• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Gift of faith

The Gift of faith​

Faith is a gift given to us on the behalf of Jesus Christ ~ per Philippians 1:29.

That being said, one must be born of God, and a new man created within us after the image of Jesus Christ, before the gift of faith can be seen in the life of a man/woman. Faith comes to a man born of God through the hearing of the word of God ~ per Romans 10:8-17.

Faith, like all others gifts/fruits of the Spirit is a work on our part that we are commanded to have and to increase in~Matthew 23:23; 1st John 2:23, etc. This being said, only those to whom power has been given to obey, can obey through their new man that was created in them by God's power and free grace on Jesus' behalf. Once a new man has been created in the sinner, from that point forward, he has the power to have faith, but not until then.

This is the truth as it is in Jesus Christ. All other voices are laboring to insert man's works into his salvation from sin and condemnation. All who do so are thieves and robbers of God's glory that he will not share with anyone.

I see my calling do you see yours?

All men have faith; otherwise, how could they have faith in anything. Faith in Christ comes from hearing the gospel.
Hearing the gospel is one way in which God gives a person the gift of faith. God often has to open a heart Lydia style to hear the Gospel and receive the gift of faith.

God works in many ways.

Unsaved slave can be saved by faith; there is no other way to be saved. The regenerate saved man was saved by faith.

The free gift of salvation is through faith.
Actually, I think you missed the question. But thats okay

Back