• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Understanding the The 1000 Year Millennium in Prophecy

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Christ tells us what will happen, there will be two resurrestions, one for the saints and one when the wicked are brought up for damnation.
John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

WE see the same by Paul in Acts..
Acts 24:15
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

So both Jesus Christ and Paul spoke of two resurrections, the first being the resurrection of life for the just, and the second being the resurrection of damnation for the unjust. We also find it in Daniel,

Daniel 12:2
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

So we see these in Revelation 20, the two resurrections, one at the beginning of the 1000 years, and the other at the end. If you die before Jesus Christ returns, what resurrection will you be in? Now is the time to make sure we are true believers in Jesus Christ and real followers of His Holy Word. Take a careful look and it becomes clear.

Revelation 20:1-15
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We see in verse 6 that at the end, their will be the "first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power", which is "the resurrection of life". This one is of the righteous saints who he raises up and takes with him to heaven, and are reigning in heaven with Jesus. Then we have the other resurrection, "the resurrection of damnation" that is laid out...
Revelation 20:5
"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."

The wicked have been struck down and are dead so their is no one for Satan to temp, but this changes after the 1000 years...

Revelation 20:7-8
"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth".

Although not explicitly stated, it is obvious the unrighteous dead were resurrected after the 1000 years ended and Satan can now go about with his deceptions. They are now bound to the second death in which they will perish as they are consumed in the lake of fire.

We, the saints have the resurrection of life, 'Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection'. on which 'the second death hath no power'. And the second resurrection, which is of the wicked, the "resurrection of damnation" or as Daniel says of, "shame and everlasting contempt" in which those not found 'in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.'

We see the saints go to Heaven at the Second Coming.
1 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

After the resurrection of the righteous dead, they and the living saints are caught up "to meet the Lord in the air". Then Christ will fulfill the promise He made, 'I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also'...
John 14:1-3
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus described the place to which He will take His followers as "'My Father's house,'" where there are "'many mansions,'" or dwelling places. Here Jesus refers to the New Jerusalem, which does not come to this earth until the end of the millennium. At the Second Coming, then, when the righteous "meet the Lord in the air," their destination is heaven, not the earth that they have just left. Christ does not establish His kingdom of glory on the earth at this time. He does that at the end of the 1000 year millennium when we see the saints and Christ coming down, as the New Jerusalem comes to earth as foretold.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Christ tells us what will happen, there will be two resurrestions, one for the saints and one when the wicked are brought up for damnation.
What does that have to do with the 1000-year millennium?
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

So both Jesus Christ and Paul spoke of two resurrections, the first being the resurrection of life for the just, and the second being the resurrection of damnation for the unjust. We also find it in Daniel,

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

So we see these in Revelation 20, the two resurrections, one at the beginning of the 1000 years, and the other at the end. If you die before Jesus Christ returns, what resurrection will you be in? Now is the time to make sure we are true believers in Jesus Christ and real followers of His Holy Word. Take a careful look and it becomes clear.

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We see in verse 6 that at the end, their will be the "first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power", which is "the resurrection of life". This one is of the righteous saints who he raises up and takes with him to heaven, and are reigning in heaven with Jesus. Then we have the other resurrection, "the resurrection of damnation" that is laid out...
"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."

The wicked have been struck down and are dead so their is no one for Satan to temp, but this changes after the 1000 years...

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth".

Although not explicitly stated, it is obvious the unrighteous dead were resurrected after the 1000 years ended and Satan can now go about with his deceptions. They are now bound to the second death in which they will perish as they are consumed in the lake of fire.

We, the saints have the resurrection of life, 'Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection'. on which 'the second death hath no power'. And the second resurrection, which is of the wicked, the "resurrection of damnation" or as Daniel says of, "shame and everlasting contempt" in which those not found 'in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.'

