• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

A proposition (Calvinistic or no?)

Prove it.

The fact in evidence is that Calvin was shown to teach something other than what YOU claimed Calvinism teaches and instead of saying, "Thanks for the information. I can see from his commentary that my prior post was incorrect, and I appreciate you providing that information." Instead, we get empty rhetoric and baseless claims.

You are trolling.
Again, I will say, that satan is the accuser;

While I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

I love you, too.
No, you do not.

Bearing false witness and spreading strife are not love. Love is patient, kind, forbearing, hopeful, and trusting but from the beginning of this thread Calvinism has been misrepresented and treated with already existing contempt. Other have not been held with more significance than yourself (Phil. 2:3) and there is little in these posts that is wholesome (Eph. 4:29). Even when undeniable, irrefutable information from Calvin himself is present the response is rhetoric, baseless claims, and more contempt.

• A falsehood is factually incorrect information. Anyone can make a mistake.
  • A lie is factually incorrect information asserted with an intent to deceive.

The moment the commentary from Calvin was read you obligated yourself to posting as best you could and that did not happen. If you want to love me and the others here, then act like it. Stop posting lies. Stop posting fallacy. Stop posting evidence-less claims. Stop using non-Cals to define Calvinism.

Romans 12:9-18
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.

Try it. Method is just as important as content.

I am always ready to admit that I am wrong, if I am proven to be wrong.
The posts prove otherwise.
But I will say that it seems to me that many Calvinists do not espouse what was written by Calvin in certain places.
Irrelevant. Take it up with them. Right here and now you are trading posts with me, and it is dysfunctional to compare my posts with others. If what I post is correct than say so. If it's not, then prove it.
Might that be, because in other places, Calvin writes what might bring people to the opposite conclusions?
Prove it.

No, you do not.

Bearing false witness and spreading strife are not love. Love is patient, kind, forbearing, hopeful, and trusting but from the beginning of this thread Calvinism has been misrepresented and treated with already existing contempt. Other have not been held with more significance than yourself (Phil. 2:3) and there is little in these posts that is wholesome (Eph. 4:29). Even when undeniable, irrefutable information from Calvin himself is present the response is rhetoric, baseless claims, and more contempt.

• A falsehood is factually incorrect information. Anyone can make a mistake.
  • A lie is factually incorrect information asserted with an intent to deceive.

The moment the commentary from Calvin was read you obligated yourself to posting as best you could and that did not happen. If you want to love me and the others here, then act like it. Stop posting lies. Stop posting fallacy. Stop posting evidence-less claims. Stop using non-Cals to define Calvinism.

Romans 12:9-18
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.

Try it. Method is just as important as content.
I have not been posting any lies, friend.

But you seem to have a vested interest in believing the lies of Calvinism.

I, in love, am attempting to open your eyes.

That may not be very pleasant for you so you do not feel that it is love.

However, it is.

No, for no one has been able to prove me wrong.

Irrelevant. Take it up with them. Right here and now you are trading posts with me, and it is dysfunctional to compare my posts with others. If what I post is correct than say so. If it's not, then prove it.

I am attempting to take it up with them the same time I am taking it up with you. The lines are blurred, frankly, between what you are saying and what they have said. You may have to clarify your beliefs therefore, again and again.

Don't blame that on me. Blame it on the fact that Calvinists have many disagreements within their ranks.

Prove it.
A case in point is the subject of free will.

I believe that I am correct in believing that some Calvinists, if they are willing to speak up, will speak up and say that Calvinism does not teach that man has free will.

That would be in contradiction to what you teach as a Calvinist.

And therefore, in a matter of hours / days, my point shall be proven.

Again, I will say, that satan is the accuser;
And just as the Sadducees and Pharisees falsely accused Jesus, you've been falsely accusing Calvinists. Now, by your own testimony it grows clearer and clearer your reliance is on the father of lies when it would have been much easier, born more good will, and more functionally served your own op to acknowledge Calvin's commentary PROVES the claims made about Calvinism incorrect.

How difficult is it to say, "Yes, now I see Calvin taught God is not the cause of evil and Calvin acknowledged other causes in creation"?
While I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
I am not the judge of anyone's eternal disposition, so I wonder why you think it is important to digress. I also wonder if you think the lies about Calvinism posted in this thread evidence the Lamb's redemption, or if you think once redeemed it is important to act that way.

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things which the LORD hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers.

The text sues the word, "brothers," so apparently it is possible for brothers to behave that way.

But God hates it. I recommend you not make the thread about your salvation, and you think about the genetic fallacy asserted with any implication your posts have veracity simply because you're a Christian.

• Claims were made about Calvinism.
  • Evidence from Calvin's commentary on Genesis was posted proving the claims made incorrect.
  • After that information was read and quoted the falsehoods were repeated.
  • Once repeated with the knowledge they were incorrect they became lies.

The posts prove it.
Thank you for your time.

You are a troll.

I, in love, am attempting to open your eyes.

That may not be very pleasant for you so you do not feel that it is love.

However, it is.
Warning: Stop responding to posts with accusations that are false and hate filled, and your self aggrandizement. Respond to content with content. You are about to get yourself booted for trolling. Only you can fix that. And if you backtalk and insult me in response to this, it is lights out for a time.

Warning: Stop responding to posts with accusations that are false and hate filled, and your self aggrandizement. Respond to content with content. You are about to get yourself booted for trolling. Only you can fix that. And if you backtalk and insult me in response to this, it is lights out for a time.
Where have I accused anyone? use the quote feature and show the evidence, please.

No, for no one has been able to prove me wrong.
Everyone has proven you wrong at every point. The fact that you keep repeating what has already been proven wrong does not mean you have not been proven wrong.

Certain people also have insulted me by calling me a troll...

an accusation without evidence.

The support was in scripture...Hosea 11:1 and Matthew 2:15.
Don't just give a couple of scriptures as your evidence. Exegete them. State your premise, which is a conclusion, then proceed to lay out how you arrived at your conclusion. That is how one proves or disproves a thing, Not by just saying something is so.

Where have I accused anyone? use the quote feature and show the evidence, please.
Are you back talking me? Some of them I have deleted, and I owe you nothing.

Don't just give a couple of scriptures as your evidence. Exegete them. State your premise, which is a conclusion, then proceed to lay out how you arrived at your conclusion. That is how one proves or disproves a thing, Not by just saying something is so.
It is my mo to both conceal (Proverbs 12:23) and disperse (Proverbs 15:7) knowledge, by giving the references and not quoting the scripture in question.

If anyone wants to study it out, they will see that what I am saying is true. If anyone will not, then they probably wouldn't have received my conclusions anyway.

Deleted for inappropriate content and trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back