• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

How Do We Discern Wolves in Sheep's Clothing?

Actually its pretty simple- Jesus' real teachers teach-EVERY utterance from God to the flock without fail. After all Jesus said man must live by every utterance from God.
A friend of mine recently said---If all bibles were opened at the same time, there would be a huge dust storm.
Who are His real teachers? And how do we know? How do we know what is the word of God?

An answer to the OP is that through Covetousness they will make Merchandise of you somehow. Also, they will bring in Damnable Heresies; speaking out against Truth. Non Calvinists are not as bad as Anti Calvinists, who rail against the Truth. And do not forget; wolves will deny the Lord who bought them...

It seems easy to spot them. They are Mormons, Witnesses, etc...
ESV 2 Peter 2:1-3 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will l their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

It is much more than Mormons, Witnesses,etc.

Who are His real teachers? And how do we know? How do we know what is the word of God?
Matt 24:45 are the ones Jesus( master) appointed.
Watch Tower Society?
I have studied trinity religions, Mormons, JW,s. And i studied Jesus teachings carefully-the results= In every translation on earth, the teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers all the way, as does true God worship history, before the great apostasy( 2 Thess 2:3) turned God into a trinity at their councils.

No, they do not.
(… but I will just leave it at that.)

The teachings of Jesus in every translation on Gods earth back the JW,s. If one attends a building called a church, those teachers are paid to teach a certain religions dogma and little of what Jesus teaches. Those fail the flock 100%.

The teachings of Jesus in every translation on Gods earth back the JW,s. If one attends a building called a church, those teachers are paid to teach a certain religions dogma and little of what Jesus teaches. Those fail the flock 100%.
You'll want to discuss Trinitarianism and Arianism in the proper Forums. You are right to say we can tell Wolves from Sheep through God's Word...

Matt 24:45 are the ones Jesus( master) appointed.

I have studied trinity religions, Mormons, JW,s. And i studied Jesus teachings carefully-the results= In every translation on earth, the teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers all the way, as does true God worship history, before the great apostasy( 2 Thess 2:3) turned God into a trinity at their councils.
In Forums there is a sub section "Cults/Occult". In that section you will find "Jehovah's Witness". That is where the discussion of that specific false teaching goes.

It has become increasingly difficult to do, and their presence is everywhere and in many different ways, including on Christian forums, with the internet and social media platforms. The words the wolf needs are readily available at the flick of a finger, as are those of whatever they are opposing or promoting. So Paul's warning in Acts 20:28-31 that the enemy of the gospel would be in our midst, is no longer confined to the visible church, and therefore leaves the door open for any wolf to join the devil's attempt to destroy and deceive. It is not flesh and blood that His church wars against, but spiritual enemies in spiritual places. (Eph 6) But he works through flesh and blood.

There is another reason why these wolves make inroads into the visible churches and preach from our pulpits blatant falsehoods and go unchecked, with thousands upon thousands of followers. Much of the reason has to do with the loss of the doctrinal confessions and the systematic expounding of the word of God to arrive at and teach doctrines that are sound and consistent with the whole counsel of God. If pastors were to do this, the congregants would learn to do it too, though that does not remove their responsibility to do it for themselves. Such has been the case for a vast number of Christians that are alive today and whose parents and grandparents were in that same boat. So neither shepherd or flock are equipped with the knowledge they need to discern a wolf in sheep's clothing. In effect both God and Christianity are treated lightly and casually.

And this also applies to any platform that involves Christianity.

How do we discern what is a wolf in sheep's clothing and what is just disagreement in doctrine, or the voice of an immature Christian, when we cannot see them, or know anything but the words they type and send into the ether? And they are here, these wolves, and in every Christian forum, for a true wolf in sheep's clothing is a predator, seeking out whatever avenue is easiest. They use scripture and a wolf will too. That scripture needed can be found by googling the subject with no knowledge of belief behind it at all. And I would say, that most often we cannot without any doubt make this discernment, and so accusations should never be made. But we can learn to fine tune our antenna, learn when and how to fight against that enemy, and when to let it wear itself out.

