• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Post a Christian Quote

Papa Smurf

Simul Justus et Peccator
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical Free Church of America
Country
United States
Marital status
Married
Hello Everyone, I'm continuing to enjoy reading and being blessed by @Alive's Post a Scripture thread, so I thought that I'd start another, similar one here that focuses on quotes that Christians have made over the years (about God, the Bible, Christian living, etc.) as another means of encouraging one another.

Please don't hesitate to include the Scripture verse or verses that your Christian quote is based on (either the verse/verses themselves, or links to those verses instead), and/or comments about why the quote that you post is particularly meaningful to you (and readers, please don't hesitate to post encouraging thoughts about the quotes, as well, to be a further blessing 😊).

Finally, if possible, let's try to keep the quotes that we post on the short side. If the quote that you post comes from a larger work (a sermon or a confession or a devotional, etc.), please include a link to the larger work that you've taken it from (if you'd like to) for those who want to read all of it/see where it came from in context/etc.

Blessings to all in Christ!!

--Papa Smurf

Spurgeon - Kiss, Waves, Rock of Ages.png

"We know that God causes all things to work together for good
to those who love God, to those who are called
according to His purpose"

Romans 8:28

The secret formula of the saints: When I am in the cellar of affliction, I look for the Lord's choicest wines.

Samuel Rutherford

The will of God is eternal because He does not begin to will what He did not will before, nor cease to will what He willed before.

William Ames

“The best is yet to come.”

But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

- 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)

For just as Jesus was both God and man yet without sin or error, even so the Bible is both divine and human without error.
(Norman Geisler in Defending Inerrancy: Affirming the Accuracy of Scripture for a New Generation)

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
IMG_4511.gif

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

- Psalm 18:2 (NKJV)

Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved. Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full. Outside of Christ, I am weak; in Christ, I am strong. Outside of Christ, I cannot; in Christ, I am more than able. Outside of Christ, I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious. How meaningful are the words, "in Christ."
Watchman Nee

We think of the Christian life as a ‘changed life’ but it is not that. What God offers us is an ‘exchanged life,’ a ‘substituted life,’ and Christ is our Substitute within.
Watchman Nee

Christianity is not a doctrine, not truth as truth, but the knowledge of a Person; it is knowing the Lord Jesus. You cannot be educated into being a Christian.
T. Austin-Sparks

God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him.
Hudson Taylor

“You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary.”
― Jonathan Edwards

“The world's theology

The world's theology is easy to define.
It is the view . . .
that human beings are basically good,
that no one is really lost,
that belief in Jesus Christ is not necessary for salvation.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."
Romans 1:22

― James Montgomery Boice

"When I look at myself, I don't see how I can be saved. But when I look at Christ, I don't see how I can be lost."
Luther

Back