• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

God’s Messengers

ShepherdsPie

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
IMG_8614.jpeg

Here’s a little study I’m starting on four special angels that God uses in mighty ways. They are archangels created by God, and they stand in God's presence. They are messengers sent from God to deliver His messages (tidings) to mankind:

Michael means "Who is like God?" or "Who is equal to God?"

Raphael means "It is God who heals" or "God Heals"

Gabriel means "God is my strength" or "Might of God"

Phanuel means "Face of God"

These are the four angels of the Most High God. These four are always mentioned when something is about to happen. For example, in:

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

This is a fascinating subject, methinks. Anybody want to share some further information/scriptures regarding these awesome messengers of God?

Blessings like His love —Pie

View attachment 953

Here’s a little study I’m starting on four special angels that God uses in mighty ways. They are archangels created by God, and they stand in God's presence. They are messengers sent from God to deliver His messages (tidings) to mankind:

These are the four angels of the Most High God. These four are always mentioned when something is about to happen. For example, in:

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

This is a fascinating subject, methinks. Anybody want to share some further information/scriptures regarding these awesome messengers of God?

Great topic, @ShepherdsPie !:) Scripture teaches us everything we need to know for living a blessed and godly life in the here and now. We have been given so much to enjoy; but if we live long enough, we will experience enough pain to make us look forward to our life to come. I think we’re all curious about what our spiritual bodies might be like and what it will be like to see Jesus and other heavenly beings. As the famous Mercy Me song says, “I can only imagine!” The Bible doesn’t tell us a whole lot about angels, but we do have some powerful examples of how our Father has used them in the past to communicate.

I found two instances when Gabriel appeared to man. The first is to Daniel in Daniel 8:

15 Then it happened, when I, Daniel, had seen the vision and was seeking the meaning, that suddenly there stood before me one having the appearance of a man. 16 And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of the Ulai, who called, and said, “Gabriel, make this manunderstand the vision.” 17 So he came near where I stood, and when he came I was afraid and fell on my face; but he said to me, “Understand, son of man, that the vision refers to the time of the end.”

18 Now, as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep with my face to the ground; but he touched me, and stood me upright. 19 And he said, “Look, I am making known to you what shall happen in the latter time of the indignation; for at the appointed time the end shall be.

From scripture, we can tell that Gabriel follows orders—and that the sight of him must be quite intimidating, since Daniel actually falls on his face. Gabriel is also given the power to bring Daniel to his feet with a single touch. Wow!

The second time I see Gabriel in scripture is in the 1st chapter of Luke, when he appears to Zacharias with some very special news:

8 So it was, that while he [Zacharias] was serving as priest before God in the order of his division, 9 according to the custom of the priesthood, his lot fell to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. 10 And the whole multitude of the people was praying outside at the hour of incense. 11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense. 12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John. 14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. 16 And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

18 And Zacharias said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is well advanced in years.”

19 And the angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings. 20 But behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which will be fulfilled in their own time.”

Like Daniel, Zacharias is afraid when he sees Gabriel; so I assume Gabriel is very much “larger than life.” Also, as in the appearance to Daniel, Gabriel obediently and very boldly delivers a message straight from God—great news, an answer to his prayers, and knowledge that his child will be a special servant of God with a specific ministry. Unbelievable? Definitely not, as Zacharias finds out when his voice is taken away for his moment of unbelief.

I love reading about the boldness of Gabriel, the faithful messenger of God; more than that, I love the reminder of how important it is to listen! The Word of God speaks. We may not be visited by an angel, but we have the Word.

Great topic, @ShepherdsPie !:) Scripture teaches us everything we need to know for living a blessed and godly life in the here and now. We have been given so much to enjoy; but if we live long enough, we will experience enough pain to make us look forward to our life to come. I think we’re all curious about what our spiritual bodies might be like and what it will be like to see Jesus and other heavenly beings. As the famous Mercy Me song says, “I can only imagine!” The Bible doesn’t tell us a whole lot about angels, but we do have some powerful examples of how our Father has used them in the past to communicate.