But there is only one way to do this, but with the uses of a few things. We pray putting our trust in God and not ourselves. We ask for discernment , not for ourselves lest we boast, but for His glory,and above all we do not think that because we asked for discernment that it will immediately be given to us and therefore whatever we think is discernment from God.

I have found over the years that God answers such prayers by teaching, not just handing out, and it takes place in grace upon grace over a lifetime. And we cannot have discernment without knowledge. All that knowledge He gives us---in His word. He will open things to us through the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit, in His word. Our foundation for discernment of wolves in sheeps clothing is His word, and that requires us to do our own systematic study (not just reading) of His word, and also through the writings of those He has given the church who have done that work, in order to help us onto the path of carefully established doctrine, that many of us are not equipped to do on our own. But once set on that path, we go to the scriptures ourselves to see it and find it.

I don’t know how anyone can expect to lead a Chr fellowship without a couple years dedicated training in the Word. Likewise I don’t know how anyone can expect to understand the faith without a similar endeavor. I avoid churches that don’t have a steady book study going (it doesn’t have to be the main weekly service, but its leaders must be at such a study).. But I think of the people attending that kind of church as at least God-fearing enough to be candidates for a regular sequential study.

Heck, I wasn't smart enough to even learn that word in university ... show off ;)
New word for me. "Similar and opposite words" In that way without parables Christ spoke not hiding the gospel understanding from the lost Parables teach us how to seek the unseen eternal things of God (walk by faith) .Many literalize and seek after signs.Forfeiting the understanding hid .

In that way Jesus the Son of man as a prophet spoke the words of Christ.

Because without parable the Father spoke not. Jesus was most likely the most misunderstood person that ever walked on earth. Even his family must of thought he was off his rocker.Hiding the understanding of the unseen Father from the lost.

It has become increasingly difficult to do, and their presence is everywhere and in many different ways, including on Christian forums, with the internet and social media platforms. The words the wolf needs are readily available at the flick of a finger, as are those of whatever they are opposing or promoting. So Paul's warning in Acts 20:28-31 that the enemy of the gospel would be in our midst, is no longer confined to the visible church, and therefore leaves the door open for any wolf to join the devil's attempt to destroy and deceive. It is not flesh and blood that His church wars against, but spiritual enemies in spiritual places. (Eph 6) But he works through flesh and blood.

There is another reason why these wolves make inroads into the visible churches and preach from our pulpits blatant falsehoods and go unchecked, with thousands upon thousands of followers. Much of the reason has to do with the loss of the doctrinal confessions and the systematic expounding of the word of God to arrive at and teach doctrines that are sound and consistent with the whole counsel of God. If pastors were to do this, the congregants would learn to do it too, though that does not remove their responsibility to do it for themselves. Such has been the case for a vast number of Christians that are alive today and whose parents and grandparents were in that same boat. So neither shepherd or flock are equipped with the knowledge they need to discern a wolf in sheep's clothing. In effect both God and Christianity are treated lightly and casually.

And this also applies to any platform that involves Christianity.

How do we discern what is a wolf in sheep's clothing and what is just disagreement in doctrine, or the voice of an immature Christian, when we cannot see them, or know anything but the words they type and send into the ether? And they are here, these wolves, and in every Christian forum, for a true wolf in sheep's clothing is a predator, seeking out whatever avenue is easiest. They use scripture and a wolf will too. That scripture needed can be found by googling the subject with no knowledge of belief behind it at all. And I would say, that most often we cannot without any doubt make this discernment, and so accusations should never be made. But we can learn to fine tune our antenna, learn when and how to fight against that enemy, and when to let it wear itself out.

