• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

GOD MADE NO COVENANT WITH GENTILES

jeremiah1five

BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
Reaction score
Country
USA
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:1–7.

The Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant in which a man and his wife were given outstanding promises for not only him and his immediate children but for their descendants also. A covenant in which a Redeemer and King would be born to remove the sins of God's covenant people and give them eternal life. And from this day forward God has been working to that end using only this covenant and no other for there is no other Name by which anyone will be saved but the Name of God: Yahweh (YHWH.) It is only through this covenant will God save His Chosen people Israel. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. But Gentiles are not excluded for there are many prophecies through the decades sent to Israel from God's prophets that Gentiles will be included, and we later find from the writings of Paul, grafted in along with the natural branches of the Olive Tree, which is Israel, that Israel will be the light to lead the Gentiles to Jerusalem to worship God alongside them.

The Church, or Great Congregation of the LORD is Israel. The Bride of Christ is Israel for God says in the Old Testament that He is betrothed to Israel forever. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
When all is said and done, and Israel's Messiah and King sits on the throne of David to rule His people from Jerusalem there will be a Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride. Israel is there by covenant, but Gentiles will be there by invitation.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
But you Gentiles have receive an invitation to partake of the blessings God has bestowed upon Abram, Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel and their descendants.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 1
2 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:11–29.

All well and good but God has made no covenant with Gentiles.

What is Paul referring to here...

Romans 11:17 (KJV) And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

and here...

Romans 10:12 (KJV) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
(The title to this thread appears to set a difference, i.e. The Jews have a Covenant, the Gentiles have none.)

What is Paul referring to here...

Romans 11:17 (KJV) And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

and here...

Romans 10:12 (KJV) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
(The title to this thread appears to set a difference, i.e. The Jews have a Covenant, the Gentiles have none.)
The Olive tree is Israel, and she is described as natural branches in the Garden of God.
The wild olive tree are Gentiles who are grafted into the Olive tree by God.

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Rom. 11:18–21.

Take heed.

1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:1–7.

The Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant in which a man and his wife were given outstanding promises for not only him and his immediate children but for their descendants also. A covenant in which a Redeemer and King would be born to remove the sins of God's covenant people and give them eternal life. And from this day forward God has been working to that end using only this covenant and no other for there is no other Name by which anyone will be saved but the Name of God: Yahweh (YHWH.) It is only through this covenant will God save His Chosen people Israel. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. But Gentiles are not excluded for there are many prophecies through the decades sent to Israel from God's prophets that Gentiles will be included, and we later find from the writings of Paul, grafted in along with the natural branches of the Olive Tree, which is Israel, that Israel will be the light to lead the Gentiles to Jerusalem to worship God alongside them.

The Church, or Great Congregation of the LORD is Israel. The Bride of Christ is Israel for God says in the Old Testament that He is betrothed to Israel forever. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
When all is said and done, and Israel's Messiah and King sits on the throne of David to rule His people from Jerusalem there will be a Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride. Israel is there by covenant, but Gentiles will be there by invitation.
But you Gentiles have receive an invitation to partake of the blessings God has bestowed upon Abram, Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel and their descendants.
The verses that you used to support your claim that God has made no covenants with Gentiles in reality demonstrate that your claim is false. It doesn't say that Abraham will be the father of one nation, but of many nations. Moreover, it says that the covenant was made not just with Abraham, but with his children. In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works as him, so the way that the children of Abraham are multiplied in accordance with the promise is not through having many physical descendants, but through turning people from their wickedness and teaching them to do the same works as Abraham in accordance with spreading the Gospel, so the covenant is also made with Gentiles who believe the Gospel. In Galatians 3:26-29, all those who are children of God through faith in Christ are also children of Abraham, heirs to the promise and the Abrahamic covenant is made with all those who are children of Abraham.

In Matthew 4:15-23, Christ began his Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and God's law is how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel message, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to all nations (Matthew 24:12-14). Moreover, that Gospel message is in accordance with Jesus being sent in fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26), which is the Gospel that was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise (Galatians 3:8), which he spread to Gentiles in Haran in accordance with the promise (Genesis 12:1-5).

