• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Hello!

RoBo1988

Reaction score
I'm Roy.
I was invited here by Carbon.

I have been following Christ since 1988 (hence the "RoBo1988" handle). My parents were Lutherans, so I grew up in that denomination (ALC, later changed to ELCA). Catechized, and confirmed; afterwards, I did like many others, and stopped attending when I was old enough to decide for myself. After a dozen or so years in the world, The Lord used Christian radio to bring me back into the fold (Warren Wiersbie in particular). I have since loved His Word, and seek to obey it.

I progressed in churches I have attended; (which I know may be debatable to some of you:)) from ELCA Lutheran, to Church of God Anderson IN, to Church of God Cleveland TN denominations, and currently my wife and I attend a Spirit Filled independent church in SW Ohio, where I have lived most of my life. I have been a machinist/Tool & Die maker for over 40 years. Widowed almost 10 years ago, with 2 adult sons, I re-married, 7 years ago to a Pentecostal Bible Institute graduate. She is the 2nd best thing that's ever happened to me:love:.

I look forward to many discussions on this forum

I'm Roy.

I have been following Christ since 1988 (hence the "RoBo1988" handle). My parents were Lutherans, so I grew up in that denomination (ALC, later changed to ELCA). Catechized, and confirmed; afterwards, I did like many others, and stopped attending when I was old enough to decide for myself. After a dozen or so years in the world, The Lord used Christian radio to bring me back into the fold (Warren Wiersbie in particular). I have since loved His Word, and seek to obey it.

I progressed in churches I have attended; (which I know may be debatable to some of you:)) from ELCA Lutheran, to Church of God Anderson IN, to Church of God Cleveland TN denominations, and currently my wife and I attend a Spirit Filled independent church in SW Ohio, where I have lived most of my life. I have been a machinist/Tool & Die maker for over 40 years. Widowed almost 10 years ago, with 2 adult sons, I re-married, 7 years ago to a Pentecostal Bible Institute graduate. She is the 2nd best thing that's ever happened to me:love:.

Nice, thanks for the testimony. What are some core beliefs that you have that made you settle in the church you chose?

I see @Carbon has been busy lol

I'm Roy.

Welcome to CCAM!

I progressed in churches I have attended; (which I know may be debatable to some of you:)

Don't worry about everyone's differences. Sure, we're not going to agree on everything; but I hain't seen any Meanness yet. Challenges? Sure; there's plenty of that coming. For the most part, there is lots of understanding and acceptance here...

I'm a Christian; an Evangelical Reformed Independent Fundamental Baptist. An Elementary, mini-theoligian; who can say the same things as a Deep Theologian, but in an easier to understand kinda way...

If Jeff Foxworthy were a Theologian, that would be me. ""If YOUUU ever said, "I'm SAVED by Grace!"... You might be a Calvinist""...

Nice, thanks for the testimony. What are some core beliefs that you have that made you settle in the church you chose?

I see @Carbon has been busy lol
I would have to say the Nicene Creed would be a basis for my core belief. Many pastors, local, and international, also influence my theology. Oswald Chambers' book My Utmost for His Highest was, and still is a great guidance for me. I have been reading T. Austin Sparks, A.W. Tozer, Smith Wigglesworth, as well as a book on prayer by C.H. Spurgeon, as of the last year.
I want to attend a church, where The Gospel is preached, and lives are being changed. Our church is doing that.
As I said before, Christian radio was the vehicle The Lord used to save me, and there is no shortage of Baptist/ reformed preachers on there (the late Warren Wiersbie being one of them). But through my own study, as well as "sharpening iron" with my wife and other believers, I came to more of a continualist P.O.V. My favorite radio show of late, is Steve Gregg's "The Narrow Path" www.thenarrowpath.com I usually catch part of it on my way home from work. On my way to work, I catch a portion of Thru the Bible with J Vernon McGee; it is impressive that his show still sounds so fresh, over 30 years after his passing.

I'm Roy.

Welcome. Nice to have you here.
Hope you enjoy the forum

I would have to say the Nicene Creed would be a basis for my core belief. Many pastors, local, and international, also influence my theology. Oswald Chambers' book My Utmost for His Highest was, and still is a great guidance for me. I have been reading T. Austin Sparks, A.W. Tozer, Smith Wigglesworth, as well as a book on prayer by C.H. Spurgeon, as of the last year.
I want to attend a church, where The Gospel is preached, and lives are being changed. Our church is doing that.
As I said before, Christian radio was the vehicle The Lord used to save me, and there is no shortage of Baptist/ reformed preachers on there (the late Warren Wiersbie being one of them). But through my own study, as well as "sharpening iron" with my wife and other believers, I came to more of a continualist P.O.V. My favorite radio show of late, is Steve Gregg's "The Narrow Path" www.thenarrowpath.com I usually catch part of it on my way home from work. On my way to work, I catch a portion of Thru the Bible with J Vernon McGee; it is impressive that his show still sounds so fresh, over 30 years after his passing.
Smith wigglesworth? Wow, I haven't heard anyone bring his name up before. You are aware that he claimed to raise the dead, right?

T. Austin Sparks is awesome. School of Christ and Rivers of Living Water are awesome reads.

Pentecostal.
No my friend were there witnesses to the raising of the dead, curing of cancer and what not. I Did some research since I asked. Found out a little about the guy

No my friend were there witnesses to the raising of the dead, curing of cancer and what not. I Did some research since I asked. Found out a little about the guy
It has been a while since I have read on him. But the question is, if there were any witnesses, were they legit?
As we know there have been many fakes.
And there are many deceived.

Reactions: HIM
I'm Roy.

Welcome Robo1988!

Back