But there is only one way to do this, but with the uses of a few things. We pray putting our trust in God and not ourselves. We ask for discernment , not for ourselves lest we boast, but for His glory,and above all we do not think that because we asked for discernment that it will immediately be given to us and therefore whatever we think is discernment from God.

I have found over the years that God answers such prayers by teaching, not just handing out, and it takes place in grace upon grace over a lifetime. And we cannot have discernment without knowledge. All that knowledge He gives us---in His word. He will open things to us through the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit, in His word. Our foundation for discernment of wolves in sheeps clothing is His word, and that requires us to do our own systematic study (not just reading) of His word, and also through the writings of those He has given the church who have done that work, in order to help us onto the path of carefully established doctrine, that many of us are not equipped to do on our own. But once set on that path, we go to the scriptures ourselves to see it and find it.
I have not been on "christian" forums for very long. Overall, I have been extremely disappointed in the quality of people that I've found. Too many are on forums just to argue pointless minutia or to make sure they can hammer their own opinions on to everyone else. The test that I use to determine whether or not to respect someone's words (even if I don't agree with them) is how they treat the words of Messiah Jesus. The Bible is His story afterall and if they do not have a complete view of Scripture, they are not to be trusted.

It has become increasingly difficult to do, and their presence is everywhere and in many different ways, including on Christian forums, with the internet and social media platforms.

Have you ever encountered the "antichrist"? They love hanging out in apologetics Trinity platforms.

A antichrist is also a spiritual underlying condition in a person's human spirit. Because that antichrist begins working in people on a spiritual level. Spiritually this causes a person to touch in agreement with that certain realities and understood as a continuous denial confession (self-proclaimed denials) or to say the same open denials to others repeatedly. For instance, you would think there would be common grounds between a Trinitarian and a Unitarian, namely that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah), right? No. It's not hard to discern the antichrist. As soon you mention that Jesus Christ is also God. That's where a Unitarian's spiritual underlying condition will act out in disorderly and in a denial blaspheming manner. After that, you will notice in every post Unitarian personally make, its always in the form of self-proclaimed open publicly denial confessions like "Trinity this blah, blah," and "Hypostatic Union that blah, blah." Or something along those lines.

In other words, Unitarians are exhibiting the characteristics of the one known as the antichrist. The antichrist has already come and is still here in the present day of age. Now one of the attributes of the antiChrist spirit is denial. Majority of Unitarians will say they believe Jesus is the Christ. But it's a denial that Jesus Christ is both God and Man, which is equivalent to denying the Father and the Son. Here are common characteristics of someone in denial when discussing "Jesus Christ is God."

⦁ Blaming other people.
⦁ Bickering about petty things.
⦁ Deflecting, evading, and refusing.
⦁ Justifying or rationalizing Scriptures.
⦁ Angry outlashes on the Trinity or the Hypostatic Union.

The list can go on and on, but those are the most common ones I've encountered. Don't be impressed by that, it isn't apologetics but a denial. The thing is, denying the truth doesn't change the facts, the truth still goes on existing, regardless of what one thinks. Why do Unitarians come into Trinity forums and become disruptive? A Unitarian might give you different answers to that question. I suppose you can do a thought experiment thread and psychologically examine their spiritual underlying condition. Either case, don't fool yourself and think Unitarians are just there for apologetics training only, since there is something more sinister. But, rather, the actual underlying of their agenda, which is driven by a spirit and embedded by the root of denial.

ESV 2 Peter 2:1-3 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will l their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

It is much more than Mormons, Witnesses, etc.

I believe a Christian needs to be careful throwing around the word "cult." And I'm not implying you are doing such things, but simply expressing my thoughts on the topic. Because the word cult in this context is not a derogatory term referring to a group of crazy people following a dynamic and charismatic leader who urges them and forces them to do all kind sorts of strange things. So, it's not derogatory in that sense, but that they have deviated and departed from the normative basic fundamental doctrines of Christianity. I personally define a cult, as "a perversion, a distortion of Biblical Christianity and/or a rejection of the historic teachings of the Christian church."

