• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

THE FACTS OF LIFE

Non-responsive to NT apostolic teaching authoritative to the church (Lk 10:16), where there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, only between In Christ and not in Christ.
"If you be in Christ (no exceptions stated), then you are Abraham's seed (descendants) and heirs according to the promise" to the Jews.

The OT is understood in the light of the NT, where the laws of defilement, food, cleansings, etc. are obsolete (Eph 2:15), being part of the obsolete Mosaic covenant (Heb 8:13).

You simply do not believe the NT.
I do. But you don't believe the OT prophecy in Jeremiah in which NO GENTILES are mentioned. IF God was to include Gentiles that would have been the prophecy in which to say so. But He doesn't.
READ:
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer. 31:31.

NO GENTILES.

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD,
Jer. 31:33.

NO GENTILES.

Show me in the original prophecy of the New Covenant Gentiles being mentioned let alone included.
THERE IS NONE.
So, who's REALLY misinterpreting Scripture to support their beliefs? Me? No, it is you.
Show me Gentiles mentioned in the original promise/prophecy of Jeremiah and I'll cede the discussion.

I do. But you don't believe the OT prophecy in Jeremiah in which NO GENTILES are mentioned.
And, therefore, no Gentiles are specifically excluded.

While in NT apostolic teaching, authoritative to the church (Lk 10:16), and in which light the OT is to be understood (see Eph 2:15, Heb 8:13, Ro 14:13, etc.), the believing Gentiles (Gal 3:8-9) are specifically included, in "if you belong to Christ." (Gal 3:29)

You simply do not believe the NT teaching of the apostles of Jesus which is authoritative to the church.
You, instead, regard you own contra-apostolic teaching as authoritative.

And, therefore, no Gentiles are specifically excluded.
Talk about adding to the Bible.
It doesn't say when Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire Gentiles are excluded either.
While in NT apostolic teaching, authoritative to the church (Lk 10:16), and in which light the OT is to be understood (see Eph 2:15, Heb 8:13, Ro 14:13, etc.), the believing Gentiles (Gal 3:8-9) are specifically included, in "if you belong to Christ." (Gal 3:29)

You simply do not believe the NT teaching of the apostles of Jesus which is authoritative to the church.
You, instead, regard you own contra-apostolic teaching as authoritative.
I believe the promises of God.
I also believe Jewish Christians writing to Jewish Christians in the New Covenant writings about that covenant as well. But you seem to me to not want to acknowledge the Israeli Covenant is specifically to and for the Jews of twelve tribes.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, That I will make a new covenant With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt; Which my covenant they brake, Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, And write it in their hearts; And will be their God, And they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: For they shall all know me, From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: For I will forgive their iniquity, And I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:31–34.

And this Yeshua Messiach did on the cross at Calvary.

Talk about adding to the Bible.
It doesn't say when Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire Gentiles are excluded either.

I believe the promises of God.
I also believe Jewish Christians writing to Jewish Christians in the New Covenant writings about that covenant as well. But you seem to me to not want to acknowledge the Israeli Covenant is specifically to and for the Jews of twelve tribes.
Which "Israeli" covenant. There were three covenants made with the descendants of Abraham,
the third (Mosaic covenant) being temporarily added until Christ, the Seed to whom the promises referred, had come. (Gal 3:19)
The Mosaic covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13).

And which has nothing to do with believing Gentiles being the seed (descendants) of Abraham and heirs according to the promise (Gal 3:29).

Which "Israeli" covenant. There were three covenants made with the descendants of Abraham,
the third (Mosaic covenant) being temporarily added until Christ, the Seed to whom the promises referred, had come. (Gal 3:19)
The Mosaic covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13).

And which has nothing to do with believing Gentiles being the seed (descendants) of Abraham and heirs according to the promise (Gal 3:29).
There were more than three. But the one's Paul is discussing in Galatians 3 are the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants, and the statement in 3:29 is in reference to the Abrahamic Covenant.

There is no doubt Paul had written to Jewish Christians in this circular letter. The level of knowledge to understand the things he writes about regarding Jewish/Judaic/Mosaic/Abrahamic issues are beyond any Gentile would know.

The Mosaic Covenant is not obsolete for several reasons. It is obsolete towards any attempt to use it for righteousness or to save. But it is the eternal word of God, it is spiritual, and has other functions. One is that the Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit and it is HE (the Law in the Person of the Holy Spirit) God promised to put in the inward parts of Covenant Israel to whom the covenant is made as per Jeremiah 31.
The command to not have other gods before [thee] still applies and in this the Law is alive. BUT with Atonement it doesn't kill us. It/He leads, guides, teaches, convicts, and confirms we are children of God.
The kingdom of God is within us, and Christ IS the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is Christ, the Holy Spirit. It doesn't come with observation.

The Mosaic Covenant is not obsolete for several reasons
Such unbelief of the clear NT word of God.

In Gal 3:19, the Mosaic covenant of law was temporarily "added. . . until the (singular) Seed (Christ) had come to whom the promises were made," for they were not made to (the plural seed) Israel, but to the singular seed, Christ (Gal 3:16).
In Heb 8:13, the Mosaic covenant is obsolete.
At every turn you are in contradiction of NT apostolic teaching authoritative to the church (Lk 10:16), and not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Such unbelief of the clear NT word of God.

In Gal 3:19, the Mosaic covenant of law was temporarily "added. . . until the (singular) Seed (Christ) had come to whom the promises were made," for they were not made to (the plural seed) Israel, but to the singular seed, Christ (Gal 3:16).
In Heb 8:13, the Mosaic covenant is obsolete.
At every turn you are in contradiction of NT apostolic teaching authoritative to the church (Lk 10:16), and not to be taken seriously.
The Sabbath is part of the Moral Law.

12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Ex 31:12–17.

You need to figure that one out.
You say the Mosaic Law is obsolete, obsolete, obsolete.

God says it's forever.
And for good reason.

The Sabbath is part of the Moral Law.

12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Ex 31:12–17.

You need to figure that one out.
You say the Mosaic Law is obsolete, obsolete, obsolete.
I say. . .or Heb 8:13 says. . .you are not to be taken seriously.
God says it's forever.
And for good reason.
Indeed. The Sabbath is forever in Jesus, our permanent NT Sabbath, in whom we rest from our own work to save and in his work which saves completely (Heb 3:7-4:11).

I say. . .or Heb 8:13 says. . .you are not to be taken seriously.

Indeed. The Sabbath is forever in Jesus, our permanent NT Sabbath, in whom we rest from our own work to save and in his work which saves completely (Heb 3:7-4:11).
No, the Sabbath is forever in the Mosaic Covenant.
It'd be better if you just say you don't understand or refuse to accept that God's Word is forever.

18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God. Ex. 31:17–18.

Stealing another person or people's inheritance and covenants is sin.
But that doesn't matter to you. You're going to do it anyway.
Fact is, the Lord won't allow you nor let you get away with it.
When you can show me you're obedient to the Word I'll come back here and respond.

By the way, when Christ returns all Israel shall be saved, Gentiles will be subdued, and Gentile Christians will be put in their place. They are completely out of control.

Back