• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Fall of Man

Certainly it does! It is by one's fallen will that one rejects and opposes and cannot please God. And it is by the regenerated will that one is able to actually repent, and to actually submit to God, and it is by the regenerated will that one pursues Christ.
SO, as usual, the Calvinist "Regeneration" isn't "Salvation", or being "Born Again" at all, but only a "twilight state" that makes the "pursuit of Christ" possible.
That is a strawman. I think even you know better than that. That is your filter overlaid on what you take them to be saying.
SO what do YOU THINK they're saying???

WHat I'm TOLD is that if I don't happen to be "unconditionally" chosen to be "Elect", then I'm born to burn, and I never had any choice in the matter.

On the other hand, If I AM "ELECT" then since God's "grace" is "irresistible", I WILL become Born again, and I WILL persevere till I die physically, and I never had any choice in the matter.

Where am I misrepresenting "TULIP"???

SO, as usual, the Calvinist "Regeneration" isn't "Salvation", or being "Born Again" at all, but only a "twilight state" that makes the "pursuit of Christ" possible.
You didn't even say, "It seems to me that ....". A little respect wouldn't have taken away anything from your point. The Calvinist notion of regeneration is not in itself salvation, nor repentance, nor pursuit of Christ, but it is necessarily productive of salvific faith, which is generated by the Spirit of God indwelling, who is the cause of that regeneration —what is referred to as, "Born of the Spirit." But your scorn frees me to mention that I doubt this is the first time this has been explained to you.

WHat I'm TOLD is that if I don't happen to be "unconditionally" chosen to be "Elect", then I'm born to burn, and I never had any choice in the matter.
Who told you that? If you don't believe, you are already condemned because you don't believe, per John 3:18, but it isn't that you had no choice, and Calvinism doesn't claim you had no choice. It only claims the unregenerate will ALWAYS choose rebellion against God, and that, in fact, they cannot submit to God's law and cannot please God.

And what Calvinist uses the term, "happen to be chosen"? There is no "happen to be" with God's choice, which is always particular and with sure purpose. I think you inserted that wording to assist you in your disparagement of Calvinism.
On the other hand, If I AM "ELECT" then since God's "grace" is "irresistible", I WILL become Born again, and I WILL persevere till I die physically, and I never had any choice in the matter.

"Irresistible Grace" is a reference to one particular work of God. It is not about whether God's grace can be resisted. I would have thought you knew that. Being regenerated is entirely of grace, and not by the will of man. God alone puts the Holy Spirit within you, and you are changed from death to life. God alone can produce the faith you need for salvation. And for that, you do not give permission, nor are you even consulted, but you are given the gift of life before you are even aware it has happened.

GOD changes your heart, and you want to claim that is because of the worthiness of YOUR decision, apart from God having already changed your heart? If my salvation depends on the integrity of my decision, I am lost. This is GOD's work!

But yes indeed! You will choose Christ, once you are born of the Spirit.

Just after John 3:16 we read.....18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

How dos that fit in?

The Calvinist notion of regeneration is not in itself salvation,
Which is what I've been told all along.
but it is necessarily productive of salvific faith, which is generated by the Spirit of God indwelling, who is the cause of that regeneration —what is referred to as, "Born of the Spirit."
So the Calvinist notion of "Regeneration" IS "Salvation".