Basic Discernment:
1. Perversion of the Gospel
2. Distortion of Biblical Terminologies
3. Rejection of Historical/Theological Terminologies
4. Deviation from Essential Doctrines

When dealing with cults, like BU, JW, and LDS, etc. there is a phrase commonly known as "Terminology Block" (like: God, Jesus Christ, in the flesh, I'm sure you get the point) and its part of their deception. Just because a JW say, "I believe in the incarnation" doesn't mean we are in agreement. It's true that a JW are using Biblical terms (like "in the flesh), but they have redefined those terms to fit their own man-made Christology. Basically, a JW have essentially emptied biblical terms of all of its content. Then they have replaced the content with a perverted Christological heresy. Even twisting and distorting the heresies to be some kind of neo-type version or combining them all together. After that they spray paint it over with Biblical words and terminology. The outer wrapping looks nice and seems like its Biblical. But when you examine the content and essence of the package (basic discernment 1-4). The term "God," "Jesus Christ," and "in the flesh" was redefined to fit their own Christology. Their Jesus looks like the real Jesus Christ only on the surface. After you dig a little and another one of those false Christs rises up.

When dealing with cults, like BU, JW, and LDS, etc. there is a phrase commonly known as "Terminology Block" (like: God, Jesus Christ, in the flesh, I'm sure you get the point) and its part of their deception. Just because a JW say, "I believe in the incarnation" doesn't mean we are in agreement. It's true that a JW are using Biblical terms (like "in the flesh), but they have redefined those terms to fit their own man-made Christology. Basically, a JW have essentially emptied biblical terms of all of its content. Then they have replaced the content with a perverted Christological heresy. Even twisting and distorting the heresies to be some kind of neo-type version or combining them all together. After that they spray paint it over with Biblical words and terminology. The outer wrapping looks nice and seems like its Biblical. But when you examine the content and essence of the package (basic discernment 1-4). The term "God," "Jesus Christ," and "in the flesh" was redefined to fit their own Christology. Their Jesus looks like the real Jesus Christ only on the surface. After you dig a little and another one of those false Christs rises up.
I grew up in Christian Science and they did that same thing. Changed the definition of Bible words. It makes it nearly impossible to discern what is actually being said, and awhile to get it out of ones head if they come out of the false teaching. Difficult to communicate with them once one has escaped. Divine Science---same thing. Even God has become not who He is, not even a personal being, but Divine Mind---and what the heck does that mean?!

I would add to your definition of a cult (andI agree that not all are malicious, but nevertheless dangerous). Cults typically have a leader that stands over the entire religion as to its doctrines and practices, even after that person is dead. Cultish is sometimes a better word.

Have you ever encountered the "antichrist"? They love hanging out in apologetics Trinity platforms.

A antichrist is also a spiritual underlying condition in a person's human spirit. Because that antichrist begins working in people on a spiritual level. Spiritually this causes a person to touch in agreement with that certain realities and understood as a continuous denial confession (self-proclaimed denials) or to say the same open denials to others repeatedly. For instance, you would think there would be common grounds between a Trinitarian and a Unitarian, namely that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah), right? No. It's not hard to discern the antichrist. As soon you mention that Jesus Christ is also God. That's where a Unitarian's spiritual underlying condition will act out in disorderly and in a denial blaspheming manner. After that, you will notice in every post Unitarian personally make, its always in the form of self-proclaimed open publicly denial confessions like "Trinity this blah, blah," and "Hypostatic Union that blah, blah." Or something along those lines.

In other words, Unitarians are exhibiting the characteristics of the one known as the antichrist. The antichrist has already come and is still here in the present day of age. Now one of the attributes of the antiChrist spirit is denial. Majority of Unitarians will say they believe Jesus is the Christ. But it's a denial that Jesus Christ is both God and Man, which is equivalent to denying the Father and the Son. Here are common characteristics of someone in denial when discussing "Jesus Christ is God."