In addition, in Exodus 12:38, there was a mixed multitude that came up out of Egypt with the Israelites, so there were Gentiles at the foot of Sinai, and in Joshua 8:33, Israel was inclusive of both the foreigner and the native born, so Gentile are welcome to become followers of the God of Israel in accordance with the covenants of promise through faith in Christ. In Ephesians 2:19, through faith in Christ, Gentiles are no longer strangers or aliens to the covenants of promise, but are fellow citizens of Israel along with the saints in the household of God. Lastly, the Noahide covenant is a covenant that God made with Gentiles.

The verses that you used to support your claim that God has made no covenants with Gentiles in reality demonstrate that your claim is false. It doesn't say that Abraham will be the father of one nation, but of many nations. Moreover, it says that the covenant was made not just with Abraham, but with his children.
Abraham was the father of many nations and kings and princes would come from him. And they did through Ishamel and his twelve sons who spread out in the Arabian Peninsula and was also in covenant with God and God did make of him a great people and nations were born from him. But there is no covenant God made with Gentiles.
In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works as him, so the way that the children of Abraham are multiplied in accordance with the promise is not through having many physical descendants, but through turning people from their wickedness and teaching them to do the same works as Abraham in accordance with spreading the Gospel, so the covenant is also made with Gentiles who believe the Gospel.
There is no doubt that Jesus was come to His Chosen people Israel. Jesus did not come to the world although He was in the world and the world was made by Him. Thus, in Jesus' day He was dealing with a family of tribes from Jacob's loins, and He is correct that if they were of Abraham's children (and they were still) they would do the same works but through corruption they did not do that. Jesus did not reject them as He was bound to honor His covenant with Abraham and his descendants and spoke to their sinful was as He had done throughout Israel's history in sending them prophets to point the way back to God. Still, God was duty-bound to His covenant and was faithful to His Promise.
But God made no covenant with Gentiles. Gentiles are grafted in with the natural branches. Gentile believers will not be at the Marriage Supper except by invitation while the descendants of Abraham will be there by covenant.
In Galatians 3:26-29, all those who are children of God through faith in Christ are also children of Abraham, heirs to the promise and the Abrahamic covenant is made with all those who are children of Abraham.
Paul is speaking to his Jewish brethren who are Christian as you can see by his references to their Law:

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Gal. 3:19–29.

His whole discourse had to do with the connection of Abraham and Abraham's Seed who is Christ. He informs his Jewish brethren that have accepted their Messiah that they have not been separated from the Abrahamic Covenant but that if they are Christ's they are also belonging to Abraham.
And one more thing in what Paul said: as a priest one of their philosophical/theological mantras was they prayed God and thanked Him that they were not born a Greek (Gentile), nor a slave, nor female. In one sentence Paul destroys that theology.
In Matthew 4:15-23, Christ began his Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and God's law is how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel message, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to all nations (Matthew 24:12-14).
Jesus Christ Israel's Messiah was Promised to Israel and to Israel He came. He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel (including all twelve tribes and both northern and southern kingdoms.) The message of "Repent!" was given to the lost sheep of the House of Israel not to Gentiles.
Moreover, that Gospel message is in accordance with Jesus being sent in fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26), which is the Gospel that was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise (Galatians 3:8), which he spread to Gentiles in Haran in accordance with the promise (Genesis 12:1-5).
But the message is a Jewish one sent to God's covenant people of twelve tribes and their descendants. Jesus Christ came to turn Israel from their sins and to die for His Bride who is Israel.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities. Acts 3:25–26.

As you can see this message is to Israel.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. Gal. 3:8–9.

Taking 'heathen' in context to the Abrahamic Covenant these are those of Gentile descent that would come to know Jesus Christ through the Abrahamic Covenant, but God has made no covenant with Gentiles. Gentile believers are grafted into the Olive Tree (Israel) whose branches were broken off because of unbelief. And yes, many in Gentile nations would be blessed but God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
In addition, in Exodus 12:38, there was a mixed multitude that came up out of Egypt with the Israelites, so there were Gentiles at the foot of Sinai, and in Joshua 8:33,
33 And all Israel, and their elders, and officers, and their judges, stood on this side the ark and on that side before the priests the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, as well the stranger, as he that was born among them; half of them over against mount Gerizim, and half of them over against mount Ebal; as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded before, that they should bless the people of Israel. Josh. 8:33.