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

After the resurrection of the righteous dead, they and the living saints are caught up "to meet the Lord in the air". Then Christ will fulfill the promise He made, 'I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also'...
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus described the place to which He will take His followers as "'My Father's house,'" where there are "'many mansions,'" or dwelling places. Here Jesus refers to the New Jerusalem, which does not come to this earth until the end of the millennium. At the Second Coming, then, when the righteous "meet the Lord in the air," their destination is heaven, not the earth that they have just left. Christ does not establish His kingdom of glory on the earth at this time. He does that at the end of the 1000 year millennium when we see the saints and Christ coming down, as the New Jerusalem comes to earth as foretold.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Do you realize all those scriptures say nothing about the two resurrections occurring IN the 1000-year millennium? All those many quotations from the Bible and only four of the cited verses mention any resurrection and the Revelation text explicitly states that resurrection did NOT occur until the after 1000 years were finished. The resurrections teach us nothing about understanding the millennium. They teach us about the before and after, not the during.

• The title of this op says we're going to "understand the 1000-year millennium."
  • The first line of the op states Jesus tells us what will happen..... and then the first line states within the context of understanding the 1000-year millennium, "there will be two resurrections."
  • Scripture states the resurrections occur outside the 1000-year millennium, not in it.
  • The op's claims and the scriptures's teachings do not reconcile or agree.
  • Most of the scriptures quoted have nothing to do with the millennium.
  • The phrases "1000-year" and "millennium" are redundant. 1000 years is a millennium.

Bad op.

So start over. Clean it up. Figure out what it is you want to discuss and then clarify it so the currently existing conflict(s) do not exist. If you wish to discuss the millennium then specify content from scripture that actually occurs IN the millennium. Look at what is IN the millennium to understand the millennium. Conversely, if the subject of the thread is intended to be the two resurrections, then leave the millennium out of it because there are no resurrections mention during the millennium.

Daniel 2 is easily understood as one event.

A non-symbolic language NT passage must be found that clearly indicates the existence of the millenium. There are none that I know of.

Daniel 2 is easily understood as one event.
So what? Millennial relevance? Is this McDermottism?
A non-symbolic language NT passage must be found that clearly indicates the existence of the millenium.
Why? Although you and I may agree the millennium is not a literal 1000 years, that does not mean symbolic language mentions are indications of the millennium's existence. A symbolic millennium can exist.
There are none that I know of.
Then, given your specifications, your contribution to the specifics of the op will be brief (unless the intent is to change the entire discussion to fit your view or have your view changed).

What does that have to do with the 1000-year millennium?

Do you realize all those scriptures say nothing about the two resurrections occurring IN the 1000-year millennium? All those many quotations from the Bible and only four of the cited verses mention any resurrection and the Revelation text explicitly states that resurrection did NOT occur until the after 1000 years were finished. The resurrections teach us nothing about understanding the millennium. They teach us about the before and after, not the during.

• The title of this op says we're going to "understand the 1000-year millennium."
  • The first line of the op states Jesus tells us what will happen..... and then the first line states within the context of understanding the 1000-year millennium, "there will be two resurrections."
  • Scripture states the resurrections occur outside the 1000-year millennium, not in it.
  • The op's claims and the scriptures's teachings do not reconcile or agree.
  • Most of the scriptures quoted have nothing to do with the millennium.
  • The phrases "1000-year" and "millennium" are redundant. 1000 years is a millennium.

Bad op.

So start over. Clean it up. Figure out what it is you want to discuss and then clarify it so the currently existing conflict(s) do not exist. If you wish to discuss the millennium then specify content from scripture that actually occurs IN the millennium. Look at what is IN the millennium to understand the millennium. Conversely, if the subject of the thread is intended to be the two resurrections, then leave the millennium out of it because there are no resurrections mention during the millennium.
At the Second Coming, the first resurrection of the saints takes place, then you have the thousand year period. Verses one through three, are referring to the leader of the wicked, Satan himself. During this thousand year period, Satan is bound in the bottomless pit, which is here on earth. Not only is Satan bound during this thousand years, but he is not able to deceive the nations anymore during this same time. The scriptures themselves will tell us why this is so.

