• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Psalm 110 disproves a literal thousand years.

Marty

Sophomore
Reaction score
Psalm 110 Of David.

A psalm.

1 The Lord says to my lord:

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”

2 The Lord will extend your mighty scepter from Zion, saying,
“Rule in the midst of your enemies!”
3 Your troops will be willing
on your day of battle.
Arrayed in holy splendor,
your young men will come to you
like dew from the morning’s womb.

4 The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek.”

5 The Lord is at your right hand[c];
he will crush kings on the day of his wrath.
6 He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.
7 He will drink from a brook along the way,[d]
and so he will lift his head high.

Psalm 110 tells us that Jesus will sit at the right hand of the Father until the Father puts all of Jesus’ enemies under His

In Revelation chapter 20:7-10 satan carries out his final assault on the church after the thousand years and is then cast into the lake of fire.

Thus Psalm 110 teaches us that Jesus won’t leave the Fathers right hand until He crushes the kings of the earth’ cast satan into the lake of fire and then judges the nations as also shown in Revelation chapter 20.

In Revelation chapter 20:7-10 satan carries out his final assault on the church after the thousand years and is then cast into the lake of fire.
This is Bible. That's why you acknowledge the thousand years.

Thus Psalm 110 teaches us that Jesus won’t leave the Fathers right hand until He crushes the kings of the earth’ cast satan into the lake of fire
This is changing Bible.

He has Satan bound in hell for a thousand years. Since earth is His footstool, then certainly is the heart of the earth.

And back to Bible: And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone.

You skipped a part to keep your own prophecy intact.

While I appreciate your effort at Scriptural logic to prove a point, you must stick to Scripture to prove the point.

and then judges the nations as also shown in Revelation chapter 20.
He judges the nations remaining on earth as shown in Matthew 25.

He judges from His throne in heaven all the rest of the dead raised to life after the thousand years.

First you bypass Satan's thousand year bondage in hell, and then you skip the first resurrection of the saints, to rule with the Lord over all nations on earth.

That's your choice to skip of course. I absolutely want to meet Him in the air.

This is changing Bible.

He has Satan bound in hell for a thousand years. Since earth is His footstool, then certainly is the heart of the earth.

And back to Bible: And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone.

You skipped a part to keep your own prophecy intact.

While I appreciate your effort at Scriptural logic to prove a point, you must stick to Scripture to prove the point.

He judges the nations remaining on earth as shown in Matthew 25.

He judges from His throne in heaven all the rest of the dead raised to life after the thousand years.

First you bypass Satan's thousand year bondage in hell, and then you skip the first resurrection of the saints, to rule with the Lord over all nations on earth.

That's your choice to skip of course. I absolutely want to meet Him in the air.

Hello I did stick to the scriptures and I didn't skip anything to prove my point I have post on these topics for years.

I didn't refer to the other scriptures because it wasn't the point of my post my point is that the scriptures show that Jesus will be in heaven until
the second coming at the end of our world when all of His enemies are defeated. Thats what Psalm 110 shows its not my prophecy I'm just stating what the bible says

But you added to the scriptures when you said that the saints rule with the Lord on the earth. It doesn't mention the earth in revelation chapter 20

Ps 120 is more clear and essential than Rev 20, and I find that Rev 20 is the last thing to consider on these things.

The thousand years in the parable Revelation 20 represents an unknown just as the first three times. God does not number days or people

I have post on these topics for years.

It makes for experts, whether in the truth or in error.
Jesus will be in heaven until the second coming
True. Expertly said.

at the end of our world
False. And expertly said.

Thats what Psalm 110 shows its not my prophecy I'm just stating what the bible says
Psalm 110 tells us that Jesus will sit at the right hand of the Father until the Father puts all of Jesus’ enemies under His

True.

True

Thus Psalm 110 teaches us that Jesus won’t leave the Fathers right hand until He crushes the kings of the earth’ cast satan into the lake of fire and then judges the nations as also shown in Revelation chapter 20.

Not true. As I said, you skip satan bound for the thousand year rule over nations, before his final assault and cast into the LOF.

When you address this with whatever you may have, then we can move on.

But you added to the scriptures when you said that the saints rule with the Lord on the earth. It doesn't mention the earth in revelation chapter 20
It's first in Rev 3 and confirmed in Rev 20 for the resurrected saints ruling over nations and reigning with Him. And the prophecy of the Lord coming to rule over all nations, is from prophecy of old.

O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Not only must we stick to Scripture to teach it, we must also include all Scripture to teach it.

The idea that the prophecy of the thousand years of Christ governing the nations, must be confined to Rev 20, is the same as limiting the prophecy of the coming of the Lamb in the flesh must be limited to Isaiah 53.

The thousand years in the parable Revelation 20 represents an unknown just as the first three times.
Unbelievers are always trying to turn Bible history and prophecy into myths and fables.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Some make the Red Sea crossing a fable, others make torment of hell a myth, and others make the Lord's 1000 year governing of nations a parable.

God does not number days or people
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

From thirty years old and upward even unto fifty years old shalt thou number them, every one that entereth into the service, to do the work of the tabernacle of the congregation.

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Sooner or later, it's not just myth-making out of the Bible, but silly contradiction of it.

