at bottom of one's belief system, an axiomatic starting point upon which his belief system is built, from metaphysics to epistemology to ethics and so forth.

First, it is godless by virtue of the very term itself, the root of which is the Greek word atheos, which means "without God" in the same way that asymmetrical means "without symmetry."

Second, it is an assumption on account of the fact that it is not the product of reasoning but, rather, the foundation from which the atheist engages in reasoning (i.e., every corner of his reasoning is "without God").

And third, the fact that it is an axiomatic starting point is why it is unjustified; in other words, it is incapable of being justified because the very criteria by which the atheist justifies anything already has that "without God" assumption built in.

So, his view of reality, truth, reason, knowledge, morality and so forth is "without God" because he has already presupposed that God is unnecessary for any of it.

It's a political psy op. Communism gets no where if there is a God, so it simply insists there isn't one, and bingo, totalitarianism has no competing ideology.

But doesn't the Pope continue with his 'ex-cathedras? (Immaculate Conception & bodily assumption into heaven).
No! No! Surely No!

Thee faith was revealed by Christ in full to His apostolic church before His death!

Your referring to when it was officially defined and promulgated usually cos of someone promoting an opposite error, some doctrines have never been defined cos they are readily accepted by all Christians.

This Apostolic Church never turned from the way of truth nor held any kind of error. It is imperative that nothing of the truths which have been revealed be lessened, nothing altered, nothing added, but that they be preserved intact in word and meaning. This is the true rule of faith.

Pope Agatho

Thanks

How old were Abraham and Moses when God called them?

How old were Abraham and Moses when God called them?
Abraham was 75 and Moses was 40. (Back in a day when people lived 120+ years)
David was still a runt at 15 while John wasn't much older.
Solomon (the wisest king) began to reign at 12 years old and Josiah at 8 years old.

Last edited:
Abraham was 75 and Moses was 40. (Back in a day when people lived 120+ years)
David was still a runt at 15 while John wasn't much older.
Solomon (the wisest king) began to reign at 12 years old and Josiah at 8 years old.
Jesus was an infant as our salvation!

Jesus was an infant as our salvation!
Actually, He was the Eternal Son of God…so where does that leave the finite aged pope?

Actually, He was the Eternal Son of God…so where does that leave the finite aged pope?
Head of the church on earth the personal representative of Jesus Christ the supreme teacher and pastor of our souls!

He is sure being a terrible representative with his 'green Gospel' and allowing priests to bless same-sex relationships. That's not a head I would care to follow as a Christian or entrust my soul to.
Green not catholic doctrine
Not faith and morals
No competency don’t have to follow it

I don’t agree with that either

But we bless marriage are we condoning the adultery so married people engage in?

The homo-sexual act that is still forbidden a intrinsic evil!

Are saving a life and killing a man both morally neutral actions?
The problem with Dawkins is that Dawkins created a straw man god who is a being like Zeus. The gods of the heathens are archetypes, personifying various aspects of the human psych and encased in a body capable of "doing" in a reality much like earth. The difference between Apollo and you is that Apollo had magical powers and a limited archetypical role to play in the drama enacted in roman paradise.

Dawkins defined what god should be if god is god.
God is God and God is what He is whether Dawkins approves or not.
Dawkins entire argument is "god doesn't do what I think a god should do so god is either bad or doesn't exist."

God is not judged by man. Man does not make the rules for God. God makes the rules for man.
Job 40:
7 “Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
8 “Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?

God kills a man and saves a man. What the moral is, God knows.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Back