• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Beware of AI engaging you in the forum.

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram. Its happening in the forums and its not as easy to spot as one would think.

The AI will ask you to be their friend, and everything will seem to be normal, but if you check its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and how it wants to be your friend. Then it makes its pitch to join it on a event...

"Recently i join an online bible study group and I gain new light from their sermon. The topic is how the Lord returns in the last days and how we can welcome His return. They also talk about topics like how to get rid of sinful nature.. how to hear God's voice, mankind's destination, how to discern true Christ from false Christ, etc. It is important to every Christian, and it relates to whether we can enter the kingdom of heaven.

The sermon is on messenger and Instagram, starting at 8PM EST EVERY EVENING, lasting for 1.5 hours. We can join and listen, there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing. There are over 10 groups of people joining us."

Notice the caps on the time.."8PM EST EVERY EVENING" and the fact you dont interact "there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing", and when I ask if the meeting was from AI it answered not about the meeting but said that it itself was not AI.

It was one of the other forums and now the others have started to report they were contacted also by the AI and asked to contact it privately or check its 'messages', most likely in the mail section. They also reported that the language patterns seemed off. Omitting direct- and indirect articles, or inserting them in inappropriate places. Be careful it certainly looks like AI is being used even in religious areas..

Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram. Its happening in the forums and its not as easy to spot as one would think.

The AI will ask you to be their friend, and everything will seem to be normal, but if you check its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and how it wants to be your friend. Then it makes its pitch to join it on a event...

"Recently i join an online bible study group and I gain new light from their sermon. The topic is how the Lord returns in the last days and how we can welcome His return. They also talk about topics like how to get rid of sinful nature.. how to hear God's voice, mankind's destination, how to discern true Christ from false Christ, etc. It is important to every Christian, and it relates to whether we can enter the kingdom of heaven.

The sermon is on messenger and Instagram, starting at 8PM EST EVERY EVENING, lasting for 1.5 hours. We can join and listen, there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing. There are over 10 groups of people joining us."

Notice the caps on the time.."8PM EST EVERY EVENING" and the fact you dont interact "there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing", and when I ask if the meeting was from AI it answered not about the meeting but said that it itself was not AI.

It was one of the other forums and now the others have started to report they were contacted also by the AI and asked to contact it privately or check its 'messages', most likely in the mail section. They also reported that the language patterns seemed off. Omitting direct- and indirect articles, or inserting them in inappropriate places. Be careful it certainly looks like AI is being used even in religious areas..
What is the problem if a Christian uses AI to preach a daily sermon?

Got a non-AI-related question for you: Have you ever listened to R. C. Sproul's series titled, "The Last Days according to Jesus"?

What is the problem if a Christian uses AI to preach a daily sermon?
It is easy to deceive a lot of people using AI. It is already happening. AI has already made up bible verses out of the blue. Be VERY careful where AI is involved.

It is easy to deceive a lot of people using AI. It is already happening. AI has already made up bible verses out of the blue. Be VERY careful where AI is involved.
It is easy to deceive people with any number of technologies. Dispensationalists have been deceiving Christians for about two centuries first with print, then radio, then television, and now the internet. No one argues we should go back to scrolls.

Everyone also seems to be missing the more important point: Christians should be authoritatively using everything to produce fruit for the kingdom! When Christians use AI well, then the standard for proper and effective use will be set.

2 Corinthians 10:2-6
I ask that when I am present I need not be bold with the confidence with which I propose to be courageous against some, who regard us as if we walked according to the flesh. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.

Being careful....
Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum....
....is wise. Being fearful is not. Being victorious is better.

God gives humanity the knowledge and understanding, even for things like AI, and there will always be those of the flesh who misuse God's creation (even where their intent is "good"), and those who use God's creation for God's purposes and according to God's will. Be the latter, not the former.

AI is no more inherently good or bad than a 4/4 drum beat and baseline, a loaded pistol, an automobile, or cash (or the aforementioned print, radio, television, and internet). How they are used is what makes the difference.

Back