Verse four, switches the topic to that of the saved during this same thousand years. It states that the judgment was given unto them. The saints then, are involved in the work of judgment during this thousand year period. Paul makes reference to this event in 1 Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Of course this judgment during the thousand year period cannot be about who will, or will not have eternal life. This question has already been answered, since the saved are in heaven with Christ judging the world. This is why the saints are caught up in the air to meet Christ when He returns, and will ever be with Him. The judgment that the saints are involved in is for the purpose of understanding why or why not, certain people are or are not in heaven with the saved. No doubt God will answer all the questions of the saints during these thousand years.

Verse five points out that the rest of the dead, that is those who were not saved, the wicked, did not live again until the thousand years were finished, then you will have them brought up. But verse six says that those who are saved, and take part in the first resurrection are blessed and holy and the second death will have no power over them. For them, death has been defeated and they shall be priests of God and reign with Him during this thousand year period. During this thousand years, the saints are in heaven with Christ who has taken them there, and go over the books.

Then at verse seven which is after the the thousand years are expired, which is where you have the second resurrection, the one of damnation in which the wicked are brought up, and 'Satan shall be loosed out of his prison'. This goes on through verse fifteen which gives what will happen to the wicked at the end of this thousand year period. This begins with Satan being let loose again to deceive the nations. In order for this to take place, the lost who have been dead during this thousand year period, must be resurrected. Thus having died once already the death appointed to man, the one to the grave, slain at Christ’s second coming , they will die the second death, when they come up on the beloved city with their leader, Satan. That both the saved and the wicked will be resurrected, which is the verses we saw...

and Paul in Acts..

And Daniel,

The resurrection of life is at the beginning of the thousand years. The resurrection of damnation is at the end of the thousand years. So now, the wicked surround the 'beloved city', and fire comes down from God, and devours them as we see in verse 9. This is the lake of fire, where the Devil, and the Beast, and the False prophet are and where all those whose names are not written in the book of life will end up, and die the second death, as we see in verses 13-15. The book of life, from which all these people were judged, must be the book that the saints were examining during this thousand year period and be the judgment that they were involved in. So you have the lake of fire where it all ends for the wicked, all evil, and sin ends and will be no more, and the saints will reign with Christ in His city for eternity.

At the Second Coming, the first resurrection of the saints takes place, then you have the thousand year period.
Hogwash. That's not what any scripture actually states. That is entirely an inferential reading where the inferences are based on one specific (relatively new to Christianity) eschatological point of view - one that is wholly removed from what all the rest of Christendom has believed fro 2000 years.
Verses one through three, are referring to the leader of the wicked, Satan himself.
If you mean the first three scriptures quoted in the opening post then, again, that is utter hogwash. Those three verses pertain to the last day when all are judged and separated based on that judgment - those in Christ to eternal life and those not in Christ to eternal destruction.
During this thousand year period, Satan is bound in the bottomless pit, which is here on earth.
Again, that is not what the text of Revelation 20 (or any other verse in the Bible) actually states. Satan is already enslaved to sin by his rebellion recorded in Isaiah 14 and bound by God according to the report in Jude 1. He was further bound by the finished work of Christ according to passages like John 12. If Revelation is read through the metrics of Revelation 1:19 then his binding had already occurred. It was something in the past, not the far, far, far distant future and if it was in John's future then it is not in ours. Unless you can find and post a verse that reports satan being bound over and over and over again and again (at least four different times for great lengths of time) all these mentions should be read cohesively, not disparately.
Not only is Satan bound during this thousand years, but he is not able to deceive the nations anymore during this same time. The scriptures themselves will tell us why this is so.
Yep. You have that part correct. Satan was thrown into the abyss, and it was shut and sealed so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were complete. Isaiah, John, and Jude say that had already happened by the time the Revelation was revealed to John.
Verse four, switches the topic to that of the saved during this same thousand years. It states that the judgment was given unto them. The saints then, are involved in the work of judgment during this thousand year period.
Yes, again, you have this part correct.
Paul makes reference to this event in 1 Corinthians.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Of course this judgment during the thousand year period cannot be about who will, or will not have eternal life. This question has already been answered, since the saved are in heaven with Christ judging the world.
No. You started out correct but have assumed ALL Christians are ONLY in heaven. Neither assumption is not supported by the text of Rev. 20:4 and the only way it can be read that way is if one specific eschatological point of view (Dispensational premillennialism) is assumed before the reading. For your reading to be correct every Christian would have to be beheaded.
This is why the saints are caught up in the air to meet Christ when He returns...
No, that is not why. You have assumed a purpose or a "why" when none is stated.
The resurrection of life is at the beginning of the thousand years. The resurrection of damnation is at the end of the thousand years.
Then correct the opening post because the two resurrections have nothing to do with the 1000-year millennium. They either preceed it or follow it. What goes on in between is the millennium. If you are going to write an op specifically on "understanding the 1000-year millennium then stick to what happens between the resurrections, not the resurrections.

