• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

As it was in the days of Noah

CrowCross

Well Known Member
Reaction score
As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Reference scripture:
Matt 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. 39 And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

When will the above event take place? What will those times look like? Where does it fit into eschatology?
I think there's a hint provided in the verse.....For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage....

From that description it sounds like things will be pretty "normal" when the Son of Man comes.
It doesn't sound like Jesus will return after this following event described in Revelations 8:8 Then the second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned to blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed....as I don't think people will be eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage when that event happens. Maybe they'll be drinking ...but those days will be off-normal and don't seem to suggest Jesus will return then.
As we read through Revelations as the seals are opened, trumpets blown and bowls are poured out...times don't sound to joyous except for Rev 11:10 when the people celebrate the death of the two witnesses.

Revelation goes on as chapter 18 speaks of the fall of Babylon...which right now I believe is the USA...once again off-normal times as then doesn't seem like it will be a time of celebration...then we turn the page and end up at Rev 19:11 where we see the "Return of Christ Jesus" on a white horse.

11Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war...

BUT is this the days of Noah coming of the Son of Man spoken about in Matt 24? ....I say no. I would say at that time people are not marrying and giving in marriage...I don't believe they will be eating and drinking and having a grand ole time. The world has just gone through the tribulation and definitely not as in the days of Noah. There is still a battle to come.
So when is the times of the Days of Noah? The answer is now. Perhaps there's a few more things that need to occur such as things concerning "transhumanism" and such...but, the answer is pre-tribulation. Things are still "normal"...when the man in the field is taken and the other left or when two women are grinding at the mill and one is taken and the other left....which is a simple description of the rapture of the Church talked about in 1 Thes 4. It become obvious the rapture of the church will be pre-tribulation.

Are you ready? Do you know Jesus?

Back