• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Mystery of the most holy trinity!

Both scripture and the apostles have the same authority!

Both are God breathed!

Both Inspired!

Both come from the same source and are of divine origin & authority!

You said:
“God wrote scripture”! Ok

God is the source of truth and the author of the life of grace. Jn 1:16-17 Jn 14:6

Then why don’t you believe the Apostles; His Apostolic Church?

God is the ultimate authority, Christ is the authority of God, sent By God and therefore the Apostles; His Apostolic Church are the authority of Christ and sent by Christ!

The Apostles; His Apostolic Church is the extension of God & Christ with His authority to every place and time!

Under the explicit authority and command of Jesus Christ to teach & sanctity all men unto eternal salvation, with our obedience to them being implied! Matt 28:19 Lk 10:15 Jn 20:21-23

All under the guarantee & inspiration of the Holy Ghost! Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Where does Christ or scripture ever say: “this applies to what they have written ALONE”?

The apostles taught us in person, preaching teaching as the witnesses of Christ (acts 1:8 & 16:17) and the “Mouthpiece of God”!

Thirty plus years before the first letter of the Gospel or New Testament was written, Christ handed down (tradition) or transmitted the fullness of truth to the Apostles; His Apostolic Church, and they exercised authority, teaching, and sanctifying. (administration of baptism, and the sacraments)

Then decades later some of the Apostles wrote some of these truths under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost!

The fullness of divine revelation was complete with the ascension of Christ, and there is no new public revelation, but the apostolic authority continues in the threefold mission that of His Apostolic Church, teach, govern, and to sanctify!

Sacred Scripture & Tradition are God breathed and inspired!

All Christians are bound (Matt 16:18-19 & 18:17-18) to believe and obey! (Rom 16:26)

If God is the ultimate authority and Christ is sent by God and exercise His authority then Christ is also the ultimate or equal authority!

If the apostles are sent by Christ and exercise His authority, and act in His name then the Apostles or His Apostolic Church are also the ultimate or equal authority!

Sacred Scripture & Tradition have equal authority and are the ultimate authority!

Verified by scripture:

2 thes 2:15
Matt 16:18-19
Matt 18:17
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:19-20
Lk 10:16
Jn 20:21-23
Acts 1:1-2
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 16:17

The holy gesture (sign of the cross) in its roots was a prayer in apostolic times.

Fourth-century Father of the Church St. Basil (329–379) said that the Apostles “taught us to mark with the sign of the cross those who put their hope in the Lord”—that is, those who presented themselves for Baptism.

Notice the level of authority He assigned to this statement: “the Apostles taught us”!

He could not say that if He believed that Sacred scripture was the “only authority”!
No physical church upon the earth has the same authority as the Bible - and your particular church proudly admits to altering the Bible.

James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.
"But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify."
James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore (1877-1921), in a signed letter.
Is Saturday the seventh day according to the Bible and the Ten Commandments? I answer yes. Is Sunday the first day of the week and did the Church change the seventh day -Saturday - for Sunday, the first day? I answer yes . Did Christ change the day'? I answer no! "Faithfully yours, J. Card. Gibbons
https://www.sabbath.org/index.cfm/l...holic-protestant-confessions-about-sunday.htm

No physical church upon the earth has the same authority as the Bible - and your particular church proudly admits to altering the Bible.

James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.

James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore (1877-1921), in a signed letter.

https://www.sabbath.org/index.cfm/l...holic-protestant-confessions-about-sunday.htm
Does Jesus Christ have the same authority as the Bible?

Does the church establish the canon and teach Christians what is sacred scripture “inspired word of God” and what is not?

Do you believe Matt 28:17?
And Christ gave them His authority when He said: “go and teach”
And n Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 apostolic church has authority to bind all Christians

The Saturday sabbath was of the old creation and old covenant!

News flash!

There is a new creation and new covenant!

New sabbath (rest) day!

Thks

Yes and no.

Jn. 1:1
2 Tim. 3:16
Does the church establish the canon and teach Christians what is sacred scripture “inspired word of God” and what is not?
No. The church has no authority to tell us what is acceptable in God's Word and what is not.

1 Jn. 2:27

The Scriptures make us wise unto Salvation, not any church.

2 Tim. 3:15

Yes and no.

Jn. 1:1

No. The church has no authority to tell us what is acceptable in God's Word and what is not.

