• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

WAS JESUS TEMPTED IN ALL POINTS AS WE ARE?

jeremiah1five

BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
Reaction score
Country
USA
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14.

Strong's: [G#1939] "lust"
Greek Word: ἐπιθυμία
Transliteration: epithymia
Defined as: from [G#1937] (epithumeo); a longing (especially for what is forbidden.)

No commentary necessary. If you can't accept this as written there is something wrong with you.
-----------------------------------------------------

1 Then was Jesus [the man] led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Mt 4:1–4.

Strong's: [G#1228] "devil"
Greek Word: διάβολος
Transliteration: diabolos
Part of Speech: adjective
Defined as: from [G#1225] (diaballo); a traducer;
Traducer: speak badly of or tell lies about (someone) so as to damage their reputation:

Time to test the human nature of the God-Man. But how can you make an adjective into a person or entity?
Jesus was hungered, saw the stones, and knew He could TRY to change them into bread. But then that would be disobedience and since the Holy Spirit rested upon Him could not and would not be the "Agent" to change those stones into bread to satisfy His being hungered. Jesus the man could not make those stones into bread. The Holy Spirit did all the miracles and healings etc., in accordance with the will of God the Father.
----------------------------------------------------

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Heb. 4:14–15.

Jesus the God-Man. I accept this. Fully human, fully God. Our High Priest.
If Jesus was tempted the way the Gentile Church believes it today, that Jesus was not alone in the desert, that the fallen angel "Satan" or "Lucifer" or whatever fallen angel you want to ascribe was with Him and the origin of Jesus' temptation then He CANNOT be our High Priest for He was not "tempted in all points as we are."

It was His human nature that was being tested, and after 40 days of not eating the flesh would want to eat something so this identifies that it was His human nature being tempted.
If our temptation comes from within as James says under the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit, then all our temptation - as well as Jesus' - comes from within, NOT without.
To the true born-again seeker of God's truth.
Think it through.

Greetings jeremiah1five,
Time to test the human nature of the God-Man.
I am not really sure of what you are really trying to prove or disprove, but I have a different perspective as I do not accept that Jesus is a God-Man. I believe that he is a human, now glorified, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. I believe that Jesus was tempted and tested in a much greater way than any of us, but he never yielded to the sin impulses of his human nature, the same human nature as us, and he possessed this human nature as a descendant of Adam through Mary.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings jeremiah1five,

I am not really sure of what you are really trying to prove or disprove, but I have a different perspective as I do not accept that Jesus is a God-Man. I believe that he is a human, now glorified, the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. I believe that Jesus was tempted and tested in a much greater way than any of us, but he never yielded to the sin impulses of his human nature, the same human nature as us, and he possessed this human nature as a descendant of Adam through Mary.

Kind regards
Trevor
If He is a Son of God, then He is God. Make the connection. You say it then disbelieve it.

Greetings again jeremiah1five,
If He is a Son of God, then He is God. Make the connection. You say it then disbelieve it.
You may have a different sort of dictionary, or a vivid imagination to equate father=son. Also Jesus is not "a Son of God", but he is THE Son of God. Also how do you fit the following into your deduction as we are now the sons of God:
1 John 3:1–3 (KJV): 1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Getting back to the subject of your thread, I would be interested in how you understand verse 3, especially the portion highlighted:
Romans 8:1–3 (KJV): 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Kind regards
Trevor

Back