There were a minority of 'strangers' that were born among them, but you can't make the case they were Gentiles except that they most likely were Egyptians and possibly descendants of Ishmael. And they were instructed to give honor to Israel in whom was the Abrahamic Covenant. But God made no covenant with Gentiles.
Israel was inclusive of both the foreigner and the native born, so Gentile are welcome to become followers of the God of Israel in accordance with the covenants of promise through faith in Christ.
These were called 'converts' to the Hebrew religion (Abrahamic Covenant.) But it was a great minority. And because of the covenant God made with Ishmael, a son of Abraham, they would most likely have accepted that the Promise went through Isaac and not Ishmael. But God made no covenant with Gentiles.
In Ephesians 2:19, through faith in Christ, Gentiles are no longer strangers or aliens to the covenants of promise, but are fellow citizens of Israel along with the saints in the household of God. Lastly, the Noahide covenant is a covenant that God made with Gentiles.
These are those who received blessings of Abraham.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Eph 2:11–12, 19-22.

Take note that the implication is that before Christ Gentiles were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.
It is presently (at the time it was occurring and soon written) only through Christ that Gentiles received blessings due to the covenant God made with Abraham as stated in Genesis. Also note that the saints Paul speaks of are Israel.

But God made no covenant with Gentiles.

The Olive tree is Israel, and she is described as natural branches in the Garden of God.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Rom. 11:18–21.

Take heed.
Thank you, am I to wait for your explanation of the 2nd part?...

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Abraham received circumcision at 99yrs. of age (Gen 17), he received the promise by which he was justified (Gen 12) at 75 yrs. So he was a Gentile, not a Jew for 24 years having an unconditional covenant (Abrahamic)

Thank you, am I to wait for your explanation of the 2nd part?...

Between you and I my response reached the 10,000-character limit so I edited it, but your Scripture doesn't describe any covenant God made with Gentiles, only the blessings they received through God's covenant with Abraham.
The same Lord (Jesus Christ, Israel's Messiah) over all (Jew and Gentile believers) is rich unto all who worship Him ("call upon Him" is an OT term that describes worship, not that a person makes a verbal call out to God for salvation.)
As David said:

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest,
And causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts:
Ps 65:4.

And there is a difference:

32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
1 Cor. 10:31–32.

Abraham received circumcision at 99yrs. of age (Gen 17), he received the promise by which he was justified (Gen 12) at 75 yrs. So he was a Gentile, not a Jew for 24 years having an unconditional covenant (Abrahamic)
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Gen. 12:2–3.

Many in the Gentile Church teach that God called out Abraham to go "to a land [God] would show him" and they say Abraham got up to go and he did not knowing where he was going.
This is only God's 'selling point,' an incentive of what He was to do when he left in obedience. It is not the covenant of Genesis 17 for the covenant God made with Abraham included a sign and that sign was circumcision.

10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. Gen. 17:10–11.

But God made no covenant with Gentiles. He made it with Abraham which covenant is the beginning of the Jewish race. Circumcision was the sign that separated Jews from Gentiles, and as you know, hopefully, when God began to bring in Gentiles with the addition and grafting in of Cornelius, he received the Promised Holy Spirit without being having to be circumcised.

Acts 2:33, 39; 10:44-45.

Between you and I my response reached the 10,000-character limit so I edited it, but your Scripture doesn't describe any covenant God made with Gentiles, only the blessings they received through God's covenant with Abraham.
The same Lord (Jesus Christ, Israel's Messiah) over all (Jew and Gentile believers) is rich unto all who worship Him ("call upon Him" is an OT term that describes worship, not that a person makes a verbal call out to God for salvation.)
As David said:

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest,
And causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts:
Ps 65:4.

And there is a difference:

32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
1 Cor. 10:31–32.
Thank you, but I take the unconditional covenant of Abraham as...

“Now the Lord said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing." Gen 12:1

MY point was that Abraham was a Gentile at this stage.

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Gen. 12:2–3.