1 Jn. 2:27

The Scriptures make us wise unto Salvation, not any church.

2 Tim. 3:15
1 Tim 3:15

1 Tim 3:15
Those verses don't coincide at all.

The first speaks of the house of God. The church of God is not a building nor an organization. It is a people. It is all those who have true faith and contain the Holy Spirit within their temple, their body.

God does not inhabit structures made by hands.

The second verse supports my point. Servants of the Most High God are those who make up His church. His church is made up of all the people all over the world, of all sexes, races AND denominations, who have a true faith in God and His Word.

They are the ones with the authority as they are the ones with the mind of God, not the Catholic church or any of its imaginary authorities with all their pomp and pretense.

This is Christ-Centered Apologetics.

Not Catholic-Centered.

Those verses don't coincide at all.

The first speaks of the house of God. The church of God is not a building nor an organization. It is a people. It is all those who have true faith and contain the Holy Spirit within their temple, their body.

God does not inhabit structures made by hands.

The second verse supports my point. Servants of the Most High God are those who make up His church. His church is made up of all the people all over the world, of all sexes, races AND denominations, who have a true faith in God and His Word.

They are the ones with the authority as they are the ones with the mind of God, not the Catholic church or any of its imaginary authorities with all their pomp and pretense.

This is Christ-Centered Apologetics.

Not Catholic-Centered.
Christ established the catholic church

The same apostolic authority that decided and decreed (bound on earth) the New Testament cannon also decrees the catholic and divine revelation of De Fide (thee faith or dogma)!

12. There is only One God.
34. In God there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Each of the Three
Persons possesses the one (numerical) Divine Essence.
35. In God there are two Internal Divine Processions.
36. The Divine Persons, not the Divine Nature, are the subject of the Internal Divine processions (in the active and in the passive sense).
37. The Second Divine Person proceeds from the First Divine Person by Generation, and therefore is related to Him as Son to a Father.
38. The Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father and from the Son as from a Single Principle through a Single Spiration.
39. The Holy Ghost does not proceed through generation but through spiration.
40. The Relations in God are really identical with the Divine Nature.
41. The Three Divine Persons are in One Another.

These sects are the tradition of men having erroneous doctrines!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20 Lk 22:29

The 30,000 sects (the tradition of men) having no authority at all! And holding and teaching contrary and new doctrines that oppose the Christian faith that was revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church! Matt 28:19 acts 16:17

No Christian can be united to them or accept their false doctrines!

Word of God from is received from God!

Christ never received the word of God, He is the word of God, the way, the truth, & the life in Himself!

Jesus Christ is the word incarnate!

Jn Is 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Jn1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

How is this possible if Jesus is just a man?

Mk 1:7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

Why if Jesus is just a man?

Jn 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

How did Jesus come before John the Baptist

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

GOD and the LAMB are one! There is no different Shekinah glory for CHRIST and GOD there is only 1. CHRIST ‘the LIGHT thereof’ is GOD’S Shekinah glory that is brighter than the sun

The holy trinity in Jn 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

God (Father)
Sent His only son (son)
Everlasting life (Holy Spirit)

No mere man is sent from God and coming down from heaven! Jn 6:33

The holy trinity in Jn 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

God (Father)
Sent His only son (son)
Everlasting life (Holy Spirit)

No mere man is sent from God and coming down from heaven! Jn 6:33
Christ. the anointing teacher ,The invisible Holy Spirit of the Father working in and with the Son of man Jesus giving him strength to do the will of the father

Two is the one witness God has spoken

It would seem be the goal of Satan. Deceive dying mankind that eternal God is a dying Jewish man as King of all kings

God is one, not triune.

Jesus is not God either. So there.
Don't all Jesus' followers claim to be Christians?

You have no consistency in your logic.

You have been claiming the holy trinity yet you claim god is not triune.

God is one, not triune.

Jesus is not God either. So there.

Don't all Jesus' followers claim to be Christians?

You have no consistency in your logic.

You have been claiming the holy trinity yet you claim god is not triune.
Not three Gods
Not three lords

One God one Lord

You say Jesus is God. Jesus does not claim He is God.

Your deceptive tactic is so unchristian.
Jn 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Hearing God’s words from God (Jesus)

Hearing God’s words from God (Jesus)
You keep correcting Jesus' word.

Jesus says His Father is the God.

what makes you think you are above Jesus' word??????????????

Back