Chuckle!!! so is it, or isn't it??
If you don't believe, you are already condemned because you don't believe, per John 3:18, but it isn't that you had no choice, and Calvinism doesn't claim you had no choice. It only claims the unregenerate will ALWAYS choose rebellion against God, and that, in fact, they cannot submit to God's law and cannot please God.
Yup - no problem there. The Lost humans are hel-less to achieve salvation in and of themselves.
And what Calvinist uses the term, "happen to be chosen"? There is no "happen to be" with God's choice, which is always particular and with sure purpose. I think you inserted that wording to assist you in your disparagement of Calvinism.
So why aren't you using your favorite term: "Elect"?? And why don't you take ownership of the FACT the the humans who aren't "Elect" will never be born again?
"Irresistible Grace" is a reference to one particular work of God. It is not about whether God's grace can be resisted. I would have thought you knew that.
Why would I "Know" anything of the sort?? I'm not a "Calvinist" ant it's one of Calvinism's "Buzz words". If I CAN "resist God's Grace", then why does TULIP say I can't??
Being regenerated is entirely of grace, and not by the will of man. God alone puts the Holy Spirit within you, and you are changed from death to life. God alone can produce the faith you need for salvation. And for that, you do not give permission, nor are you even consulted, but you are given the gift of life before you are even aware it has happened.
TOTALLY FALSE. There's no argument that CONVICTION OF SIN by the Holy Spirit establishes the FACT that I sinned, and establishes the FACT that judgement awaits, And ESTABLISHES the fact that I need to respond to GOd's requirements. But it;s STILL UP TO ME whether or not I surrender, and repent, calling upon HIM for salvation, or resist/reject the conviction, and remain in death (as I did every time until the last time).
GOD changes your heart, and you want to claim that is because of the worthiness of YOUR decision, apart from God having already changed your heart? If my salvation depends on the integrity of my decision, I am lost. This is GOD's work!
Nice fantasy. Of course "Worthiness" never enters into it. Judging / Dying to yourself isn't trivial, and "Calling upon the Lord" is Biblical, whether the Calvinist likes it or not.
When You're "Born Again of the Spirit", you've ALREADY "Chosen Christ" in the FAITH thad God gifted by giving HIS WORD to you in Conviction of SIN.

makesends said:
The Calvinist notion of regeneration is not in itself salvation,
Which is what I've been told all along.
makesends said:
but it is necessarily productive of salvific faith, which is generated by the Spirit of God indwelling, who is the cause of that regeneration —what is referred to as, "Born of the Spirit."
So the Calvinist notion of "Regeneration" IS "Salvation".

Chuckle!!! so is it, or isn't it??
Chuckle!!! Do you understand logical (causal) sequence, as opposed to understanding temporal sequence? When it happens is not the point, but how it happens. Regeneration, without which there is no faith, results in God's gift of faith, produced by the Spirit of God —this is the faith through which we are saved.

makesends said:
If you don't believe, you are already condemned because you don't believe, per John 3:18, but it isn't that you had no choice, and Calvinism doesn't claim you had no choice. It only claims the unregenerate will ALWAYS choose rebellion against God, and that, in fact, they cannot submit to God's law and cannot please God.
Yup - no problem there. The Lost humans are hel-less to achieve salvation in and of themselves.
makesends said:
So why aren't you using your favorite term: "Elect"?? And why don't you take ownership of the FACT the the humans who aren't "Elect" will never be born again?
This is amazing. I try to show you how Calvinism does not resemble your strawman, by an attempt to help you understand why election is true, not to mention that it is Biblical, and you mock me for not using my terminology? Should I return the disparagement by asking you how it is possible that one whom God does not enable "to achieve salvation in and of themselves" is able to achieve it? You yourself take ownership of the fact that anyone God does not enable to achieve salvation, in and of themselves is UNABLE to achieve it. So how have I done any different there? THAT, my friend, is the dividing line between Elect and non-Elect. God enables some, and the rest are already condemned because they have not believed. So when you deny that the Elect are the only ones who can be saved, you contradict yourself.

makesends said:
"Irresistible Grace" is a reference to one particular work of God. It is not about whether God's grace can be resisted. I would have thought you knew that.
Why would I "Know" anything of the sort?? I'm not a "Calvinist" ant it's one of Calvinism's "Buzz words". If I CAN "resist God's Grace", then why does TULIP say I can't??
Yet you pretend to answer what you now claim not to know about! And I just finished telling you "why TULIP says you can't" as you put it. TULIP is nothing of itself. The short statements represented by the Acrostic are nothing of themselves. I'm beginning to think you aren't as ignorant as you pretend to be, but have no good arguments but to mock the Acrostic or the short statements made to it. So, once again, "Irresistible Grace" is a reference to one particular grace of God, in which the elect lost is, by that particular grace, given the gift of the Spirit of God, who indwells that person, transforming him from death to life. It —this particular grace— is accomplished without asking the permission of, nor even consulting, the lost elect. In fact, the person to whom God gives the gift may not even be aware at first that it has happened!

