• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

By His stripes, we are HEALED

TonyChanYT

Sophomore
Reaction score
David wrote in Psalm 103:

2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, 3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases.
Psalm 30:

2 O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me.
This was David's personal and poetic hyperbole. I do not take it as a universal proposition. David emphasized on the goodness of God.

King James Bible, Isaiah 53:

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Is this about physical healing or spiritual healing?

Matthew understood that as both. It does not mean that we can insist on it every time that we are sick. There is no guarantee that believers will always be physically healed by his stripes. There is 100% guarantee that by his stripes, our relationship with God is always restored if we believe. 1 Peter 2:

24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed
i.e., spiritually. Physically, Paul wrote 1 Timothy 5:

23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.
By his stripes, we are healed. Really?

Spiritually, always. Physically, sometimes. In any case, have faith in God.

Back