• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

THE JEWISHNESS OF THE SECOND TESTAMENT

• It was written predominantly by Jews (Luke was probably not Jewish).
  • It was not written ENTIRELY for Jews. No serious bible scholar would make that claim. [Try to quote one.] Many books in the NT have a decidedly gentile audience based on the text.
Luke was most definitely Jewish as God ordained the oracles of God be handled by Jews and I doubt He would change this up at this point in the Redemptive history of the Jews to give His Word to a Gentile.
Judaism is a Jewish religion. Jesus was promised to the Jews and to the Jews He came. He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. He taught Israel. He died for His Bride and Church who is Israel. He sent His disciples into Gentile lands to herald His arrival to the twelve tribes scattered throughout the then-known world with the message that God has kept His promise and they needed to know that. The writers were Jewish. They wrote on subjects concerning the Jews and the effect Israel's Messiah had on Judaism. They didn't just figure it out. They needed help and Jesus sent people like Paul a Pharisee, and Apollos, and Priscilla, and Barnabas, and Peter, and James, Jude, John, Matthew, Epaphroditus, and other Jews versed in the Law and the covenants and the Scriptures. The majority of Christians in the several decades after Jesus ascended and soon after the destruction of the Temple were predominantly Jewish and were the founders of the New Testament Church which was a continuation of the Old Testament Church of twelve tribes in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle. They were called the "Great Congregation" then and had upwards of 3 million plus who came out of Egypt and were part of the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants plus the Jewish prophets who spoke God's word to Israel. Christianity is Completed Judaism.

Luke was most definitely Jewish as God ordained the oracles of God be handled by Jews and I doubt He would change this up at this point in the Redemptive history of the Jews to give His Word to a Gentile.
Do you have any scriptural evidence that the Physician with a Greek name that accompanied Paul (a Roman Citizen) on missionary journeys around Greece, Turkey and Italy was actually Jewish? "Most definitely" requires a pretty high standard of proof.

I suspect your prejudices [in the technical sense of the word, not the pejorative] are "tainting your glasses".

The writers of the New Testament may have had Hebrews in mind when they wrote it, but they must've had others in mind also. The Spirit of God led them to write it, and I know He had others in mind. Having gentiles grafted in wasn't a new thing as before Christ, gentiles were to be welcomed into Israel as converts. Though I suspect that they weren't always.
The "Get away from me, I'm too spiritual for you" thing was a problem then as it can be now. The good news is that tens of thousands of Jews are now accepting Jesus as their Messiah. God promised to make the two sticks one in a New Covenant, and that is precisely what He is doing!

Do you have any scriptural evidence that the Physician with a Greek name that accompanied Paul (a Roman Citizen) on missionary journeys around Greece, Turkey and Italy was actually Jewish? "Most definitely" requires a pretty high standard of proof.

I suspect your prejudices [in the technical sense of the word, not the pejorative] are "tainting your glasses".
Most Jews living in Gentile lands were Hellenized for several generations. Even the great Saul in hoping that to the Hellenized Jew I will be a Hellenized Jew changed His name to Paul to more acceptable to them.
And the fact the oracles of God were committed to the Jews Luke would have to be a Jew or violate the ordination of God.

Most Jews living in Gentile lands were Hellenized for several generations. Even the great Saul in hoping that to the Hellenized Jew I will be a Hellenized Jew changed His name to Paul to more acceptable to them.
And the fact the oracles of God were committed to the Jews Luke would have to be a Jew or violate the ordination of God.
Those are EXACTLY the verses of scripture that I expected you to quote. ;)

God made a covent with the Israelites, though the religion taught by that covenant has come to be known as Judaism, which is straightforwardly based on the tribe or kingdom of Judah.
The answer is No!

God made the covenant with Israel thru Moses not just Jews!
Indeed, though those who are descended from Israel have come to be known as Jews regardless of which tribe they are descended from.

Back