I found two instances when Gabriel appeared to man. The first is to Daniel in Daniel 8:

15 Then it happened, when I, Daniel, had seen the vision and was seeking the meaning, that suddenly there stood before me one having the appearance of a man. 16 And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of the Ulai, who called, and said, “Gabriel, make this manunderstand the vision.” 17 So he came near where I stood, and when he came I was afraid and fell on my face; but he said to me, “Understand, son of man, that the vision refers to the time of the end.”

18 Now, as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep with my face to the ground; but he touched me, and stood me upright. 19 And he said, “Look, I am making known to you what shall happen in the latter time of the indignation; for at the appointed time the end shall be.

From scripture, we can tell that Gabriel follows orders—and that the sight of him must be quite intimidating, since Daniel actually falls on his face. Gabriel is also given the power to bring Daniel to his feet with a single touch. Wow!

The second time I see Gabriel in scripture is in the 1st chapter of Luke, when he appears to Zacharias with some very special news:

8 So it was, that while he [Zacharias] was serving as priest before God in the order of his division, 9 according to the custom of the priesthood, his lot fell to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. 10 And the whole multitude of the people was praying outside at the hour of incense. 11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense. 12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John. 14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. 16 And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

18 And Zacharias said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is well advanced in years.”

19 And the angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings. 20 But behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which will be fulfilled in their own time.”

Like Daniel, Zacharias is afraid when he sees Gabriel; so I assume Gabriel is very much “larger than life.” Also, as in the appearance to Daniel, Gabriel obediently and very boldly delivers a message straight from God—great news, an answer to his prayers, and knowledge that his child will be a special servant of God with a specific ministry. Unbelievable? Definitely not, as Zacharias finds out when his voice is taken away for his moment of unbelief.

I love reading about the boldness of Gabriel, the faithful messenger of God; more than that, I love the reminder of how important it is to listen! The Word of God speaks. We may not be visited by an angel, but we have the Word.
Awesome contribution there, my friend. God bless you forEVER!

And then in Luke 1:26, Gabriel delivers to Mary the best glad tidings that could ever be!

Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!" But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
IMG_5750.gif

- Luke 1:26-31 (NKJV)

—Pie

View attachment 953

How do you know the Rev 7:1 reference is about those four?

Well I don’t know…You can call it speculation if you like… it could be four other archangels. :rolleyes:

And here we find Michael the archangel fighting with Satan in heaven:
And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

- Revelation 12:7-9 (NKJV)

And in the book of Daniel, Michael helps Daniel.
Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands. And he said to me, "O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you." While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling. Then he said to me, "Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. "Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come."

- Daniel 10:10-14 (NKJV)

View attachment 953

I would offer. .

The Greek Angelous meaning . . sent messenger (apostle) how beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel

No invisible Creation .Christ in us the hope of His glory . Not a legion of what some call angels or patron saints his and hers gods

Michael means "Who is like God? "none of the apostles are are like God the Creator .Again sent messengers

@makesends …. Probably no one can know for sure that these four specific archangels are the ones referenced in Rev 7:1. There is no reference to the four of them together in the canonical scripture.

However, in the Apocrypha, Enoch 53:6, we see this:

6. Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel shall be strengthened in that day, and shall then cast them into a furnace of blazing fire, that the Lord of spirits may be avenged of them for their crimes; because they became ministers of Satan, and seduced those who dwell upon earth.

Knowing that there is controversy regarding the inspiration of Enoch’s words, we certainly can consider that Enoch walked with God.

@makesends …. Probably no one can know for sure that these four specific archangels are the ones referenced in Rev 7:1. There is no reference to the four of them together in the canonical scripture.

6. Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel shall be strengthened in that day, and shall then cast them into a furnace of blazing fire, that the Lord of spirits may be avenged of them for their crimes; because they became ministers of Satan, and seduced those who dwell upon earth.

Knowing that there is controversy regarding the inspiration of Enoch’s words, we certainly can consider that Enoch walked with God.
The apostle Jude recorded The one prophecy (10 words ) Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 10 words. Not a book .

Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

A parallel prophecy spoken of in Deuteronomy

Deuteronomy 33:2 And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Why the difference between the two translations

6. And after this the Righteous and Chosen One will cause the house of his congregation to appear; from then on, in the name of the Lord of Spirits, they (apostles) will not be hindered.

Well I don’t know…You can call it speculation if you like… it could be four other archangels. :rolleyes:
Why do you call them archangels? Does it say that?

Yes, @makesends , the Bible specifically refers to Michael as an archangel in Jude 1:9:

9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

And Paul mentions the voice of an archangel in conjunction with Christ’s glorious return in 1Thessalonians 4:16:

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Also, Daniel 10 relates, I believe, a visit to Daniel from one of God’s special messengers. I’m sure you’ve all read it, so I won’t post it here; but it’s always good to go back to a familiar passage with new eyes.

To do a study on angels, one has to piece together bits of knowledge from scripture—maybe so that we humans who may be curious about what is going on in the spiritual realm will remember that archangels, no matter how imposing and important they may seem, are NOT to be worshipped. They are merely God’s obedient, forthright messengers. It is the MESSAGE that is to be heeded.

Just some additional info for those who care to be a little more analytical:

Strong's Concordance
archaggelos: a chief angel, i.e. archangel​
Original Word: ἀρχάγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: archaggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khang'-el-os)
Definition: a chief angel, archangel
Usage: a ruler of angels, a superior angel, an archangel.
HELPS Word-studies
743 arxággelos (from 758 /árxōn, "of the first order, chief" and 32 /ággelos, "angel") – an archangel; an angel of the highest rank (see Dan 10:13, 12:1; see also Lk 1:19; Rev 8:2, 12:7); "a ruler of angels, a superior angel, an archangel" (Souter).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from archó and aggelos
Definition
a chief angel, i.e. archangel
NASB Translation
archangel (2).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 743: ἀρχάγγελος

ἀρχάγγελος, ἀρχαγγέλου, ὁ (from ἀρχι, which see, and ἄγγελος), a Biblical and ecclesiastical word, archangel, i. e. chief of the angels (Hebrew שַׂר chief, prince, Daniel 10:20; Daniel 12:1), or one of the princes and leaders of the angels (הָרִאשֹׁנִים הַשָּׂרִים, Daniel 10:13): 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 1:9. For the Jews after the exile distinguished several orders of angels, and some (as the author of the Book of Enoch, 9:1ff; cf. Dillmann at the passage, p. 97f) reckoned four angels (answering to the four sides of the throne of God) of the highest rank; but others, and apparently the majority (Tobit 12:15, where cf. Fritzsche; Revelation 8:2), reckoned seven (after the pattern of the seven Amshaspands, the high est spirits in the religion of Zoroaster). See under the words, Γαβριήλ and Μιχαήλ.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
archangel.
From archo and aggelos; a chief angel -- archangel.
see GREEK archo
see GREEK aggelos
Forms and Transliterations
αρχαγγελος αρχάγγελος ἀρχάγγελος αρχαγγελου αρχαγγέλου ἀρχαγγέλου archangelos archángelos archangelou archangélou
Links
Interlinear GreekInterlinear HebrewStrong's NumbersEnglishman's Greek ConcordanceEnglishman's Hebrew ConcordanceParallel Texts
Englishman's Concordance
1 Thessalonians 4:16 N-GMS
GRK: ἐν φωνῇ ἀρχαγγέλου καὶ ἐν
NAS: with the voice of [the] archangel and with the trumpet
KJV: the voice of the archangel, and
INT: with voice archangel's and with
Jude 1:9 N-NMS
GRK: Μιχαὴλ ὁ ἀρχάγγελος ὅτε τῷ
NAS: But Michael the archangel, when
KJV: Michael the archangel, when
INT: Michael the archangel when with the
Strong's Greek 743
2 Occurrences

ἀρχάγγελος — 1 Occ.
ἀρχαγγέλου — 1 Occ.

Not the most popular but it does seem to work out

A few words left in the original and not translated, Like "Angelos" as messengers and apostle sent messengers

I would think the Greek word Angelos translated into English is "sent messenger" literally "errand-spirit. "Ambassadors sent from a foreign land .