Bad op.

Fix it.

At the Second Coming, the first resurrection of the saints takes place, then you have the thousand year period. Verses one through three, are referring to the leader of the wicked, Satan himself. During this thousand year period, Satan is bound in the bottomless pit, which is here on earth. Not only is Satan bound during this thousand years, but he is not able to deceive the nations anymore during this same time. The scriptures themselves will tell us why this is so.

Verse four, switches the topic to that of the saved during this same thousand years. It states that the judgment was given unto them. The saints then, are involved in the work of judgment during this thousand year period. Paul makes reference to this event in 1 Corinthians.

Of course this judgment during the thousand year period cannot be about who will, or will not have eternal life. This question has already been answered, since the saved are in heaven with Christ judging the world. This is why the saints are caught up in the air to meet Christ when He returns, and will ever be with Him. The judgment that the saints are involved in is for the purpose of understanding why or why not, certain people are or are not in heaven with the saved. No doubt God will answer all the questions of the saints during these thousand years.

Verse five points out that the rest of the dead, that is those who were not saved, the wicked, did not live again until the thousand years were finished, then you will have them brought up. But verse six says that those who are saved, and take part in the first resurrection are blessed and holy and the second death will have no power over them. For them, death has been defeated and they shall be priests of God and reign with Him during this thousand year period. During this thousand years, the saints are in heaven with Christ who has taken them there, and go over the books.

Then at verse seven which is after the the thousand years are expired, which is where you have the second resurrection, the one of damnation in which the wicked are brought up, and 'Satan shall be loosed out of his prison'. This goes on through verse fifteen which gives what will happen to the wicked at the end of this thousand year period. This begins with Satan being let loose again to deceive the nations. In order for this to take place, the lost who have been dead during this thousand year period, must be resurrected. Thus having died once already the death appointed to man, the one to the grave, slain at Christ’s second coming , they will die the second death, when they come up on the beloved city with their leader, Satan. That both the saved and the wicked will be resurrected, which is the verses we saw...

and Paul in Acts..

And Daniel,

The resurrection of life is at the beginning of the thousand years. The resurrection of damnation is at the end of the thousand years. So now, the wicked surround the 'beloved city', and fire comes down from God, and devours them as we see in verse 9. This is the lake of fire, where the Devil, and the Beast, and the False prophet are and where all those whose names are not written in the book of life will end up, and die the second death, as we see in verses 13-15. The book of life, from which all these people were judged, must be the book that the saints were examining during this thousand year period and be the judgment that they were involved in. So you have the lake of fire where it all ends for the wicked, all evil, and sin ends and will be no more, and the saints will reign with Christ in His city for eternity.

Why does Christ have believers up in heaven and not with him in the Mill?

Why does Christ have believers up in heaven and not with him in the Mill?
Because thats where He and the heavenly kingdom are and what He promised to His saints...

Because thats where He and the heavenly kingdom are and what He promised to His saints...

