• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

A short catechism

donadams

Well Known Member
Reaction score
A short catechism!

Jn 3:16 ((believe in Christ))
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27 ((union with Christ by faith & baptism))
Jn 15:4 ((we must abide in Christ))
1 cor 13:2 (( charity & not by faith alone))
Phil 1:29 ((suffering not by faith alone))
Matt 25 Jn 15:5 phil 4:13 ((grace vivifies our works to be meritorious and salutary))
Matt 24:13 ((endure to the end to be saved))
Jn 5:29 ((good unto life & evil unto death))
Romans 8:17 2 Tim 2:12 ((glorified with Christ if we suffer with Him))
Rom 2:6 Rev 2: 19 ((reward for good works done in no no Christ & grace))

A short catechism!

Matt 25 Jn 15:5 phil 4:13 ((grace vivifies our works to be meritorious and salutary))
Christ' faith or power also called a labor of his love is neve alone it provides the witness to the Power (let there be and "it was good" The law of Faith.
we are not save by our understanding /faith But his that he freely gives us ,calling us. "you that have little faith" plenty to please the Father yoked with him

He is the storeroom of new born again faith or unseen power His barns overflowing with his labor of love

(1Co 13:2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

(Php 1:29) For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,

"not by faith alone" is not in either text. That must be your own spin.

(1Co 13:2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

(Php 1:29) For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,

"not by faith alone" is not in either text. That must be your own spin.
Your doctrine is “faith alone” both of these imply something other than (((faith alone))) !!!

Your doctrine is “faith alone” both of these imply something other than (((faith alone))) !!!
The two verses I quoted of yours never mentioned 'not by faith alone' even though you interjected that phrase into those verses. Why?

I would offer another perspective.

Its the labor of Christ Love. . . a work of his faith alone ,

The law of Faith ."Let there be" and it was "God alone good"

The perfect laws, two laws working as one. The just the letter death (you will surely die) the justifier Christ the unseen spirit of the law again two making one perfect .

Two is the number used to identify One God has spoken.

The law of grace

Romans 3:26-28King James Version26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Faith to faith the spiritual unseen to the unseen spiritual

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Whose faith was Mary and Peter saved by?

The two verses I quoted of yours never mentioned 'not by faith alone' even though you interjected that phrase into those verses. Why?
How can it possibly be “faith ALONE”! Nothing added nothing period! If charity is required?

Faith and charity CANNOT equal
“Faith alone”!

Thks

Fundamentalism is faith without reason or in opposition to reason!

A short catechism!

How's all that working out for you?

Meaning just that. How you doing with your salvation ✅ off list? Have you made it through the ✅ off list yet? If the end for you is close...have you endured enough?

Meaning just that. How you doing with your salvation ✅ off list? Have you made it through the ✅ off list yet? If the end for you is close...have you endured enough?
We must be martyrs and die for Christ! Amen?

Welllllllllllllll...hows that working for you? can you not answer that question?
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Another way

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
What does take up the cross mean?

How often do you need to pick up the cross? Once? A dozen times? 100 times?

Thing is you don't know if you're saved. Do you?

Another way

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Thank you for those verses because they help show baptism is an expression of ones faith in Christ Jesus finished work on the cross.

No I know I am not saved, but in Christ and grace and in the process of salvation. Rom 8:1

How much faith is required?

The absolute teeniest tiniest a split second of faith?

Where’s that pesky alone word again?

Thks

No I know I am not saved, but in Christ and grace and in the process of salvation. Rom 8:1

Too bad for you. Perhaps when you wake up dead someday...you'll find out.

As for me, I know I'm saved. I pretty much pitty your never knowing to the end belief.

Thank you for those verses because they help show baptism is an expression of ones faith in Christ Jesus finished work on the cross.
Believers baptism?

Nobody ever heard of it for over 1500 years after Christ

Too bad for you. Perhaps when you wake up dead someday...you'll find out.

As for me, I know I'm saved. I pretty much pitty your never knowing to the end belief.
Then you reject the inspired word of God, (scripture) and the eternal words of Jesus???

Back