• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The BIBLE PROVES Mary’s immaculate conception!

donadams

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Immaculate conception and the Four spiritual laws:

2) Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
Man is Sinful.

3) Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God's love.
He Died in Our Place.

4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
We Must Receive Christ.

Scripture declares:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

“Full of grace”

“Lord is with Mary”

“Blessed”

The only possibility is the “immaculate conception” by the power of God thru the future merits of the passion and death of Jesus Christ! Amen! Lk 1:37 Lk 1:49

Lk 1:37 all things are possible with God!

Lk 1:49 He that is mighty has done “great things” unto me!

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

Perhaps I am missing something, but who of God's children do not believe that Mary conceived without a man and did not know any man, including her husband, until after Jesus was born?

All you have done is use logic; no scripture that BIBLE PROVES Mary’s immaculate conception!

Scripture declares:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Scripture declares:
Jesus is full of grace.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Mary was highly favoured.
Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

God alone gets glory; he gives to no other.
Psalm 115:1 Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another[\u], neither my praise to graven images.

All you have done is use logic; no scripture that BIBLE PROVES Mary’s immaculate conception!

Scripture declares:
Jesus is full of grace.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Mary was highly favoured.
Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

God alone gets glory; he gives to no other.
Psalm 115:1 Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another[\u], neither my praise to graven images.
Wait a minute. You want an erotic explanation like Song of Solomon?????????
12.gif

THIS:

Luke 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; for that reason also the [a]holy Child will be called the Son of God.

Is very definitive and descriptive.

As is this.

Mathew 1:18 is even more to the point... 18 Now the birth of Jesus the [a]Messiah was as follows: when His mother Mary had been [b]betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be pregnant by the Holy Spirit.

Perhaps I am missing something, but who of God's children do not believe that Mary conceived without a man and did not know any man, including her husband, until after Jesus was born?

RC's believe she didn't even "know" Joseph even after Jesus was born.
This is in violation of 1 Corinthians 7:3-5.

Rella:

Good questions! I hope they are addressed. It's good to see you on Christ Centered. Stay in there.

Historically, Virgin Mary is found in letters to Polycarp. Mary was referred to as Virgin Mary in the earliest extant documents.

Historically, Virgin Mary is found in letters to Polycarp. Mary was referred to as Virgin Mary in the earliest extant documents.
Yep, but we all know the outcome of that.

She remained a virgin even with other children and she remained a virgin even though scripture said Joseph did not know her until after.

Thus, part of tradition and not found in scripture.

TOTALLY FALSE!!!! "Roman Catholic" theology CLAIMS to prove, through their false manipulation of Scripture, the "immaculate conception of Mary" along with her supposed "Sinlessness", her "Perpetual virginity", and her "Assumption into Heaven".

All as phony as a three dollar bill.

TOTALLY FALSE!!!! "Roman Catholic" theology CLAIMS to prove, through their false manipulation of Scripture, the "immaculate conception of Mary" along with her supposed "Sinlessness", her "Perpetual virginity", and her "Assumption into Heaven".

All as phony as a three dollar bill.
Are you saying that Mary had real relations with whatever or whomever to conceive Jesus?

I AM NOT RC. And I know their bible is not the same as the Protestant... but you cannot seriously say Mary was not pure as the driven snow when she conceived.... no matter what they say about that

Reactions: QVQ
I AM NOT RC. And I know their bible is not the same as the Protestant... but you cannot seriously say Mary was not pure as the driven snow when she conceived.... no matter what they say about that
Are you saying that Mary was sinless when you stated, "pure as the driven snow when she conceived"?

Are you saying that Mary had real relations with whatever or whomever to conceive Jesus?
If I am not mistaken, the immaculate conception of Mary in the RCC refers to Mary's mother also being a virgin when she conceived Mary and back and back.

If I am not mistaken, the immaculate conception of Mary in the RCC refers to Mary's mother also being a virgin when she conceived Mary and back and back.
Could be, but the OP was not clear.

And on that one, I bow out because I do not believe Anne was a virgin when she conceived Mary. There should have been no need.

Thanks for the input though... I miss these sometimes LOL

I'm Saying what the BIBLE SAYS (Luke 1:35) that's all the information given.
I AM NOT RC. And I know their bible is not the same as the Protestant.
It's only really Significant difference between the present KJV, and the Douay Catholic Bible (that in the '40s, Catholics were cautioned AGAINST trying to read the Bible "with understanding"), is that the "Deutero-canonicals" (which WERE included in the "Protestant" King James Bible up until the late 1800s) were dropped out since there was no "Spiritual value" found in them. Catholics draw some part of their Purgatorial HERESY from 2 Maccabees, but all that book shows is that Judas Maccabeus himself was into non-Biblical "Jewish mysticism".
.. but you cannot seriously say Mary was not pure as the driven snow when she conceived.
Sure!!! I ABSOLUTELY can!! Mary was a completely NORMAL, SINFUL, HUMAN WOMAN, who WAS a Virgin (as she said) when she conceived, and gave birth to Jesus. It was a MIRACLE BIRTH.