No, it does not have a location. It is in heaven but it is at hand. It does not come with external signification (buildings, flags, offices). It is imperative. That means Jesus was made Lord and Christ, and all people, from rulers to mechanics must honor the Son, lest he be angry and dash you to pieces. Ps 2, 110. You must stop trying to find "time-slots" for things because you really missing what he meant. This prohibition will be found in the sharp response in Acts 1:

Disciples: when is the kingdom for Israel? (This is a ridiculous question to ask after 40 days--800 hours?--of teaching from Moses and the Prophets! He had to have answered it already!).

J: None of your business, but you will get priest robes of the authority of the kingdom, very soon. The robes are a Levitical term, and the authority is that of representatives of a king. What did he mean? That the message that the resurrection enthroned Christ, as described in Ps 2 and 110, was power enough. There is almost nothing else to say about eschatology, no news watching, no predictions, no "Nostradamus"-style prognostication, it is all hooey. Jesus has been made Lord and Christ, in the resurrection (Eph 1, Heb 1, Rom 1, Acts 17, Phil 2) and all people, even civic authorities are on notice that this place is His!!! How far the civic system falls when it is not taught this! Government departments used to be called 'ministries' for a reason! I'm not talking about a state-church, I simply mean what Rom 13 says: that gov is to serve the people, to do the right thing and stop evil (in the normal sense), and that its people are not above the law once appointed.

Jesus having a kingdom in heaven and saints in that kingdom does not preclude Jesus' kingdom also being elsewhere.

If Jesus is God then there is no place that is not his kingdom. If Jesus is also King of ALL kings and possesses the rule above ALL others then, again, there is no place that is not also his kingdom.

No, it does not have a location. It is in heaven but it is at hand. It does not come with external signification (buildings, flags, offices). It is imperative. That means Jesus was made Lord and Christ, and all people, from rulers to mechanics must honor the Son, lest he be angry and dash you to pieces. Ps 2, 110. You must stop trying to find "time-slots" for things because you really missing what he meant. This prohibition will be found in the sharp response in Acts 1:

Disciples: when is the kingdom for Israel? (This is a ridiculous question to ask after 40 days--800 hours?--of teaching from Moses and the Prophets! He had to have answered it already!).

J: None of your business, but you will get priest robes of the authority of the kingdom, very soon. The robes are a Levitical term, and the authority is that of representatives of a king. What did he mean? That the message that the resurrection enthroned Christ, as described in Ps 2 and 110, was power enough. There is almost nothing else to say about eschatology, no news watching, no predictions, no "Nostradamus"-style prognostication, it is all hooey. Jesus has been made Lord and Christ, in the resurrection (Eph 1, Heb 1, Rom 1, Acts 17, Phil 2) and all people, even civic authorities are on notice that this place is His!!! How far the civic system falls when it is not taught this! Government departments used to be called 'ministries' for a reason! I'm not talking about a state-church, I simply mean what Rom 13 says: that gov is to serve the people, to do the right thing and stop evil (in the normal sense), and that its people are not above the law once appointed.
Not till He moves the New Jerusalem after the 1000 year Millennium as we see in Revelation 21...
Revelation 21:1-3
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Jesus having a kingdom in heaven and saints in that kingdom does not preclude Jesus' kingdom also being elsewhere.

If Jesus is God then there is no place that is not his kingdom. If Jesus is also King of ALL kings and possesses the rule above ALL others then, again, there is no place that is not also his kingdom.
Sounds like what the snake used on Eve, seems to sound right, but not what God gave in His word..

Sounds like what the snake used on Eve, seems to sound right, but not what God gave in His word..
Do you believe in the divinity of Christ?

Not till He moves the New Jerusalem after the 1000 year Millennium as we see in Revelation 21...
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Not what?

It is not a city as we know cities. It is above us, inspiring us, Gal 4.

And If it is already functioning (it is), what is the point of a millennium and Jerusalem on earth? The NHNE are after this one, says 2P3, with no reference to a city on this earth.

