• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Post a Scripture

Praise the Lord!
“Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are in accord with the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”

(Romans 8:1-11 NAS20)

Isaiah 9
6 Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government will be upon His shoulder: and His name will be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with justice and righteousness from henceforth even forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

There is so much in this little passage to talk about, but what I wanted to focus on for the moment is the portion of the text that I placed in bold above and what it tells us about the eternity to come with Him :)

--Papa Smurf

Isaiah 9
6 Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government will be upon His shoulder: and His name will be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with justice and righteousness from henceforth even forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

There is so much in this little passage to talk about, but what I wanted to focus on for the moment is the portion of the text that I placed in bold above and what it tells us about the eternity to come with Him :)

--Papa Smurf
I do not understand how, but I have long thought about two things. A large universe and a God that works and we being like him will also work. I suspect His Second Advent will be just the beginning.

So Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God."
- John 6:67-69 [ESV]

So Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God."
- John 6:67-69 [ESV]
Amen!

I do not understand how, but I have long thought about two things. A large universe and a God that works and we being like him will also work. I suspect His Second Advent will be just the beginning.
Amen THAT! I'm pretty sure, by way of Scripture and projected patterns, that we would be worn out to death, in Heaven, were God Himself not our sustenance, and our rest. And that work will be Joy —all the good things we can find in doing things here (satisfaction, enjoying and learning the 'physical' laws (like watching the loam turn from the plow), but infinitely multiplied, changed and remade in purity.

LighthouseByTheSeaatnight copy2.jpg

Did Lazarus have a choice?
One of my favorite moments in time.
“And when He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!””

(John 11:43 NAS20)

Did Lazarus have a choice?
One of my favorite moments in time.
“And when He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!””

(John 11:43 NAS20)
I don’t think so.
Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

- Romans 8:27-28 (NKJV)

Psalm 84

English Standard Version

My Soul Longs for the Courts of the Lord​

To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith.[a] A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.​

84 How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord of hosts!
2 My soul longs, yes, faints
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and flesh sing for joy
to the living God.
3 Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O Lord of hosts,
my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
ever singing your praise! Selah
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
in whose heart are the highways to Zion.[b]
6 As they go through the Valley of Baca
they make it a place of springs;
the early rain also covers it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength;
each one appears before God in Zion.
8 O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah
9 Behold our shield, O God;
look on the face of your anointed!
10 For a day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
12 O Lord of hosts,
blessed is the one who trusts in you!

8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
(1 Peter 1)

8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
(1 Peter 1)
Amen!

Isaiah 53
5 He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all

To fall on Him.

2 Corinthians 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

“It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.”

(Hebrews 12:7-11 ESVi)

“Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
For He testifies: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.””
(Hebrews 7:11-17 NKJV

And…
“For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath

(for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The LORD has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”), by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.”

(Hebrews 7:18-27 NKJV)

Back