The Bible says that Joseph was then permitted to take Mary as his WIFE - i.e. had sexual relationships with her, eliminating the "Perpetual Virginity" fantasy (which Childbirth would have done anyway). Mary then, as a result of her physical union with Joseph bore half Brothers and sisters of Jesus in Joseph's family, the names of some are given in the Word (Mat 13:55). Catholic theology "requires" their "Mary thing" to have been celibate, so they invented the: "They were Cousins", or "Joseph's kids from an earlier marriage", foolishness.

What happened to Joseph isn't known, but when Jesus READ IN THE TEMPLE, Joseph isn't there, and the honor of READING IN THE TEMPLE, would have passed to the ELDEST SON (obviously eliminating the "Joseph's Kids by an earlier marriage" heresy).

Mary (the REAL ONE) Raised her family in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, but Jesus' half-siblings weren't believers up to the crucifixion. Mary HERSELF, PROBABLY became a Christian after the Crucifixion, although that event isn't recorded. And then nothing Biblically indicates that anything exceptional happened in her life thereafter - i.e. by inference, she grew old, died normally and was buried. NOTHING IN THE BIBLE would lead anybody to believe that there was any more to it than that.

The Roman Catholic doctrinal Traditions about Mary, are all as phony as a three dollar bill.

Last edited:
Arial - Rella - Bob:

I'm not sure where you three are coming from and where you're going with this, so allow me to try to clarify. Mary remained a virgin until Joseph her husband "knew her," for "he knew her not until she had given birth to a son" (Matt. 1:24-25).

Following Jesus' death and resurrection, His disciples were gathered in an upper room in Jerusalem. "All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus and His brothers" (Acts 1:12-14).

It is interesting that after our Lord was born, Mary gave birth to both male and female children. It is striking that the Greek word adelphol refers to siblings in a family. Too, the usage of the Greek term, depending on the context, "may refer either to men or to both men and women who are siblings," according to the Greek.

Bottom line? Mary remained a virgin until Joseph "knew her" sexually, at which time other children were born.​

Arial - Rella - Bob:

I'm not sure where you three are coming from and where you're going with this, so allow me to try to clarify. Mary remained a virgin until Joseph her husband "knew her," for "he knew her not until she had given birth to a son" (Matt. 1:24-25).

Following Jesus' death and resurrection, His disciples were gathered in an upper room in Jerusalem. "All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus and His brothers" (Acts 1:12-14).

It is interesting that after our Lord was born, Mary gave birth to both male and female children. It is striking that the Greek word adelphol refers to siblings in a family. Too, the usage of the Greek term, depending on the context, "may refer either to men or to both men and women who are siblings," according to the Greek.

Bottom line? Mary remained a virgin until Joseph "knew her" sexually, at which time other children were born.​
Agree completely!!!

Arial - Rella - Bob:

Sorry Buff,

My one reply to QVQ who said

And I replied (#9 above)
She remained a virgin even with other children and she remained a virgin even though scripture said Joseph did not know her until after.

Sounds even screwy to me this morning and I know what I was meaning.

I was meaning she may have been referred to by Polycarp as Virgin Mary... but after Jesus birth... she could not be called that when it was obvious she had a normal sex life with her husband.

If used descriptively as the mother of Jesus. The woman who gave birth to him . I have no problem, any more then I have a problem if I were addressing Bush, Obama, or Trump.... where they always, appropriately should be called Mr. President... or President Whoever. Even though they now are not in the Oval..

Mary did not remain a virgin after Jesus was born. It is wrong to even suggest such a thing.
tipping_hat_smiley.gif

Sorry Buff,

My one reply to QVQ who said

And I replied (#9 above)

Sounds even screwy to me this morning and I know what I was meaning.

I was meaning she may have been referred to by Polycarp as Virgin Mary... but after Jesus birth... she could not be called that when it was obvious she had a normal sex life with her husband.

If used descriptively as the mother of Jesus. The woman who gave birth to him . I have no problem, any more then I have a problem if I were addressing Bush, Obama, or Trump.... where they always, appropriately should be called Mr. President... or President Whoever. Even though they now are not in the Oval..

Mary did not remain a virgin after Jesus was born. It is wrong to even suggest such a thing.
View attachment 529
In the case of the Roman Catholic religious system, there's A LOT RIDING on their phony "Blessed Virgin thing", and the false Traditions that they've built around it.

Back