I mean, what's the point of arguing with it?

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

I want to learn how to more perfectly know the truth of the Bible. Not how to childishly corrupt it.

It makes for experts, whether in the truth or in error.

True. Expertly said.

False. And expertly said.

True.

True

Not true. As I said, you skip satan bound for the thousand year rule over nations, before his final assault and cast into the LOF.

When you address this with whatever you may have, then we can move on.

It's first in Rev 3 and confirmed in Rev 20 for the resurrected saints ruling over nations and reigning with Him. And the prophecy of the Lord coming to rule over all nations, is from prophecy of old.

O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Not only must we stick to Scripture to teach it, we must also include all Scripture to teach it.

The idea that the prophecy of the thousand years of Christ governing the nations, must be confined to Rev 20, is the same as limiting the prophecy of the coming of the Lamb in the flesh must be limited to Isaiah 53.
I never claimed that I was an expert because I have posted for years my point is that I have debated these topics for years

So if you say that it’s true that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father until a he puts all of ahis enemies under His foot how can you believe that He reigns on the earth physically? That’s a contradiction

I don’t mention satan bound for a thousand years in this post because it’s not part of this post but I don’t deny it it’s true I just don’t believe it is literal and Psalm 110 confirms it

I’m not sure what you mean about Revelation 3 could you please quote the verse?

Earth is not mentioned in revelation 3 or 20 so you did add to the scriptures which is the exact same thing that you accused me of

The Old testament verse you provided doesn’t support the claim of Jesus reigning literary on the earth Jesus reigns over the nations now from heaven

Revelation 3
14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation

Scripture states Jesus is seated at the right hand of God.
This means that Jesus is equal in status with God, or within the Godhead, meaning Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The right hand of God is an important part of Scripture and signifies Israel's protection and salvation.

The phrase “sitting at someone’s right hand” in biblical times implied closeness and favorability, a position only given to a chosen few.
The right hand of God is a place of honor and authority, and Jesus’ position there signifies his ultimate authority and power concerning the Father.

It's not a literal place or location.

Unbelievers are always trying to turn Bible history and prophecy into myths and fables.
Exactly we follow the metaphor used in parable beginning in the Old testament the foundation of the teaching it does not change in the book with the most signified understanding as metaphors used .

Thousand in multiples of ten, hundred, thousand, ten thousand, thousands of millions as to whatever is in view to include people montains cattle etc through the Bible represents a unknown not ended to those who walk by faith the unseen spiritual things hid from natural unconverted mankind

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.. . . . ( all the cattle on all the hills )

Genesis 20:16 And unto Sarah he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a thousand pieces of silver: behold, he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved. . . . . .Thousand = all or complete

Genesis 24:60 And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed (Christ) possess the gate of those which hate them. . . . .thousand of million all who have been giving the faith of Christ by which we can believe God not seen.

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. . . . . not the thousand years is yesterday ."as" as denotes a parable is in sight.

Ecclesiastes 6:6 Yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years . . . . as one day. . .not is one day .

Again the thousand a metaphor does not become literal the book with the signified understandings of parables or called hidden manna in
Revelation 2:17

Revelation 1King James Version The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
why lirtalize the signified ?

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, (Our daily bread) and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

The following is from the Epistle of Barnabas.....

Now, I know the Episitle of barnabas isn't in the Bible.....but...it does show how the early Christiand thought as reflected in the Episitle...

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years.
Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Creation occurred about 6 thousand years ago......counting the linages presented in the Bible. This would suggest there is 1,000 years left according to what Barnabas wrote.

Psalm 110 actually is evidence to PROVE there are 7 literal Great Days of time in human history. 7000 years all together. A proper interpretation of the information in Scripture, a proper understanding of the jewish calendar and the use of the accurate lunar cycles provided by NASA show that the first day of the calendar very likely was Thursday, April 4, 3970 BC.

Psalm 110 actually is evidence to PROVE there are 7 literal Great Days of time in human history. 7000 years all together. A proper interpretation of the information in Scripture, a proper understanding of the jewish calendar and the use of the accurate lunar cycles provided by NASA show that the first day of the calendar very likely was Thursday, April 4, 3970 BC.
Psalm 110.are you sure you have the right one . Psalm 110 speaks of striking all the kings'. The abomination of desolation. Kings in Israel a pagan tradition.

Nothing about NASA or counting days

Psalm 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Psalm 110.are you sure you have the right one . Psalm 110 speaks of striking all the kings'. The abomination of desolation. Kings in Israel a pagan tradition.

Nothing about NASA or counting days

Psalm 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
Thought the quote was the 1 day is a 1000 years that was being discussed.

Scripture states Jesus is seated at the right hand of God.
This means that Jesus is equal in status with God, or within the Godhead, meaning Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The right hand of God is an important part of Scripture and signifies Israel's protection and salvation.

The phrase “sitting at someone’s right hand” in biblical times implied closeness and favorability, a position only given to a chosen few.
The right hand of God is a place of honor and authority, and Jesus’ position there signifies his ultimate authority and power concerning the Father.

It's not a literal place or location.

Yes of course but Jesus will still be God after the last enemy death will be destroyed so there is something to what the OP says

Back