⦁ Blaming other people.
⦁ Bickering about petty things.
⦁ Deflecting, evading, and refusing.
⦁ Justifying or rationalizing Scriptures.
⦁ Angry outlashes on the Trinity or the Hypostatic Union.

The list can go on and on, but those are the most common ones I've encountered. Don't be impressed by that, it isn't apologetics but a denial. The thing is, denying the truth doesn't change the facts, the truth still goes on existing, regardless of what one thinks. Why do Unitarians come into Trinity forums and become disruptive? A Unitarian might give you different answers to that question. I suppose you can do a thought experiment thread and psychologically examine their spiritual underlying condition. Either case, don't fool yourself and think Unitarians are just there for apologetics training only, since there is something more sinister. But, rather, the actual underlying of their agenda, which is driven by a spirit and embedded by the root of denial.
I have encountered Unitarians and their methods more times than I care to. I would classify it as cultish, in that its adherents are so brainwashed as to not be able to hear anything other than what they have been taught. Their thinking and reason cannot comprehend what is outside of that box. I once had a number of exchanges with one who had adopted three different false teachings and combined them together. Unitarianism, Open Theism, and the more radical forms of the Charismatic. His exchanges often quickly devolved into three word responses given as fiats. "No it isn't." "Yes it is."

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19

Cos the true shepherds are apostles

No apostles no truth:
Apostles commanded to teach all men! Matt 28:19

No apostles No sacramental grace:
Apostles commanded to sanctify all men! Matt 28:19 2 pet 1:11

No apostles no salvation: Show way of salvation. Acts 16:17

No apostles no one for the HS to lead into all truth. Jn 16:13 Jn 8:32 the pillar of truth. 1 Tim 3:25

Truth and error known by obedience to the apostles. 1 Jn 4:6

No apostles no priests to offer the Propitious atoning sacrifice of Christ, or to administer the sacraments the fruits (grace) of His sacrifice. Mal 1:11

No apostles no new covenant church, the only ark of salvation. Matt 16:18-19 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20
No apostles no one to absolve from sin. Jn 20:23 1 Jn 1:9

The apostolic church was commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation Matt 28:19

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:24 and apostolic Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Matt 18:18 eph 2:20

No apostles no truth:

No apostles no one for the HS to lead into all truth. Jn 16:13 Jn 8:32 the pillar of truth. 1 Tim 3:25

No apostles no priests to offer the Propitious atoning sacrifice of Christ, or to administer the sacraments the fruits (grace) of His sacrifice. Mal 1:11

No apostles no new covenant church, the only ark of salvation. Matt 16:18-19 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20

The apostolic church was commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation Matt 28:19

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:24 and apostolic Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Matt 18:18 eph 2:20
Yes one single religion,( 1 Cor 1:10) lead by these Matt 24:45--They are lead by Jesus.

No apostles no truth:

If no No living abiding word of God (sola scriptura) then no new creatures. Sounds like you need a lesson in what is "carnal" dying and what is "spiritual" not seen "living" ..

Destroying the foundation of meaning of the word apostle "sent messenger" sent with all things writen in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

Abel the apostle sent with the word of God the first recorded martyr (dying witness of the gospel)

Psalm 11:3If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Like David above . .the apostle in the Psalms' declaring if the unbelievers destroy the foundation of a doctrine of eternal God what could those do that are trusting the foundation (as it is written) of the spiritual unseen things of God.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Today you can end the division of those who lust after the flesh and lust after the eye the two building blocks of false pride

1 Corinthians 3:1-11King James Version3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

We gain nothing from the obedience of their work. . . yoked with the power of Fathers labor of love. That kind of work is two working as one coming from the faith or understanding of one.

He sends them out even today two by two .(1) The temporal seen witness, the Son of man bearing the witness of the father (2) the power to raise dying mankind to new spiritual life .

The dynamic duo .

Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Back