How beautiful are their feet

Angelos was changed to angel a fake word in the 3rd century to give the illusion of a spirit creation not seen, a legion of workers with a familiar spirit today called patron saint .

Christ in us with us. . . . not a legion of spirit his and hers gods .

Ark messenger chief the apostle Jesus the Son of man.... Not as I will but you father the one with power say to the mountains be cast into the sea of judgment the pillar of salt

2 Corinthians 11:4-6King James Version4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

I would think Jesus put on the face of God according to the knowledge of the revelations of Christ.

Jesus the Son of man was used a a perfect example of the word Michael teaching no man is like his Father as God . . no man to include the son of man Jesus born of woman . Jesus lovingly prophesied "marvel not " But rather believe

makesends said:
Why do you call them archangels? Does it say that?
Yes, @makesends , the Bible specifically refers to Michael as an archangel in Jude 1:9:

9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

And Paul mentions the voice of an archangel in conjunction with Christ’s glorious return in 1Thessalonians 4:16:

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Also, Daniel 10 relates, I believe, a visit to Daniel from one of God’s special messengers. I’m sure you’ve all read it, so I won’t post it here; but it’s always good to go back to a familiar passage with new eyes.

To do a study on angels, one has to piece together bits of knowledge from scripture—maybe so that we humans who may be curious about what is going on in the spiritual realm will remember that archangels, no matter how imposing and important they may seem, are NOT to be worshipped. They are merely God’s obedient, forthright messengers. It is the MESSAGE that is to be heeded.

Just some additional info for those who care to be a little more analytical:

Strong's Concordance
archaggelos: a chief angel, i.e. archangel​
Original Word: ἀρχάγγελος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: archaggelos
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-khang'-el-os)
Definition: a chief angel, archangel
Usage: a ruler of angels, a superior angel, an archangel.
HELPS Word-studies
743 arxággelos (from 758 /árxōn, "of the first order, chief" and 32 /ággelos, "angel") – an archangel; an angel of the highest rank (see Dan 10:13, 12:1; see also Lk 1:19; Rev 8:2, 12:7); "a ruler of angels, a superior angel, an archangel" (Souter).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from archó and aggelos
Definition
a chief angel, i.e. archangel
NASB Translation
archangel (2).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 743: ἀρχάγγελος

ἀρχάγγελος, ἀρχαγγέλου, ὁ (from ἀρχι, which see, and ἄγγελος), a Biblical and ecclesiastical word, archangel, i. e. chief of the angels (Hebrew שַׂר chief, prince, Daniel 10:20; Daniel 12:1), or one of the princes and leaders of the angels (הָרִאשֹׁנִים הַשָּׂרִים, Daniel 10:13): 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 1:9. For the Jews after the exile distinguished several orders of angels, and some (as the author of the Book of Enoch, 9:1ff; cf. Dillmann at the passage, p. 97f) reckoned four angels (answering to the four sides of the throne of God) of the highest rank; but others, and apparently the majority (Tobit 12:15, where cf. Fritzsche; Revelation 8:2), reckoned seven (after the pattern of the seven Amshaspands, the high est spirits in the religion of Zoroaster). See under the words, Γαβριήλ and Μιχαήλ.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
archangel.
From archo and aggelos; a chief angel -- archangel.
see GREEK archo
see GREEK aggelos
Forms and Transliterations
αρχαγγελος αρχάγγελος ἀρχάγγελος αρχαγγελου αρχαγγέλου ἀρχαγγέλου archangelos archángelos archangelou archangélou
Links
Interlinear GreekInterlinear HebrewStrong's NumbersEnglishman's Greek ConcordanceEnglishman's Hebrew ConcordanceParallel Texts
Englishman's Concordance
1 Thessalonians 4:16 N-GMS
GRK: ἐν φωνῇ ἀρχαγγέλου καὶ ἐν
NAS: with the voice of [the] archangel and with the trumpet
KJV: the voice of the archangel, and
INT: with voice archangel's and with
Jude 1:9 N-NMS
GRK: Μιχαὴλ ὁ ἀρχάγγελος ὅτε τῷ
NAS: But Michael the archangel, when
KJV: Michael the archangel, when
INT: Michael the archangel when with the
Strong's Greek 743
2 Occurrences

