• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

A PROPHET LIKE UNTO ME

jeremiah1five

BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
Reaction score
Country
USA
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Luke 24:44.

Luke 24:44 emphasizes Jesus' statement about the fulfillment of prophecies concerning him in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms. Here are some parallels between the life and prophecies of Jesus and the life and history of Moses:

Birth Under Threat:
Moses: Pharaoh ordered the killing of Hebrew male babies due to the threat of a deliverer (Exodus 1:22).
Jesus: King Herod ordered the massacre of male infants in Bethlehem due to the perceived threat of a newborn king (Matthew 2:16-18).

Flight to Egypt:
Moses: Fled to Midian to escape Pharaoh's wrath (Exodus 2:15).
Jesus: Escaped to Egypt with his parents to avoid Herod's massacre (Matthew 2:13-15).

Return from Egypt:
Moses: Returned to Egypt to deliver the Israelites from slavery.
Jesus: Returned from Egypt to begin his public ministry.

Deliverance from Bondage:
Moses: Led the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt, parting the Red Sea for their escape.
Jesus: Came to deliver people from the bondage of sin and death.

40 Days of Testing:
Moses: Spent 40 days on Mount Sinai in the presence of God (Exodus 24:18).
Jesus: Spent 40 days in the wilderness being tempted by Satan (Matthew 4:1-11).

Lawgiver:
Moses: Received the Law (Ten Commandments) on Mount Sinai.
Jesus: Fulfilled the Law and introduced a new covenant.

Intercessor:
Moses: Interceded on behalf of the sinful Israelites (Exodus 32:11-14).
Jesus: Serves as the ultimate intercessor between God and humanity (Hebrews 7:25).

Prophet:
Moses: Was a prophet, and God spoke to him face to face (Deuteronomy 34:10).
Jesus: Proclaimed the word of God and is the final revelation of God (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Transfiguration:
Moses: Experienced a transfiguration on Mount Sinai (Exodus 34:29-35).
Jesus: Experienced the transfiguration on a mountain with Moses present (Matthew 17:1-8).

These parallels highlight the connections between the life and mission of Moses in the Old Testament and the fulfillment of those themes in the life and ministry of Jesus as described in the New Testament.

15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; Deuteronomy 18:15.

Very good post. One of your better ops.

What does it have to do with Deuteronomy 18:15-18?

Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deuteronomy 18:18 NAS
I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Deuteronomy 18:18 ESV
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Is there anyone in Christendom that does not recognize Moses as a messianic type in the OT? The same could be said of numerous others in the OT. Why is Moses being singled out? Given the correlation between Moses and Jesus...

What is the specific point of comment or inquiry intended for discussion?

Back