• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Adam, Eve, and evolution

TonyChanYT

Sophomore
Reaction score
By evolution, I mean the scientific theory that posits all living organisms are related and have descended from common ancestors.

I should preamble this by saying that the following is all my speculation.

From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc., embedded in it. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis became extinct around 40,000 years ago. Homo sapiens sapiens replaced them. The unusual fact is that of all the dozens of homo (human) species that existed, home sapiens (sapiens) is the only one surviving today.

Today's humans, Adam, Eve, and so on, anatomically belong to Homo sapiens. Both Neanderthals and we have 46 chromosomes, though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time; as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell. The last ice age maximum happened about 20,000 years ago. That's before Adam and Eve. The difference between the (space-time) homo sapiens and the descendants of Adam and Eve is that the latter are capable of languages with advanced complex grammar.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in witnessed-time as described in Genesis. Acts 17:

26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time. Both are real. Scientists found 46,000-year-old roundworms alive beneath the Arctic ice.

Near the end of the last deglaciation, around 15,000 years ago, Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden and entered the backdrop of the Neolithic Age of Mesopotamia. Physical evidence indicates that farming started around 12,000 years ago and humans domesticated sheep around 10,000 years ago. Cain was a farmer, and Abel was a shepherd.

Was there evidence of deaths before Adam and Eve sinned?

From the point of view of witnessd-time, no. From the point of view of space-time, probably yes, or else God could have done the embedding after he cursed the ground. In either case, there was no evidence of deaths in the Garden of Eden before they sinned.

Can you be Christian and believe in evolution?

Sure, but you don't have to. You can assume evolution happened in space-time without believing in it.

See also

By evolution, I mean the scientific theory that posits all living organisms are related and have descended from common ancestors.

I should preamble this by saying that the following is all my speculation.

From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc., embedded in it. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis became extinct around 40,000 years ago. Homo sapiens sapiens replaced them. The unusual fact is that of all the dozens of homo (human) species that existed, home sapiens (sapiens) is the only one surviving today.

Today's humans, Adam, Eve, and so on, anatomically belong to Homo sapiens. Both Neanderthals and we have 46 chromosomes, though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time; as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell. The last ice age maximum happened about 20,000 years ago. That's before Adam and Eve. The difference between the (space-time) homo sapiens and the descendants of Adam and Eve is that the latter are capable of languages with advanced complex grammar.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in witnessed-time as described in Genesis. Acts 17:

In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time. Both are real. Scientists found 46,000-year-old roundworms alive beneath the Arctic ice.

Near the end of the last deglaciation, around 15,000 years ago, Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden and entered the backdrop of the Neolithic Age of Mesopotamia. Physical evidence indicates that farming started around 12,000 years ago and humans domesticated sheep around 10,000 years ago. Cain was a farmer, and Abel was a shepherd.

Was there evidence of deaths before Adam and Eve sinned?

From the point of view of witnessd-time, no. From the point of view of space-time, probably yes, or else God could have done the embedding after he cursed the ground. In either case, there was no evidence of deaths in the Garden of Eden before they sinned.

Can you be Christian and believe in evolution?

Sure, but you don't have to. You can assume evolution happened in space-time without believing in it.

See also

I hope you will look into my Back In Business to clarify many things you are saying. Even the position of ice being only before Gen 1 can not be supported.

In terms of the astronomy of my view , I don’t know exactly where the local line is, as I don’t know what Biblical reference there is to the Milky Ways movement. But certainly the movement of our system was known as the heavens in the firmament.

Back