Many in the Gentile Church teach that God called out Abraham to go "to a land [God] would show him" and they say Abraham got up to go and he did not knowing where he was going.
This is only God's 'selling point,' an incentive of what He was to do when he left in obedience. It is not the covenant of Genesis 17 for the covenant God made with Abraham included a sign and that sign was circumcision.

10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. Gen. 17:10–11.

But God made no covenant with Gentiles. He made it with Abraham which covenant is the beginning of the Jewish race. Circumcision was the sign that separated Jews from Gentiles, and as you know, hopefully, when God began to bring in Gentiles with the addition and grafting in of Cornelius, he received the Promised Holy Spirit without being having to be circumcised.

Acts 2:33, 39; 10:44-45.
It looks like this hinges on 'what constitutes a covenant?'.

Thank you, but I take the unconditional covenant of Abraham as...
“Now the Lord said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing." Gen 12:1
MY point was that Abraham was a Gentile at this stage.
Nice try.
But the covenant was not entered until Abraham agreed to the sign of circumcision. This was a sign of the covenant made in Genesis 17.
Case in point: a woman who has agreed to enter into the marriage covenant with a man by mere agreement to enter this covenant is not married. It is only when the ceremony before the correct authority to do so has been performed that the woman and man are legally married.

Thus, the mere agreement to leave his family and go to a place God would later tell him is not a covenant.

Besides, the Hebrew people that would enter the covenant with God came from Shem, one of the sons of Noah. And Abraham was of the lineage of Shem from whom also Israel's Savior as per the Abrahamic Covenant would be born. Abraham was not Gentile as Gentiles came from Noah's sons Ham and Japheth.

But let's look at your erroneous belief that the Covenant of God through whom the Savior would be born was Gentile. This means that thousands of Redemption history would be wrong. Another thing is that Jesus should not and would not have been circumcised.

But He was circumcised in keeping with the Covenant God made with Abraham and the seal of that covenant was circumcision. The same with baptism. The same with Paul's assertion that "the seal of his apostleship" was the existence of the Jewish Christians through which his testimony of Israel's Messiah was found in Jesus Christ who was slain on a tree.

But God made no covenant with Gentiles.

What I mean was your definition of a covenant is not the same as others. Many consider Gen 12 as a covenant.
Many would consider that, but the Biblical covenant God enjoined with Abraham was entered in described in Genesis 17 and the sign or seal of that covenant is circumcision. This covenant is what officially differentiated the Hebrews being God's covenant people and Gentiles who were at the time excluded.

The olive tree is the people of God going all the way back to Abraham, of whom the holy patriarchs are its root (Ro 11:16).
Until the NT, the branches on the tree were Israel.

Those of Israel who rejected the Messiah were cut off the tree, and the Gentiles who received the Messiah were grafted on in their place.
Israel's destiny, IF they do not persist in unbelief, is to be grafted back into the one olive tree of God's people, the church, going all the way back to Abraham (Ro 11:23).

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 1
2 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:11–29.

All well and good but God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
The New Covenant is with all who are in Christ, including Gentiles.

The olive tree is the people of God going all the way back to Abraham, of whom the holy patriarchs are its root (Ro 11:16).
Until the NT, the branches on the tree were Israel.

Those of Israel who rejected the Messiah were cut off the tree, and the Gentiles who received the Messiah were grafted on in their place.
Israel's destiny, IF they do not persist in unbelief, is to be grafted back into the one olive tree of God's people, the church, going all the way back to Abraham (Ro 11:23).
Israel is betrothed to God:

19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever;
Yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment,
And in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness:
And thou shalt know the LORD.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day,
I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens,
And they shall hear the earth;
22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil;
And they shall hear Jezreel.
23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth;
And I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy;
And I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people;
And they shall say, Thou art my God.
Hosea 2:19–23.

She is His Bride and Scripture says that Christ died for His Bride who is Israel.

Israel is betrothed to God:

She is His Bride and Scripture says that Christ died for His Bride who is Israel.
You don't know the Messianic Scriptures, in the light of which all Scripture is to be understood.

All those in Christ, and only those in Christ, are the Bride (Eph 5:30-32), which is the body of Christ (Eph 5:23).

Unbelieving Israel is cut off, and believing Gentiles are grafted into the people of God (Ro 11:17-23).

Back