TOTALLY FALSE. There's no argument that CONVICTION OF SIN by the Holy Spirit establishes the FACT that I sinned, and establishes the FACT that judgement awaits, And ESTABLISHES the fact that I need to respond to GOd's requirements. But it;s STILL UP TO ME whether or not I surrender, and repent, calling upon HIM for salvation, or resist/reject the conviction, and remain in death (as I did every time until the last time).
Who is this mystery person you apparently think is saying that it is NOT "up to [you] whether or not [you] surrender, and repent, calling upon HIM for salvation, or resist/reject the conviction, and remain in death?" AGAIN, it is by the Spirit of God indwelling the person that s/he is ABLE to have the faith necessary for salvation. Why must you insist on the fiction of self-determination for salvation? Your demonstration of faith is a result, not a cause, of the work of the Spirit of God in you.

makesends said:
Nice fantasy. Of course "Worthiness" never enters into it. Judging / Dying to yourself isn't trivial, and "Calling upon the Lord" is Biblical, whether the Calvinist likes it or not.
I used the term "worthiness" because you apparently think that apart from God, a person can somehow produce salvific faith of his own integrity, knowledge and understanding of what he is undertaking, commitment lasting the rest of his life, wisdom as to how to accomplish it, force of will to accomplish it, and desire for the God with whom up til then he has always been at enmity.

And what Calvinist denies that "Calling upon the Lord" is Biblical??? I know of none. I cry "foul". "Strawman".

makesends said:
When You're "Born Again of the Spirit", you've ALREADY "Chosen Christ" in the FAITH thad God gifted by giving HIS WORD to you in Conviction of SIN.
So, apart from being transformed from death to life, you somehow achieve this without God! So you do have whereof to boast!!!?

But, since we are into it, show me from Scripture your support for the notion that being born again logically (causally —not necessarily temporally) follows "accepting the Lord", and does not precede it. Even Arminians reference what they call prevenient grace, but your construction smacks of Pelagianism.

SImple - the tree was nothing of significance, other than that God said DON'T - that DID matter was that Adam tossed God under the Bus, and sided with SATAN against God.

Exactly backwards. Biblical FAITH, of its intrinsic NATURE, produces Good Works in born Again people. And "Works will have significance at Jesus' judgement seat of REWARD, and in some way establish our ROLE on God's Kingdom.
I would offer being in the center hidden. I think represents the concealed will. The Ark of the covenant in the same way what was outside (Bible) it revealed what was inside He of himself calls himself a God that hides (one way possibly revealed in parables)

Another way of looking at the fall lately. It seem to reflect more of false prophecy violating by adding to the word with orals of men making the word of God without effect no on can serve two good teaching masters as one Lord.

Adam to represent our invisible head Christ and Eve the prophet priestess the bride after the order below

Exodus 7:1 And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

God spoke the words to Adam. Adam as if god was was to give the living word to Eve as the priestess .

The father lies having known what was said to Adam, of his own thoughts he prophesied "surely you will; not die. . . . look at my beauty and live for ever . Then the false prophecy adding to the word, five words ( neither shall ye touch it) Revealing the nature of father of lies, the god of this world, the god of the lust of the eye the lust flesh .The two building blocks of false pride .

Though the lust of the eye drew Adam and Eve to the center ,You could center of understanding . . . . . moved by lust flesh or touch They touched and did not die. Eve was deceived as false prophet . Adam failed to protect the weaker vessel virtue was lost, Christ the husband restored

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Back