I want to show you very simply how we do not wait for Rom 13 “until God moves the New J down”:

I see the "millennium" as figurative of the church age, where the first resurrection is from spiritual death to eternal life in the new birth.

The first understanding almost goes with saying: Christ's 1000 year Millennium is for a 1000 years. That's why it's called a Millennium.

However, sometimes the obvious must be stated plainly, since there is no end to the games people will play with God's words, when they don't want to believe them as written.

That's pretty much why God has John write down the thousand years 6 times in as many verses. Just so there is no way anyone can possibly 'misunderstand' how long Christ's 1000 year rule upon the earth is.

Any other length of Christ's reign upon the earth is by definition not His Millennium. They are prophecying something else.

Christ tells us what will happen, there will be two resurrestions,
True.

one for the saints and one when the wicked are brought up for damnation.
Not exactly. The first for the saints, and the next for the rest of the dead, including all the wicked, and the saints after the first, that are from the Lord's Millennium.

The first is only blessed unto life, and the next is unto life or to shame, first prophesied in Dan 12.

The first resurrection beforehand is not prophesied until Revelation 20. And the rest of the dead fulfill Dan 12.

So we see these in Revelation 20, the two resurrections, one at the beginning of the 1000 years, and the other at the end.
True.

If you die before Jesus Christ returns, what resurrection will you be in? Now is the time to make sure we are true believers in Jesus Christ and real followers of His Holy Word.
True again. Good gospel warning and preaching.

We see in verse 6 that at the end, their will be the "first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power", which is "the resurrection of life". This one is of the righteous saints who he raises up and takes with him to heaven, and are reigning in heaven with Jesus.

Although not explicitly stated, it is obvious the unrighteous dead were resurrected after the 1000 years ended
True, but the resurrection of the unjust is specific, as well as some of the rest of the dead will be cast into the LOF.

the "resurrection of damnation" or as Daniel says of, "shame and everlasting contempt"
Which resurrection includes those unto life in brightness.

Obvious exclusion of certain parts of Scripture, shows a purposed intent to prophecy something else.

True. The first resurrection of all saints past and present at His second coming to earth, will meet Him in the air, when the Lord returns as lightning shine through the air of the earth.

And so they will also be with clouds of the earth. (Jude)(Rev 1)

Jesus described the place to which He will take His followers as "'My Father's house,'" where there are "'many mansions,'" or dwelling places. Here Jesus refers to the New Jerusalem,
You are not properly clarifying Jesus' promise with later prophesy. The mansions in New Jeruslaem are being prepared now. However, He will fist resurrect His saints to meet Himself in the air, where He will first be at His return, before descending to the earth with power to make war and inherit the nations to judge and rule.

There will be His Millennium rule with His first resurrected saints, before inheriting their mansions in New Jerusalem. There's glorious work to be done first. His Millennium will be the greatest harvest of souls to Himself, more than all thousands of years going before.

which does not come to this earth until the end of the millennium.
Which does not come to the new earth at the end of the judgment of books. The old heaven and earth flee and pass away, and like old worn-out clothing is changed for new. The new earth will not have any sea like this one either.

At the Second Coming, then, when the righteous "meet the Lord in the air," their destination is heaven,
This is a contradictory addon made to force another interpretation of all the prophecies. They will meet Him in the air with clouds. Not in heaven. Nor will they go straight to heaven, but first will reign with the Lord upon all the earth.

The first resurrection of saints will be forever with the Lord, first in the air, then upon the earth, then at the final judgment, and finally on the new earth.
not the earth that they have just left.
According to your own prophecy, not according to the Lord's.

Christ does not establish His kingdom of glory on the earth at this time.
Yes. He does.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron.

It only remains to be seen is what 'Millennium' you are prophesying. And why you don't want the new earth for God to dwell with man in His New Jerusalem.

As if there weren’t enough puzzles, the line about being with the Lord in the air is its own puzzle. Not in Heaven nor on earth nor the NHNE. With the repeated clause , so shall we ever be…

Back