ἀρχάγγελος — 1 Occ.
ἀρχαγγέλου — 1 Occ.
You went to a lot of trouble to explain what I'm not asking you about. I didn't ask if Michael is an archangel, and I didn't say he wasn't. I asked how you know that the four angels in Rev 7:1 were archangels, and how you know it was those particular archangels. Are there no other archangels? It doesn't say one way or the other in that verse nor in the immediate context.

makesends said:

You went to a lot of trouble to explain what I'm not asking you about. I didn't ask if Michael is an archangel, and I didn't say he wasn't. I asked how you know that the four angels in Rev 7:1 were archangels, and how you know it was those particular archangels. Are there no other archangels? It doesn't say one way or the other in that verse nor in the immediate context.
Ah… @makesends … no trouble at all. I love everything I learn from and about the Word of my Father. :) I thought I had already answered you in Post #8…. no way to know for certain that the angels holding back the four winds are the specific archangels mentioned in the OP; however, three of them are specifically named in scripture, and the remaining one, Phanuel, can be found in the book of Enoch in the Apocrypha. Apparently, they were important enough to God that He wanted us to know their names. Or maybe, as I believe @Mr GLee is attempting to point out, they are a simply a perfect type of messenger—the kind we should aspire to be.

I don’t know whether there are other archangels, but I would suggest that anyone standing in the presence of the LORD (as Gabriel proclaims to do in Luke 1:19) should be honored to go where He sends and to do as He directs. I am thankful that God is patiently holding back those four winds in Revelation 7:1 until all the servants of God are sealed. The main point to me is what we can learn from scripture about angels. Do we allow ourselves to be used by God unfailingly, as they do? How do we divide our time? Are we as bold as we should be, knowing we have the power of the Holy Spirit within? I think it would be absolutely awesome to have no other concern (like the angels) than what Father wants me to do today.

Ah… @makesends … no trouble at all. I love everything I learn from and about the Word of my Father. :) I thought I had already answered you in Post #8…. no way to know for certain that the angels holding back the four winds are the specific archangels mentioned in the OP; however, three of them are specifically named in scripture, and the remaining one, Phanuel, can be found in the book of Enoch in the Apocrypha. Apparently, they were important enough to God that He wanted us to know their names. Or maybe, as I believe @Mr GLee is attempting to point out, they are a simply a perfect type of messenger—the kind we should aspire to be.

I don’t know whether there are other archangels, but I would suggest that anyone standing in the presence of the LORD (as Gabriel proclaims to do in Luke 1:19) should be honored to go where He sends and to do as He directs. I am thankful that God is patiently holding back those four winds in Revelation 7:1 until all the servants of God are sealed. The main point to me is what we can learn from scripture about angels. Do we allow ourselves to be used by God unfailingly, as they do? How do we divide our time? Are we as bold as we should be, knowing we have the power of the Holy Spirit within? I think it would be absolutely awesome to have no other concern (like the angels) than what Father wants me to do today.
Lolol, you still haven't answered the question. Where do you get the idea that the four angels of Rev 1:7 are archangels? You proclaimed, but backed off to some degree, as to which archangels held back the four winds, but you still haven't shown me how you know they are even archangels at all!

It's not that big a deal to me, except it chaps me pretty bad, when a believer starts proclaiming the facts as if they Know what the truth its, when it's really only speculation. You don't know they are even archangels, nevermind those four by name.

makesends said:

Christ our husband is not served by his creation "dying mankind". He has no needs and satisfies all.(Acts 17)

The apostle Jesus is the chief or arch apostle .(not angel fake word) . The winds from four corners (gospel) obey his vice

Mark 4:41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Four is used to represent universal

Revelation 6:17continuing Revelations 7;1 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (In the end no one can stand0 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow (gospel) on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. ( a famine for hearing the word)

Ezekiel 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

Back