• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Judgment seat of Christ: Wheat and tares

Ghada

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

For there is no respect of persons with God.

1 Peter{1:14} As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: {1:15} But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; {1:16} Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. {1:17} And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear:

Since we know that all men shall be judged by our works, then when are the believers judged by our works?

The body of Christ meets the Lord in the air at His second coming, and so are not part of the rest of the dead, that are judged by their works at the GWT.

The believers' works are judged at His second coming from His judgment seat in the air:

2Co 5:9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences

First, the Scripture is speaking of our bodily works, whether good or bad. Second, that judgment of our works is for whether we are accepted of Him, or not.

Mat 7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The Scripture does not say the judgment of works at Christ's seat, separates souls from their bad works done on earth, in order to preserve the soul. Purgatory after the grave is only the wishful thinking of unrepented sinners.

The time for being separated from our bad deeds is now on earth, by repentance unto the Lord for His mercy's sake.

And lastly, we see it's the warning of the terror of the Lord, not any chiding about 'missing out' on rewards of ministry, nor any post-grave purging. It confirms the Scriptures, that the Lord and the Father will also certainly judge His people according to our works, without respect of persons.

Collosians{3:23} And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; {3:24} Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. {3:25} But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Heb 10:30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

The Scriptures confirm the judgment of God's people according to our works, whether good or bad, right or wrong, obedient or disobedient, with the reward of honour and glory, or of tribulation and anguish.

God's judgment of works is to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile, to the beleiver first, and also to the unbeliever.

While there is no such judgment of works to separate good and bad deeds from a soul, there is however, a judgment of works to separate good and bad souls from the body of Christ at His coming: The good wheat doing good, and the bad tares doing bad.

Mat 13:30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And so, Christ's judgment seat at His coming again, is the judgment of works of the believers that repent and do good, and those who do not.

2Ti 2:19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

The wheat are the doers of righteousness by the faith of Jesus, and the tares are the doers of unrighteousness only naming His name.

Rev 14:15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

That judgment of works shall be manifest in a moment of time with the resurrection of the just believers unto the Lord in the air, and harvested separate from the disobedient unbelievers to wail with all unrepented inhabitors on earth.

The separation by works from wheat and tares, is the separation of living and dead branches.

Jhn 15:5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

It's the separation of the believers that wait patiently in well doing, that are rewarded with His resurrection and rule, and them naming His name that do wrong and are rewarded with the hypocrites on earth.

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

Matth 24:48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Knowing the terror of the Lord, the Scriptures persuade all believers naming His name to do good, and not bad, to abide in Him, and not be cut off, to wait for Him in well doing, and faint not by evil works.

The judgment seat of Christ is at His second coming and harvest from the earth of the righteous wheat from tares, living branches from dead, and faithful servants from the disobedient.

The Lord's righteous judgment at His seat is with His people. And it's the works done in our bodies that are judged, not the faith spoken in words only.

1Jo 3:18My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

The judgment seat of Christ is the favor or terror of the Lord, brought to the earth at His coming, first to His people and then the world:

2 Peter{4:17} For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God? {4:18} And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Before the judgment of sheep and goats of nations on earth from Jerusalem, is the judgment of wheat and tares of believers from His seat in the air.

Last edited:
The judgment seat in old Rome was the Governor's provincial seat of law and judgment, that was in the stead of Caesar.

From the governor's seat, he exercised all the power and authority of Caesar's own throne in Rome. It was different in location only, but not in power of law and judgment. It's the same case in American law by court annexes.

The judgment seat of Christ is the same in manner of having all power and right to execute judgment and law on earth, as that of the Father's own great white throne in heaven. The difference between Roman and American seats of justice, that only represented the highest throne and court of the land, is that there is no appeal to Caesar, the supreme court, nor the Father from the Son's judgment on earth.

Jhn 5:22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

And the judgment seat of Christ is not only in a different location, but is also moveable from heaven to earth, first in the air to judge between wheat and tares, and then in Jersuslaem to judge between sheep and goats.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

And so the seat from which the Lord judges the earth is a white seat, of the same whitenss and righteousness as that throne in heaven. And the Lord rides on that judgment seat of a white horse, coming down from heaven to the earth, first in the air, and finally into Jersualem itself.

Many conquering warrior kings, caesars, and generals have made war, and judged their own soldiers and alien armies from their own horses' seats.

Back